logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2017 09:53:12(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: May 4th, 2017
Recorded: 2016-2017; Out of This World Studios
Genre: K-Pop, K-R&B, PBR&B, Electronica, Alt-Dance
Label: Studio60 Records, Dahlhouse Enterntainment
Producers: Flame 1&2, FancyN (exec.), DrewWB, inZane

Crash Course Dummy

Crash Course Dummy is the debut album from Korean actor and singer, Dae Ho Park. Released by Studio60 Records on May 4th, 2017, the highly anticipated album comes after over a 3 year wait for fans. Dae Ho Park was signed to Studio60 Records near the end of 2013 but has been mostly focused on his acting career, landing roles in hit series like Consequences, Alistair: The City Of Secrets and Vampire Knight. During this time, he released a collaborational mixtape with his producer, rapper and good friend Drew Westbrook and collaborated with his other good friend, Austin Nimmo on the album track Superhero, keeping his name circulating in the music industry and developing a cult following. Though it features 3 collaborations, the album is exclusively Dae Ho Park. Crash Course Dummy contains 15 personal tracks where the singer opens up about his adventurous love life.

In earlier years, Dae Ho Park had been known only as the twin brother of Mi Sun Kim, lead member of the popular girl group Mi•Mi. While singing was a passion both of the twins held, Dae Ho Park had found that it was easier for him to land acting gigs than recording contracts so he made a plan to embark an acting career and then depart when the time was right. In 2014, Dae Ho Park had hit the jackpot and landed his first huge acting gig and recording contract in the same year. However, it was hard trying to act and make music at the same time so he planned on putting music to the side until he could finally be one hundred percent dedicated. In 2015, he released a collaborative mixtape with his good friend Drew Westbrook to hold fans over as he took time putting together an album that would make the wait worth it. Though his schedule was still busy, Dae Ho Park decided 2016 was the year he finally started getting some music for his debut album together. Out of the numerous studio sessions, Park came out on the other side with a range of different tracks and sounds. Ignore was a personal favorite of his, which is why he released it as soon as possible. "I never expected it to go number one." Dae commented on it's success. His team never even promoted the single, as he was still tied down to a very busy schedule. "2017 is my year." He declared in a tweet early December of 2016. On 2017 New Year's, Dae Ho Park released CRASH!. The song turned out to be his biggest single yet, managing to stay in the Top 20 for 10 whole weeks. In February, Dae Ho Park took to Instagram to officially announce the arrival of Crash Course Dummy, the pre-order going up only hours later. Another single was supposed to be released before the end of March but after fans' harsh reaction to the title of the song being "For Medina", it was pushed back to April 30th, 2017. Instead, Dae Ho Park leaked an earlier version of the tracklist and the release date of his album at the beginning of April.

Nina "Rum" Tarantino, who produces under the name FancyN, is the executive producer of Crash Course Dummy. Other producers of the album include Flame 1&2, DrewWB, and inZane. They all have a hand in the multiple sounds of this project, which varies from K-Pop to K-R&B to Alternative Dance music. Overall, the project brings a darker more urban sound to the table of K-Pop, Dae's sensual vocals creating quite the contrast to his detached lyrics and moody production. One of the best things about his sound is his amazing vocals, his wide vocal range giving him the ability to create distinct atmospheres for his songs alongside the dense electronic production full of synths and beat machines. This really shows in hard-hitting songs like Hand Over Hand and We Don't Have To Go Back where the vocals are just as dramatic as the production. Dae's voice shines even more when the instrumentation is much more tamed which is shown in songs like Sip On This, Let Go and Ignore

Lyrically, Crash Course Dummy is an album about the volatile nature of love, the title representing the ongoing metaphor of the album that compares Dae's love life to a wild ride. While Dae Ho Park leads in writing credits, the album features in plenty of songwriting from Airemese "Coke" Smith, his twin sister Mi Sun Kim and the executive producer of the record, Nina "Rum" Tarantino. Topics range from cautionary tales like CRASH!, BURN! and YELL!, to intimate songs about sex like Cotton Candy Kisses, Let Go and Wanderlust. Dae expands on the concept below:
Dae Ho Park wrote:
With this album, I wanted to write about modern day love. Love is kinda like life, it's always evolving and finding new ways to express itself, how we loved years ago is much different from how we love now. The songs on this record aren't just written about my experiences, they're written about my perspective. I believe that when young, most people sort of look at their love lives as some sort of experiment. We all hope we'll be settled down with the person we love by 40 and so everybody we come in contact with between now and..40 is practice. It's like a crash course to them and since I'm not the kind of person who feels that way, I always end up feeling like the dummy. I'm a selfless person but it's just something about people tossing you around and playing with your emotions as a way to figure out what works for them. And even though I always end up getting wrecked, I continue to love recklessly like a dumb ass [laughs]. I really wanted to capture that side of myself in my debut. Before anything, I am a lover. This is the perfect introduction to me.

