logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Read hard  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2018 06:34:47(UTC)
Read hard

Groups: Registered
Romania

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 179 post(s)
Poo Peter: A few months ago we got the bright idea to release a greatest hits album. It was hard to define what was our actual greatest hits. We decided to include a song from our first album The Bitch, we decided to either go with "Listen" or "Don't Regret Me", "Come Home" from our second album Family Fun, was also remastered, remixed and we did some overdubs to fit its new format. The only recording of these that made it to the album of these were "Don't Regret Me". Our first hit was "Listen", but I think "Don't Regret Me" was our first really big hit in Romania and Germany. "Listen" was just our breakthrough single, it wasn't actually a "hit", "Come Home" was a bit bigger than "Don't Regret Me", but not enough to consider it one of our biggest. We also remastered the single "Just a Mess", which I think was from the same album as "The Grass Is Green", but I may be wrong. I've sort of forgotten all about our oldest records. Only three songs from our really old albums are included. "Staying up late", our first nr.2 in the UK and our first really big hit outside of Romania and Germany. "The Grass Is Green" was at least our biggest hit from the old days. From our newer period there are no songs from before Control Alt Defeat, even if we did sort of have some hits back then that were probably as big as "Staying up Late".

The Bitch: "Just a Mess" is on Songs for the Read Harded, and was the album before Puke of Earl. Other than the three songs from our earlier days, we've tried to find the songs that charted the best and/or sold the most. I think it's the ones we've put on the album that are our biggest songs from this era. For some reason "The Icing on the Pretzel" isn't on it, we were uncertain what was the biggest "hit" of it and "She Kissed Me and It Felt Like a Hit", but the latter had "hit" in the title, so we had to go with that one. We were sort of surprised at our biggest hits, but then again no, from our more recent years these have been our biggest singles. We still consider our biggest hits songs from the old days, but we never had hits as huge as "The Icing on the Pretzel" back then.

http://www.therockstarga..._album.asp?AlbumID=33658

UserPostedImage

Tracklist:

1 Don't Regret Me (Remixed and altered) -From the album The Bitch from what they call December 2005* (*all these dates are in the Christian calendar or whatever they call it) (lyrics by The Bitch and Gory I. Lids)

The Bitch: The song charted in January 2006, we've heard. We did some guitar overdubs and vocal overdubs on this one, which was weird as we were mixing in old us with new us. I think it sounds better than just the remix though, that sounded way too amateurish for its mix, so we had to do something to alter it.

Peak Position* (*on any chart): #3 (in Romania)

Gory I. Lids: This was the first song I really wrote for the band and it's probably my best.

2 Staying up Late (remastered) -From the album We Did This Album Only for the Money from about March 2006 (lyrics by the Bitch)

Poo Peter: When this song hit nr. 2 in the UK in March or April 2006, it was a huge moment for us. It was the third single from what was our biggest album at the time. I still think it's one of our biggest albums. The single before it "For the Money" was also pretty big and it was probably, with the exception of "Come Home" our first kind of political song, and it mixed humor with a message of anti capitalism (and like you might know, we DID make lots of money on both the single and the album). "Staying up Late" is another thing though, it's a protest song against the war in Afghanistan about a couple dying in bombings in Kabul. I think it was the first time we were taken seriously.

Peak position: #2

3 The Grass Is Green (At Least on the Outside) (remastered) -from the album Puke of Earl from January 2007 (lyrics by the Bitch)

The Bitch: I'd like to add that I think it's wrong that the songs on this album are labelled as "remastered", I think all of them are "remixed", just not as much as "Don't Regret Me". This was kind of a sad song. Gory usually wrote the sad songs, but I had to write one too. It's about two things: when it's all sunny outside, but you can't appreciate it cuz you feel down or when you shine on the outside, but feel shitty on the inside. It was a sad song and it became a pretty big hit for us. I think it charted in early February 2007.

4 She Kissed Me (And It Felt Like a Hit) (remastered) -from the album Control Alt Defeat from June 2014. (Lyrics by the Bitch)

Robin Banks: There was always something hit-ish over this song, since it had the word "hit" in the title and when we released the single in July 2014, it was our biggest hit in a very long time, possibly ever at the time.

The Bitch: The song is a reference to the Crystals tune "He Hit Me( And It Felt Like a Kiss)" produced by Phil Spector. A band called the Spiritiualized or something did a song with the same title as our song, but I'd never heard of them before I wrote it. It's a song about meeting a girl that likes fast food as much as you and when she kisses you, it feels like a hit.

