logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#21 Posted : 13 June 2009 02:14:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
I believe that God the human species, not that we developed from a gorilla or a dolphin or any kind of sea creature.

How can you say that when the proof is stacked against you? I'm no scientist, but i put my faith in scientists rather than some dude who doesnt like gay or jew's to be fair. Yes yes i know that was stereotypical but you get my point hopefully.

I grew up and was thought that god created me, I was thought to read and believe what the bible says, and then I realized that there are somethings I don't believe(Not that I'm being a two-face to the bible but there're are a couple of thing I don't believe, like God not accepting Homosexuality) There are other things I believe though like God created us and that Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins. It is just what I believe. (I look at this way, many different people wrote the bible through God, but I don't believe everyone told the truth.

So, you dont believe real people who are telling you something and you believe something that is mayby only based on your own thoughts? God don't exist. Proove me that there is a god!

Thats not what I'm saying. I'm talking about some of the people wrote the bible, might of lied. For example there are certain books in the bible that might have opinionated scriptures from the person who wrote it not god's opinion. I know Moses wrote Genesis and some other books and many other People but not all of them were telling the truth to me.

If some of it is not really God's true word, how do you know which is which? How do you know that the parts you believe to be true are in fact true?

with Faith, knowledge shall come to you and let you know whats right and whats wrong.
Offline Gildermershina  
#22 Posted : 13 June 2009 03:00:20(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
So how come two different people take two different things away from the Bible? Are they both equally true, or is one right and one wrong?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#23 Posted : 13 June 2009 03:11:31(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I have several problems with belief purely from a philosophical perspective.

A) How do you know you are right? I mean Hell, you've got three religions based on pretty much the same thing in the Abrahamic trio. And those religions have all made it clear that their God will not tolerate you deviating from dogma. So who got it right? I mean you can say "you just no", but shit, what about those millions of others who got it wrong, being Jewish or Muslims or whatever?
B) OK, lets take it that Christianity is the one true religion, as portrayed by the Old & New Testaments. Which off-shoot is right? Catholicism? Lutheranism? Baptists? Calvinism? etc. I mean they all interpret the bible in different ways, and probably more importantly a huge chunk of their dogma was established in books other than the Bible. Concepts like Satan, Hell, & so forth do not appear in the Bible.
#24 Posted : 13 June 2009 03:25:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:

A) How do you know you are right? I mean Hell, you've got three religions based on pretty much the same thing in the Abrahamic trio. And those religions have all made it clear that their God will not tolerate you deviating from dogma. So who got it right? I mean you can say "you just no", but shit, what about those millions of others who got it wrong, being Jewish or Muslims or whatever?
B) OK, lets take it that Christianity is the one true religion, as portrayed by the Old & New Testaments. Which off-shoot is right? Catholicism? Lutheranism? Baptists? Calvinism? etc. I mean they all interpret the bible in different ways, and probably more importantly a huge chunk of their dogma was established in books other than the Bible. Concepts like Satan, Hell, & so forth do not appear in the Bible.

What are you talking about? The main thing the bible talks about is about Satan & hell. Satan tempting even Jesus himself.
Offline forkboy  
#25 Posted : 13 June 2009 04:45:56(UTC)
forkboy

stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:

What are you talking about? The main thing the bible talks about is about Satan & hell. Satan tempting even Jesus himself.

No, that is almost certainly not the main thing in the bible. The main thing in the bible is listing names. And so Jeremiah begat Joseph and Joseph begat Randolph, and Randolph begat Terry Nutkins and Terry Nutkins begat...
#26 Posted : 13 June 2009 04:47:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:

No, that is almost certainly not the main thing in the bible. The main thing in the bible is listing names. And so Jeremiah begat Joseph and Joseph begat Randolph, and Randolph begat Terry Nutkins and Terry Nutkins begat...

It was more of a exaggeration, What I mean is that the bible mentions a lot about the Devil (Satan) and hell. The main thing in the bible is Salvation, not listing names.

Edited by user 13 June 2009 04:49:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#27 Posted : 13 June 2009 04:56:47(UTC)
forkboy

Yeah, I was also exaggerating because I just got bored of reading it because Genesis is page after page of listing names.

It's a really dull book to read as a standalone work of fiction.
#28 Posted : 13 June 2009 05:01:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
Yeah, I was also exaggerating because I just got bored of reading it because Genesis is page after page of listing names.

It isn't fiction perios. And Genesis is actually my favorite book in the bible along with Revelations.
#29 Posted : 13 June 2009 05:10:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

All right, lets talk about Witches.
Offline bikz  
#30 Posted : 13 June 2009 05:27:59(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:

I am one.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#31 Posted : 13 June 2009 05:29:55(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:

they aint real.
Done.
Offline bikz  
#32 Posted : 13 June 2009 05:49:46(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

they aint real.
Done.

Don't be a ditz. Wicca (witchcraft) is a religion which deserves equal status to any other. In my last post in here, I was completely serious.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#33 Posted : 13 June 2009 05:55:48(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

they aint real.
Done.

Don't be a ditz. Wicca (witchcraft) is a religion which deserves equal status to any other. In my last post in here, I was completely serious.

Bikz your scaring me.
Offline forkboy  
#34 Posted : 13 June 2009 06:06:06(UTC)
forkboy

stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:

It isn't fiction perios. And Genesis is actually my favorite book in the bible along with Revelations.

