logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2018 03:34:19(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Album Title: Fire From Within
Release Date: March 2018
Recorded: 2015-2018
Label: Songs to Live and Die By
Genre: R&B
Producers: Decubitis, SnowCapt, Many, Beatfreakz, Therapy

Tracklisting
New One (6lack rules) (3:31)
You're in Love (Nico & Vinz That's How you Know) (3:15)
Tell Them (Weeknd Tell Your Friends) (5:32)
Trapped (The Internet Special Affair) (4:10)
Blessing (Tory lane traphouse) (4:02)
Change your life(Chris Brown Pills & auto) (4:52)
Not Working(Somethin Tells Me)(3:14)
Get down(Anderson Paak Come Down) (2:57)
Cute and Pretty (Frank Ocean Sweet Life) (4:23)
Until -One of these days- (Believer) (3:11)
Wont Get Away (NERD deep Down Body Thrust) (3:17)
Coming home -With Me tonight- (How Long) (3:17)
Get it (In for it) 4:52

(I'm leaving this up on here to do something with doing the lyrics so fingers cross that I do this in a way that the people before me like it and it reminds them of what the forum was like in the good days and not just "Oh yeah, why didn't we write lyrics again. Again this isn't going to be complete right now but by the end of this month it will be done as well as the rap one that I'm going to do without lyrics. Hope you guys enjoy it.)

Edited by user 05 April 2018 00:11:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/03/2018(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/03/2018(UTC), erich hess on 04/03/2018(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/03/2018(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2018 11:24:07(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
ooc: im fixing to ditch the lyrics with atomic war bride and the harlots. i think implying what im doing works better than giving exacts with them. mariko however,will still get lyrics.

Erica: isnt this the guy that would do the splits and punch people in the crotch in mortal kombat?

nina: i found it funny that he wouldnt punch sonya in the crotch. that shit hurts,they should have left it in.

Erica:how many times has your kitty been punched?

Nina:3 times in a fight. 0 times for pleasure.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 05 March 2018 14:39:32(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Excited to see how this goes, glad to see you still posting. I’ve been slacking but I’ll be posting something soon. Can’t wait to check this out when you post more stuff :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 05 April 2018 04:25:32(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Album review and Summary

The album start off slow and melodic with the music playing as kim hums to start it off. One of the things you hear is right off the bat the slow and measured way that the music goes in the intro Even through out the song when the beat comes in it still has a good balance of R&B and hip hop together. Credit the producer and mixer for this as the beat has a good bounce to it but it doesn't speed up the tempo of the song. While the lyrics are decent and good voice control, the chorus and hook leaves a lot to be desired Hook going "All these new ones, Looking at these new ones. Looking at these new ones." Not catchy or rememberable at all and it fades from memory quickly.

Hooks and Chorus aside this songs talks about the up and downs of Kim's career to this point, How he started on StarFactory but the show was discontinued, How he posted music on YouTube but never got anywhere but a few spots on there. With the K-pop surge over the last year and a half, Kim was over look and forgotten while groups were picked up quickly. Being signed to a label only to not get pushed like so many other artist. He wondered if he had to change who he was to be famous taking little pieces of himself away to make it in the industry was he going to reinvent himself to become this "New One" Some times fame happens over night, however more often then not it is a long process and it doesn't plan out right away. You can tell that song ment a lot for him and how he felt back then till now starting in 2015 a lot has changed even he has become something different but it's hard to say if he has become something "New".

The transition from track to track in this album varies a lot for me. While the music seems to have somewhat consistent flow the lyrics and more importantly the vibe seems off. Track One to Two listening to it straight through loses me but track two to track three seems to connect better, part of that deals with song writing but the other part of that is having hip hop beat makers trying their hand at R&B which leads to mix results. It would have been nice to have people in the business that know R&B like NinaT, Amy Meyer, Christina Lake come in and have a guiding hand in this but this showed inexperience on this. Really it was a thing for me but it may not happen to everyone I still encourage people to skip around on this album rather than listening straight through.

Track Two starts off with a string guitar playing to start off and the vibe have shifted quickly from the first one. This song seems up beat and cheery while the last one slow and even keel contrast hard for me. The Guitar is played through out and has few others things to get in the way of it. This simplistic style doesn't show up much in this album but it gives Kim more chances for the voice to be a highlight, and while he does go a good job of having his voice stand out it doesn't have the weight or control you want to have it be the focal part of the song. Still I wish they had other songs like this cause later in the album you see some songs have the prefect blend to make Kim's voice shine through. This just seems like a radio or playlist song thrown in to have people listen to only see if they enjoy it or not, And while it isn't bad, it isn't good either.

Lyrics and songwriting go along with the middle of the road music and instrumentals. This song talks about the things people do when they are in love. Crazy silly dumb things and I can understand that however this was more on the pop side of things and Kim isn't a pop artist. the bubbly music doesn't work well with his voice or with the lyrics. This song would have been better if someone more in the pop world got a hold of it. This song was too bland for me considering I was expecting something different and what I got was underwhelming to say the least. I will say unlike before the carry over to track three and track four happens really well. There is such a thing as momentum in album and in certain parts it builds only for it to stumble.

Track Three came out last year as a single to promote and it did a good job pushing himself out there and reaching the top 20 list. Kim is at his best being close to his hip hop roots rather than trying to work his way into the pop side of things. He fits in with the Dominic's and Drew's more so than the Michelle green's and Andrea's The track start off with the piano and but the beat comes in and gives the music more substance and guidance for Kim as like a measure for what needs to happens with the vocals. You can tell the songs that Beatfreakz did for Kim compared to others cause they seem to have a chemistry built up. Kim smooth voice on this tracks goes better and Beatfreakz only put in a few changes but it worked well for this song compared to SnowCapt and the second track.

This song Kim comes in and sings about how he is a smooth singer that a lot of people forget about, and then goes onto the hook to have people tell others about how he is just as good as these other singers out here, even suggest to say how you felt when you saw him on tour or when he was done shows. by the end of the second hook the beat changes and Kim talks about personal things where he talks about how some people in his family never knew about him or what he did but once they did they started having for "Favors" and started to come around him more. He then says that people told him that once you get to a certain point of fame and money it stops being fun and starts being stressful. He said he has something that keeps him "bless" then it goes back into the hook. The song is mostly what you expect from Kim but the third verse might have been a personal outlook on his life and what he thought about last year. Really this whole song was different but familiar, he still had the same singing and content for the most part but there was talk about his personal life that he didn't share in his other works.

Track 1-3

Edited by user 05 April 2018 23:11:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/04/2018(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/04/2018(UTC)