logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

141 Pages«<116117118119120>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online BrownSugar  
#2341 Posted : 29 November 2016 16:04:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19132 time(s) in 7596 post(s)
Joshua is taken aback by the short little lady who saves the day and offers to pay for his sub and his coffee. It's the first act of kindness he's experienced from a stranger in a long time. Nobody seems to be nice in 2016 for some reason. Except, she isn't a stranger. Starting out in the industry at around the same time and working similar circuits, Anaísz is a familiar face. He just can't seem to recall her name as they've never really interacted and her style of music is not Joshua's thing. Still, he knows that she is in the industry and isn't really sure if she recognises him at all. "Oh...thank you. That's really kind. Are you sure it's no trouble?" Joshua asks as he removes his beanie, revealing a tuft of swirly, chocolate brown hair.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2342 Posted : 30 November 2016 04:16:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
"Yeah, it's cool. It's just a few extra dollars plus you already ordered so it'd be a sin not to get to eat it." Anaísz smiled at him as the lady handed her her card back. The stranger seemed familiar to her but she was drawing a blank. She had met a lot of people during the year so it was becoming almost impossible to keep track of everyone. "I'm Anaísz, by the way. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand. She was a very outgoing person and it never bothered her to be friendly with others.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Online BrownSugar  
#2343 Posted : 30 November 2016 16:52:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Thank you very much. Are you soaking up all the good karma points for 2017?" Joshua asks with a small chuckle as he picks up his sandwich and his coffee. Part of him feels guilty for letting someone else pay for his meal but there's literally nothing he can do about it and damn it, he's starving right about now. When Anaísz introduces herself, the name rings a bell and he can finally put a name to the rather familiar face. "Oh, Anaísz! You don't...and forgive me if I'm wrong...but you don't happen to be a fellow singer do you? I knew you looked familiar. I'm Joshua by the way. Joshua Grimmie." He goes to shake her hand in return but realises one of his is filled with a sub and the other is carrying the coffee. Joshua chuckles and briefly holds his sandwich under his arm to shake Anaísz's hand. He's a really big guy who towers over her and his hand just about dwarfs hers when they connect. "You...wouldn't mind sitting with me, would you?" Joshua could really do with a friendly face right now.
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2344 Posted : 01 December 2016 06:01:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"That'd be great, no lie. That would mean I could totally be a bitch next year. Kidding!" Anaísz laughs and then grabs her food as well. She noticed how huge he was compared to her but that was almost with every guy she met. She was this tiny little thing and guys would always tower over her. She looked up at him as he spoke, his name sounding familiar. "Joshua Grimmie? I think I've heard of you. Yeah, I do a little singing." She grinned at him, flattered she could get recognized. As she prepared herself to go sit and eat, he asked if she would join him. A little surprised, she couldn't turn him down. After all, he seemed like he could use a friendly ear. "Sure! Thanks."
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Online BrownSugar  
#2345 Posted : 01 December 2016 07:48:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Well I wouldn't blame ya for having more of an edge next year. This year hasn't treated us kindly so who knows what's coming our way next year!" Joshua chuckles and takes a sip of his coffee before discovering that it's not really to his taste. He prefers it to be more milky but after getting it for free, he's not going to make any complaints. Joshua can't help but find the humour in the situation, having the little Anaísz pay for his meal. The miniature lady came to save the towering 6'3 guy's day. When she says that she's heard of him, Joshua's stomach drops a little. He had some buzz surrounding him in early 2015 with his debut single and Star Factory but his name only resurfaced lately with all the drama he unintentionally caused. He prays that it's not the reason he's known to her. "I thought that you looked familiar. I do a little singing myself...working on my first album at the moment." Joshua smiles and walks over to a little table by the window so that it's more open and he doesn't seem like a creep trying to hide away with her in a secluded booth after only knowing her for five seconds. "So what type of music do you do?" Joshua asks he pulls out a chair for her. He really has a passion and deep interest for music and isn't just making small talk.
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2346 Posted : 01 December 2016 08:52:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