Track listing

Standard Edition
UserPostedImage

Total length: 51:48

Edited by user 15 May 2017 08:00:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 12/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2017 11:32:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

1. Dummy ft. Rum
Length: 1:18
Genre: PBR&B
Written by: Niña Tarantino, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: FancyÑ

]Dummy is the opening track on Crash Course Dummy. It serves as an intro, the song only being a minute long and not even featuring Dae Ho Park's singing. The entire track is performed by Rum of Rum & Coke, who also helped write and produce the song. She sing-raps in a lower register with her signature raspy voice about a faulty relationship . In the lyrics, she accepts the role of the scapegoat despite the fact that she feels like her lover is making the careless mistakes. Accusing her partner of thinking love will make their life easier, she ends the song with the haunting line, "When you underestimate love, you only hurt yourself", almost guaranteeing pain. The track also contains a interpolation from Rum's Hold On, a song from Rum & Coke's latest album, Better In Tongues.

Rum

It's always on your mind, yeah?
How I left you blind, yeah
Showing you the signs you pretend not to see
You've been living wrong, oh?
Can't do it on your own, oh?
You not as broken as you finna be
We both know we're only here so you can find the answer to you
Let's drag it on longer than we need and blame it all on me
What I'm known as is all I know to be
Rewind and press repeat

If I take you for a ride, tell me, will you hold on?
If I take you for a ride, tell me, will you hold on?

Dummy!
Who dives head first into the crash course?
Dummy!
Surprised every time his open arms are met with force
Dummy! (Dummy!)
Has his heart on his sleeve when he should have on his seatbelt
Dummy! (Dummy!)
When you underestimate love, you only hurt yourself

Edited by user 04 May 2017 14:02:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

freestylechamp on 04/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2017 11:41:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

2. CRASH!
Length: 3:41
Genre: K-Pop, Alt-Dance
Written by: Dae Ho Park
Produced by: Flame 1&2

CRASH! is a song recorded by the South-Korean singer, actor and model Dae Ho Park serving as his second solo single. The song was written all by Dae Ho Park himself and was produced by Hip Hop Pop producers Flame 1&2. The song serves as the lead single from Dae Ho Park's pending debut album that he has been working hard on for the past 2 years. Overall, it is the third single released by the teenage hearttob, his last single went all the way to the top of the charts, his beautiful R&B ballad with Coke becoming his very first number one. "The song will of course be on the album," Dae Ho answered when asked why CRASH! has been chosen as his lead single over Ignore. "But it only connects with a section of the album. CRASH!, I feel, is truly what the album stands for. Falling in love carelessly and passionately. That is the heart of my record." The song was released worldwide for digital download on December 31st, 2016 and impacted Urban, Pop and Rhythmic radio on January 1st, 2017.

UserPostedImage
A tweet sent from Dae on January 1st, 2017. No one knows if it was sarcastic or serious...

Musically, CRASH! is a K-Pop banger where Dae Ho Park finds himself wanting to be reckless with a "train wreck" of a man. Though his last single served as a much more mature sound from him, this single is a sexy sound for him, his new look adding some edge to his image. Though Dae Ho Park plays a gay man in one of the many shows he's casted in, there were still a few new fans who were caught off guard by his bold track. He tweeted in response to the responses, saying he was "very offended!" and more. "It's not cool to just assume someone's sexuality and then tell them how proud you are for them coming out....I was never in any closet. Lol." Dae went on to describe himself as pansexual in his harmless twitter rant. Despite the confusion, the song was received well, the song debuting #1 and staying in the top 20 for 10 weeks and has been in the top 40 all year.

Dae Ho Park

No constricting his feelings, he's got nothing to hide
If you don't like his dealings, stay up out his life
'Cause he lives with no restrictions, a real fast lane
No conflictions or confusion, that boy knows his range
No one can tame him and neither can I
Neither can I, neither can I

But that's not my aim, he's just what I need
His chaos is full of passion, I know he's got the capacity
All that energy, smash into me
I'll take him head on
You can call me crazy!

He's a fucking train wreck
And I just wanna be apart of the collision
Together we could do some real damage
I'm never shy to cross a line
Either you're on his side, or you're in the way
I wanna be on the ride, not the walkway
Call me crazy
But I'd.. let him.. drive me crazy!
Hell yeah, I'd let him crash into me anyday!

No contracting his words, only says what he means
You can walk out his life, he's all that he'll ever need
Swerving past the opps in his 'rarri
Even whip the hooptie like that boy's named Boyardee
Money long or low, he's no one you can control
And neither can I

But that's not my aim, he's just what I need
His chaos is full of passion, I know he's got the capacity
All that energy, smash into me
I'll take him head on
You can call me crazy!

