logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2017 13:09:45(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Tell Me
Label: Dahlhouse Entertainment
Genre: Pop, Dance-pop, Tropical House
Lenght: 3:04
Writer(s): Aaron Sanchez, Jason Sanchez, Mateo Mendoza, Miguel Mendoza
Producer(s): MNDZA
Released: July 26th 2017

Who are SZ?

SZ are an American pop/dance pop duo consisting of twin brothers Aaron and Jason Sanchez the two are also the younger brothers of former SYNCO member Layla Sanchez they had made a name for theirselves however back in 2015 on the popular social media app Vine by posting six second videos of them dancing, singing and even short skits showing off their comedy the boys had picked up their own small but dedicated following starting out in July of 2015 however they seemed to sky rocket towards the end of that year to the point where they had even gotten a Culture Uncut article written about them they then decided to move on from the social media app to the real world entertainment industry it wasn't long after that they had gotten in contact with Anniken Dahl-smith looking for a manager for their career the boys were ready to be signed to their first major management company and start releasing music throughout 2016 before their older sister had put a stop to it telling them to hold off on their career and finish school before they just jumped into the industry at the young age of only 16 the boys took the advice given by their older sister and waited until they graduated high school during that time they decided to practice and perfect their writing and vocals for when the time would come and finally when it did they decided to get back into contact with Anniken in hopes to finally launch their music career Anniken was eager to get the boys signed and ready especially after they had improved so much since the last meeting she had with them the boys hit the studio almost immediately after signing to Dahlhouse Entertainment and begun working with both big name producers and newer producers they had gone in already knowing the sound they wanted which definitely made the process easier

Tell Me

Is the debut single by up and coming American pop duo SZ the song was written by the boys of SZ along with help from up and coming writing/production duo MNDZA and produced by MNDZA and it marks the first major release by both SZ and MNDZA

The boys began writing the song earlier this year back in February with the thoughts of an upbeat sound to it they then hit the studio with the boys of MNDZA a few weeks after writing the song to work on the lyrics and find a sound to fit them after reworking the lyrics Mateo and Miguel began working on a beat to go along with them SZ said they were looking for an upbeat summer style sound so the boys of MNDZA had played around with many different sounds until they finally found something that had fit the vibe of the lyrics and the boys' vocals and what they had wanted perfectly

Lyrics

The topic of the song speaks about a relationship the opening lines sees the questioning whether or not it's too soon to start a relationship and thinking that maybe they shouldn't like or love the person as much as they do but also knowing that what they're feeling is actually real as the song goes on the singer tells the other person in the relationship that they're willing it make it work if they want it to the song continues on with that theme of asking the person what they want whether they want it to be a long lasting relationship, a friendship or just a one time hook up the lyrics go into most detail about where things could go in the pre-chorus with lyrics like "If you say stay then I'll stay here until tomorrow" which signifies that they'll just have a one night stand "If you say go then I'll go wanting more" which signifies they'll just remain friends despite him wanting more than that "If you wanna keep me I'll keep you here in my arms" which signifies them in an actual relationship the three choices are left up to the person the song continues on like this throughout the rest of it lyrically the song leans more on a playful and fun side than a more serious side which definitely fits the style of the boys despite them not being the best lyrics they have a sort of personality to them and they are rather catchy during the chorus however the boys decided to completely opt out on a bridge instead they just repeated the chorus again which brought the song to an end and the best part in the song is probably the first verse and pre-chorus the chorus is also pretty good however there's something it leaves there to be desired other than that the all four boys did well on the lyrics for their first major release it may not stand out there with some of the bigger names but it is still a very good first effort on both parts

Production

The production is definitely one of the strongest points on this song going for more of an upbeat yet still chilled and relaxed vibe on the verses and chorus with a pretty solid build up on the pre-choruses there is also a decent little breakdown towards the end of the chorus the song definitely has that possible summer hit sound to it and is almost reminiscent to something that Brandon Grey himself would produce without sounding too similar to something he would do the boys of MNDZA definitely did pull their weight on this track it giving it a sort of trop house sound but also keeping it more radio friendly it isn't spectacular or game changing but it is clear that the song relies a little more on the production and vocals than it does on the actual lyrics and the boys are lucky because the production definitely does have everything it needs to carry the song

Vocals

Another rather high point to this song are the vocals given from the Sanchez twins they give the song a near perfect delivery somewhat showing off where they can take their vocals but also keeping it laid back and fun the older of the pair by 8 minutes Jason opens the track singing in a more laid back style layering his vocals perfectly over the dreamy pop/trop house synths he continues singing this way through the entire first verse after finishing the verse we hear his twin brother Aaron come in singing the pre-chorus he sings it in a similar laid back but as the beat progresses in the song so does his vocals as he builds up to the chorus which he takes the first hald of singing in a similar way that he did through the pre-chorus before we hear his brother come back in with him to harmonize one line of the song after finishing that Jason takes the next two lines of the chorus showing off a slightly higher tone in his vocals before Aaron finishes up the first half of the chorus the boys then sing in unison as they finish up the chorus the next verse and pre-chorus is song in the same way as before by both brothers the only difference in the song is in the next chorus where we hear Jason delivering some pretty solid ad-libs through it the boys sing the chorus twice before they finally bring the song to an end vocally they didn't do anything groundbreaking but they did manage to slightly show of tidbits of whats to come in this track which is good for a debut single

Overall

With decent lyrics, good production and the perfect vocal delivery for this type of track the boys may be on to something sure this track isn't groundbreaking but it definitely is a great debut single something that gives you a just a taste of what they can do and achieve with just a little more time it definitely has the perfect sound to make a huge impact on the radio especially at the moment it could be one of the songs of the summer but only time will tell

Aaron
Jason
Both

Maybe it's too soon
Maybe I shouldn't
But right now I'm feeling this way
No time to waste here
But I'll waste it on you
If you're willing to waste it on me, okay
Just put your body on mine I'll stay, baby
Just keep it this way

If you say stay then I'll stay here until tomorrow
If you say go then I'll go wanting more
If you wanna keep me I'll keep you here in my arms
But I need you to let me know
Baby what you feelin?

Tell me what you thinking bout
Am I in or am I out?
Tell me you want me tonight

I'll hold you tight
Say the things that you wanna
I promise I won't mind

So just tell me what you like

(tell me, tell me, tell me)
I promise I won't mind
I promise I won't mind

So what are you gonna do
Give me an inch and you know that I'll give you a mile
Say you don't want me
And I'll give it up and push all these feelings aside, alright
Keys in your hands do you want me along for the ride?

If you say stay then I'll stay here until tomorrow
If you say go then I'll go wanting more
If you wanna keep me I'll keep you here in my arms
But I need you to let me know
Baby what you feelin?

Am I in or am I out?

I'll hold you tight
I promise I won't mind

(What do you like?)

Am I in or am I out?

I'll hold you tight
I promise I won't mind

I promise I won't mind
I promise I won't mind

Edited by user 01 August 2017 06:16:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 26/07/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/07/2017(UTC), kandii on 26/07/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 26/07/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 30/07/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 01 August 2017 06:13:03(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Lincoln: Hi twins! I love twins! There's two of you but you aren't the same but you look the same and it is cool hehe. Anyway, this song is super catchy and fun to dance to. It is real nice for the summer and I want to play it for my BBQ parties! I get what you mean in the song. Sometimes I wish people would just tell me stuff too! Not like relationship stuff but like where they hide my presents hehe

OOC: The lyrics here are really catchy!! Great work on this. Seems like a real radio friendly pop track :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 01/08/2017(UTC)