logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

141 Pages«<120121122123124>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#2421 Posted : 25 July 2017 06:45:02(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
She chuckled a little. "What makes you think getting hurt again is the only way you'll find yourself? Way to be emo, Mariko. Save it for a song, it'll get the Tumblr girls moist." Moist was one of the words Anniken hated with a passion so naturally, she used it to mock teenagers who she equally hated. When Mariko asked Anniken if she still pretended to be invincible, she leaned in. "Let me let you in on a secret....I'm getting up there in age. I know, its a little hard to believe but let's try and stay with me, okay? I'm over 40 and under 90, I'm no longer counting down the days until my father's death, I'm counting down until my own. I genuinely care about so much less now, I don't get choked up over a lot anymore. Definitely not immune to hurt but you'd.." She thought for a second. "Mariko, you'd have to blow up this building, chop my daughter's hand off and then tell me my liver is failing. In that order. Anything smaller? I'm popping a valium and taking my ass to bed." She shrugged when Mariko brought up fathers. By then, she was thinking about her late husband, the last topic reminding her that his death was also supposed to be some thing outrageous and unlikely that would tear her aparr late in life. She sighed at the thought.

Anniken playfully side eyes Mariko, taking a sip of wine and giving her the bottle back slowly. "Listen, I don't know CPR, and today's not the day I'm learning. This lipstick is expensive." Anniken folded her arms and frowns when Mariko points out that being single isn't gonna change her work ethic, or lack thereof. "Let me dream." She cleared her throat at Mariko's question, neither expecting it or fully understanding what she was asking. "I clean up you guys' distractions for a living, I don't have time for any of my own. But as far as success goes? Im only accomplished because of you all." She smiled warmly. "I profit off of your success more than you do, and I lose much more when you lose. If your next song doesn't do good, you can shrug and release another song. I'll be questioned in my entirety. People will even tell me I don't know what I'm doing and that I should just stick with Rum & Coke." She rolled her eyes, if she had a nickel for every time she heard that last line. "No pressure though! I'm used to it."
Offline erich hess  
#2422 Posted : 25 July 2017 09:27:42(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17916 time(s) in 10410 post(s)
"ew. tumblr girls. even im not that desperate. moist or not." mariko says with a little laugh. mariko did always wonder if her music appealed to the awful people that populated tumblr. for the longest time she assumed tumblr was supposed to be a parody site. mariko leaned in too,like there possibly was life changing information about to be exchanged.mariko's face changes to a grimace of horror when she hears anniken speak about counting down to her own death. while mariko could be pretty oblivious to the death of people she didnt know. she hated hearing people just accept death. it was too much a reminder of the times she accepted she was going to die. "wow...i i guess i knew you would be...um in that age range." mariko said carefully. she hated being reminded of her age and assumed miss smith did too as she was being cleverly vague. "though you honestly dont look it. and thats not just the wine speaking." mariko laughed warmly. she found it funny how anniken's building was first and then her daughter. " you have a great outlook on life....im...between 25 and 40..." mariko says with a little laugh. "so i guess i've yet to reach into that level of zen. you um..wouldnt happen to have any valium on you now?" mariko asks with a little raise of the eyebrow. she could be serious,she may not be.

mariko giggles when anniken pretty much says she wont perform cpr on her. "a little more wine is just what the doctor ordered." she says while taking another drink. in any other profession,mariko would probably be said to have a problem,but in music? mariko wishes she could have given the answer anniken was looking for,but mariko pretty much couldnt be changed. she just responds with a cute shrug. as anniken talks,mariko slowly smiles at either the avoidance or lack of understanding of what she was asking. " come now,miss smith. you have need distractions of your own. no vices? no dirty little cabana boys tucked away in tahiti?" mariko asks,drinking again. she assumed everyone lived as she did. it seemed wierd as hell that someone liked to work all the time. it did sound like miss smith had a load of pressure on her. part of the reason mariko wasnt in a band was because she liked to control the show. she would hate the idea of her success and reputation riding on other people out of her jurisdiction. "you can rest assured that you have that worry with me. all killer,no filler....well maybe,but those were independent releases. " she says confidently. of course,mariko's idea of successful music was probably far different than anniken's.

ooc: sorry if this is all over the place. i have a new kitten and my cat went from ignoring her to now chasing her. ive been trying to keep them apart.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline kandii  
#2423 Posted : 26 July 2017 06:46:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Ooc: that sounds really cute. I want a cat very badly.

