logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2018 04:00:28(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: My Illusion
Length: 3:11
Genre: Dance-Pop, Electro-Pop
Label: Kaleidescope Records
Written By: Adam Black
Produced By: Frank Dukes
Taken From: TBA

The music industry has been slow lately but Adam Black looks to reignite it's spark with his first music offering in almost five years. "My Illusion". Looks to bring an insight into Adam's life before he got his life together as the message of the song has a rather dark underlying undertone. In terms of the release of the song Adam gets all the benefits of being married to the co-owner of Kaleidescope Records that being Jordan Snow. The critics have called the song a gritty and powerful song and not like anything we've heard from Adam Black thus far in his career after seemingly quitting the music business to focus on his own life. Since then Adam has married and become a father. It is so far unknown if this song is a one-off from the 28 year-old or whether a new album is on the horizon. Whether you like or hate Adam this song is sure to even make his haters wanna sing along and dance. Lyrically as previous mentioned the song has a very dark side. With Adam singing about seemingly a demon that's I'm his head and making him go crazy and not himself. Which would make sense given his stint a few years ago in rehab. So this song is like full circle for Adam, as it does come from personal experiences the song was written by Adam however production on the track was handled by Frank Dukes, whom has produced for some of the top artists in the world.

"My Illusion" is seen as a dance and electo track but blends in hints of both folk and rock, with Adam's vocals coming off a little more husky and rough than we have previously seen on his last ventures in music. The pop sound also is a change for Adam as his debut fall length album "Memories" that was released all the way back in 2013 was very much a jazz and soul album. "My Illusion" sounds and would fit more with Adam's very early music from his debut EP, due to the fact it has a rock undertone in its sound which is eerily reminiscent of his debut single "Politically Correct". Which was released in 2012 which in itself was a cover/tribute to his younger sister Emerald and found more success than his sister's original version did. "My Illusion", does however show progress from his previous music even though it's got a dark undertone the song also show a maturity in Adam and his vocals as his vocals on "My Illusion" have never sounded better, so all in all this song shows huge growth from the once troubled star.

With 10 reviews from Wiwibloggs, "My Illusion" received an average of 8.45 out of 10, Robyn Jepson gave the song a perfect score of 10 and said that Adam vocals are so powerful and demand you to listen to this well-crafted song. Deban Allen gave the song a rate of 7.5 and said that Adam was "fabulously telegenic" and said "My Illusion" is a real raw and gritty song that still makes you wanna dance, which confused him when listening as the song has a negative message but a beat that makes you wanna dance. Bogdan Ellis however gave the lowest score for the song 3 out of 10 and said that the song was the child of David Guetta's "Lovers on the Sun" and Avicii's "The Nights". Denise Pickleman described the song as a mix between Avicii and Coldplay and gave it 10 out of 10. Billy Bedslam said that the song would certainly win Europeans' hearts and gave it 10 out of 10, stating that the song has that sound and message that makes you really connect to it on a very personal level. Padraig Ellison described the song as "almost perfect" and gave it 9 out of 10. Angus said "My Illusion" has demonstrated a gritty vocal and infections beat perfectly and gave it 10 out of 10. Ron Smiley praised Adam's vocals, saying they pack a punch in the song and also praised the production value of the song calling it one of the best songs his heard in a good while, also commenting that "My Illusion" was something deeper than all his previous songs in the past and gave it 9 out of 10. Sami Jamieson said the song reminded of David Guetta and gave it 9 out of 10. William said the lyrics of the song made no sense and gave it 7 out of 10. Writing in The Independent, Kiran Moodley also compared it with the Guetta song, concluding "indeed the resemblance is uncanny."

Lyrics

Right now, sitting by partron
Tonight waiting to get mashed up
Heartbeat jumping double time
I need another chance to be with you

Still drinking up, for awhile
Can't think straight, fucked up
I can't sleep and I won't die for you, yeah
No not for me to get you
‘coz I'm waiting out, on you
Am I the only one who's not sain

Hey you're messing with my illusion
And the longer it last the more I will fall
Stop screwing with my illusion
coz I'm going crazy outta control

Still here in this asylum
Bone deep in delusion I'm done for
Inside watch my mind die
Outside time stands still as I wonder

Still drinking up, for awhile
Can't think straight, fucked up
I can't sleep and I won't die for you, yeah
No not for me to get you
‘coz I'm waiting out, on you
Am I the only one who's not sain

(I can't sleep and I won't die for you, yeah)

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/07/2018(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/07/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/07/2018(UTC), kandii on 27/07/2018(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/07/2018(UTC), Welat65 on 29/09/2018(UTC), FiveT on 04/10/2018(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 24/05/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2018 07:12:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19119 time(s) in 7590 post(s)
Blake: Nice to see you back making music. The song is a banger!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 27/07/2018(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2018 05:17:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
BitchWat: Let me find out Adam Black is making moves again! This honestly sounds like a song that would win Eurovision because it’s so powerful. Hopefully this song does something for you and makes people hate you less!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/07/2018(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2018 09:12:46(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Blake: Nice to see you back making music. The song is a banger!

Adam: Ah thanks man, glad you like it
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2018 09:15:13(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
BitchWat: Let me find out Adam Black is making moves again! This honestly sounds like a song that would win Eurovision because it’s so powerful. Hopefully this song does something for you and makes people hate you less!

Adam: Being an American I'm not really all that familiar with Eurovision. But I am glad that you like the song

OOC - Fun fact the sound alike actually is a Eurovision winning song :)
UserPostedImage