Call me crazy

Times seems to slow
When we impact
I hold my breath in
And hope it'll be my last
Take my life, ooh!

Call me crazy

He's a, he's a, he's a..
He's a, he's a, he's a..
Train wreck
Yeah

BrownSugar on 04/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2017 12:10:04(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

3. Sip On This
Length: 3:41
Genre: R&B, Dance
Written by: Aikya Balan, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: DrewWB, inZane

Sip On This was the second song from the album that was heard by the public. In December of 2016, Dae Ho Park went to Soundcloud to leak the song because he was told by his team to "wait". After the song was recieved well by the internet, it convinced his label and the like to finally get a move on with his career. The song was previously an Aikya Balan song but after hearing in a studio session, Dae Ho Park cut his own version. Balan willingly gave the song to him, even helping him rewrite so that the song fit him a bit more. A slower dance track where Dae sings in a sexy falsetto about a man he just can't seem to keep, production is handled by DrewWB and inZane. Both producers create a minimalist atmosphere with quiet synths and other pleasant electronic instruments that suit Dae's softer voice well.

Dae Ho Park

I just can't go on
Knowing the place you call your home
But as long as you drop by, I'll keep your glass near
Home remedies are just too weak
You've been finding something new every week
And when swept out onto the street, you head straight for here

Easy come, easy go
My only goal is to make you see
If you really think you've tried everything
Sip on this, sip on this
Ahh..
Sip on this

I just can't stand by
And watch as you bleed your heart dry
You'll waste your youth on pointless dudes who'll leave you with a bitter taste
Though it's hard for me to say, there'll come a day
Where you'll long for me but I'll be on a wave
I pray that you see it for us before it's too late, and I don't even pray

Easy come, easy go
Sip on this, sip on this
Ahh..
Sip on this

Just a little taste
One drop is all you need to soothe your mind
Didn't come to play
An extra dose just might make you mine

Easy come, easy go
Sip on this, sip on this
Sip on this
Ahh..
Ahh..
Easy come, let's keep it that way
Ahh..
Ahh..
Easy come, now I just have to make you stay

BrownSugar on 04/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 04 May 2017 12:28:04(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

4. Let Go
Length: 3:52
Written by: Dae Ho Park, Airemese Nicole Smith, Drew Westbrook
Produced by: DrewWB, FancyN (violins), inZane (electronic guitar)

Serving as the fourth track on Crash Course Dummy, Let Go is a quiet PBR&B song written by Dae Ho Park, Airemese Nicole Smith, and Drew Westbrook. The sensual lyrics are written about Dae's sexual experience with a closeted man, softly singing the lyrics, "Doesn't it just make you mad? This is the only place you can be you" in yet another song led by his smooth falsetto. DrewWB's production features an underlying organ which is dressed up with a beat that almost resembles the rhythm of a heart. One of the slowest songs on the album, it also features a piano, set of violins played by Nina Tarantino, a few synths and a mellow electronic guitar played by Zane Anoshkin.

Dae Ho Park

Can't say how you feel but that's alright
I already know
When it's right, every stroke paints your soul
You already told

Suddenly it's crystal clear
You need me more than you mean to
Doesn't it just make you mad?
This is the only place you can be you

Let go
Shut me out, I wanna find my own way in
Let go

Who told you your feelings weren't welcome?
That's when we're really one
When we can feel each other's pain
Don't just mask your mood because I'm in the mood
Let's just take it slow
Spoon until the Sun's up again

Suddenly it's crystal clear
You need me more than you mean to
Doesn't it just make you mad?
This is the only place you can be you

Let go
Let go

Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 04 May 2017 12:54:19(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

5. One Foot Forward
Length: 3:25
Written by: Drew Westbrook, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: DrewWB, inZane (electronic guitar)

One Foot Forward is the fifth song on the album written by Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park with production from DrewWB. A song about trying to get over an ex by having meaningless sex, Dae sings with a much stronger voice than in the last 2 tracks on the album, only revisiting his falsetto in the pre-hook. The instrumental feels much more emptier than any of Dae's other songs, only things accompanying his voice being a quiet piano, a beat that seems to tremor and edited hand claps that make the backbone of the rhythm. Towards the end, Zane Anoshkin appears in the song once again with his electronic guitar on what would otherwise be an uneventful song.