"Thank you." Anniken bats her eyes. "You know what they say, Norwegian don't..." She softly exclaims 'shit' when she realizes that they in fact say nothing. She tries again. "Europ-- mm, nope. Pale? Pale don't stale." She says the phrase with confidence, pretending as if she got it right the first time. "No.." Anniken shook her head, laughing briefly. "I don't have a valium on me."

Anniken shook her head at Mariko's question. When put into perspective, her life outside of the entertainment industry was pretty boring. Sure, she had a lot of crazy nights but they were all thanks to the company she keeps. "Nope. Not anymore." She smiles when Mariko reassures her. "I believe in you fully. Wouldn't have tried to sign you if not." She liked her confidence. It was the right mix of ambitious and cute. "Speaking of, how's the music going?"
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2424 Posted : 26 July 2017 21:40:40(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Ooc: they are starting to accept each other as of last night.i do love my kitties.id be lost without the original cat we have.

Mariko thought it was cute the way miss Smith tried to come up with a phrase to explain her youthful good looks . "Yeah.i do remember them saying that." Mariko nodded,totally going along with miss Smith." Here I was hoping you just bathed in the blood of virgins." Mariko says in over the top disappointment. Also disappointing was the lack of Valium. "Damn,you know I have to keep up the family tradition." She giggled.

Mariko frowns slightly at the prospect that miss Smith's days of fun were in the past. In a way, Mariko felt the same way. For better or worse,having people like vara or Nina in her life did make for exciting times. When asked about her progress,mariko puffs up in pride and announces," I have a single ready as we speak. I'm nurturing in hopes it will evolve to an ep. But it's stubborn and still in it's Magikarp form." Mariko had full intentions of being almost productive with her signing to Dahl house.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline kandii  
#2425 Posted : 27 July 2017 04:18:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Anniken chuckled at Mariko's disappointment. "Only every full moon." She sat up at the sound of a new single. "How long were you gonna wait to tell me?" Anniken shook her head at Mariko. "Magi...is that Yu Gi Oh?" She exhaled, giving up on trying to figure out what she meant. "You're aiming for an EP? Mmm okay." Anniken nodded at the idea but she obviously had her own idea ready to be shared. "I mean, personally I would strike the iron while its hot. The people gave you an award, now its time for you to give them an album. Take the songs you've already released, as well as the one you're going to, and put them on one project. Work until you have at least 9 songs and throw it out there..tour a little...and then avoid me for like a year. It's that easy."

Offline erich hess  
#2426 Posted : 27 July 2017 08:14:52(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

" I'll have to keep a lookout for the lunar schedule. " Mariko jokes. There probably was a cycle,but Mariko honestly paid little attention. The moon was either there,or it wasn't. " Yu-Gi-Oh?! Well that's it,my label head crush is now officially...um..whomever erich Hess' girlfriend is. Yu-Gi-Oh is weird."' Mariko laughs loudly. The only summon monsters thing she knew about was Pokemon and final fantasy. A lot of it all was just weird to her. While she was certain miss Smith knew far more about the music business side of things,Mariko wasn't sure she wanted to follow the advice. " Isn't that kinda cheap and underhanded? Why make people pay for songs they've already heard? All they will really want is the new stuff. I don't want to seem like a money grubbing pop star. " Mariko says slightly quieter than usual. She knew miss Smith knew what she was doing,but Mariko would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the way things are normally done. She didn't even produce shirts or anything to sell.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#2427 Posted : 03 August 2017 04:29:15(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
"Nah, that don't sound right." Malik said, one hand strumming his guitar and the other hovering over his laptop's keyboard. His room was cluttered, a one bedroom apartment turned into a makeshift recording studio. Blankets and rugs surrounded the wall, some depicting Disney characters and others filled out with psychedelic patterns.

