logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<407408409410411>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#8161 Posted : 25 March 2017 10:17:43(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
The Walgreens is right down the street from my house. Well,about 10 minute drive. I think it was either a gift card or a prescription copay.

Rat bastards
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline kandii  
#8162 Posted : 11 April 2017 06:20:05(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
#StayWoke2k17

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/04/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/04/2017(UTC)
Online freestylechamp  
#8163 Posted : 14 May 2017 02:32:23(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The best thing to ever come from fifty shades, ever, hands down fight me!

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 29/05/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8164 Posted : 29 May 2017 10:49:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

I have a serious question but I'm not sure who would have the answer. I moved into this new apartment a month or two ago and I can't figure out how the shower works. I've been taking baths ever since moving because I really can't figure it out. Tried googling it but all of the questions are about something else. I keep telling myself I'll call maintenance but I always forget to and right now it's a holiday.

So it's basically a regular bathroom tub/shower set up. The temperature knob thingy turns counter clockwise from cold to hot and it has a small black button (?) thing that you can push down on while turning. Not sure why because I've pushed it many times and it's done absolutely nothing! The bathtub sprout is just like any other sprout except it seems the part where you usually pull to start the shower is glued down or something so I guess it's for show since it will not budge! The shower head is shiny and fancy. Looks brand new.

I need to know because I went to the pool today and I need to properly get rid of this chlorine. Not tryna bathe in this shit and die. Any ideas? Am I paying for a broken shower? Is this a case for my lawyers? Am I just dumb?
Offline erich hess  
#8165 Posted : 29 May 2017 10:56:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Press the button while pulling the shower dealie on the spout?

Take a picture maybe? Other than that,talk to the landlord? That sounds kinda bizarre.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Online freestylechamp  
#8166 Posted : 29 May 2017 11:19:47(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

With the turn dial and the button have you held the button and pulled the handle out. A picture will help but I think that might work

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8167 Posted : 13 June 2017 22:29:48(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Kinda funny in a morbid way.

Last night I get this screenshot​ of my mom's Facebook page from my ex wife. (We're still friends) and on it is some woman whom my mom seemingly knew for ages telling her that " your cousin was killed in a car wreck a few hours ago. Please call me."

My mom has been dead for like 4 or 5 years.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 13/06/2017(UTC), kandii on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8168 Posted : 14 June 2017 23:06:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
With my boss alone, I'd get Bingo.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 3 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 14/06/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/06/2017(UTC), kandii on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8169 Posted : 14 June 2017 23:27:28(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
I remember having a conversation with my younger sister about the "I don't see race" thing. I think her and a lot of others misinterpret that. I could understand where she was coming from in that she doesn't "see" it as a means of discrimination. She doesn't look at someone who isn't white and immediately judges them. Saying the phrase "I don't see race/colour" however is very dismissive. It sort of takes away the fight and the struggles other races are enduring as well as blending everyone together. It doesn't appreciate the differences among cultures and just overall lessens the significance and meaning of others....like the "All Lives Matter" thing. Now can someone please correct me if I'm wrong because as a white blonde boy I feel like the LAST person who can tell people what to/what not to say in regards to race. I don't want to be dishing out the wrong advice.

Also entered a debate with someone because I told them that being part of the LGBTQ community doesn't take away their white privilege. They were SHOOK that I stripped one of their victim cards from them.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/06/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/06/2017(UTC), kandii on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8170 Posted : 14 June 2017 23:50:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

No, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. People really dont understand what All Lives Matters even means. As if we're really saying only black lives matter. It's even more baffling when black people say it. I understand what they want it to mean but it doesnt mean what they think so it's annoying for them to spread it since it was created specificially to shut down the BLM movement.

But yeah my boss is wuck to use the "But all white people arent racist" and "Well I get discriminated against becaus epeople assume I'm racist because Im white" and I'm just like "You don't pay me enough to educate you, I an not a teacher." She got mad when I described the movie 'Get Out' to her as being about this interracial couple who goes to see her crazy white family.

"All white people aren't crazy."

Girl, yes, yes yall are! Black people are crazy too, like why get so offended over that? She just gets too defensive and dear god the number of times I get the "White people were slaves too" argument, like I have to shut the conversation down at that point.