Dae Ho Park

Will you miss me?
Doubt it
The memories
Countless
12 steps
Stuck on the first two
But after tonight
I wont need you

Going down the wrong path
But I bet it can't be too bad, compared to what we had
Can't remember the last time I laughed
But I'll share one with her, and pray it works

Best part about losing love
Is fucking away the pain
Tryna forget about us
But also tryna make it feel the same
You moved on
Gotta move fast
Found a new girl
Know it wont last

One foot forward
One foot forward
I'm putting one foot forward
Just can't let the thought of you set me back

There's 12 steps
I skipped 5
Doing it all wrong
Just wanna feel right
Going down this slippery slope
Letting go of all control, hope against hope
You had the key to my soul
And if I can't make you stay, I'll give it away

Best part about losing love
Is fucking away the pain
Tryna forget about us
But also tryna make it feel the same
You moved on
Gotta move fast
Found a new girl
Know it wont last

One foot forward
One foot forward
I'm putting one foot forward
Just can't let the thought of you set me back

Will you miss me?
Doubt it
The memories
Countless
12 steps
No love
It's over
Over

Step, step, step, step
Step, step, step, step
(I'll be running)
Step, step, step, step
Step, step, step, step

One foot forward
One foot forward
Ooh..

RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 04 May 2017 13:52:50(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

6. Hand Over Hand
Length: 4:37
Genre: PBR&B, Electronica
Written by: Airemese Nicole Smith, Niña Tarantino, Drew Westbrook, Dae Ho Park

Hand Over Hand, the sixth song on Crash Course Dummy, continues the car theme of the project, comparing the hand over hand steering technique to making the same mistakes over again, as they both will have you going in circles. The song is solely produced by FancyÑ who completely revives the record's energy after a string of quieter songs open up the project. In the song, Dae's layered vocals sing against a strong tide of electrifying synths and a shy beat underneath it all. The song is also arguably one of Dae's best vocal performances yet, showing off his strong higher register, belting all the to an A5, a feat that is impressive for both male and female vocalists alike. While Hand Over Hand is a midtempo song, it doesn't get rid of the moody vibe, the lyrics describing his frustration with being let down by love but still not convincing himself to give up on it. Written by Airemese Nicole Smith, Niña Tarantino, Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park himself, the track is yet another song with a small amount of lyrics, but these just seem to have a little more to say.

Dae Ho Park

Lend me a shoulder
I swear, I'm good for it

You see but you just don't understand
I'm so high up 'cause I don't know how to land
Running 'cause I don't know where I stand
Round and round, hand over hand

Just when it's coming full circle
It all blows up right in my face
Stuck in a loop of empty promises
Not even my chains can break the chain
All this sparring but never seem to learn, driving because I can't
Looking for a place where I'll forget who I am and do it all again

Give me a home
I swear, I'll remember it

You think but you just can't comprehend
I'm so high up 'cause I don't know how to land
Running 'cause I don't know where I stand
Round and round, hand over hand

All this sparring but never seem to learn, driving because I can't
Looking for a place where I'll forget who I am and do it all again

(Hand over hand)
And do it all again
(Hand over hand)
Driving because I can't
(Hand over hand)
And do it all again
(Hand over hand)
Driving because I can't

Driving til I don't know where I am
Putting faith where I know I can't
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

All this sparring but never seem to learn anything!
Driving because I can't
Looking for a place where I'll forget who I am, ohh!
And do it all again

Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again
Let's do it all again

Edited by user 04 May 2017 15:17:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 05 May 2017 12:01:03(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

7. BURN!
Length: 4:20
Genre: K-Pop, Alt-Dance, Dubstep
Written by: Airemese Nicole Smith, Mi Sun Kim, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: Flame 1&2

BURN! is the seventh song on Crash Course Dummy. Produced by Flame 1&2, it returns the album back to the electronic K-Pop sound of CRASH!, even revisiting the theme of falling hard for a carefree person, this time a female. The song was initially written by Dae Ho Park, completing the chorus all by himself months before deciding he needed help finishing it. Co-writers Airemese "Coke" Smith and his twin sister Mi Sun Kim ended up writing the rest of the song, expanding the topic from falling in love with a woman to falling in love with a married woman. The song is Alternative Dance with obvious Dubstep influences. Just like in CRASH!, Dae Ho Park gives a strong vocal delivery over a robotic instrumental led by sequencers, rhythmic clicks, and electronic vocal samples.

Dae Ho Park

Broken and sexy, that's a recipe for disaster
I love the chase when I don't know what I'm after
You're a Pandora's box and if I was smart, I'd take a breather
The best song wasn't a single, you weren't either

Show me love, show me pain, show me what I need
I've been a bad boy, don't show me mercy
Whatever you're doing is working, if your endgame is hurt, burn me
Who even asked them to take my pain so personally?

Here we go again
Catch me, I'm falling
Temperature's rising
Baptize me now, I dedicate my life

Tried to teach me better but I never really learn
You ain't fucking right if you don't love her 'til it hurts
A taste of her tongue and suddenly, I believe
Gave that girl my soul and she's gone do just as she please, my god!
If it.. ain't right.. then I..
Want! To! Burn!
Wanna burn with her!

