logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2019 18:19:42(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Tisha Jackson Leaves FREEDOM Records

- The Label That Housed 25 and FOR DREW

Tisha Jackson has left FREEDOM Records. The Princess of Pop signed her deal with the label in December of 2013. It has been a while since we’ve heard from Jackson. Her last major public appearance was at Super bowl 51, where she was the half-time performer. Jackson has virtually disappeared since February of 2017. She has kept a low profile. She has rarely been spotted since, leaving many to wonder, what is going on with her. Jackson announced in a statement on her website that she was leaving the label due to fulfilling her contract and to pursue other ventures.

Quote:
“I have had an awesome six years at FREEDOM Records. Everyone there has made it feel like a home for me, and a safe space for me to create. Having freedom to create is a necessity for artists. However, I have decided to part ways with FREEDOM after fulfilling my contract with them in December of 2018. I released two bodies of work on the FREEDOM label that I am very proud of, and I am very honored that the FREEDOM label housed those albums. I am very excited to move on to my next venture as I close this chapter. I want to thank everyone at FREEDOM for all the support and I want to thank my fans for the outpour of love and support. Stay tuned.”

Many have been left to wonder who Tisha will sign with will next? Jackson has her own record Label, Hit-Factory Productions. In 2013 she famously left her label Studio 60 and signed a deal with FREEDOM Records. FREEDOM distributed her last two albums, 25 and FOR DREW.

Jackson hasn’t had an album out since 2017. However, there hasn’t been any news about her recording any new music, so it will be interesting to see if she will go the independent route or sign a new distribution deal with a new label. Cheers to new Tisha Jackson music in 2019!

Edited by user 20 February 2019 18:22:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 20/02/2019(UTC), erich hess on 21/02/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/02/2019(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/02/2019(UTC)