logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#61 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:22:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Lexi walks out on stage to present the next award of the night. She has gone through an outfit change, since walking the red carpet earlier on, and now wears something a little more comfortable. As she walks, one of her songs plays in the background throughout the building. She is happy and excited to be given the opportunity to present an award as she had never done anything quite like this before. She felt really good to be among her peers today as well as her fans who adore her. With her destination in sight, Lexi positions herself on the spot where she was to stand and holds her mic up to her lips just as the music comes to an end. Lexi looks out at the audience smiling and begins to speak clearly into the mic.

"Over the years, we've witnessed some of the greatest songs of all time and fell in love with each one from their catchy lyrics to their infectious beats. Whichever aspect we prefer and helps make us fall in love with a particular song, couldn't have been done without the hard work and talent of those who help make a song. The nominees in this next category have the honor of creating what I believe is the heart and the basis of any song, the production. Tonight we recognize some of the most talented producers in the industry and the best at what they do. As an artist myself, I appreciate you all. Unfortunately there can only be one winner. The fans have spoken but first let's check out the nominees for Best Producer.

The nominees are..."

DrewWB
The Wolverines
FancyN (Niña "Rum" Tarantino)
Khalil Ferreira

Lexi looks down as she tears the seal loose to open the envelope, keeping everyone waiting just briefly.

She looks back up and smiles while she speaks into the microphone to announce the winner to the audience and those watching from home.

"And the winner for Best Producer is...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC), erich hess on 14/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine2.0  
#62 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:23:20(UTC)
Princess_Valentine2.0

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy smiles. "Yeah that's better, the guy has serious guts he just went up there in nothing but a damn jockstrap like crazy".

Dominic frowns. "Yeah not really trying to see that. Glad I missed it."

DominicBrown|BrielleNielsen|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|J.A.S.M.Y.N|JordanSnow|DerekRamirez|AllyHansen|EthanKnight|AriaKingsley

UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#63 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:25:28(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine2.0 Go to Quoted Post
Dominic frowns. "Yeah not really trying to see that. Glad I missed it."

Amy nods. "I agree, I wish I could unsee that"
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#64 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:26:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

Aaron Styles returns to the stage after Lexi Marie gives out the award for Best Producer. He finds his way next to the podium getting ready to speak into the mic, waiting for the crowd to simmer down before doing so. When they do, he speaks. "Everyone having fun tonight?!". Aaron is met with a large wave of cheers. Aaron nods a bit but it's obviously not enough for him. "Glasgow...you can do better....is everyone having fun tonight?!" Aaron is met with even more cheer this time and Aaron smiles positively about his reaction. "That's what I'm talking about!" Aaron yells out excitedly, his energy on the stage is very charismatic.
"We've still got plenty more to go and lots more for you to enjoy tonight and to be quite frankly, we're just getting started aren't we...Andrea!" Aaron smiles and walks, nudging Andrea playfully

"That's right, boo." Andrea raises her mic and one hand in the air as she walks to the edge of the stage to address the crowd once more. "Y'all ready for some more great show, Glasgooooooowwww????!!" Andrea holds the mic out to pick up the sound while cupping her ear with another hand, signalling them to scream as loud as they can. As the crowd roar, Andrea struts along the side of the stage while holding her microphone out. After hearing the cheers, she wiggles back along towards Aaron. "That's how you get 'em going, baby."
Aaron smiles nodding at the heated Glasgow crowd. "The next award we'll be presenting tonight is for Best Record Label" Aaron waits for a few seconds before continuing to speak. "There is a lot of work involved with signing, recording, promoting, publicizing, and selling music and record labels are simply the driving force for some of our favorite singers in the world. Record label plays an essential role in the success or failure of the company and an artist. . It takes a lot of money, and a lot of time to operate a legitimate record label and these labels nominated are looked at, as the best of the best, now which one is the top of the crop?...