Strong girl with a "fuck you" attitude
You don't think you need her because you know you do
Why does my heart scream yes when everybody says no?
I'm a train wreck and I'm headed straight for her home

You show me everything but mercy
Whatever you're doing is working, if your endgame is hurt, burn me
Who even asked them to take my pain so personally?

Here we go again
Catch me, I'm falling
My temperature is rising
Baptize me now, I dedicate my life

Want! To! Burn!
Wanna burn with her!

Nothing else seems to matter when we're together
I'm sick for loving you this hard and I don't want to get better
Don't care that she'll never be mines, I just want to be hers
Set my body on fire and watch me squirm

Show me lust, show me sin, show me obscenity
Show me smoke and mirrors, show me what you see in me
Show me everything, everything but mercy

Want! To! Burn!
Wanna burn with her!
Atonic Records on 05/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 05 May 2017 14:19:35(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

8. For Medina
Length: 4:20
Genre: K-Pop, K-R&B
Produced by: DrewWB, Flame 1&2 (

Written by Dae Ho Park and produced by DrewWB and Flame 1&2,For Medina is the eighth track on Crash Course Dummy and is planned to be the third single off of the record. The song was supposed to be released before the album came out, presumably around March, but after fans' harsh reaction to the title of the song, it was pushed back to April 30th, 2017 and then pushed back again after the fact. Just as Dae's fans assumed, the song is an open love letter to the popular singer Medina. Even more than that, he reminds fans that he has a love life outside of any rumors or fantasies. In For Medina, Dae Ho Park distances himself from fans' opinions of his relationships, explaining as a public figure that he wants to be able to tell his fans everything knowing that they'll understand. "For you, I leave my love letters blank and open for interpretation but for me, this time I have to say it..." He croons in the pre-chorus of the song. On the track, Dae Ho Park combines the sounds of both K-Pop and K-R&B fr a groovy electronic sound carried by his dreamy vocals. An upbeat funky song, the sound is deeply inspired by Pop, R&B and disco, the bass guitar played by Drew Westbrook and hard hitting dance beat giving it a retro feel that doesn't feel dated at all.

Dae Ho Park

My deepest thoughts can be heard around the globe
Slip right out of my mind to the nearest earlobe
They linger at the top, written in the sky
They all know who wrote it, no one knows why

I'm avart-garde, had to put it in words known
People get so stuck on what they've seen before
When I die, my music will be my tomb
I usually never mind, if they say so

I sing to every girl, I sing to every boy
I got love for everyone, you just have to claim it
For you, I leave my love letters blank, open for interpretation
But for me, this time I just have to say it

This one's for Medina
My twisted Athena
Got me fighting what I'm feeling
Tongue cursed to the ceiling
She stirs up a war inside
A desperate prayer that got no reply
Fighting what I'm feeling
Until I see the fire in those eyes
....Fuck it!
Anytime, anyplace
Everywhere, everyday
Who cares what they say when she's who I do it for?
Modern day Athena, goddess of war
No more fighting what I'm feeling
Come and get this love galore

My deepest thoughts can be heard all over
Tempts me to share the secrets I hold closer
I've been kissed by a four leaf clover, gotta tell somebody
If I can't sing what matters, my songs just don't matter, I become nobody

When I die, the music will be my grave
I want a say in what my headstone will say

This one's for Medina
My twisted Athena
....Fuck it!
Anytime, anyplace
Everywhere, everyday

I'm transparent, nothing to hide
If I love how you make me feel, I'll make sure you know it's genuine
A little overdue, it's about damn time
If I love how you make me feel, I'll make sure you know it's genuine

This one's for Medina
My twisted Athena
....Fuck it!
Anytime, anyplace
Everywhere, everyday

She can get this love galore!

Edited by user 06 May 2017 05:57:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrownSugar on 05/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 06/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 07 May 2017 04:11:55(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

9. Cotton Candy Kisses
Length: 3:16

Cotton Candy Kisses is the ninth track on Crash Course Dummy. Written with his own words, Dae Ho Park sings about his fascination with womanhood on the PBR&B track, his silky vocals performing an intimate "thank you" to all the woman who better his life knowing that he's still learning how to treat women. "I'll never understand why you even let me in" He admits, explaining that he doesn't feel he deserves the warmth of a woman's love but wishes to match it. FancyÑ produces the experimental slow jam, bringing the song in with an electronic keyboard and soft chimes before it breaks off into a sort of hand percussion ensemble, a clinky rhythm of different scrapers and sticks completely taking over the song's production.