As he walked her to the table and pulled out her seat, she opened her sandwich up and took a sip of her coffee. "Thanks," she says for being a gentleman and pulling out her chair. "Well, I currently do mainly Pop but I haven't really found my sound yet I guess. I love all kinds of music so I would love to experiment with them all in the future. I also love Hip Hop and R&B." While she's talking, the more she thinks about his name the more she believes she's heard of him through social media. Even though she was a professional, she still loved some celebrity gossip so she was always on Twitter. However, he seemed like a decent guy despite all the hate for him and she figured it wouldn't be the best idea to bring that up right now. "Wait, don't you have a sister named...uhhh.....something with a C? Sorry, my mind is drawing a blank. I know I've heard of your last name though."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Online BrownSugar  
#2347 Posted : 01 December 2016 09:29:34(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua is very gentlemanly and overall, a rather friendly person to be around. A lot of the flack he's received lately is totally unwarranted. Quotes had been cherry-picked with an agenda and words were taken out of context. Looking at the bigger picture, Joshua was actually spreading a lot of love and positive vibes but it's 2016 and nobody cares for that. "That's cool. It's great to experiment with your art though. Very rarely do artists stick with the one thing so there's nothing wrong in being a little all over the place. I play guitar myself so a lot of my music is very acoustic-pop based and very lowkey...chilled. I don't really do "bangers" or dubstep breakdowns." Joshua pauses to take another sip from his coffee and to unwrap his sandwich. "I'll be sure to check out some of your stuff," he says, giving a little smile as he spreads out his napkin and carefully re-wraps the bottom half of the sandwich so he can pick it up without getting his hands messy. It's clear that Joshua is quite picky and particular about the way he does things. "C? No but I have a big sister called Ashley. She was on Big Brother and Star Factory. I was on that show too but my season was cancelled after like two weeks. I like to think that I wasn't part of the ratings slump..." Joshua chuckles and bites into his sandwich. It's hard to imagine that if Anaísz were to Google him at any second, she'd probably see a lot of hate for him at the moment. All tall, slightly awkward and geeky, Joshua looks like he wouldn't harm a fly and it's the truth. He's a pretty sensitive guy. He actually lives in L.A now but is bracing the New York winter just to be closer to his parents during this time as he needed to be close with family after the backlash he received earlier this week.
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2348 Posted : 01 December 2016 10:48:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Well yeah but I don't wanna be all over the place and confuse people. I wanna have that type of music where when you listen to it you're like, 'Oh, that's by Anaísz!' you know? I still can't believe I'm even really in this industry, it's surreal. I've been wanting to make music professionally forever." She takes a bite of her sandwich and listens as he talks about his sister and StarFactory. "Oh yeah, Ashley. I remember now. I actually was thinking of auditioning for that show but I never got around to it. I preferred to go directly to the source and approach a label." Anaísz was in New York for business. She was actually in the middle of recording her debut album so she had to relocate for a little. She wouldn't be here for long and was expected to be back home by Christmas and stay there until the new year. "I'll be sure to check out your stuff too. I love guitar. I can actually play it, you know. It's about the only instrument I've ever learned."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Online BrownSugar  
#2349 Posted : 01 December 2016 11:27:28(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Well I guess that is true. Although your debut record doesn't have to define you. It's an introduction and a foot in the door. You'll learn and grow from then on. Plus, your voice and lyricism play a great deal in it too. I mean people like Rihanna genre-hop all the time but you can still tell when a song's been crafted by her or for her. Don't sweat it. Have fun. Be an artist. Go create," Joshua says as encouragingly as possible before sipping on his coffee. He too is only just starting out but coming from a very musical family and dabbling in many different routes through the business, he doesn't feel like a fish out of water and has a better understanding of the industry than a lot of artists who are further into their career than he is. "I went to labels, tried the viral thing, busked, then Star Factory as a last resort. Just anything to get in, you know? Wasn't the best choice. That show is...well, you made a better decision by going directly to the source!" Joshua laughs lightly and sips on his coffee, not wanting to open that can of worms regard his view on the show. "I play guitar, cello, piano and drums. My dad can play a lot of instruments and he taught me. Guitar is the best though. So emotive." Joshua takes another bite of his sandwich, somehow managing to not get any sauce over him despite the sandwich being loaded.
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2350 Posted : 05 December 2016 04:47:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"I agree! I mean I'm just having fun with this record, probably won't be super serious or anything. But thanks for the words of wisdom." Anaísz smiled at him, genuinely thankful for someone else who loved and appreciated music as much as her. As she continued to eat her sandwich, she listened to his thoughts on StarFactory. "I feel like all talent shows are a bit of a fluke and just in it for the ratings, not to find true, actual talent. I mean some of the winners have been....meeeeeh," she giggled, "But I guess you do what you gotta do." She could tell Joshua was a very opinionated person which in the industry could be a double edged sword but she always liked people who could think for themselves and draw their own opinions rather than spew what they were fed. "So are you working on any new music now or are you all ready to wow everyone?" She smirked.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Online BrownSugar  