The repetitive rhythm of a small fan tied the room together. The ashes of a minute-old cigarette rolled about the ashtray on a small table by Malik's Converse-ladden feet.

He was living the life.

A musician, out on his own, without a record deal, a steady job or any connections locally. With a loud sigh and a stretch of his arms, Malik stood.

"I'm fucked." He stated with a monotone passion, striding over to his window in one big stride. "Fucked and hungry."

---

One thing he could give the city since he moved to it, was that it had enough burgers to last him an artery or two. Waiting in line for the burger joint, Malik reached around his pockets, looking around suddenly. "Oh fuck." He had left his wallet.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline freestylechamp  
#2428 Posted : 03 August 2017 04:46:48(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
There was always one thing that Chris was a sucker for and that was kids giving him the puppy eyes. It never seem to failed and so here he was driving kids to see the emoji movie thinking of a way to somehow get out of this. As he got to the movie theater he paid for their kid tickets and then looked at his cousin, "Look I'm going to be outside I know when the movie ends but if you want to go and do what you can normally do when we go to the movies have at it, your going to be here for a little while before going back home." he told his baby cousin. Back when they would watch movie they would movie hop from show to show. it wasn't like they were bootlegging it. She gave a cute "Ok" and then ran inside to where the kids were. For someone that was here for summer vacation kids sure do make friendship fast. He went across the street to get himself someone to eat cause he wasn't about to pay jacked up prices for popcorn or candy. He got to this burger spot that makes a killing being close to the movie theater and he wouldn't mind a burger himself. As he is in line Chris looks at this guy checking his pocket and he saw it the look of "damn it, I don't have any money." Classic, we all been there. "Yo, dude. you forgot your money somewhere huh. I got you home skillet." Chris said walking next to malik and checking his wallet. "We going to have to share some shit, I only got a $10"

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#2429 Posted : 03 August 2017 05:07:57(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Malik's eyes darted around, he hadn't eaten yet that day and the grumbling of his stomach told him that going home to make a break for his wallet would probably kill him. He was moments away from dropping to his knees before a man came in and offered to share his meal with him. "You would do that? For me?" Malik looked the stranger in his eyes and bowed immediately, "Thank you very much!"

"...but I get the burger and you get the fries..." He mumbled under his breath.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline freestylechamp  
#2430 Posted : 03 August 2017 07:06:32(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

"Sure we all been there before and I'm a good neighbor and what not but we spliting the hamburger and the fries I'm hungry too and I need to eat as well." Chris said getting up to the counter and looking for a deal of something. It was one thing to order for yourself it's another when you have another mouth on a ticket. He finds a two burgers and fries for 8 bucks thanks fast food gods. "Alright let me get the two burgers and fries for 8 bucks and two cups for water." After paying for the food and thinking about what to feed them kids afterwards he sat down and ate next to the new guy "So what's your name buddy?"