Dae Ho Park

No, I don't know what it's like with a skirt on
And no, I'll never be as vulnerable, that's a whole different strong
You could never do wrong
Unless you let us tell you what to want

I wonder if you feel it too but you just wonder what I felt

...Soft summer winds at a beautiful park
So this is what it's like inside of a heart
I'll never understand why you even let me in
But damn, I love cotton candy kisses, the greatest feeling
A sense like this is dangerous, of course they'd say it's a sin

No, I'll never know the pressure, you're left to feel that alone
And no, this won't stop me from taking you for granted, but that's a whole 'nother song
We just don't know how to act
You provide an escape from a world we drove bad

I wonder if you feel it too but you just wonder what I felt

I wonder if you felt it too but you just wonder how I feel
There's not a word that can explain the chills
Makes it so easy to mistake it for real
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't
When we're together, I see visions of love
And I can't help it

A sense like this is dangerous, of course they'd say it's a sin

BrownSugar on 07/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/05/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 08 May 2017 01:24:28(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

10. This Tall
Length: 3:02
Genre: R&B Pop
Written by: Niña "Rum" Tarantino, Dae Ho Park, Mi Sun Kim
Produced by: Flame 1&2, DrewWB

This Tall is an upbeat R&B banger written by Niña "Rum" Tarantino, Dae Ho Park and Mi Sun Kim. Written about accepting himself for himself, Dae Ho Park sings about his flawed way of loving, lines like "Love's what I love giving, but I don't really do too well with pinning" revealing his fear of being tied down to one person. Throughout the track he tells those who are interested in him to be as open minded as he is and accept that he's not looking to settle down anytime​ soon. Produced by Flame 1&2 and DrewWB, the song is carried by Dae's cocky delivery which go well with the catchy beat and The booming bass accompanied by layered vocals and even finger snaps.

Dae Ho Park

Another song, another wrong
Need you now 'cause what I want might not be what I'll want
Indecisive, loose cannon
Love me no matter what because I know they won't

No in between, you can love it or hate me
All the boys and girls still wanna if you seek Amy
Fuck you, pay me, I'm cocky with a twist
If you wanna ride my ride then you gotta be like this..

I'm independent, just as happy when the party's ending
Love's what I love giving, but I don't really do too well with pinning
Let me loose, I won't know you care until I see you're willing
I'm unconventional, reading all the thoughts you never thought before
It's unconditional, got lots of love to give and its lifelong
Let me loose, set me free, and I won't have to run
If you wanna ride my ride then you gotta be like thi-i-is tall
Thi-i-is tall
Thi-i-is tall

Another bed, another guess
All I know is it was one of those nights where I don't think ahead
Indecisive, reckless
I try to make a promise but I'm living in the moment

No in between, you can love it or hate me
All the boys and girls still wanna if you seek Amy
I need someone who gets me, why so serious?

Thi-i-is tall
Thi-i-is tall

Just go with the flow, you'll see it ain't that deep
Who told you love was supposed to clip your wings?
The way they live is tried and true but I'm looking for happy
We could build a home together or roam the world without a worry
Follow me and be free, when I wander off, don't stess

Thi-i-is tall
Thi-i-is tall
thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 08 May 2017 01:40:24(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

11. Ignore ft. Coke
Length: 4:00
Genre: K-R&B
Written by: Drew Westbrook, Airemese Smith, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: DrewWB

Ignore is a song recorded by the South-Korean singer, actor and model Dae Ho Park featuring guest vocals from Coke, a member of the Hip Hop duo, Rum & Coke. The duet was co-written by both artists on the track with Drew Westbrook who also provided the production for the song. Serving as the second single released by the elusive teenage heartthrob, the song was released worldwide for digital download on June 8th, 2016 and impacted Urban, Pop and Rhythmic radio on the same day. Praised by critics, many are calling it Drew's best attempt at songwriting so far. Musically, Ignore is an R&B/Pop Ballad which plays as a duet between 2 lovers who are starting to love each other only at the thought of not having each other. It serves as a much more mature sound from Dae Ho and even Coke. Accompanied with a piano and snaps, Coke's breathy vocals trails behind Park's confident coos, though in the lyrics, the only thing either of them are confident about is how much they don't deserve a chance at love that they gave away so easily. "I'm like any other adult, I want what I wont," Coke sings in the bridge, showing just how much the lyrics were inspired by Marilyn Monroe's After You Get What You Want You Don't Want It, supporting the theme of why neither of them want to take themselves seriously, knowing they only suddenly want to cherish the relationship because they now know they can't have it. Critics praised the song and the public loved it, Ignore becoming Dae Ho Park's first number one record despite no promotion. It went on to be nominated at the Fan Choice Award's twice.