5 American Suicidal (remastered) -from the album Inside Deep Throat and Tricky Dick from September 2014 (lyrics by The Bitch)

The Bitch: I remember we were in trouble for this song because of the theme of suicide and it was sort of a hot topic at the time (and still is), but in September 2014, we really weren't wise with our words when we said that suicide support groups where places to be "shown the ropes", we also used the American Idol logo in the single and they weren't pleased either. We mentioned Kurt Cobain and Karen Carpenter in the lyrics and we were afraid of consequences from their families, but the angry mails came from American Idol and Twitter people. Oh Well. It was misspelt as "American Sudicidal" on the album.

6 A Tiny Little Piece of My Dart (remastered) -same as above (lyrics by Robin Banks)

Poo Peter: Inside Deep and Tricky Dick was the only album we put two songs from on this album. These were some of our biggest hits really. This song was nr. 1 in Canada. Our first nr.1 hit. I think.

The Bitch: I think so too...nah wait. It was actually "Speedway to the Moon" also on the same album. This was our prime basically. Our first nr.1 hit (outside of Romania and Germany that is) was the third biggest single from the album.

Robin Banks: This song was inspired by Emma Franklin's "Piece of My Heart" and the version by Big Brother and the Holding Company. I liked the idea of a person not taking your heart, but a piece of your dart. Also "The Icing on the Pretzel" was actually our first nr.1 hit outside of Romania and Germany.

Peak position: #1

7 Hearts of Darkness (remastered) -from The Pleasure Principal from November 2014 (lyrics by Gory I. Lids)

Gory: I don't like writing about this song honestly. I usually write the sad songs for the band, but for a few albums I wrote the happiest tunes. I had a girlfriend at the time and we connected because we were both depressed and there was something nice in that, but then we broke up and things turned even darker.

The Bitch: I think it really touched people though, it was nr. 1 so many places. It was huge, probably bigger than we thought at the time.

8 Suns Out, Puns Out (remastered) -from Hopelessly Devoto to You from December 2015 (lyrics by the Bitch)

The Bitch: I think this is our most sold single, at least from our later years. The B-side was James Bond themed, I remember.

9 PBR at the PRB (remastered) -from Subordinate Flaws from August 2015 (lyrics by the Bitch)

The Bitch: For some reason, even if we tried to make the tracklisting chronoligical, we made a mistake and put "Suns Out, Puns Out" before "PBR at the PRB". Where "Suns Out, Puns Out" was our best selling single, "PBR" was our biggest single. Nr.1 in four continents. It's kind of silly. It's sort of a silly song and we didn't expect it to do that big, it's not a very popular song in retrospect either. It was a song about Punk Rock Bowling, maybe people going to that made it their theme song or something.

10 Failed My Prostate Exam (remastered) -from Peanuts Envy from March 2016 (lyrics by Robin Banks)

Robin Banks:This was our last sort of big hit, after that we've been stale with our hits. For its theme it's sort of an unexpected hit, which is sort of funny. I didn't think it would be the biggest hit from PE at all. I expected it to be "Spank My Ass and Call Me Ischmael" or "Been Around the Globe", but it's not always like expected in life. We put a mini rock opera as the B-side of the single, maybe that was the trick. Or maybe lots of people could relate. If there's one exam you don't wanna fail, it's this one.

Poo Peter: Does it kind of suck that none of my songs have become hits?

Read Hards: Hope you enjoy his collection!

Edited by user 09 January 2018 06:51:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Read hard for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/01/2018(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2018 02:59:23(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: if you didn't buy this and promptly have sex on the cover...have you really lived?!

Karoliena: I seriously doubt that happened. Selene has...what's it called... respect for herself.

Erich: I hid it under the pillow. Check and mate.literally.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Read hard on 10/01/2018(UTC)
Offline Read hard  
#3 Posted : 10 January 2018 04:27:51(UTC)
Read hard

Romania

Poo Peter: I feel like this purpose is something we could use to promote our records. That'd being said I'd be a bit uncomfortable if most of the copies of our records were stained with semen.