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#2431 Posted : 10 September 2017 06:27:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19120 time(s) in 7591 post(s)
Joshua hugs one of his fans before posing for a picture with her, finally finishing up his long meet and greet session. To raise money for those affected by recent natural disasters, Joshua held an impromptu gig in New Jersey at a moderately sized club. He performed, sold merchandise, some signed goodies and held a meet and greet too. All the money raised would then be donated to those in need. Aside from one right-wing heckler in the crowd who was swiftly moved by security, the night was a success. He parts ways with the last fan of the night but knows that he's still not finished. People from the media still wish to meet with him and he knows that fans will be waiting outside for him again when he leaves the venue. The concert hall seems much bigger now with only Joshua's team and the employees there. He takes a drink from his water bottle and sits down in one of the empty booths.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline freestylechamp  
#2432 Posted : 10 September 2017 06:40:53(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Tyler has been getting more an more into the public eye but he thing was media. He took notice from someone like Chris who really started with nothing and through a lot of hard work and tough times he was able to turn nothing into a job where he could rub elbow with famous rich successful people all for nothing and was treated well for it. That's what he wanted for himself and so here he was as a "On site" reporter to Pop Culture Catch Up. He met Joshua before at Coke's Party but they didn't talk as he kind of brushed him aside for Dae. He didn't mind he was there to do this job while back then was just for fun. Pushing and shoving his way through he got to the media section where people from all over were there to ask the guy questions. All types of dumb questions like "What do you feel about the damages," "What was that guy doing there to talk bad about you," "How much are you contributing to the cause," questions like these was simple answer to them. Tyler raised his hand and asked him a different questions. " You found out that there going to be a story about your life? Are you going to have any say to figure out if the movie is going to be actuate to you."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#2433 Posted : 10 September 2017 07:24:21(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua sits casually in his booth while answering the reporters who mob the floor. He's not as nervous as he used to be when answering questions. Joshua has had absolutely everything thrown at him by now so there's no question or big, scary reporter that can throw him off. He sits totally chill in the booth and takes the next question. Joshua recognises Tyler's face but doesn't stop to share niceties with him as he's clearly there to do his job. He smiles at him to acknowledge at least, before answering. "Well first of all, I don't think they have plans for a movie...at least I hope not. It's just a book as far as I know. I could block it if I want but I've got bigger battles. I've had a lot of shit written about me, I've been the victim of cyber hacks so I can handle and deal with whatever BS comes out next. The book might actually be written in a positive way but like I said before, I have never met the author in my life nor have I divulged personal stories to anyone like that so this "biography" will probably be highly fictitious in order to up the word count."
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#2434 Posted : 10 September 2017 10:11:56(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Tyler took notes from what Joshua said as everyone started to ask their questions. Once everything was said and done he got a chance to sneak away from the other reporters and was able to get to Joshua with a small wave. "Hey, I don't know if you remember me, I'm Tyler from before I was with Chris Walker the last time but I didn't get a good chance to meet you." He said holding his hand out for him.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#2435 Posted : 10 September 2017 14:45:45(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

After everyone leaves, Joshua slouches in the booth as he's extremely tired out from this impromptu and hectic day. He doesn't even notice Tyler lingering around at first until a wave from him catches the side of his eye. His security approach Tyler, about to remove him as they're wondering why he's hanging around and so close to Joshua. He could be a potential threat to the star. Joshua waves his security away though. "It's alright guys, he's cool. I know him." Joshua smiles at him and shakes Tyler's hand. "Yeah I remember you. You were also on Big Brother...I think? I didn't catch much of it to be honest." Joshua shuffles over, leaving more room in the booth. "Want to sit?"
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#2436 Posted : 10 September 2017 15:00:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Being known as a character on big brother help he guessed he didn't really like the fact that was a stand out trait but when you are out like that what are people supposed to think. "Yea I was on there landed at number 4." When he mentioned to have a seat he sat down and sho the guards to go back to security. "You know I also do media stuff, like reviews go on Chris's shows do my own web series. I'm not as famous or as well known as you but hopefully I could be reminded as someone more than a reality show contestant." He said as he looked around to see people leaving with just a few people around. "It was a great thing you did, I wish others did things like this but this really out of your character for being really outspoken. I'm amazed you can be so opinionated while in a career where individuality is frown upon from labels."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#2437 Posted : 10 September 2017 15:17:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"My sister also likes to remind people that she's more than just a CBB contestant too. She was on the fourth season. I only watched that one religiously to support her. The other seasons? Not so much. Reality TV isn't really my thing. Congratulations on making fourth though!" Joshua smiles at the compliment but doesn't really find the praise necessary. He feels like it's his job to do stuff like this as he is now in a position of power. "Thanks, man. Yeah I feel like more people should be getting involved but I can't dwell on that too much. All I know is that I'm doing my part and doing it the best I can. It's all I can ask for, really." When Tyler brings up his opinionated side, Joshua chuckles and shakes his head. "Well my label bosses are Weekend. They're ALL about colorful characteristics and individuality. I mean sometimes I do get into trouble and am told to keep quiet but...they know that it doesn't really stop me. Wasted breath. If I've got my mind set on something, damn right I'm gonna do it." Joshua laughs.
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#2438 Posted : 11 September 2017 03:08:52(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