I genuinely found Genesis to be some of the most boring prose I've ever read, including pish I've written myself.

And Revelations, it's Notradamus level insane ranting that can be interpreted to mean almost anything. I'm amazed it counts as Biblical canon.

of course the whole issue of Biblical Canon is another one that fascinates me, especially for non-Catholic or Eastern Orthodox Christians. Namely, the fact that they still use the same Holy book that was essentially decided upon by Popes and Cardinals in the 4th & 5th century. Bizarre.

Oh and Wicca. Yes, it deserves to be treated with the same level of disdain as Christianity and nothing less, because it is just as silly, if not more so. And actively calling yourself just because you are a Wiccan. Well, a commonly held internet phrase comes to mind.

LOL
#35 Posted : 13 June 2009 06:13:26(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:

I genuinely found Genesis to be some of the most boring prose I've ever read, including pish I've written myself.

And Revelations, it's Notradamus level insane ranting that can be interpreted to mean almost anything. I'm amazed it counts as Biblical canon.

of course the whole issue of Biblical Canon is another one that fascinates me, especially for non-Catholic or Eastern Orthodox Christians. Namely, the fact that they still use the same Holy book that was essentially decided upon by Popes and Cardinals in the 4th & 5th century. Bizarre.

Oh and Wicca. Yes, it deserves to be treated with the same level of disdain as Christianity and nothing less, because it is just as silly, if not more so. And actively calling yourself just because you are a Wiccan. Well, a commonly held internet phrase comes to mind.

LOL

If god has given you the gift to read hands, so be it. I have respect to anyone, juts not to the devil.

Edited by user 13 June 2009 06:28:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#36 Posted : 13 June 2009 06:27:35(UTC)
forkboy

As utterly farcical as Wicca is, it is nothing remotely like Satan worship. It is just some very silly nonsense started less than 100 years ago in the UK, and is all neo-Pagan daftness. Not in the least part dark or sinister, they see themselves as "white witches", it's all very nice and is good for selling candles and dream-catchers to new-age twits I guess, but it's got none of the good ol' blood and guts of proper monothiestic religions.

Also, God did not give me the gift of reading. I learnt to read. I was taught to read by my parents and by my school teachers. No mysterious beings had any involvement and I resent anyone who states otherwise.

Edited by user 13 June 2009 06:28:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gildermershina  
#37 Posted : 13 June 2009 06:38:26(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Satan's role in the bible is limited to occurrences of temptation. He is not named as the ruler of hell, nor is his origin explained. The rational explanation is that omnipotent God created hell, and Satan, and allows him to tempt people down to hell, because God loves everyone. He wants people who eat shellfish to burn forever in hell because He loves everyone..
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#38 Posted : 13 June 2009 06:53:26(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Satan's role in the bible is limited to occurrences of temptation. He is not named as the ruler of hell, nor is his origin explained. The rational explanation is that omnipotent God created hell, and Satan, and allows him to tempt people down to hell, because God loves everyone. He wants people who eat shellfish to burn forever in hell because He loves everyone..

Your look at it is like this,
For example,
Let say I'm taking Geometry in college, I only go to the class for a week and then you show up at the finals expecting to get an A.

My point is God does love everyone, but god is god, he has rules and those rules must be followed. No one can't be or is greater than him. If you don't obey the rules, you will be punished for sinning. But according to the bible all sins can be forgiven. (shellfish, come on seriously did you get that from the old testament or are you just hypothetically speaking) God is the almighty and he loves you he sent his only son Jesus to forgive your sins. That's why I thank Jesus, because if it wasn't for him, god wouldn't forgive our sins.
Offline forkboy  
#39 Posted : 13 June 2009 06:59:52(UTC)
forkboy

Old Testament is part of the Bible. The shellfish rule is one of those classic ones from Leviticus, the best book in the Bible.

Another farcical element of Christianity. I could commit one sin my entire life, but because I am an athiest and thus do not ask forgiveness, I do not get forgiven.

Where as the multiple murderer and child abuser who for this example we shall call "John Mayne Facey" is an abhorent human being, but as he sits on death row he "finds" God and asks forgvieness. I mean it's just not particularly well thought out.

If God is omnipotent, he is either all-forgiving and all-loving, or else he is the cruel, malevolent, petty xenophobe of the Old Testament who only gives a damn about the Jews, in which case we are fucked anyway.

And also, haha at God being a geometery teacher.
#40 Posted : 13 June 2009 07:02:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
Old Testament is part of the Bible. The shellfish rule is one of those classic ones from Leviticus, the best book in the Bible.

Another farcical element of Christianity. I could commit one sin my entire life, but because I am an athiest and thus do not ask forgiveness, I do not get forgiven.

Where as the multiple murderer and child abuser who for this example we shall call "John Mayne Facey" is an abhorent human being, but as he sits on death row he "finds" God and asks forgvieness. I mean it's just not particularly well thought out.

If God is omnipotent, he is either all-forgiving and all-loving, or else he is the cruel, malevolent, petty xenophobe of the Old Testament who only gives a damn about the Jews, in which case we are fucked anyway.

And also, haha at God being a geometery teacher.

LMAO, you gotta put some humor in it!!