logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2018 16:47:56(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17908 time(s) in 10404 post(s)
https://forums.operation...c/showthread.php?t=36150

at one time,there used to be two games like this, the rockstar game. carl's came for first and was the inspiration for music maven. i personally think doug, (music maven's version of carl) had the better game design. sorry,carl.you hopefully know i love you. it wasnt based off of points,but rather based on days of a month. no matter what, each real day equaled one game month. so you'd do like say: two weeks touring,one week practicing,one week hanging with groupies. it was quick,easy,and spiffy.
but maven was plagued with problems. we the players never knew that the game seemed to not really work if left unattended. it would hang on the nightly updates ALL the time. the mentioned forum thread is rather interesting in that respect. we just all assumed it was a random bug,not something that had to be constantly kept on top of. also, until reading this thread,i forgot about the cheating. a user named vils,who also had a presence in the rp section. over there the game and the rp section was closer together than here. but anyways,this user found out that you could really schedule as many days as you wanted in the month,the game would still accept it. i think this was the beginning of the the end. we never knew who hacked the game and locked doug out,but we liked to think it was vils. after being locked out of his creation,doug lost all interest and carl won the music online rpg war. and a war it was. you either were for therockstargame,or you were a mavenite. but in a good natured way.

i am a bit offended that skimming through that other forum post nobody mentioned me or erich and the draft dodgers.....
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 4 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/02/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/02/2018(UTC), Captain Insano on 02/03/2018(UTC), vodami92 on 23/04/2018(UTC)
Offline Captain Insano  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2018 20:53:14(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Cant believe this place is still going....hehe. Anywho....

I remember Maven like it was yesterday...well ok I exaggerate, its been a bloody long time since it existed but like you I preferred Maven's system to the points one on this game and found it a better game overall and though I more spectated the RP side of things as I only really started doing it late in the game before I shifted here and it always seemed so cool. And don't worry I do remember your name from there haha. I was actually a little intimidated at first as there were so many good RP's. That's not to crap on this one at all, but that period back in the mid to late 2OOO's as far as RP went in this game was pretty cool, back when it had a decent metal community within it, so vibrant and alive. Bikz (RIP), stjimmy, girlspice, regan, gregg, genocidal king, python, nimrod, asdf, I could go on but I wont, I'll just start rambling on and on haha.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
thanks 2 users thanked Captain Insano for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/03/2018(UTC), vodami92 on 23/04/2018(UTC)
Offline _Python_  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2018 11:31:28(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
I always played both. I did some RP here and there on Maven but could never find someone to participate with me. I RPd with you a bit, erich, that I know. Also 40 oz I think was his name? Did a few with him. Other than that, couldn't really get anything going in my RP to where it could become a lasting thing.

I take back the beginning where I said played both. I barely played The Rockstar Game after discovering the RP section lol.

And then damn, Captain Insano, had a lot of good RPs with you. Hell, Bikz, stjimmy, girlspice, even LINO (loved labeled wars, still my favorite thing to ever happen on here), Nimrod and asdf were always chill with me too.

I remember seeing a new music game pop up a while back. Had potential but then just died out. :\

I've played a couple of the music based forum sites and while they always had a moment or two I liked it just wasn't engaging to me the way this and Maven was. Who knows? Maybe one day someone (or some folk) will get together and make a fresh music based rpg. Or hell, start a site with an integrated forum on top of it like I see some of the other RP boards have. That alone would be cool if it took off.

This type of RP just isn't active as it was back in the day.

@Captain Insano - how you been man? long time no see.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked _Python_ for this useful post.
vodami92 on 23/04/2018(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2018 13:41:20(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

40 was great. He always came up with great stuff. I still kinda keep in contact with him and Pete Lamont of mop squad fame.

There seems to be some mysterious,near esoteric mix of certain requirements for a successful music rp game. Maybe one day it will be deciphered.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline _Python_  
#5 Posted : 21 April 2018 18:42:18(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

For me I always just liked the RP aspect. Typing little stories here and there about characters was always fun but other than that I could care less about the game.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 21 April 2018 22:13:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Me too.though idid actually play the game at Maven.it only took about a minute each day.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline _Python_  
#7 Posted : 23 April 2018 18:47:12(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Yeah I played Maven but I'm talking about the others really. Not enough to do I guess? I did play TRSG when I first started but never really got into it after that.

What I liked about Maven was that it was fast enough to be done with that day to not get boring before you were done.
UserPostedImage