OOC: Quick side note you don't know how many time I came to this page then had to get up and do something, I been trying to write this little bit since like 9am.

"Oh yeah the fourth one with crazy Tyron in it. That was a good one." As Joshua congratulated him on place fourth he shrugged his shoulders " I was already I wish I knew you sooner it would have been better if you were on the show now that I think about it." When talking about his position and what it means to be rich and successful I felt like he had to talk about it. "True only you can be responsible for you and no one else. I feel like others in your position tend to pass the buck when it comes to things like this." Having the boss like Billy most have been something to see, he wonder what the first meeting must have been something to see. "I bet Billy must be a riot to report to, What are you getting ready to do now? You going to hang out with some friends and whatnot."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#2439 Posted : 11 September 2017 04:03:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Done that many times before too :P

When Tyler suggests that he should have been on the show too, Joshua cringes at the thought. All those cameras, all those people, all those opinions all under one roof? He'd explode. "Oh nooooo, not for me. I'd end up losing my shit on that damn show. I was actually asked to do it but I turned it down. I wouldn't be able to cope. How did you manage to make it until the last day? I would've cracked by 48 hours." Joshua isn't even kidding. With his naturally ballsy, brash personality mixed in with his bipolar disorder, a reality show would be the recipe for disaster. Joshua thinks about all of the people in similar positions to him. Some are helping and others simply aren't. "It amazes me how frugal the rich are. I'm not rich by any means but I can part with fair amounts of money and not lose sleep over it. There are people in this industry who make MILLIONS and they sweat over parting with a single dime. It sickens me. Regular folk do better charity work than those who actually have the tools to do so." Joshua certainly has strong feelings about it and it's another reason why he's a little bit of an outcast in the industry. He doesn't play the glamorous, celebrity game. He challenges them and knocks them down a peg or two, not thinking twice about doing it publicly either. Joshua chuckles when Billy's name is brought up. "Oh my manager really is a strong character. We get on though. Most of the time," he says with a little smirk. "Well after I leave here I'll probably meet the fans outside so I'll chill with them for a bit...maybe grab something to eat and then just go back to my hotel room. My boyfriend isn't here so I'm pretty much left to my own devices tonight."
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#2440 Posted : 12 September 2017 02:30:48(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Tyler laughed as Joshua brought up the negatives of being on shows and while it had it draw back with the lack of interactive when people leave, and it can be pretty boring. "Yea, They put people on those kind of shows for drama and clashes of opinions. I don't think it was all that entertaining on the inside with the stuff they cut that was too boring to show on tv, I think you could win and it does show people in a different light." He say thinking about the people he was on the show with, he didn't really feel like he did anything special on the show he just did things to stop being bored "I think you just get used to being in the environment. I feel like you could win, Payton won and he is quite......something." he said trying to think up a word for him. When talking about the millionaires who wouldn't do much he felt the same way about it "Yea, a lot of them are life that they treat money like it is something they can take with them when they died." He wanted to laughed as he talked about Johnny leaving him to his own devices. "It is strange to see you in person being so social while online people have a wide range of options of you. and people person isn't one of them."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage