logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2018 09:54:16(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
December 30, 2018

Drunk Uncle Records is pleased to announce the launch of their new music label with a single from a new experimental band, plus a handful of exciting new acts that have been signed.

THE GLOBE
Drunk Uncle's busiest band is a handful of industrial noisemakers whose Why Should I? is both their and our first single release. Consisting of Duncan Hines (Keyboards, Guitars, Bass), Paddy Melt (Vocals, Bodhran), Patricia Cake (Percussives), and Bentley Crocker (Samples, Source Noise, Sound Manipulation), they are currently making the rounds of local stadiums trying to drum up crowds and support for their risky new music.

ROBERT GRINWALD
This multi-instrumentalist has some tasty and impressive demos of progressive rock, so we signed him to a development deal. He's currently honing both his performance and songwriting chops in anticipation of starting to lay down some new tracks for his first album. The guy is a serious introvert, but he's agreed to tour as a side player for some of our other acts to raise money to record his album the way he thinks it should sound. We can't wait.

MONEY + THE GRUBBERS
We saw these guys playing to a packed arena and thought they were the next big thing in country music. They signed the papers, took their development advance, and we haven't seen them since. We're thinking of getting a lawyer.

APPALOOSA STEVE
You may have heard of this guy. In the company of his 9-piece band, he's been starting to fill stadiums and getting quite a reputation in the U.S. - and some notice from outside our borders, too - without having put any music to tape. Their classic country and blues show is a sound for sore ears, and they always leave their fans wanting more - typically after two encores. We couldn't wait to sign them, and once the touring stops, the writing will begin on their long awaited first album. How many of their live staples will be on it?

THE INTERLOCUTOR
This one-man pop band can't wait to get on the road and in the studio. We loved his demos, and signed him to a development deal to give him time to hone his already plentiful talents. Will Mr. Grinwald be seen onstage as one of his live sidemen? We can't wait to see.

CHARM OFFENSIVE
Henri Wiggins (Vocals), Bones Bentley (Lead Guitar, Vocals), Liam Boyde (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), Irish McCoy (Bass), Carne Artney (Keyboards), and Ralphie Slaughter (Drums) make up a quintet of metal heads that we can't stop listening to in our office. We signed them to a tour support deal because, so far, they won't do any recordings. "Music belongs to the people," vocalist Henri Wiggins told us, "and the less people between us making it and them getting it, the better." Needless to say, they have very friendly taping policies at their shows. Check out this heavy metal jam band's live show and you'll understand why we had to add have them in our lineup.

Thank you for visiting the Drunk Uncle official news feed. Please check back for more press releases about our exciting lineup of acts!

Edited by user 16 February 2019 09:49:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Currently from Drunk Uncle Records

ALBUMS:

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

SINGLES:

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Drunk Uncle for this useful post.
erich hess on 30/12/2018(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/01/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2019 05:03:20(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Man
United States

DRUNK UNCLE RECORDS RELUCTANTLY RELEASES FIRST ALBUM

Our breaking act The Globe is busy in the studio at work on their first album, hot on the heels of a successful tour and the performance of their current single, O! For A Place o' My Own! Unfortunately, a master tape came across our desk, battered from its trip from somewhere in south Florida, and it turns out to be what can only be described as a contractual obligation album from Money + the Grubbers, an act that took our development advance and ran.

Titled Because Our Lawyer Said So, it is barely listenable, full of unmemorable, poorly crafted, and hackneyed tunes. But we're releasing it - without our label logo - along with a single, Please Call If You're Not Too Busy, because we're hoping to recover some of what we chucked out to these folks.

We'd ask you to stay away from this like you would a rabid badger, but we really would like to take what we spent on M+tG and use it to develop someone - anyone - else. So do what you think is best.

Because Our Lawyer Said So should be released in a month or so, as soon as our engineers can clean up that wretched master tape.

Edited by user 03 January 2019 05:06:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ALBUMS:

SINGLES:

erich hess on 03/01/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/01/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#3 Posted : 15 January 2019 09:08:26(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Man
United States

THE GLOBE DELIVERS TO DRUNK UNCLE ... NOT THE ALBUM WE EXPECTED

Drunk Uncle is pleased to announce that Industrial act The Globe is on the verge of delivering their first album to the label - although it's not quite the album we expected.

Following the modest success of their single O! For A Place O' My Own!, Globe members had started to collect songs for their first release when tragedy struck. Jimmmy Riordan, a multi instrumentalist who was an important part of the act's live performances, was found dead in his apartment from an overdose of fentanyl.

"That changed things, of course," said band leader Duncan Hines. "We had talked in the band about bringing him in as a full time member after recording the album, waiting to see how he worked out in the studio with us. it was a blow to the band, but it hurt all of us because we'd become fast friends."

