logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2017 07:30:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Released - July 21st, 2017
Recorded - March 2015 - May 2017
Genre - Pop, Dance
Length - 52:48
Label - FivePeskyKids
Producer - Eris Montoya [Executive Producer], Dreamlab, Nick Monson, Freedo, David Stewart, Max Martin, Allen George & Fred McFarlane, Sara Hollywood, Dylan Shaw, Christopher Hudson

UserPostedImage

Head In The Clouds is the debut studio album from Pop singer Eilidh. It will be released on July 21st, 2017 through FivePeskyKids. Prior to releasing the album, Eilidh was featured on multiple tracks featuring big names such as Isabel, Kourtney, and Austin Nimmo. After the success of those songs, fans often wondered if the young, bubbly singer would release her own music. As time went on, Eilidh would announce she was in fact releasing an album in 2017 during the summer. While she may have gotten the release dates mixed up, previously tweeting the album would be released in May instead of July, her fanbase was waiting every step of the way for her debut effort. The first track she was feature on was with Kourntey Steele in "In My Head" which managed to debut in the top 5 on Airplay and Digital charts. The single has sold over 2 million units to date as well. After that, Eilidh was asked to collaborate with Isabel on her album, "All Eyes On Me" on the track "Muse" which was nominated for several awards at the 5th annual Fan Choice Awards. Following that, Eilidh teamed up with Pop superstar Austin Nimmo for "City That Never Sleeps" which managed to be Eilidh's first number one collaboration. It would be in 2015 when she would release her own solo effort in "Cupid's Aim." The track would go on to be one of the most streamed tracks on Spotify and would be debuted at the Chaos Awards in her very first live performance. Critics praised the singer's vocals and ability to sing live which has become increasingly rare over the years in the industry.

Although the singer took time away from the industry to take care of her two children, Roo and Rocco Ward, she would return in 2016 to drop her first single from her debut album. There were teasers set up on her official website until the song was dropped in March. "What You Mean" would reach number one and become her very first number one as a solo artist. Eilidh would also release two more singles in "Before Your Body" and "Sweetest of Dreams Feat. Deneil" which would also debut at number one, giving her a total of three number ones from her debut album. Executive Producer Eris Montoya describes the album as a "Mixture of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and Ariana Grande's My Everything, although with lesser R&B influence." The album has a very Pop feel to it with some Electronic and House influences but for the most part it is a Pop album. Lyrically, the album features songs about self-love, empowerment, love, and acceptance. While sonme of the songs seem very serious, there are quite a few that are full of fun and bubbly nature that Eilidh is known for. She shows us different sides to her all the while keeping her integrity.

Eilidh teamed up with some of the best of the best in terms of songwriters and producers including; Christopher Hudson who has made a name for himself creating some of the industry's top hits over the last few years, Max Martin, Dylan Shaw, who had a hit EP and is currently writing a lot for other artists, as well as Sunny Monroe who has also made a name for herself writing some of the biggest hits out today, Eris Montoya, Sara Hollywood, Dreamlab, Nick Monson, Freedo, David Stewart, and more. While Eilidh doesn't take any songwriting credits on the album, it doesn't stop the songs from being and less hers as she uses her voice to make each song her own.

Eilidh started initial recording of the album in 2015 after she had already recorded Cupid's Aim. The idea for the album was for her to have her very own "Teenage Dream" type album but in her own way. The album serves as a small introduction into the girl we only know from social media. Critics have said the album makes a point of reinforcing the idea that Eilidh is no longer simply known as "Oscar Ward's girl" but instead she is her own person, her own artist, and her own brand (which she touches on in "Before Your Body"). The album does a good job of her being able to touch on different subjects as well as showing her views on her fame and everything around her. While Eilidh gives us that innocent, bubbly image we're used to, she's not afraid to show us a softer, sexier, and more determined side of her, especially in songs like "Permission", "What You Mean", "Cupid's Aim", "No Boys Allowed", and "Sweetest of Dreams".

There are currently two versions of the album; the standard version which features 12 songs and the Deluxe edition which features 2 bonus tracks plus "Cupid's Aim" which can only be downloaded from the iTunes version of the album.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Head In The Clouds 3:22
Produced By: Peter Lee Johnson, Victoria McCants & Thomas Brown, Eris Montoya, Sara Hollywood Written By: Victoria McCants & Thomas Brown

What You Mean 3:21
Produced By: Eris Montoya Written By: Kelly Vega, Eris Montoya

Sweetest of Dreams (Feat. Deneil) 3:42
Produced By: Dreamlab, Nick Monson Written By: Nick Monson, Hector Delgado, Deneil Khan

No Boys Allowed (Feat. Aliya Rose) 3:21
Produced By: Freedo Written By: Aliya Rose, Kelly Vega

Before Your Body 4:07
Produced By: Eris Montoya Written By: Kelly Vega, Eris Montoya, Dylan Shaw

Brand New 3:37
Produced By: David Stewart, Eris Montoya Written By: David Stewart

First Time 3:48
Produced By: Benjamin Levin, Max Martin, Eris Montoya Written By: Sunny Monroe, Benjamin Levin, Max Martin, Kelly Vega

Xo 2:46
Produced By: Alex Seever, Logan Light Written By: Alex Seever, Logan Light