Dae Ho Park
Coke
Both

(Ignore) everything I say, 'cause really I'm just a fool
(Ignore) that I'm just starting to claim how much I love you
(Ignore) 'cause it's so stupid that we didn't know what we had until it wasn't ours
Disregard

The way I'd ignore your calls just because I wanted
The way I'd ignore how you felt and did whatever I wanted
I now have to force myself to do, oh how ironic
Only takes a look to start a love, but just enough neglect to haunt it

And really what we had was only subjective
Fell in and out of love over petty objections
What sense does it m-m-m-m-make?
To mourn what we never cared for anyway?

I ignored all your love, I did
I ignored all your trust, I did
Now we're left to ignore us, look at what we did

We never deserved it

(Ignore) everything I say, 'cause baby I just don't mean it
(Ignore) 'cause if it was really love, maybe we would've seen it
(Ignore) that it would've been alright if we didn't tear it apart
Disregard

The way I'd ignore your calls just because I wanted
The way I'd ignore how you felt and did whatever I wanted
I now have to force myself to do, oh how ironic
Only takes a look to start a love, but just enough neglect to haunt it

And really what we had was only subjective
Fell in and out of love over petty objections
What sense does it m-m-m-m-make?
To mourn what we never cared for in the first place?

I ignored all we had, you too
I ignored all the traps, you too
Now we're left to ignore us, boohoo

We never deserved it

(Ignore)
Funny how I cry you're all that I miss through these lonely nights
When I never gave a shit through the days you were all mine
I'm like any other adult
I only want what I wont

If I stay behind, push me out the door
Hard to say goodbye but at least we know how to ignore

Since we forgot we should love, ignore
Since we took advantage of, ignore
The consequence will haunt us, just ignore

We only deserve it
[/color]

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#13 Posted : 08 May 2017 03:34:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

12. YELL!
Length: 4:21
Genre: Electronica, Alt-Dance
Produced by: FancyÑ​, inZane

YELL!, the twelfth song on Crash Course Dummy, is a midtempo Electronica and Alternative Dance song about refusing to give up on love. Written by Dae Ho Park, the song takes us behind the scenes into the life of an up and coming singer. He's trying to hold on to the remains of his deteriorating relationship that's falling apart due to his busy schedule. "Are you gonna yell out?/Or just let them drown out our sound?" Dae sings, pleading his lover to love him more than any fan could. In the end, they can't, and Dae blames himself with the line "You know the real me", claiming it makes it hard for them to show the same blind support. Just as the lyrics imply, the production is loud, a hard hitting beat, off-putting vocal samples and edgy synths coming together to make a noisy dance track that's quite catchy.

Dae Ho Park

You're giving your all
I'm trying my best
Echoes in our heads
It's not enough
Your fight is my sorrow
My flight is your death
We swear forever

But only with our fingers crossed
Shake a hand then rub it off
I hate making promises I can't keep
Some things are just fated
Dabble in the truth, so jaded
Our song is pointless noise

But I'm still gonna yell (YELL!) out
Sing along until my voice is sore (YELL!) sore
Might destruct myself (YELL!) ow
But until that day I'm gonna yell (YELL!) more

A love that kept me up
Best year of my life
I'll try to repay you
It's not enough
Your aura's magnetic
And I'll have my career
We'll fall for others

But only with our fingers crossed
Dabble in the truth, so jaded

Yell, yell, yell out
Babe, we gotta yell, yell, yell out
Are you gonna yell, yell, yell out?
Or just let everything fade away?

Call my name, sing for me
You dream of more, I can't breathe
Don't let go, not yet
I'll yell until we mean something

But only with my fingers crossed
We both know the truth, oh we do

Yell, yell, yell out
Babe, we gotta yell, yell, yell out
Are you gonna yell, yell, yell out?
Or just let them drown out our sound?

You can't see what they see
Cause you know the real me
Echoes in our heads
I'm not enough

BrownSugar on 08/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 08 May 2017 04:15:34(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

13. We Don't Have To Go Back ft. Medina
Length: 4:17
Genre: K-R&B, Electro-R&B
Written by: Mi Sun Kim, Dae Ho Park, Airemese Nicole Smith
Produced by: FancyÑ​

An Electronic R&B ballad, I Don't Wanna Go Back is a collaboration between Dae Ho Park and Medina. The lyrics are written by Mi Sun Kim, Airemese Smith and Dae Ho Park himself and tell us the story of two lives that meet during​ their getaways. An obvious nod to the time the two singers spent in Celebrity Big Brother, We Don't Have To Go Back is written in the key of A minor and moves at a tempo of 118 beats per minute in common time. The song follows a chord progression of F–C–G–Am–F–C–G–G♯dim–Am, and the vocals span two octaves, the electronic ballad relying on a vibrating bass and a hard hitting beat that both Dae and Medina sing over in their sexy falsetto voices.