"Record labels help support and propel some of your favorite artists to stardom. Y'all probably wouldn't even have heard of some of the best acts today if some eagle-eye bigwig didn't snap them up." The camera pans around the room and focuses on a lot of new acts who have prospered over the past year such as Lincoln, Eilidh and Johnny. Andrea waits a moment before she speaks once again. "There are some label out there who exist only for a profit. A bunch of people in suits who have never released or attempted to create an album in their life, telling you what to do and what to release as an artist. You can be stifled, shafted...robbed and milked creatively. Fortunately, there are still some labels out there who exist for music and its art. These labels have been chosen by the fans for their continuous support in their artists and their dreams. Here are the nominees:"

Permanent Reminder
Five Pesky Kids
Studio60
FREEDOM
Kaleidoscope Record

After showing representatives from each of the labels sat in the audience, the focus returns to Aaron and Andrea who seem to have great chemistry on stage. Aaron is all suited and booted while Andrea looks like she's just touched down from a spaceship but they oddly work. Andrea takes the envelope from Aaron and bites on her bottom lip while shaking her shoulders in nervous anticipation. "And the winner for Best Record Label is...."!"

Andrea smiles warmly and claps for the winning label as she stands off to the side, allowing the representative to come and collect the award.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 14/05/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/05/2017(UTC), erich hess on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#65 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:32:12(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)

Johnny Carter Live at The FCAs 2017

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

As the presenter presents Johnny's performance the camera shows the stage while the instrumental of "The Game" starts playing. White and gold lights take over the place and mirrors can be seen on the stage. When Dale's verse starts playing, the mirrors, one or two at a time slowly turn around and models of different race, sexuality and gender wearing black and gold tuxedos, coats or being shirtless appear standing still on top of different size boxes. Then right before the last box turns around "The Game" transitions into "Same Memories" and Johnny appears right on time for the first verse of the song. Johnny wearing a tux starts singing "Same Memories" while he is standing still with a serious look on his face, only moving his mouth and hand.

[Dale]
Little things, minor thoughts
Peace of mind can't be bought
Toss and turn so distraught
You've been trapped, you've been caught
Can't escape you're ensnared
Body numb mind aware
Try to feel, try to care
Try to move, light a flare

[Johnny]
I don’t think I’ve ever been this lost
I find myself alone in the home that we once shared
Thought that we’d be the ones to make it
Thought that you were the one that truly cared
But look where that got me
Look at me now
Living in this emptiness
And I just don’t understand how

UserPostedImage

When the second verse starts Johnny begins moving more. He slowly steps down of his box and walks towards the crowd. He is really confident, happy and excited! It is his first live performance at the show of the FCAs and after his album's release so he gives his best. During the last verse, he gets really close to the audience and reaches his hand to touch some of the fans. Then he quickly gets back to his box and mirror and stays at the same place and way as when he appeared. When the last verse ends, a dark tone overpowers the "Same Memories" instrumental and Johnny's box-mirror starts turning around and Johnny leaves the stage. Then his recorded voice can be heard saying something about love and all of the boxes-mirrors constantly turn round and round and white and gold flashing lights create a stunning effect with the mirrors.

I spend nights thinking about you
The love that tore my life apart
Searching our photographs and videos
They only serve to hurt my heart
And I can’t find the motivation
To be the man I was before
I can’t find the inspiration
Without you by my side anymore

Every day I see and feel the same things
I’m just following my boring ass routine
There’s no one to change it, oh no
No one to make me go out of my home
Now I’m waiting for you
Now I’m waiting to change these same memories

"The only way love can last a lifetime is if it's unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love."

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

When the recorded voice stops talking, the music slowly turns into the instrumental of "Come Out". The lights from the main stage where the boxes are fade out and Johnny appears with a black suit and a crown walking down some stairs while he started singing the bridge of the song. When he gets to the middle of the stage, two female models appear to his left and right and start walking with him on the catwalk while he is singing the chorus. This was a big moment for Johnny as it was the first televised performance of "Come Out" and a statement for him. During the last two lines he asks the help of the audience "Help me sing this y'all" and points the microphone towards the crowd. And when the song ends he takes a bow and says "Thank y'all".