A lot of people have good intentions but they don't realize what they are really saying and then you have the typical trump lovers who I don't even bother debating with anymore.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/06/2017(UTC), kandii on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8171 Posted : 15 June 2017 00:10:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Black Lives Matter, Pride Month, Women's Marches...people want to give them a bad name. By people I mean crusty, ignorant whites. All these movements are NOT a way of saying "WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU" it's freaking fighting to be as EQUAL as YOU. It's fighting for and celebrating the freedom to exist without oppression. I'll admit, I never used to see the problem in "All Lives Matter", thinking that this was a nice thing and that it included EVERYONE but then I took a step back and realised that it was a way of squashing the voice of the black people yearning to be heard. There's no need for All Lives Matter because that's a given. Everyone DOES matter but not everyone experiences that they way they should. Again, that was another debate I had.

Another thing that bugs me is when people try to deny their white privilege or say "I wish I didn't have white privilege". Again, a lot of people thinking that they mean well but that is pretty insulting. Do they know how many people WISH and DIE for the rights they have? To just turn around and say "I wish I didn't have this" is just...ugh.

As for Trump supporters, it is best not to waste your breath on them. Their logic is so flawed.

Comey: He is guilty.
Trump: I guess I'm guilty.
Trump Supporter: Well I guess we'll never get the bottom of this!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/06/2017(UTC), kandii on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8172 Posted : 15 June 2017 00:19:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

You're gonna have A LOT of those debates because people try to use seperate instances to try and tear down a movement. Especially if it's like some clip of a black person like beating some white guy and they'll be like "Clearly BLM movement is bad and terrible!" They LOVE to do that so it's a never ending battle but I usually just say my piece and ignore comments.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Online freestylechamp  
#8173 Posted : 15 June 2017 00:56:48(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Let me say that communication and talking things through is what make being different so amazing. Be able to intermingle and come together with all kinds of experiences and background is great but on the same coin of that it is these differences that get exploited. I remember my younger cousin, who I'm going to use a lot in this piece so lets call him Al, was able to vote for Obama during his second term and he felt that discrimination against black people in the public eye is over. "Why would they vote for a black guy if they have a white guy that just as good." Al was in the notion that "it's not racist if I can't tell it." and "If it is not in the open for the public and their is no debate that it's racist? then it isn't racist." Now he knows about racism, and the discrimination to minorities. However he feels that all people are racist and white people get the blunt of it. I want to make it this clear before continuing, saying things like that on any divisive issue is cause to beat a dead horse. Hot topics like these aren't always black and white and aren't always open to the public. Al brings up David Sterling A former NBA Owner and billionaire, who said some racist comments about black people. He was caught on tape saying those comments and admits a lot of bad press was force to sell his team and not be a part of the NBA again. David Sterling way of thinking was master and slave like, it was smart to push him out. However his punishment was an extra 2 Billion dollars for his piggy bank. The majority of American are white however South Africa which is overwhelmingly not the case has the same tendencies as far as discrimination. Systemic racism taking place in a which the minority holds money than the majority? I'm not saying that Mexican, African, Asian, Indian, or even middle eastern get a free pass to discriminate but saying things like "I don't see race," is a moot point. As racist as that NBA Owner was, and he was one, he knew that having a team with African Americans gave him a better chance to win games and possible win a championship, and it is very possible that he could have say things like "I don't see race [in the context of this sport] I only see basketball players." Context and communication is what brings us together. When we as a country went to the paris agreement to sign a bill about what we can do to fix climate change. That was based off Context and communication. Pulling out of that agreement was because people were afraid, and because of that fear they got exploited.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8174 Posted : 15 June 2017 01:18:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

I get a square for for the white people with dreads thing. If they wanna wear dreads,go for it. Do I think hippies that wear them are dirty looking? Yes. Yes I do. But it's bullshit to say they can't wear the hairstyle.

Ugh the "all lives matter" thing. These people need kicked in the dick. I'd respect them if they would just admit it's parody and is being done to weaken the idea behind the black lives matter movement. It's like guys,you know what you're doing. Just come out and say what you really think.

