logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 24 December 2016 08:25:53(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Track: Some Girls ft. Aikya Balan
Artist: Allison Cooper
Genre: Electropop
Label: Independent
Written by: Aikya Balan
Produced by: FancyN, inZane
Length: 3:23

Some Girls is a song recorded by American actress and singer Allison Cooper with featuring vocals from Indian-American singer Aikya Balan. The song serves as the lead single from the singer's debut album, seeking to impact radio on December 25th, 2016 independently. Written solely by Aikya Balan, the production is handled by FancyN and inZane. Released December 23rd, 2016 for digital download, Some Girls is an midtempo track that can be described as Electropop. Lyrically the song is about being in a manipulative relationship.

In early October 2016, Aikya Balan wrote Some Girls in a recording session for her own album. Initially the song was written with an Allison Cooper feature in mind but ultimately it was given to her and featured guest vocals from Aikya. The lyrics were written about an abusive ex Balan had endured in the past, an extremely person track. The decision to give it up came down to the sound. It is said that Aikya has been working on an album with Electronic Funk and while she isn't keeping the album restricted to the genre, Some Girls just notably stood out. It didn't help that when it comes to the vocals of the track, Aikya is doing her signature whispers, something of an identity that she seems to be evolving from in this new era of hers. It was easy for Allison to take on as the lead singer for the song, seeing how she is a woman who can easily relate to the troubled lyrics.

Some Girls is an midtempo track that incorporates elements of Alternative Pop and has a length of three minutes and twenty three seconds. The Guardian characterised the song as an "Electropop" track containing a "fidgety" beat full of quickening strings and drum beats. Rap-Up magazine praised inZane and FancyN for the moody production, while criticizing the vocals. "It's clear that the song was written by Aikya Balan as it's written in her range, which doesn't entirely flatter Allison." They wrote. The Guardian expanded on the narrative saying, "When Allison attempts to whisper the verses in her breathy falsetto, it sounds as if she's shrieking. Oddly it works for the song, making the lyrics that much more unsettling."

Allison Cooper
Aikya Balan

If there's a problem, don't make it worst
Say it's all my fault, still don't know why you're hurt
You hit that stare knowing your eyes burn
Some girls want a man that can make anything work

If you want to leave, you should do just that
Why say I'm not enough and make me feel bad?
You always stay but never take it back
Some girls want a man that's a man of their word

Some girls want a man that can get what he wants
But those girls
The world is his, don't care what anybody wants
Won't get a turn
'Cause that man wants me
A girl he can toy with as he pleases

If you want to talk, then you should say so
Don't pry into my mind and say I'm thinking wrong
Since I've had you in my thoughts, I can't think alone

Some girls want a man that can take control

Some girls want a man that can get what he pleases
But those girls
Pull a few strings and the world falls at his feet
Won't get a turn
'Cause I'm what that man wants
A girl with a mind that's easy to haunt

Some girls dream to live where the grass is green
Those girls will never have to hate the very love they breathe
They're of a hopeful breed
And where there's a heart able to believe, you can never be

Some girls think a man like you is a man they'll love
But those girls
They usually settle for a man that can love
Never get a turn
That man will always have me
A girl with a mind that's easy to sink

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 24/12/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 24/12/2016(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 24/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 24/12/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/12/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/12/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 25 December 2016 13:09:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: You know I'm all here for you releasing music once every harvest moon but I'm even more impressed that it's always some quality music. And don't think I didn't purchase the hell out of I Fell For A Bad Girl. Can't wait for each of your albums!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 25/12/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 10 September 2017 23:25:26(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

Edited by user 10 September 2017 23:29:36(UTC)  | Reason: I posted the song in the wrong place, ignore!