logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2019 23:16:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Shadows Of A Tail Light”
Artist: Havana Moon
Album: TBA (2019)
Release Date: March 10, 2019
Length: 3:52
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Recorded: Blackbird Studios, Nashville, Tennessee – September 2018
Genre: Rock, Americana
Label: Southbound Records
Writer(s): Avery Wyatt, Brandon Caulfield, Sarah Jade Harrison
Producer(s): JR Rhythm

“Shadows Of A Tail Light” is the title of the debut single from the Americana rock group 'Havana Moon' consisting of experienced musicians, Brandon Caulfield, Avery Wyatt, Flynn McCarthy, Dylan O'Connor, Caleb Rhythm JR, Sarah Jade Harrison and Jared Wyatt. The group was formed following the recording sessions for Brandon Caulfield's 2018 album 'Beyond Here Lies Nothin'' having all worked as his backing band for the record and having all been friends for many years, they celebrated the completion of the album with a three day vacation to Cuba together and the musicians during evening sing-alongs decided that they should consider forming a true band together where they all individually provide input on all aspects of the music rather than just backing one leader. This is where the name 'Havana Moon' came from and the band came to be.

Returning to Nashville, the group got together as often as time would allow and began playing and writing songs together with the idea of getting an album recorded and released in 2019 and touring together as a fully-fledged band. They signed to Caulfield's label 'Southbound Records' and began recording songs for their debut album away from the pressure and high profile of a major label. The first track to be released from the group was written in September 2018, titled 'Shadows Of A Tail Light' and features lead vocals from both Brandon Caulfield and Sarah Jade Harrison, with harmonies by the group as a whole during it's chorus.
The song begins with a drum beat and an acoustic guitar riff as Sarah Jade Harrison jumps right into the opening vocal, “Baby, this bar is playin' our song/Remember when we were so young and carefree/Lazy Sunday mornings spent under the sheets with the radio on/We could lose an entire day under there/I remember what it was like to never have a single care in the world/I remember what it was like to never have a single care/Do you think we could go back there?”

As we arrive to the second verse, a bass guitar can be heard in the mix along with a pedal-steel guitar which gives the song a strong southern rock sound which accentuates Caulfield's gruff country vocal delivery as he sings, “We'd waste evenings under stars/Just staring at the sky/Layin' on the rooftops of old cars in the junkyard/Livin' our very best life/I learnt to play guitar/Around the warmth of burning tires/We'd make love in the open air/With all of our young and carefree desires.” and the music picks up the pace slightly as we reach it's chorus and we're struck with a cavalcade of sound as everybody pitches in with harmonies during it's repetitive chorus, “And I thought I saw you last night/In the shadows of a tail light/Like a dream about my old life/And I thought I saw you last night/In the shadows of a tail light/Like a dream about my old life/I wish your memory/Would please just let me be/Forever haunting me.” and it's clear that this is very much a labour of love for those involved, it's the core principals of a bunch of musician friends just wanting to play together. It may not be to every-bodies tastes but we can't imagine that's something they're particularly worried about.

The track will be released on March 10, 2019 through Southbound Records and was written by the combination of Avery Wyatt, Brandon Caulfield and Sarah Jade Harrison with production coming from music legends and former lead guitarist of The Bards 'JR Rhythm'. The track will be available from all streaming services.

----

“Shadows Of A Tail Light”

*Pink – Sarah Jade Harrison
*Blue – Brandon Caulfield
*Black - Everybody

“Baby, this bar is playin' our song
Remember when we so young and carefree
Lazy Sunday mornings spent under the sheets with the radio on
We could lose an entire day under there
I remember what it was like to never have a single care in the world
I remember what it was like to never have a single care
Do you think we could go back there?

We'd waste evenings under stars
Just staring at the sky
Layin' on the rooftops of old cars in the junkyard
Livin' our very best life
I learnt to play guitar
Around the warmth of burning tires
We'd make love in the open air
With all of our young and carefree desires

And I thought I saw you last night
In the shadows of a tail light
Like a dream about my old life
I wish your memory
Would please just let me be
Forever haunting me

I cried so many tears
But now nothing seems to come
I've wasted so many nights thinking about you
So many nights thinkin'
What the fuck have we done?

With the best of intentions
We had the best of intentions

I wish your memory
Would please just let me be
Forever haunting me”

Personnel

Brandon Caulfield – vocals, rhythm guitar, lyrics
Sarah Jade Harrison – vocals, percussion, lyrics
Avery Wyatt – vocals, pedal-steel guitar, lyrics
Flynn McCarthy – vocals, bass guitar
Caleb Rhythm JR – vocals, electric guitar
Dylan O'Connor – vocals, acoustic guitar
Jared Wyatt – drums, percussion

Sound Alike [Instrumental]

The Wandering Hearts – Biting Through The Wires

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 11/03/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/03/2019(UTC), erich hess on 11/03/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)