Fragile (Feat. Kato) 3:44
Produced By: Ari Leff, Jackson Foote & Emma Block, Katriel Comyns Written By: Katriel Comyns

Permission 3:42
Produced By: Max Martin, Eris Montoya Written By: Eris Montoya, Kelly Vega, Max Martin, Tori Endres, Adam Baptiste & Camela Leierth

Reassurance (Feat. Johnny Carter) 3:00
Produced By: Allen George & Fred McFarlane Written By: Allen George & Fred McFarlane, Johnny Carter

See What I See 4:26
Produced By: David Stewart Written By: Dylan Shaw Sara Hollywood, David Stewart

Take Me There 3:30 *
Produced By X&Y (Xander van der Meer and Yahya Amer) Written By: Kelly Vega, X&Y

Do You See Me Now? 3:20 *
Produced By: Eris Montoya, Dylan Shaw Written By: Dylan Shaw, Sunny Monroe

Cupid's Aim 3:02 **
Produced By: Sara Hollywood, Eris Montoya Written By: Christopher Hudson

UserPostedImage

* - Denotes Bonus tracks
** - Denotes iTunes exclusive bonus track

Edited by user 24 July 2017 12:41:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 11 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 05/07/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 05/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 05/07/2017(UTC), kandii on 06/07/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 06/07/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 21/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/07/2017(UTC), mebeme101 on 26/07/2017(UTC), 2001clay on 10/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2017 14:48:20(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:22
Genre: Pop, R&B
Format: Digital Download
Label: Five Pesky Kids
Written By: Victoria McCants & Thomas Brown
Produced By: Peter Lee Johnson, Victoria McCants & Thomas Brown, Eris Montoya, Sara Hollywood

"Head In The Clouds" opens the album with its dreamy-like production. It's the perfect way to set the tone of the album, although it will more than likely change as the songs go by. Eilidh's velvety smooth vocals assist the 50's inspired production, as she sings the first verse. It isn't until the chorus do the romantic violins and dainty strings start to kick in and give the song the tone it's looking for. It's sound and lyrics go hand in hand, as Eilidh sings about having her head stuck in the clouds and being in a happy state in her life. Whether it's an ode to Oscar or even her music career, one thing is for sure; Eilidh never wants to come down. During the outro of the song, the production is dimmed down to finger snaps and harm strings, as Eilidh sings nearly acapella, her soothing vocals searching for the right words to describe her state of euphoria.

They say, "Your dreams are unreachable, you're setting yourself up to fall"
But they don't know I have the best motivation of all
As I look, in your eyes, all my fears start to disappear
No confusion or illusions, my path becomes crystal clear

If this is what it feels like
To be a daydreamer
I don't ever wanna come down
I'll just stay here
With my head in the clouds
Clo-o-o-o-ouds
Clo-o-o-ouds

I've never been a planner, never thought out a thing in my life
But with you everything seems to have fallen in place, right on time
Call it love, call it lust, call it whatever you'd like
I'll just call you by your name, if you ever start to forget mine

If this is what it feels like
To be a daydreamer
I don't ever wanna come down
I'll just stay here
With my head in the clouds
Clo-o-o-o-ouds
Clo-o-o-ouds

I know I'll never know perfection
Not like this again
Mhhhm, got my head in the clouds

I can't explain it
No words do it justice
It sits in between euphoria
And pure bliss
It's everything
That I've ever wanted
I swear I'll never let go
I'll fight for it hard
To keep my head in the clouds

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 21/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2017(UTC), kandii on 24/07/2017(UTC), mebeme101 on 26/07/2017(UTC), squaregatescrub on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 21 July 2017 14:49:32(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Length: 3:20
Genre: Pop, Dance
Written By: Kelly Vega, Eris Montoya
Produced By: Eris Montoya

"What You Mean" is the official debut single from Eilidh from her upcoming debut album which is set to be released this year. After being signed to Five Pesky Kids, Eilidh performed "Cupid's Aim" at the Fan Choice Awards last year, even though the song was never announced as a single or officially released as one. Instead, it was allowed to be streamed through various streaming devices. It wasn't until early March, Eilidh announced via social media that she had been working on new music and would be releasing her first album and single soon. While Eilidh is more known for her gracing television screens everywhere due to her Celebrity Big Brother stint and being the fiancée of Weekend member Oscar Ward, she had always dabbled in music, being featured on hit songs with Kourtney, Isabel, and even Austin Nimmo. While no plans to go solo were ever revealed, the singer was met with high demand on releasing her own material. In an interview with Culture Uncut, Eilidh described the song as being very upbeat and fun, and having a little bit of 90's influence. She also said the album was almost finished and she's excited of finally getting to make more music. The single was written by Kelly Vega, and Eris Montoya with production from Eris Montoya.

Starting off with Eilidh's innocent giggle, we are introduced to the 90's inspired dance beat with a couple of finger snaps and Eilidh whispering "I just want you to say what you mean" before going into the upbeat tempo. Eilidh enters with a bang, starting off with her powerhouse vocals as she glides through the first verse with ease. There's a lot of sass to her singing, giving the song an extra life to it and not just her singing the song. When the pre-chorus comes up, Eilidh stretches out the first few syllables with a small vocal scale as she sings it with ease. Towards the end, her voice snaps back to the innocent and delicate tone that she is known for giving. In the chorus, the thumping beat continues on. The great thing about the beat is it's really infectious and great for dancing to, it has a big feeling to it which is probably perfect for someone with such impressive vocal abilities. The chorus also features some pan-fluting. The second verse doesn't differentiate much from the first one. Of course, the sweet topping to such a delicious track is the bridge, in which we get the typical pop dramatic climax to the song, which proves to not be just for nothing. Eilidh takes charge with her continuing demand for attention as she belts out the last few lines of the bridge. All in all, it's a great (re) introduction to Pop's latest addition and serves a very much adult feel to it. The ad-libs are also to die for. Generally, ad-libs are added on in order to make the singer look better. Eilidh didn't really need the extra ad-libs but the song wouldn't be quite complete without them now. She continues to show her impressive range for someone so tiny and petite. The lyrics aren't short of sass either as the singer demands to know the true intentions of the other person, wanting them to say what they really mean instead of beating around the bush.

Ooh, ooh
I just want you to say what you mean

It’s always nice to know exactly how you feel
But you keep holding back, so tell me what’s the deal?
We’re at an intersection and I’m about to go
If you really want me to stay, you better let me know

You love, always taking me for granted
Now you, got a little too comfortable
So glad, you’re starting to feel the panic
Because I love to keep you on your toes
Ain’t nothing ever promised

Don’t just start saying it, I need you to mean what you say
I don’t need your sweet nothings
All I want is you to love me

Hey, hee-ey

I’ll never be the type for a quick satisfaction
I’m such a visual lover, and baby I need some action
Why’s it so hard for you to tell me your true thoughts?
Maybe it’s because you don’t really feel what I want

You love, always taking me for granted
Now you, got a little too comfortable
So glad, you’re starting to feel the panic
Because I love to keep you on your toes
Ain’t nothing ever promised

(x2)

You know I’m running out of patience
And you know you’re running out of chances
I never wanted something so simple
But you’re making this way complicated
Ooh
Ohh, just mean it!

(x2)

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 21/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2017(UTC), kandii on 24/07/2017(UTC), mebeme101 on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 21 July 2017 14:50:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Length: 3:41
Genre: Pop, Electro-R&B
Written By: Nick Monson, Hector Delgado
Produced By: Nick Monson, Dreamlab

"Sweetest of Dreams" serves as the third single from Eilidh's debut album due this Spring. It features Deneil Khan, who has made shocks and waves throughout the hip hop and pop culture community. While this year has been undoubtedly one of the most controversial in music, Eilidh finds herself focusing on securing herself as one of Pop music's brightest new stars. The pop, electro-R&B track, which was produced by Nick Monson, Dreamlab, and Hector Delgado, stands out if you've been paying attention to her recent string of singles. Previously, the singer seemed to be fond of tracks with a 90's twist but this one sounds much more recent and modern as an R&B slow jam.

After two hit singles, the anticipation was high to see what more Eilidh could deliver, so, "Sweetest of Dreams" was released on March 6th, 2017. The track was written and recorded with just Eilidh's vocals last year but her label decided it should feature someone else and Deneil was perfect for that slot. It has elements of hip hop that gives it a mellow, low key, snap-drop beat. It has minor sound bursts, percussion instrumentation, drum machines, and Eilidh's breathy and seductive vocals asking if he dreams of her, seemingly at any time throughout the day. Deneil adds to the equation by giving a verse filled with innuendos, and alluring lyrics that give the listener a steamy experience from start to finish. The song shows Eilidh's more sexy side which is something the public isn't used to. "This track is a great representation of how her album will be," says Nick Monson. "It will show Eilidh being the woman that many people forget she is. She's always being labeled as a naive child but this album will quickly refute that. Each song will show her artistry and her creativity."

It was also revealed on Twitter after a still leaked, that a music video has been shot for the single.

Said you’ve been awake all night and just can’t fall asleep
Could the reason be because of me?
Are you still thinking about that moment our eyes met?
Cus I am, I am

I don’t even know your name but the feeling remains the same
I just want to stay locked in your brain

At the risk of sounding cocky
I hope you dream about me
And I hope they are the sweetest of dreams
I hope it hurts to open your eyes and have to tell me goodbye
Just as long as I’m on your mind, on your mind
On your mind, oh oh

Even when you’re stuck in traffic
Start daydreamin’ cus you gotta have it
I hope that I’m the first thought in your head
Hope you can’t contain it and you have to try to tame it
Just breathe, baby just breathe

I don’t even know your name but the feeling remains the same
I just want to stay locked in your brain

On your mind, oh oh
And I hope, I hope
And I hope, I hope
They are the sweetest of dreams, mhm

Ooh I hope you dream of me
Pray that I’m your ecstasy
Dream of me the sweetest dreams, the sweetest dreams

Yeah, the sweetest dreams under the coldest sheets
Nothing but my thoughts through the night are there for me
I'm bare, on the edge, reaching to touch the fruits of my fantasy
If I keep going, I'll end up like you, just be too blind to see
Probably just a flicker in your eye as you glide across the floor
Mandem glued to that waist, bet all the wastemen are knocking at your door
Can't you see that you're the only one I come for?
The only girl I want backstage right after my encore
In my mind it's all sweet and French kisses, mwah
Voulez-vous monter avec moi?
Quand on roule, on jette un œil sur les rétroviseurs
Par hantise de voir les plaques de Mr. Officer
Called a smooth criminal, my ride's a real lady killer
On the edge of your seat kinda epic like MJ'S Thriller
Always serving it up real good, I'm the Count, you're my dinner
Wanna steal your heart just like an old school villain
Like armed robbery, man sliding down from that ceiling
Get you good, this weapon always posing a threat
When we've waited this long, no holding back, no need for code red
Breaking the law kind of madness, handcuff you up to the bed
Lay out all our cards, strip search from the toes up to the head
Dawn breaks, Mr Sunshine streaming right into my eyes
Empty bed, burst of panic and then I go and realise
Was only another sweet, sweet dream and I've woke up from paradise

On your mind, oh oh
And I hope, I hope
They are the sweetest of dreams, mhm

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 21/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 21/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2017(UTC), kandii on 24/07/2017(UTC), mebeme101 on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 21 July 2017 14:52:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:22
Genre: Pop, Electronic
Written By: Aliya Rose, Kelly Vega
Produced By: Freedo

"No Boys Allowed" is a fun, upbeat pop song with electronic influence. The songs features Aliya Rose who adds in a bit of mischief and wonder to the lyrics, which focus mainly on having a fun, girl's night with no boys at all. The lyrics also allude to possibly being a little sexual but it can go either way (pun intended). Eilidh starts off things as her bubbly vocals cruise through the verses easily. During the chorus, production picks up and you can hear the inclusion of piano and guitar, as well as some handclaps, which make for a care-free track. Aliya jumps in with her verse as she sings about Eilidh being her girl crush, and enjoying her company, then Eilidh comes through with the pre-chorus which pokes fun at how their girl's night could be portrayed but it doesn't seem to bother her. The two join together to sing the chorus, Eilidh's voice a little bit more overpowering and distinct than Aliya's but seemingly compliments one another. It's got simple yet fun production that really captures the silliness and harmlessness of the track.

When I need some time to go unwind
Only wanna spend it with my kind
Need a touch of femininity
Only touch right now that's right for me

They're my favorite kind of pick-me-up
Without them here it's just no fun
Only touch allowed to my body

If I can have just one day a week to make it last
That's all I ask
That's all I want from you

The world's a mess but I know the ones that know me best
No second guess
Time to call em' up

Call it a crush, It's just better without the fuss
But keep it hush, don't let our secrets out
Ohh, No boys can't touch
I keep on saying, no boys can touch
So boy give it up
(Give it up)

Secrets and smiles
Our clothes in piles
No telling what we'll do
Oh, how your mind wanders
Loud laughs, wet eyes
Keep the men outside
Just for an hour, or day, or two

Tonight there ain't no boys allowed
Cause life's a little better without
Need a little room to breathe (x2)

Cause life's a little better without
Need a little room to breathe (x2)

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 21 July 2017 14:53:20(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Length: 4:07
Genre: Electronic, Dance
Written By: Kelly Vega, Eris Montoya, Dylan Shaw
Produced By: Eris Montoya

"Before Your Body" is the second single by Pop singer Eilidh. Once again she turned to Eris Montoya for production and songwriting along with Kelly Vega, and singer/songwriter, Dylan Shaw. After the huge success of her previous single, "What You Mean," the singer catapulted into new territory in terms of popularity and recognition. While the songs have some of the same elements, they are virtually different. Both have the same 90's inspired sound template but this single features a more Electronic vibe, giving it its spark. The whole song has a warmth to it and Eilidh's vocals softly caress the beat. One word to describe the track would be sensual except for the fact the lyrics are self-empowering. The cleverly titled, "Before Your Body," pays tribute to the idea of being more than who you date or fall in love with. It gives reassurance to listeners that they were and still are their own person. It may seem a bit ironic for a pop singer to sing about ones self-identity in an industry filled with clones but you can hear and feel the sincerity coming from Eilidh's voice.

The song is definitely a great club banger and perfect to celebrate the summer with. What she lacks in mental capacity, she more than makes up with vocal talent. From beginning to end, there's an optimistic energy surrounding the track as Eilidh's light vocals boom across the listener's ears. What really stands out are the lyrics. They have just the right amount of poetry and the right amount of Eilidh in them, meaning they never sound like lyrics you couldn't picture Eilidh singing. As she effortlessly hits all the right notes in all the right places, the song is shaping up to be another instant classic for the newcomer. The simple production also stands out with its nostalgic feel thrown out to the audience. The song can be compared to that of Katy Perry with its deliciously filled pop sound. As stated before, the lyrics touch on reclaiming one's identity and simply stating she is her own individual person.

There you go again assuming that I need you
I hate to break it to you babe
I can’t wait until the day you finally realize
That I can handle what you bring

You think you’re my all when it comes to you
But I can pretend you don’t exist
You’re not my beginning and this is where we end
You’re not worth the time that I’ve spent
This is the end

So let me, me remind you
I was somebody, before your body
Was ever even in the picture
It was so sunny, you were my cloudy
I was just fine, yeah,
Before you were ever in the picture

There was light behind these eyes before your darkness
There was no fire in your flame
I can't believe you'd ever think about mistreatin'
The only one who's kept you sa-a-ane!
I'm the only one who kept you sa-a-ane!

So let me, me remind you
I was just fine, yeah,

I won't give you all the praise now
You can't even take all of the blame
Every little thing that gets lost can be found
A rainbow can never shine without the rain
You’re not worth the time that I’ve spent
This is the end

So let me, me remind you
I was somebody, before you baby
So let me, me remind you

So let me, me remind you
I was just fine, yeah,

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 21 July 2017 14:54:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:37
Genre: Pop, Dance
Written By: David Stewart
Produced By: David Stewart, Eris Montoya

"Brand New" is another midtempo Dance track, that plays with breezy, sweeping melodies and pronounced, plucking percussion for a summery dance hall-influenced groove led by Eilidh's vocals. She focuses on her lower register on this track, as she proclaims, "Can't understand (ooh, ooh)/Why you're acting so brand new/Can't understand (ooh, ooh)." Eilidh looks to appreciate the good guys in a world filled with bad boy loving women or men. Her vocals here are pretty consistent with no huge moments, but overall the track is very fun and easy to listen to. Lyrically, the song talks about Eilidh's lover not acting the way she is used to, being a gentleman, and instead trying to take on a bad boy persona, which she isn't a big fan of, as she croons, "I used to think that I wanted a bad boy in the running/But I would much rather have you/Save the smoke, save the fire, don't need another liar/I'd much rather have the truth."

Can't understand (ooh, ooh)
Why you're acting so brand new
Why you can't feel the way I do

I used to think that I wanted a bad boy in the running
But I would much rather have you
Save the smoke, save the fire, don't need another liar
I'd much rather have the truth
I love it when you open doors for me
(I love it, I love it)
When you're acting so damn free
(I love it, I love it)
When you hands collide with mine
(I love it, I love it)
When you like to stay the night
(I love it, I love it)
So I can't

You know I love to touch
You know I love to feel
You know I know it's real
But you keep on acting like I don't
Don't understand (ooh, ooh)

You're always looking so complacent, not a care in the world
Maybe I care too much for you, yeah, yeah
In with the old, out with the new, that's what I want you to do
I hope you learn your lesson soon
I love it when you open doors for me
(I love it, I love it)
When you're acting so damn free
(I love it, I love it)
When you hands collide with mine
(I love it, I love it)
When you like to stay the night
(I love it, I love it)
So I can't

You know I love to touch
You know I love to feel
But you keep on acting like I don't

Ooh, la la la la, la la la la
I love it, I love it
I love it, I love it
I love it, I love it
I love it, I love it
But I can't understand

Why you're acting so brand new (Why you're acting so brand new, so brand new)
Why you can't feel the way I do (Way I do)
You know I love to touch
You know I love to feel
But you keep on acting like I don't (Like I don't, Like I don't)

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 21 July 2017 15:09:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:48
Genre: Pop
Written By: Sunny Monroe, Benjamin Levin, Max Martin, Kelly Vega
Produced By: Benjamin Levin, Max Martin, Eris Montoya

"First Time" is a midtempo love song with a retro sound. It also has influences of power pop and electropop. The song has a very distinct sound which is mainly led by guitar, playing the same few notes over and over throughout the track. The strong beat allows the emotion of the lyrics to come through and allows Eilidh to really show her capability as a singer. The song is essentially like a rollercoaster, as Eilidh's vocals, and the production start off going uphill and preparing for the epic emotion that is about to happen. She starts off with a soft tone, as Eilidh talks about the differences between her and her lover. In the background, tiny distorted chimes are added in while Eilidh moves on to the pre-chorus of the song, where she wants to feel different emotions in her life. When the chorus kicks in, so does the dominant electric guitar and it's distorted synths. Eilidh also uses a subtle nod to Serenity Scott's hit single, 'Treasure' in her lyrics as she refers to her lover as "A piece of history, my own treasure."

The song continues with the same pattern of production throughout the song, each time Eilidh getting closer and closer to the climax of the song, the Bridge, in which she belts out the final note and the song erupts into a final euphoric moment as all the elements collide together and give a wonderful experience to the listener. Lyrically, the song talks about her 'First Time' which can be interpreted in different ways, but for the sake of this song we'll go with her first time falling in love. She promises to cherish her first time even when years start to stack up. In the second verse, there is also a noticeable shift in how she chooses to talk about her lover, as if to point out all his strengths and denounce her flaws, while in the first verse she pointed out her flaws and focused on his strengths.

I'm in the shallow end and you're always in the deep
You dislike hesitation but I've lived so cautiously
You're always torn apart but build me when I'm the same, the same

You've got the answers when I've only got questions
About the feelings that I've never experienced
But something tells me we're only just beginning, its not the end

And I wanna feel in love
And I wanna feel your touch
And I wanna feel the sparks in your eyes
And I wanna feel insane
And I wanna feel untamed
And I wanna feel the rush of the things to come

So maybe for the first time
I can truly say I'm alive
I can fall with my eyes closed
'Cause you'll catch me this much I know, I know

When you speak I feel shivers
A piece of history, my own treasure
I don't have to worry about a thing

I think you're perfect, could never do any wrong
You hate your reflection, but I think it's beautiful
Won't try to fix you when I love the way you are
My brightest star

And I wanna feel in love
And I wanna feel your touch
And I wanna feel the sparks in your eyes
And I wanna feel insane
And I wanna feel untamed
And I wanna feel the rush of the things to come

So maybe for the first time
I can truly say I'm alive

I'll always cherish my very first time, when I looked in your eyes
I knew you were the one
Even when the days go by, I'll cherish our first time
When we knew we were each other's one

(So maybe) So maybe for the first time
I can truly say I'm alive (I can truly say)
'Cause you'll catch me this much I know, I know ( I know!)

I'll always cherish my very first time, when I looked in your eyes
I knew you were the one
Even when the days go by, I'll cherish our first time
When we knew we were each other's one

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 21 July 2017 15:13:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 2:46
Genre: EDM
Written By: Alex Seever, Logan Light
Produced By: Alex Seever, Logan Light

"Xo" is an progressive house track that is written in the style of a letter as the lyrics might suggest. In the song, Eilidh's bright and summery vocals are a standout as she sings about being a secret admirer to someone. She describes him as "Blue jeans with a black t-shirt/Bright white smile, and a head full of curls/Walkin' around with the world at your feet" in which might point to her fiance, Oscar who is known for his curls. Eilidh's warm vocals sound comfortable on the track and suits her personality very well. If there were ever a song that could be described as Eilidh, this might be it. While it may not be as emotional and thought provoking as other songs, it makes for another fun, album track and delivers a fun way of storytelling.

To whom it may concern, I've got something to say
I've been waiting for a while to confess
That I've been feeling some type of way
Every since I saw you on Sunset

I hope I don't sound like a fool
And I hope that this gets to you
I don't mind the time or place
But I just need to see your face

Blue jeans with a black t-shirt
Bright white smile, and a head full of curls
Walkin' around with the world at your feet
I just pray you remember me
You can find me where dreams are found
I love my secrets quiet but my love out loud
Walkin' around with the world at my feet
I just pray you remember me

We don't know if tomorrow will ever come
And we don't know what we got till it's gone
The more I hesitate, the more I lose time
That I can't be right by your side

I hope I don't sound like a fool
And I hope that this gets to you
I don't mind the time or place
But I just need to see your face

I can't wait to see your face
Xo, Xo, Xo, Xo
Xo, Xo, Xo, Xo
Xo, Xo, Xo, Xo

Xo, Xo, Xo, Xo
Xo, Xo, Xo, Xo
Xo, Xo, Xo, Xo

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 21 July 2017 15:20:32(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:44
Written By: Katriel Comyns
Produced By: Ari Leff, Jackson Foote & Emma Block, Katriel Comyns

"Fragile" is the third collaboration on the album which features Kato. It's an EDM song which features piano and lots of synths playing over the beat. The collaboration was teased last year and we finally get to hear the hard work. The track is a nod to how innocent Eilidh is always portrayed. She picks apart how she is also seen as 'Fragile' and not being able to handle herself, in relation to love. Surprisingly, Eilidh and Kato's voices fit together very smoothly, without overpowering one another. Kato comes in on the second verse, giving a nice performance with his recognizable tone. Eilidh assists him with some background vocals and the two then come together to sing the chorus. Towards the ending of the song, they sing back and forth, as Eilidh belts out a note with Kato singing around her. It's another nice, summery love song that fits perfectly on her debut album.

Help me when my back's against the wall
And I can't move
Hold me down when I start to lose control
When I don't know what to do

They say when you love someone, you'd do anything
Without question, or any regrets
I just want someone to want me as much
As I would want someone

I've been told that I'm too fragile
That I need a little extra care
I've been told that I'm a little too fragile
Affections are stronger than they appear, ohh

Think of me when you start to feel lonely
Even when you're surrounded
Tell me all your hopes and your dreams
And I'll help you find them

They say when you love someone, you'd do anything
As I would want someone

That I need a little extra care
Affections are stronger than they appear, ohh

They say when you love someone
Like I want someone, like you

That I need a little extra care (Care!)
Affections are stronger than they appear (They appear!)

I've been told I'm a little too fragile
I just need extra care

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 21 July 2017 15:27:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:42
Genre: Deep House
Written By: Eris Montoya, Kelly Vega, Max Martin, Tori Endres, Adam Baptiste & Camela Leierth
Produced By: Max Martin, Eris Montoya

"Permission" is a deep house song that has strong influences of 90's and eurodance music, which seem to fit Eilidh's dynamic voice perfectly. The song can be described as a sort of empowerment anthem, as Eilidh sings about not needing anyone's permission to do what she wants, saying, "I'll take into consideration (Where you stand)/But I won't place all my decisions (In your hands)/Lucky for you I know how to be bad by myself/So I don't need your help". The production is very upbeat and catchy, with a gospel choir in the background for background vocals. Eilidh's huge diva vocals really give her a nice edge from the soft and safe vocals she has portrayed so far. It's really the last few moments which really drive the song home, as Eilidh is giving everything she has in her tiny frame to deliver big, powerhouse vocals, mixed with the gospel choir assisting her, and the slamming of the house beat, all coming together to make an unforgettable track.

Sometimes I wonder what you think of me
Then I remember that I don't need your approval
You're tellin' me I should speak my mind
But whenever I do suddenly I'm so cruel

I'll take into consideration (Where you stand)
But I won't place all my decisions (In your hands)
Lucky for you I know how to be bad by myself
So I don't need your help

Oh, oh
I can do what I want
I don't need your permission baby
Oh no, I can do what I like
I can do what I want
Oh, oh
I can do what I want
I don't need your permission

If I wanna have fun, I can do just that
I don't need you breathing down my neck
I don't need to care about every little thing
I just wanna keep on living

I'll take into consideration (Where you stand)
But I won't place all my decisions (In your hands)
Lucky for you I know how to be bad by myself
So I don't need your help

Oh, oh
I can do what I want
I can do what I want
Oh, oh
I can do what I want

I can do just what I like
Don't need anybody's permission
I-I-I-I can do just what I like

If I ever have a moment of weakness
With nowhere else to turn to
I'd be willing to bet it all
Somehow, someway, I'd make it through
O-o-oh yeah

Oh, oh (I can)
I can do what I want
I can do what I want
Oh, oh
I can do what I want

I-I-I-I can do just what I like
Don't need anybody's permission baby

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 21 July 2017 15:32:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:00
Written By: Allen George & Fred McFarlane, Johnny Carter
Produced By: Allen George & Fred McFarlane

"Reassurance" is the final collaboration on the album, with help from Johnny Carter. The pair have seemingly struck up a friendship with one another and decided to work in the studio together, producing this nice, summer track. It's got a lot of EDM elements to it and even though it's a short song, it still gets the job done. Eilidh and Johnny both sing about reassuring the other they still care for one another. Eilidh starts off the song, going back to her softer tone we're used to. The production really makes the song what it is, as it features a few small beat breaks and a nice drop. Johnny sings the second verse, which leads straight into the chorus which Eilidh sings.

You tell me over and over again
But I don't think I'll get it through my head
You're not going anywhere and neither am I
We've had the best years of our life, standing hand in hand
To trade that for something so trivial
I'd be a stupid man

I know I'm not used to all this devotion, and I never have to second guess
I can tell what you're thinking, know all your movements and expressions

But I'm always asking you for some
Reassurance
Just to know that it's not a dream
Can you give me some reassurance

I'm just looking for reassurance
I'm not asking for much

I don't even take offense when you ask me if I love you
I'll never get tired of telling you the truth, my love
Other people might take it to the head but I know you better
It's just another way to show me that you care
I don't even have to hesitate, to give you an answer

Some reassurance
Some reassurance
Can you give me some reassurance

(I know I'm the only one who evokes all these emotions)

I'm not asking for much
Just your reassurance

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 21 July 2017 15:38:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:26
Genre: Dance
Written By: Dylan Shaw Sara Hollywood, David Stewart
Produced By: David Stewart

"See What I See" is the next track of the album. Following alongside "What You Mean" and "Before Your Body," "See What I See" has a similar Dance vibe to it, although it's lyrics are inspiring and empowering. A mixture of handclaps, distorted synths, and a repetitive dance beat, is one way to describe the production of this song. Eilidh's gentle and caressing vocals are perfect for the beat, as she sings about feeling upset that someone doesn't see the potential in themselves that she does. She herself has mentioned that she struggles with her self-confidence, but she wastes no time trying to empower her listeners. She urges them to embrace their flaws and be proud of who they are. This feel good track is one of many motivational tracks Eilidh treats listeners to. It shows her growth as a person, and also it shows her willingness to uplift her younger and older fans. Vocally, Eilidh plays it safe, taking no huge risks with her vocals but it doesn't make the song any less pleasing to listen to.

You're wasting all your time standing in the mirror
It won't matter how much you try to plead
There are things that I don't know or will ever understand
But I'll always understand even when you don't speak

And for the life of me
I just don't get it
And for the life of me
I'll never see it
Every thing you think is wrong, I love about ya
And can't nobody do you quite like you does, no no

My only wish right now
Is for you to see what I see
When you look, now, can't you ever see what I see?
The deeper the hurt, the scars, they only make you beautiful
And I know it's something you can't yet control
Just want you to see what I see
Just want you to see what I

Don't you ever tire of doubting yourself?
I'm exhausted just by listening to you
Every time you think you're out for the count
Something deep inside of you must know
And for the life of me
I just don't get it
And for the life of me
I'll never see it
Every thing you think is wrong, I love about ya
And can't nobody do you quite like you does, no no

My only wish right now

ooh, mhhhm yeah

My only wish right now

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 21 July 2017 16:07:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:30
Genre: Dance
Written By: X&Y (Xander van der Meer and Yahya Amer)
Produced By: X&Y (Xander van der Meer and Yahya Amer)

"Take Me There" is a track produced by the up and coming producing duo of X&Y. It is very electronica with lots of icy synths and a bubbly beat. The song is actually a transition for the album, as it takes the ideas and concept of the opening track, "Head In The Clouds" and progresses it further. After Eilidh has seemingly gotten to where she wants to be, she wonders if she'll be able to go beyond that. Essentially, it's about Eilidh wanting to break out of that shell she's been in for so long. She's singing to her music, asking if it will be able to take her to where she wants to be in life and give her the happiness she's been wanting her whole life. It's the opposite from the opening track, whereas now she realizes she isn't just dreaming, her success is a reality, but she wonders if she'll be able to surpass it or stay stuck in the same place. Eilidh finds herself questioning her ability as an artist, which is already quite mature of her for her debut album. Vocally, Eilidh delivers another effortless performance, and in the Bridge of the song, delivers a whistle note, which is one of a few on the album, showing her ability as a vocalist.

Countless hours spent replaying the same daydream, ah
(And it feels so)
It feels so real but it couldnt possibly be, ah
I'm ready to lay it on the line
I'm ready to see what's on the other side
It's on my mind
On my mind
Ive been thinking all day and night
That I dont care if its wrong or right
Its on my mind
I leave the guilt behind

I've got a feeling this might be the one
And I've got a feeling that it won't be long
I've been waiting all my life for this time to come
But I just gotta know, I just wanna know
Will you take me there?

Will you take me there?
Will you, will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?

Will I finally learn all the things that dreams are made of, ah
It feels good, to be able to do all the things that I love, ah
Am I showing too much?
Or am I not doing enough?
It's on my mind
On my mind
Will my heart go all the way?
Or will my head be the one to betray?
It's on my mind
I think it all the time

But I've got a feeling this might be the one
Will you take me there?

Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?

Don't be patient
Be courageous
Sometimes you gotta take it
When you know you want something so bad
Don't be scared to ask
You don't need permission to live!

I've got a feeling this might be the one
Will you take me there?

Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?
Will you take me there?

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:20
Genre: Pop
Written By: Dylan Shaw, Sunny Monroe
Produced By: Eris Montoya, Dylan Shaw

"Do You See Me Now?" is the last track on the physical deluxe edition of the album, and serves as the sort of outro and ending of the album. It is possibly the most emotional track on the record, as the song is actually written about Eilidh's mother, who she has a very toxic relationship with. The track is mainly acoustic with a piano also assisting, but nothing too fancy in terms of production. It's a very stripped back track that shines a light on her vocals and ability to deliver an emotional vocal performance. The lyrics focus on Eilidh as she recounts her life with her mother. It is one of the more honest and heartfelt songs on the album, and you can hear the pain in Eilidh's voice as she sings. During the breaks between the chorus and verses, Eilidh does this beautiful and unforgettable ad-lib and harmonizing. The lyrics yearn for her mother's love but never fully getting it. She also says having her own children now, she could never turn away from them, but in a somewhat sad turn of events, Eilidh has seemingly come to terms with their strained relationship and wants to move on.

Farewell now, I don't need you now

Sitting by this window makes me cry
Feels so familiar
Everything seems blurry all the time
I can not focus

I've tried to be your everything
Even when you thought of me as nothing
I still keep hope for you inside
I know you'll never care enough to lie
My head has come down, do you see me now?
I'll just stand in the light
I just wanted you a little longer
Wishing you could've stayed much longer

As I'm staring at my little ones
I could never
Do any of the things that you've done
Striving to be better
And even when I have no confidence
I can rest assure I'll never ever quit

I still keep hope for you inside

I find myself still waiting for your call to come through
You may have told yourself that you were finished but I wasn't done with you
But I'm sure you knew

Farewell now, I don't need you now

(Who-o-a) I still keep hope for you inside

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#15 Posted : 22 July 2017 13:24:16(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: I know I joke about Isabel being the queen pop artist and runs everything but Eilidh is a complete character. She seems much more relatable and I can see a person like this in the real world totally like this the songs are clever and not too much over the top where you question why would someone give her that song we know she ain't coming with that. She was meant to do bubblegum fun cutesy pop but when some of her songs hit a darker personal level it really takes me by surprise and shows how much range and talent you both have for having someone that can do something like that and more importantly make it believable, Eilidh doesn't get enough credit for the range of emotions that she has cause unlike Isabel, so I feel is like a goody goody, pure as untouched snow. Eilidh isn't in a box where one moment she could pull out one of the most daring and charged feelings in not only her music but in her life, to you wondering how did she have two kids and are they okay at the drop of a hat and it wouldn't feel out of place. I don't bring it up but Eilidh is a complete person and that is impressive.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/07/2017(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#16 Posted : 26 July 2017 02:29:24(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: This has to be one of if not the best recent pop album I've heard it's definitely a journey each song makes you feel something different lyrically while the production just keeps you in that good mood it's like every song compliments the last and I don't know if I've told you this but I am a huge fan of your vocals like they're insanely good looking back to the girl I met on the that one night walking the streets to now it's like a completely different person it's like you managed to find yourself and your own voice with this album without losing anything that makes you, you does that make sense? Anyway it's amazing and I couldn't help but find myself dancing, feeling empowered and of course bawling my eyes out at the last song everything about this is so perfect and beautiful and just great job Eilidh

ooc: Jeez I'm terrified to even try to drop an album, EP or even single now this is sooo good it actually felt like I was listening to a real album great job Tequila
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#17 Posted : 26 July 2017 11:40:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Coke: For starters, the bonus tracks really messed with me. Like, fucked up my feelings. Those are truly highlights of the album, Yess. But of course I love Reassurance, XO, First Time, No Boys Allowed...I'm seriously about to name every track, Eilidh! I've always been the biggest fan of yours and I'm just so glad you finally gave us an ALBUM. Beautiful job on this, mama ❤
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/07/2017(UTC)