#2351 Posted : 05 December 2016 05:42:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"You're welcome. You know, it's nice to talk to someone who actually cares about what we do. The amount of people who are only in this for the red carpet events and the free clothing is shocking." Joshua rolls his eyes and the takes a sip of his coffee, obviously not impressed with the way many people in the industry act nowadays, especially ones around his own age. Joshua is not really one for the celebrity culture or the superficial things. He's only here for the music. "Yeah, talent shows are sketchy. They produce a few good artists but overall...no." Joshua chuckles and eats more of his sandwich, leaving very little of it left. Anaísz's thoughts are right, he is extremely opinionated and it very much is a double edged sword. He doesn't speak out in order to be controversial and soak up as much hatred as he can. Joshua actually doesn't like negative attention but he has to stay true to who he is and will not suffer in silence. He believes that if you're not going to stand up for what you believe in and help become part of the solution then you may as well be part of the problem. He smiles when asked about his music. It's been a long time coming for him. "I don't think anything is done until it's finally out there to buy. Always tweaking things but overall, the album is more or less complete. We shot the video for my new single last month. I'm not in charge of dates though so it's up to the label when they want to push ahead with releases. Really excited though! What about you?" Joshua smiles and holds onto his coffee cup to warm up his hands.
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#2352 Posted : 29 December 2016 06:50:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8573 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Cara Zayn is dressed in gym clothes, tight shorts, a tank top and a pair of Nike sneakers and with her hair tied up in a neat little bun. She finds herself wandering around downtown Los Angeles and she glances at a couple of shop windows before heading into a small diner located opposite the beach. Cara takes a seat and a waitress wanders over to take her order, "I'm just waiting for somebody first." she says with a polite smile. She takes out her phone and sends a text before relaxing back into her seat.
Offline erich hess  
#2353 Posted : 29 December 2016 07:54:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
mariko leaned her head back slightly as she walked. there was a gentle breeze and it felt great. back home in japan it was cold. VERY cold. so this was a nice change. through friends of friends of friends she had been set up to meet someone. thats about all she knew. she knew the address,the time and it was someone. mariko kidded herself that she wasnt really going to be into this date. but she did put her hair in a messy bun and had two strands of hair framing her face. she also wore her favorite dead kennedys shirt. it had been washed so many times to where it was almost paper thin. it also tended to cling favorably to her. nothing wrong with showing off the goods,right? she also went with a pair of red and black plaid pants. if this was 1985,she would have fit right in. she bounces down the street,humming a little tune when she comes up on the place. it was small and intimate. but not cramped enough to where if things got awkward,she couldnt excuse herself easily. when mariko first enters,the greeter asks how many are in her party. "um...two. but they might already be here?" she says with slight embarrassment. mariko was always prompt. you could set your watch by her promptness. today however jet lag was kicking her butt. the greeter stands aside and lets mariko look around the diner. which she stands on her tippy toes to do. her eyes fall on a woman clearly waiting for someone. "spotted her!" mariko squeaks and approaches the table. "are you waiting for someone? i think i might be that someone." she asks cara,while stooping down so cara doesnt have to look up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#2354 Posted : 29 December 2016 20:25:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Cara looked at Mariko and gave a small smile, she of course instantly recognized her, "I am waiting for somebody." she places her phone back into her bag and sits up instantly. She waits for Mariko to sit down opposite her and smiles once more, "I adore your t-shirt. I apologize for my sloppy attire today." she laughs slightly, "I usually make a better first impression." She glances briefly at the menu and looks back across at Mariko, "So are you out in LA for long?
Offline erich hess  
#2355 Posted : 29 December 2016 22:54:05(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"well..i guess Im that someone." Mariko says brightly. After Cara sits up,mariko tries to hide the surprise at just who is sitting here. She knew who Cara was,but hoped being the less famous Kobayashi sister would keep her anonymity. Mariko sits down on the chair and swings her legs back and forth. Being rather short,her feet do not touch the floor. " Oh thank you! It's my favorite shirt ever. And you?" Mariko waves her hand dismissively," you look even more amazing than you do on TV" mariko grins,letting cars know she recognizes her. And it was true. Dressed down Cara was beautiful. Mariko picks up the small container of artificial sweeteners and starts playing with the packets before looking up at Cara. " It depends on how well this date goes. Maybe 5 minutes. Maybe a few hours. You?" Mariko asks inquisitively. Most everyone in this business seemed to live in New York or LA.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#2356 Posted : 29 December 2016 23:21:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Cara was fully aware of whom Mariko was, she instantly recognized her. They had often sort of ran in the same circles but have never actually spent time interacting with one another. Cara shakes her head slightly, giving out a small laugh, "Oh, you should have seen me around forty minutes ago, panting and sweating. Not a pretty sight at all." Cara listened to her, she still found it weird that people recognized her as she often and originally planned to be an unknown face in the industry, working behind the scenes. But with the launch of the TV show and several high-profile magazine interviews she was very much a celebrity, whether she liked it or not.