What unsold me on the rebel flag was learning it didn't always fly over southern capitol buildings...that didn't start until the civil Rights movement started . Thus,it is bullshit. I have friends and family who still fly it.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#8175 Posted : 15 June 2017 05:51:23(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

I honestly don't care what you choose to wear. If you don't wear it right, I'm dragging you. If you don't wear it right and also happen to be white, I'm extra dragging you. Like when Justin Bieber had those 7 cow tails dreadlocks in his head and got mad when black people hurt his feelings. Should've stayed in your lane!

In reality, cultural appropriation is subjective, all it takes is the right person and the right execution to be considered cultural appreciation. However, in our fucked-up reality, it's only subjective when it comes to artifacts of black culture. And that's because of racism. If people who knew nothing about kimonos started casually selling/wearing kimonos, it would no doubt be called cultural appropriation. That's because it's viewed as something sacred and serious to Japanese tradition. Nothing about Black culture (not to be confused with African culture but that's a whole other debate!!) is viewed as sacred, serious or traditional because it's deeply rooted in minds universally to look down on anything and everything black (even by Africans but that's a whole other debate!!). For centuries, our artifacts have been viewed as dispensable/worthless or ignorant or just ugly...it's cool because it's "edgy" and "gritty" lmao people applaud non-blacks for appropriating black culture because in a high-key racist world, it's brave, they're wearing something dispensable/worthless or ignorant or just ugly. Look at how native american culture is treated as some sort of free-for-all, it's because for centuries white people have trampled all over the native american community and think of them as inferior, if they even think of them at all. The mindset is: "it's okay to name your football team "Redskins" because it's the "Indians", who gives a fuck about them? What they gone do? There's only like 13 of them left."

And then you just have the ultra-woke blacks who want to isolate our culture. Lmao nah.

Like I said, I ultimately don't care but if another black person does, I never dismiss their feelings. I understand their argument. I just wont be arguing along unless it's a person that I know doesn't support the community at all. Let Taylor Swift tan for too long and wear some hoops/braids/anything slightly black if she wanna! That will be a DAY!

Edited by user 15 June 2017 07:35:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/06/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8176 Posted : 21 July 2017 03:53:43(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
I have a serious question but I'm not sure who would have the answer. I moved into this new apartment a month or two ago and I can't figure out how the shower works. I've been taking baths ever since moving because I really can't figure it out. Tried googling it but all of the questions are about something else. I keep telling myself I'll call maintenance but I always forget to and right now it's a holiday.

So it's basically a regular bathroom tub/shower set up. The temperature knob thingy turns counter clockwise from cold to hot and it has a small black button (?) thing that you can push down on while turning. Not sure why because I've pushed it many times and it's done absolutely nothing! The bathtub sprout is just like any other sprout except it seems the part where you usually pull to start the shower is glued down or something so I guess it's for show since it will not budge! The shower head is shiny and fancy. Looks brand new.

I need to know because I went to the pool today and I need to properly get rid of this chlorine. Not tryna bathe in this shit and die. Any ideas? Am I paying for a broken shower? Is this a case for my lawyers? Am I just dumb?

lmao this made me laughh. im moving tomorrow and i never once got my lazy ass to ask what was going on
erich hess on 21/07/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8177 Posted : 13 August 2017 18:12:14(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

I don't have dreams a lot so it always throws me off when I do. They're all lucid dreams btw, which is weird and tiring. But it makes my dreams feel that much more real which is why I fucking hate it. I had a dream tonight (technically today, I took a long ass nap earlier) and it was about a mass shooting. I was at a movie theater/fun house and I wasn't with anyone or watching anything, I was just there to be there. Despite the fact that something inside kept telling me to leave. For some reason, the place locks you in the building while the movie is playing and so it was pretty easy for the place to get shot up. It was very reminiscent of a book I read about a fictional school shooting where the kids were locked in the gym for a pep really and... 😐 I can't remember the name of the book bc I read it maybe a year ago, which is why I find it really weird that I'm dreaming about it now. I was the only person who survived, which I did by playing dead at first (but then I got caught and had to literally bounce off of the walls to not get hit by the bullets). The SWAT team took them out and I went home. But they're spirits kept popping up around the house. Anyways, I woke up from this hours ago but I'm still shook.