Dae Ho Park
Medina
Both

You make it so hard to focus
Even when my eyes aren't open, I see you
I'd run off into oblivion
Dive through the sun if you ever wanted to

It's just that easy
When you're with me
Everything
Always seems
To matter less
Trace my chest
I'll hold you tight
Race your heart to the finish line

Baby, I'm a love maniac
And you, you're a poor man's pair of dice
You gave me hope and there's nothing wrong with that
If this is a sinner's paradise,
we don't have to go back
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)

It's just as easy as that, we don't have to go back
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)

You make it hard to believe
I've never lived a fantasy in my life
You like to leave before the sun
But we won't know it's dawn if I just close the blinds

It's just that easy
Stay here with me
Everything
Like, anything
Come see me for it
Kiss my forehead
Mmm, hold me tight

Baby, I'm a love maniac
And you, you're a poor man's pair of dice
we don't have to go back
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)

(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)

In your arms, there's no fear
I don't wanna leave here

(It's just that easy, stay here with me)
With no one else, I'd rather be
In your arms, I can breathe

(Everything always seems to matter less)
Hold my hand, it's one step
Let's fall into oblivion

(It's just that easy when you're with me)
Is as easy at that
We don't have to go back!

Baby, I'm a love maniac
And you're a poor man's pair of dice
we don't have to go back
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)
(Woah oh oh oh oh oh)

We don't have to go back...

freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#15 Posted : 08 May 2017 06:39:16(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

14. Spill Your Soul
Length: 2:43
Genre: K-R&B, Alt-Dance
Produced by: inZane, DrewWB

Dae Ho Park slows Crash Course Dummy down even more with another K-R&B jam. A powerful slow-burner with baritone vocals, guitar noodlings, and ethereal synths, Spill Your Soul, written by Dae Ho Park and produced by inZane and DrewWB, is a song where Dae Ho Park is coming to terms with a breakup. On the lyrics he explains how grateful he is to "finally know what I'm doing wrong".

Dae Ho Park

Say what you want, let me know how you really feel
Loved every inch of your body, tip of your head to your bare heels
But that soul inside remains untouched
All this time and we still aren't aquainted
Yeah, what you're saying hurts me but at least I can finally say I know you whole

Spill your soul
Spit it out at me if you have to
Always wondered what I could be doing wrong
Now I won't have to

Say only what you mean and I promise I'll understand
Your body is a work of art, an easy distraction
If I'd just redirected my attention for a day
I would've noticed our love was fading to a gray
Yeah, your words will haunt me like a ghost but now that this wound is closed, one day I'll carry on

Spill your soul
Spit out it at me if you have to
Now I won't have to

Spill your soul
Now I won't have to

Spill your soul
Now I won't have to
BrownSugar on 08/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/05/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 15/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 15/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#16 Posted : 15 May 2017 07:58:59(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 15/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 15/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/05/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 19 May 2017 00:40:11(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19116 time(s) in 7587 post(s)
Joshua: Buddy!!! I picked up a copy of this as soon as it became available. Regardless of genre, I love an album that sticks to a theme and the whole concept of love being like a crash course while you're the dummy being thrown around and enduring it is very smart. Cleverly written and integrated throughout the record, buddy. I think that Ignore, This Tall and Hand Over Hand are my top 3 among the bunch but it's a great record altogether. Well done, Dae :)

OOC: Nice to see that 2017 is delivering the albums after last year's relative DROUGHT. Great work here but that's always expected from you. I love your writing style. I know the time and effort it takes to put together an entire album so for it to be of this quality is just above and beyond. Dae is also fast becoming one of my favourite characters on here. He's crazy lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 19/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 19/05/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#18 Posted : 21 May 2017 18:06:31(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: I'm in love with this album Dae! First of all, I really love that it has a theme throughout all of the songs! Now this is a cohesive body of work and no song sounds out of place! I love the production and the lyrics, and I think that this genre was made for you! My favorite ones are Ignore and BURN!! Then all the others are like a tie! Everything is great in this album! Perfect job Dae!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
kandii on 21/05/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#19 Posted : 24 May 2017 12:22:40(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I love this. I love how Dae started out as the "k-pop" boy that was in the background of your other characters... to being a true break out star here! I remember you writing something on Twitter I think about Dae having a proper era in 2016 something and you surely kept your word and DELIVERED. You know you've made a killer album when every song on the album is single worthy and I think Crash Course Dummy presents that. All of the lyrics are great and I enjoy the general theme, great work. On the other hand, kudos to you for being such a consistent member on the boards, I think if it came up to it, you'd single-handedly be able to keep this place alive. It's always great all the stuff you present!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 04/06/2017(UTC)