She looked across at Mariko and giggled, "Oh, so no pressure then." she says with a smile, "Hopefully you stick around a little more than five minutes, I would enjoy that." she smiles warmly. She brushes a couple of strands of hair out of her eyes and thinks for a second, "I'll be here for another day or so, then off to New York for work." she shakes her head frustratingly, "Always back and forth. If only the entire business was confined to one city." she laughs a little bit as she imagines a city like that, "It would be such a fucking riot."
Offline erich hess  
#2357 Posted : 30 December 2016 01:14:27(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko slowly smiles when it's clear Cara does know who she is. The woman isn't running away. So that's a good sign. " I dunno. You probably still look great when panting and sweating." Mariko muses. She instantly hears how dirty what she said sounds. She blushes a deep red and pipes up. " Not like that!" She giggles loudly. while probably true,mariko was thinking more like a TV fitness instructor who always looks like zero effort is being exerted.

Mariko smiles widely when Cara mentions wanting her to stay. " Maybe a teeeeny bit of pressure. It's like a 12 hour flight here. " Mariko places her foot briefly on top of Cara's playfully. "That city would be chaos. Like a real life cartoon. But think of your show! It would be like you're a war correspondent reporting from the trenches." Mariko laughs,picturing a city filled with wacky cartoon sound effects.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2358 Posted : 30 December 2016 01:37:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Cara laughs at Mariko's comment, "Well, I certainly hope so." she orders a glass of water and a cheeseburger, "As you can see, I like to keep it classy." she she glances across at Mariko and smiles.

Cara looks a bit surprised for a brief second, "Jesus, that is a whole lot more pressure than I had imagined. It's tough to compete with jet-lag." she smiles warmly as Mariko places her foot on top of Cara's. "Oh my god, it would be awful and incredible at the very same time." she continues to think about such a city, "It would definitely help ratings. Imagine the kind of drama that would go on every second? It'd be like a permanent Big Brother house."
Offline erich hess  
#2359 Posted : 30 December 2016 02:11:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

When the waiter asks for mariko's order,she sits up a little straighter and rattles off an order for a cherry coke (extra maraschino cherries) and chicken fingers. She did want the wings,but there is no way to eat chicken wings and look sexy. Unless Cara had a fetish for seeing someone with buffalo sauce all over their face.which mariko seriously doubted.

"I know,right? At least you don't have to compete with the guy from pop culture catch up. I think he has the hots for you." Mariko gently teases. She liked Chris and was really warming up to Cara. It was nice having someone to talk to. Mariko tries and fails to not loudly laugh at the big brother comment. " Good Lord. We'd have people fucking and nearly dying all the time.....Wait. this date isn't a play to get me to dish the dirt on big brother 4 is it?" Mariko jokes and waves a sweet and low packet menacingly.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2360 Posted : 30 December 2016 02:21:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Cara giggled at the comment about Chris, "I think there's some serious resentment from him. I think he feels like I took away some of his shine with my tv show." she laughs again, "But no, we're really good friends. He's like a little brother to me.". Cara enjoyed the ease at which she could chat with Mariko so instantly. In her position within the industry it's always proven difficult to figure out which people were genuine and which people were just being friendly to get ahead.

She nods her head in agreement, "Wouldn't it be the best." she says with a devilish smile before continuing. "How do you think I get my information? My show doesn't write itself." she whispers playfully, "But seriously, what was it like in that place?" she thinks for a moment, "I've always liked the idea of experiencing that environment." she laughs, "I don't imagine I'd manage to last very long though. Seems like such a mind-fuck."