Like I mentioned earlier, I only have lucid dreams where I guess you can kind of control what's happening. Since i generally hate dreams and don't like sleeping anyway, i usually just try to wake myself up. And normally, I'd actually wake up but every now and then I'd have dreams Like this instead 😐 And they'd feel JUST like real life. Last time this happened, I dreamt that my sisters and I had a sleepover and then someone broke into my house and axed them while I escaped. I literally woke up that morning thinking that I watched my sisters die 😐 of course it took me a minute or 2 to realize I didn't but still.

I read up on tips on how to tell if I was having a dream or not so that I won't give my mind the luxury of terrorizing me like this...One of the main ones is to read something, look away, and then read it again: if you're in a dream, the text will change and if you're awake it'll stay the same. Doesn't work. I did that in this mass shooting dream and it was one of the reasons why I really thought it was real. I didnt care that I was about to die, I was just falling apart after seeing all those people get killed for no reason and didn't wanna give the shooters the satisfaction of actually succeeding. When they thought I was dead, they were celebrating getting to kill everyone. Of course my dumb ass had to fuck it up and move 💀

Anyways, my dreams are cumstains. They either torture me or make me predict random deaths. What about y'all?

Edited by user 13 August 2017 18:19:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

freestylechamp on 13/08/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8178 Posted : 15 August 2017 05:14:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 15/08/2017(UTC)
Online freestylechamp  
#8179 Posted : 15 August 2017 06:10:02(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Here is my thing about this. Virginia is a pretty white place to live. So I'm not surprise in the least that there was a white nationalist rally and they have the right to have a rally and talk about the good old days. The problem is your message is dumb, your on a sinking ship just let it go. Time is progressing and that will do so much more than striking out of anger. The bigger picture and what I want to know is Mr president they clearly think that you can help them get back to the glory days and you just say. "We are all Americans, we should all come together." That would have been nice but saying nothing really about the message, and only thinking that what happen was a problem because violence broke out. Way to lead, not even a twit pic of him and Kayne locking arms and put unity as the caption for commander and tweets? come on how hard was it to do this,

UserPostedImage

with the captions Unity.

Edited by user 15 August 2017 06:18:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/08/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8180 Posted : 20 August 2017 07:46:20(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

im a southern man.i grew up around the rebel flag.in fact,i myself LIKE to believe it stands for no more than southern culture.(were the dukes of hazzard racist,or just southern?) but when its flown alongside the nazi flag? fuck that shit. its not heritage,its hate. you bastards know what you are doing. just like the bastards who erected confederate statues. these are not civil war era,they are jim crow era. they were erected with the idea of "letting people know where the state stands.". they were put up to intimidate. why is this so hard to understand? yes the democrats started the klan. but how many dems are in the klan today? you call a klan member a liberal an he's likely to punch you in the teeth. is donald trump a racist? i dont know. thats an awful heavy label to lob at someone. does trump allow racists to run amok? fuck yeah.

personally,i have zero problem with the rebel flag and statues of robert e lee..given they are on private land. its immoral to expect taxes,from black people,to go towards the maintenance of these memorials. there are groups of the sons and daughters of the confederacy that still exist. why dont they all get together and make stone mt georgia a confederate park?
hell,make a chapter in every confederate ex state. if its privately owned and operated,i dont think people would care as much.

on a side note. tequila posted a great thing on facebook about "white pride vs black pride". you know what? im my (many) years of life,i never really thought about the fact that most black people in america do not know where they came from. africa is a continent,not a country. i know for fact that my ancestors came over from germany in the 1800's.most black people dont have that luxury. sure,some i know can say they are from haiti or jamaica. but cmon. german pride,irish pride,english pride,french pride doenst carry the stigma of "white pride.". can most black people in america say the same? no. all they have is "im black."they may hacve originally came from niger,the ivory coast or chad.. white pride is bullshit. they say black pride because they truly do not know,and never can know. i myself am of german,belgian,and scottish decent and i am proud of my heritage. i am not "proud" of being white? no. none of my bloodline came frun russia Scandinavia,or east european,nor italy or greece. im proud of my german,belgian and scottish heritage.finally,we should all be proud of our american heritage. we're supposed to be the good guys!we beat the nazis! we beat imperial japan!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 20/08/2017(UTC)