Hines says the experience moved him to write And The Wolf Takes Another From The Fold about Riordan's death for inclusion on the new record. "Thing was, it was so different in tone from everything else on that record, which was kind of light and goofy, and we had, all of a sudden, this dirge."

The band agreed it was also the best thing they had written to that point, which led to another track about the tragedy, then another and another. "I don't know what point it was we realized we were writing a concept album," Hines said, "but the songs kept coming out of this, they all seemed great, so we said, 'Let's keep pushing this and see where it goes.'"

The resulting album is called The Ghost of Jimmy Riordan, and Hines says it's a look at the senselessness of the tragedy, coming to terms with it, and the stages of grief that followed. "But it's not a downer," he added. "When we realized where this was going, we spent some time studying The Eels album Electro-Shock Blues, a classic outpouring of grief that ended on an upbeat, hopeful note."

The Globe is in the studio now committing the songs to tape with ace producer Tony Visconti twiddling the knobs, with release to follow soon. After that The Globe intends to hit the road in support of the album with multi-instrumentalist and Drunk Uncle label-mate Robert Grinwald stepping into Riordan's role. "We've rehearsed and done some preview shows with Bobby," Hines said, "and though he doesn't grok us like Jimmy did, he's a lot more technically precise and brings a facet to our live sound we didn't expect."

Hines promised that their original album would eventually be released, "but this is something we all felt we had to do first."

ALBUMS:

SINGLES:

thanks 1 user thanked Drunk Uncle for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 17/01/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2019 10:28:02(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Man
United States

THE GLOBE ANNOUNCES "HAUNTED" TOUR AND SETLIST

Drunk Uncle Records' first and most active recording act, Industrial band The Globe is setting off on the first leg of a major tour to promote their first album, The Ghost of Jimmy Riordan. This leg will concentrate on promoting the band within the United States. A second leg will take them around the world, introducing the band to new audiences through small club experiences.

For this leg of the tour The Globe will be adding fellow Drunk Uncle act Robert Grinwald on guitars, keyboards and backing vocals, even giving him a moment in the spotlight. "Bob notoriously hates touring," said Globe leader Duncan Hines, "but he's working to raise the cash to put out his first album. So we're using one of his pieces as a walk-on, and we're playing with him on one of his other pieces. We're trying to get him to like the idea of performing his work live."

Also joining the band on the American leg of the tour is Atomic War Bride bassist Karoliena Summers. Hines said the band were fans of her work with AWB and felt lucky to get her for the first part of the tour. "Trisha (Globe's percussionist) plays standing up," said Hines, "and with Karoliena on upright bass, we're going to have a really interesting looking rhythm section."

The highlight of the show will feature the new album in its entirety, "In the original story order," said Hines. "We'd planned to sequence the record that way, but Tony (producer Tony Visconti) put together a different play order for the tracks. We were blown away by how he told the same story in a different way. So we went with his idea and decided to play our original version of it live."

The shows will also consist of material originally slated for their first album, which was pushed to the side for this current project, along with some appropriate covers.

The Setlist:

Walk On: Starlings (Intro only) (Robert Grinwald cover)

Why Should I?
This is Not The Way I Imagined It
She Is A Very Bad Girl (unrecorded new song)
Baklava Song

The Ghost of Jimmy Riordan (plus):
And The Wolf Takes Another From The Fold
The Ghost of Jimmy Riordan, Pt.1
The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young cover)
The Difficult Season
Eve
I Want To Be Bad
What Fresh Hell is This
L'appel du vide
Dammit, I Cried
Hurt (Nine Inch Nails cover)
This Is What Happens When Your Heart Breaks
The Ghost of Jimmy Riordan, Pt.2

A Nice, Even Keel
The Murmuration (Robert Grinwald cover)
Mutts
Who Has Got It?
I See I Feel

Encore:
O! For A Place O' My Own!
Strawberry Letter 23 (Shuggie Otis cover)

ALBUMS:

SINGLES:

erich hess on 26/01/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/01/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#5 Posted : 29 January 2019 09:31:34(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Man
United States

THE GLOBE RELEASES ANGRY NEW (NON-LP) SINGLE

UserPostedImage

"I was pissed off, what can I say?"

Duncan Hines is talking about the new single by his band The Globe that he just turned in to Drunk Uncle Records. For being written on the spur of the moment, it's catchy enough that we decided to release it while it was still timely, while the attack on Joshua Grimmie is still in the headlines.

While the single, This is Not a Good Time, is dedicated to Grimmie, Hines says it's a goodwill gesture in light of the song's angry tone. "It's not in support of Joshua's activism," he said. "It's not poking at him for getting beaten, and I'm not calling out anyone by name for what happened because that's still under investigation. I'm pissed off because this is music. Music! And we've got all this name calling going on, and whether or not it's playful or for publicity, someone took it far too seriously and now the industry has a fresh black eye. All the stuff we have going on in the world, and... this. This happens. It really isn't a good time for this nonsense, and that's the point of the song."

