logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2014 14:41:52(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
With the recent legalization of marijuana use for recreational purposes in the US states of Colorado and Washington, there has been a rise in popularity for decriminalizing it. In fact, many polls show that nearly 55% of all Americans support it's legalization, versus about 25-30% in favor just five years ago. Many view the current marijuana policy across the United States to be similar to the Temperance Movement of the late 1800s-early 1900s, when alcohol was outlawed yet still widely used.

What are your thoughts on the current marijuana laws in each of your respective countries/states/cities/neighborhoods/acropolises?

Do you think it should be kept illegal or made legal? What are your reasons for your decision?

Personally, I think that marijuana should be legalized in the United States because it has plenty of positive health effects. It's been known to help cure glaucoma and several cancers, notably lung and breast. Marijuana is considered to be a better treatment of headaches than advil and aspirin. It's also a lot better than other legalized drugs with taboo like cigarettes and alcohol. Also, many dealers are pretty sketchy at times. Sometimes you have no ideas where some of the weed is coming from. All you know is how to get it into your hands. If it's allowed to be sold in stores, I'll feel more safer knowing that I'm not getting ripped off nor wondering the sneakiness of how the store got it.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2014 14:51:22(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
What do I think about weed. Anything that is going to be legal is going to be used to the benefit of capitalism. We live in that world right now where it is about dollar and how much. Once the government finds a way to get their cut, sure it can be legal. Then you going to see a wide range of statistic about people stay home getting baked, how crime has gone down slightly, how cigarettes are going to transition to be more like weed, all that good stuff and then some and bet your bottom dollar that if it is legalized nationwide it is going to be generalized. Hippies rolling in there grave about how "the man" is holding all the strong shit for medical use and giving the weak stuff to you with a tax. That's what I see.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 24/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Mt. Epic  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2014 15:01:45(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
What do I think about weed. Anything that is going to be legal is going to be used to the benefit of capitalism. We live in that world right now where it is about dollar and how much. Once the government finds a way to get their cut, sure it can be legal. Then you going to see a wide range of statistic about people stay home getting baked, how crime has gone down slightly, how cigarettes are going to transition to be more like weed, all that good stuff and then some and bet your bottom dollar that if it is legalized nationwide it is going to be generalized. Hippies rolling in there grave about how "the man" is holding all the strong shit for medical use and giving the weak stuff to you with a tax. That's what I see.

I definitely agree that if the government can figure out the right tax on marijuana, it would be up-in-arms for legalizing it. I don't think the main issue with marijuana is about the economic benefits or even the health benefits of it. Rather, it's the whole "ethical" issue of it. Like I said, it's the temperance movement of our time. Many people smoke weed. It's a large part of our culture. Since the '60s each generation has had its chopped moments. But the conservative believe that marijuana is the devil's way of seducing you into sin or some shit like that.
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Mt. Epic for this useful post.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2014 15:05:35(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
sure.

the argument against is mainly about morals and crime increasing in areas where it's legalize. i don't think that's true.

Edited by user 24 February 2014 15:07:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 24 February 2014 15:10:52(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Morals change like society changes. Their are going to be people on both sides of the fence, but regardless of the ethical stuff behind weed that was looked as a bad thing so was liquor and that has been around almost as long. Once something is legal and they see it working like in Colorado, the choice is up to the people if they are going to continue looking at it like it is evil or look at it differently. Weed gest legalize but it wouldn't do anything is the mindset of the people look at it as "the devil"

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2014 00:48:10(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
All for legalization.you would think a nation that fights tooth and nail over their god given right to a fucking liter of cola would see this as an equal denial of rights. Except people aren't getting diseases and dying early due to weeds prohibition. They are getting felonies and their constitutional rights stripped from them. Good luck finding decent work after you have a record.
Legalzation would let the user make a safe transaction,the state gets their tax,everyone is happy... Except for the prison industrial complex and the organized crime element. Both of which need to be put out of their misery. Like it or not marijuana is part of our culture. It's time we embrace it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Rincewind  
#7 Posted : 27 February 2014 21:04:59(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i think it needs regulation, and therefore should be legalized to ensure that the proper regulation can be put in place with regards to strength and quality controls.
It could also stop a lot of small time crime (with regards to dealing and possession, not crimes to feed habits), so again in that regard i am in favor.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Mt. Epic  
#8 Posted : 28 February 2014 08:42:01(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Originally Posted by: Rincewind Go to Quoted Post
i think it needs regulation, and therefore should be legalized to ensure that the proper regulation can be put in place with regards to strength and quality controls.
It could also stop a lot of small time crime (with regards to dealing and possession, not crimes to feed habits), so again in that regard i am in favor.

I agree. The demand will still be the same, whether legal or not. Why should we punish people for it? And make the distribution and possession not be an issue. It's really stupid. In the US, having the drugs is far more punishable than using it.
UserPostedImage

Offline _Python_  
#9 Posted : 28 February 2014 16:17:47(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Now that I'm completely sober it doesn't affect me if it becomes legal or stays illegal. I will say that I see it being legal all over the US at some point.
UserPostedImage
Offline Birdman  
#10 Posted : 29 December 2014 22:54:05(UTC)
Birdman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Legalize it...I see no harm...AT ALL so long as it is not being sold to minors i really dont see the problem with people taking substances that do more good than bad. Who are the government to decide what a grown man/woman should or shouldn't consume..end of the day they are SUPPOSED to be working for us not us paying taxes for wars and other b.s policies that only serve those in power
thanks 1 user thanked Birdman for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/12/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 29 December 2014 23:53:54(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
i find it hilarious its schedule one. "no medicinal use"....but how many states have medical marijuana?
once the dinosaurs die out,maybe we can have sensible laws. here in florida,it was on the ballot and got 55% or so of the vote. it needed 60% or something stupid like that. a simple majority on anything should make it pass.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Lastrevio  
#12 Posted : 05 September 2016 06:04:07(UTC)
Lastrevio

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Yes, it should be legalized. If it shouldn't, alcohol shouldn't be either.
Bands:

Evil Lake: Alternative Metal, Nu Metal, Metalcore, Rapcore, think about some weird combination between Nu Metal and Metalcore:

Influences: Slipknot, Goodbye To Gravity, Linkin Park, Korn, Bullet For My Valentine, Hollywood Undead, Deuce.