The Bitch: I'd see that as an achievement.
Offline Read hard  
#4 Posted : 10 January 2018 04:39:25(UTC)
Read hard

Romania

Robin Banks: Here's the setlist for our Tokyo show in the Gratest Hits tour. We are exhausted as hell, but we feel alright. We also recently recorded the music video for "Sad Reacts Only", our next single. We haven't gotten rest in weeks. We're taking a break from touring until the single

Fuck the System
Listen
Don't Regret Me
Come Home
Don't Bite Me
I Hate You, I Love You
For The Money
Staying Up Late
Good Enough for the Media
She's So Lazy
Rock 'n' LOL
Pineapple Juice
The Grass Is Green
The Sound of Physics
She Likes the Beatles
She Kissed Me
Speedway to the Moon
American Suicidal
A Tiny Little Piece
Hearts of Darkness
Post Modern Love
Pee Pee Putin
PBR at the PRB
Suns Out, Puns Out
Failed My Prostate Exam
Spank My Ass and Call Me Ischmael
Jehova's Night Out
Sad Reacts Only
Matador Nails
freestylechamp on 10/01/2018(UTC)
Offline Read hard  
#5 Posted : 15 January 2018 05:18:17(UTC)
Read hard

Romania

The Bitch: We also released a new single from our latest studio album. Where we added an old song "Just a Mess", a song that didn't make it to the compilation.
http://www.therockstarga...ingle.asp?SingleID=90604

UserPostedImage

Sad Reacts Only (Lyrics by The Bitch)

Verse 1

Well now my life is shattered
On the floor unorganized and scattered
I had a lot of thoughts before
but I don't have them anymore
And could never think of anything that matters

Chorus

Life is a pile of stinking shit
And I don't know how I can live in it
Even sellers refuse to phone me
Sad reacts only
I wanted to buy a little pup
But when I saw the price, I gave it up
I'm depressed and lonely
Sad reacts only

Verse 2

I still remember that day
When I played the leading role in the school play
When things in life mattered
clouds could be cats and different patterns
But now they just seem shapeless and grey

Bridge

Sometimes I think that I oughta
get out of these thoughts I am thinking
Because I've got my head in the water
And it seems like we are syncing

Just a Mess (Lyrics by the Bitch) (remastered) from the album Songs for the Read Harded. Charted in December 2006

Peak position: 6

Three shitty live performances from Australia:

Handsome in the Hansom
Growth of the Soil
20th Century Hero

Edited by user 15 January 2018 05:29:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Read hard for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/01/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/01/2018(UTC)
Offline Read hard  
#6 Posted : 25 January 2018 01:34:44(UTC)
Read hard

Romania

Poo Peter: What would be a great idea after a Gratest Hits album? A not Gratest Hits album of course! These are B-sides and rarities from the last few years

http://www.therockstarga..._album.asp?AlbumID=33779

UserPostedImage

tracklist:

1 Let's Be Free (lyrics by Poo Peter) from the single "Characters"

2 Gotta Prove It (lyrics by Poo Peter and The Bitch) from the single "Handsome in the Hansom"

3 Characters (live from Buceresti) (lyrics by The Bitch) from the single "Matador Nails"

4 Another Tic in the Ball (lyrics by Poo Peter) also from the single "Matador Nails"

5 Gnome Chomsky (live from Boston) (lyrics by Robin Banks) from the single "Heard It Through the Grapewine"

6 Karma Sutra (lyrics by Poo Peter) from the single "Gnome Chomsky"

7 Internet Spam (lyrics by Robin Banks) also from the single "Heard It Through the Grapewine"

8 Mental Dentals lyrics by Robin Banks) from the single "Special"

9 Moon (lyrics by Gory I. Lids) from the single "Faux Catcha"

10 Gaslighting Anthem (lyrics by Robin Banks and The Bitch) new song!

lyrics:

Gaslighting Anthem

Verse 1

Well baby I'm gonna help you through this
It's not my fault you got fat
It was not me who made you do this
you really have to believe me on that
I know I might have spent a night in
a hotel room with prostitute
and you might think that I'm gaslighting
but one of them was way too cute

Chorus

This is my gaslighting antem
And you know my love is true
My Gaslighting anthem
it's about the only thing I do
My Gaslighting anthem
You know you make my dreams come true
My gaslighting anthem
You know I'm only gaslighting you

Verse 2

Well darling those things you call transgressions
doesn't really make me a dick
I can be your priest when you're seeking confessions
but you got to admit that you're sick
I could take you for a whole instead of a hole
you could be more like a human being
but if I'm not allowed to lie and control you
you're not the one I should be seeing

Bridge

I could be a Jimmy Fallon
Or the next Woody Allen
Or maybe even GG Allin
I think I've written a gaslight anthem
better than Brian Fallon
erich hess on 25/01/2018(UTC)