Hines said he got word of the beating while on a tour bus headed to Denver, Colorado, and had the song sketched out in his head by the time The Globe got to their venue. "We did a long sound check and worked it out, then did it in one take. It turned out well. We were lucky, given Karoliena's penchant for only staying in the studio for one take." He's referring to Karoliena Summers who has joined this leg of the tour as bassist. Her band, Atomic War Bride, is infamous for recording songs in one take.

The single will be released with a B-side consisting of two live songs recorded later that evening at the show in Denver.

ALBUMS:

SINGLES:

thanks 3 users thanked Drunk Uncle for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/01/2019(UTC), BrownSugar on 29/01/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/02/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#6 Posted : 05 February 2019 07:36:38(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Man
United States

DRUNK UNCLE RELEASES NEW SINGLES FROM THE GLOBE, APPALOOSA STEVE

As activity picks up in the Drunk Uncle offices, we are pleased to announce two new singles from our roster of acts.

Dammit, I Cried Is the second (and final) single release from The Globe's debut album The Ghost Of Jimmy Riordan. In support of the forthcoming second leg of their Ghosts tour, it will be released overseas as well as in the US. The B-side consists of two tracks from their aborted first album.

On the overseas leg of the tour, Duncan Hines and company will lose the services of Karoliena Summers on bass, and to fill the slot they have hired a pair of French buskers called Les Renaults. Consisting of Jean Paul Renault on basses and Lili Renault on strings and vocals, the duo came to the attention of The Globe via a YouTube video. "Someone in the Drunk Uncle front office saw this and sent it to us," said Hines. "The two of them did this bedroom cover of This Is What Happens When Your Heart Breaks and it blew us away. We knew we were going to be losing Karoliena, and we just looked at each other and said, 'Let's get in touch and see what they think of joining up with us.' They were thrilled and we're thrilled to have them on board. With Lili's strings and vocals, we think it'll add whole new textures to our sound."

The second release is from Appaloosa Steve, our country/blues act who have taken time out from their relentless worldwide touring schedule to record some of their music in the studio. Their debut song is one of their live favorites, They Didn't Think To Look For Me In Tulsa, B-sided with My Baby's Got A Chassis Like An F150 and Ain't No Boys In My Man Cave. As Steve and the gang are taking some time off the road, putting an album on tape seems inevitable.

Edited by user 06 February 2019 05:50:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ALBUMS:

SINGLES:

erich hess on 05/02/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/02/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#7 Posted : 16 February 2019 09:46:44(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Man
United States

ROBERT GRINWALD DROPS FIRST ALBUM AND EP IN USA

Drunk Uncle Records' progressive rocker Robert Grinwald has released his first album on the heels of a well-received live EP in the United States. The Murmuration, which features Grinwald on all instruments, was recorded into his Mac Notebook while touring as a sideman with label mates The Globe.

"My plan was to record it when I got home, off tour," Grinwald said. "But Duncan (Hines, of The Globe) got into this thing where he's recorded the bulk of Globe's new album as part of our sound checks. And I'm thinking, hey, this is a great trick, so I'd show up early and record through the boards into my Mac."

Grinwald says The Murmuration was inspired by impressions from ill-fated drive across Texas. "I was helping my girlfriend move to a new job in Austin, and I was going to follow her, absorb the great music scene there. But when we got there it was, like, a handshake and goodbye. That's where the song What She Said As She Left Me came from. A lot of the record was written in my head, driving alone across Texas, taking in big, open scenery and feeling small and alone."

The album follows on the heels of Grinwald's Almost Live EP, which features three live tracks recorded during his world tour with The Globe. "I don't really want to tour my own stuff, but Duncan thinks I should. So he's, like. we need a walk-on song, got anything we can use? So I go out and play the opening to Starlings while everyone else comes on stage. Then he said, "We'll put one of your songs in the show, got anything?", so we started playing (individual track) The Murmuration. On the European part of the tour I wrote a new song based on what I was seeing over there, just the amazing history of wars on their front porch all the time, and that's where Put Down Your Arms And Stand With Me came from. We used the take from Arnhem, Holland, which turned out great because of what happened there during World War II." The EP features members of The Globe, plus Atomic War Bride bassist Karoliena Summers on the tracks recorded in the U.S., and Les Renaults on the European recording. "I hope people like it, because it's probably the closest thing to a live album I'll ever release," Grinwald said.

Edited by user 16 February 2019 09:51:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ALBUMS:

SINGLES:

erich hess on 16/02/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/02/2019(UTC)