[Johnny]
You don't have to be ashamed
That's you and they should behave
Feel free to shout it out, I'm out oh

Come out, come out, come out
Come out of the closet
You don't have to change yourself
Do what you wanna
So come out, come out, come out
Come out of the closet
You don't have to pretend no more
Do what you wanna
Come out, come out, come out
Come out of the closet

UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/05/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#66 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:32:54(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
erica can be loudly cheering for mandy,whom she thinks lexi is.

gretchen: hitomi! thats lexi! shhhhhh.

erica: oh shit. now i look like a total ass. i know....

erica looks behind her with furrowed brow.
Erica: someone is cheering for mandy,THAT is lexi. use your eyes,people.

erica sits back,looking father satisfied with herself.

gretchen: good save. gooood save.

erica and gretchen give an arsenio hall esque "woo woo woo" when nina wins for producer.

erica hisses loudly when five pesky kids wins. she's a loyal studio60 member.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 3 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#67 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:33:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Joshua shrugs and sighs, "Look Jayson, it's not about you or the group. It's about what that song represented. I'm over it and I won't speak of it again but I'm not gonna give you a free pass if you repeat it in the future, OK?" Joshua wants to be friends with Jayson again but he's not going to throw away his own morals and beliefs for that. If Joshua feels like something has to be said, he WILL say it. It's why he has such a hard time getting on with people.

Dustyn giggles when Jerry comments on his outfit. "Yeah, well your husband made me wear it. I lost a bet!" He turns to Billy and blushes,
"Can I have my suit back??"

Billy shrugs and raises an eyebrow. "I don't have your suit, Blue."

"Billy don't do this!" Dustyn whines, fearing that he'll have to spend the rest of the night like this. Just then, Five Pesky Kids are announced as the winner of Best Label. Dustyn is ecstatic but his heart drops. "No Billy...do NOT make me go back up on stage like this!!"

Bilal grins mischievously and links arms with Dustyn, dragging him off towards the stage. "Come on, Dusty. Your audience awaits!"
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC)
#68 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:36:53(UTC)
Princess_Valentine2.0

Amy nods. "I agree, I wish I could unsee that"

Dominic reaches his hand over to grab hers. "To be honest I'm ready to get out of here. I just want to see Mya."

DominicBrown|BrielleNielsen|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|J.A.S.M.Y.N|JordanSnow|DerekRamirez|AllyHansen|EthanKnight|AriaKingsley

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#69 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:37:17(UTC)
Famouss7x7

[center]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The lights dimmed down following the previous performer and lit up once again as Ezra stood on stage surprisingly with Jordan! She was holding the envelope in her hands as she stood behind the podium. The smile on her face never went away, as she watched the the fans cheer loudly - waiting for the next winner to be revealed. She slowly went down with her head to the mic and said "Hello", trying to get everyone's attention. The venue went silent, except a few cheers here and there, listening to what Ezra had to say.

"I hope you guys enjoyed the show so far? It's been definitely a great night!", the crowd cheered loudly, which is basically a confirmation that the night is doing great. She smiles brightly and continues to speak.

"This Award is for the women who have been running the industry throughout the year. Hit Songs, Hit Albums, Hit Tours. They are a force, powerful women in the music industry. They all have their own strengths and I'm very happy to be able to announce this award with Jordan here! Jordan has a microphone in his hand and looks out to the crowd "If there is one thing I love it's strong independent women, just ask my wife. In this world we live in well things are going bad very quickly, I'm happy to be a dual citizenship, "Women have it hard and these lades take that hardship and negativity turn it on it's head and throw it back to the world. For us who act like babies when we get a head cold, we can only imagine the life you go through. Here are the nominees for Best Female Artist."

She smiles softly again and continues to speak,"5 powerful women have been chosen, and you guys voted."

Andrea
Cassie Valentine
Eilidh
Tisha Jackson
Barbie Doll"

"Another tough list to choose from, Andrea, our co-cost has been spicing up the industry for quite a bit now. Her crazy and fun looks have been eye-catching and her songs topped the charts more than once. Cassie Valentine delivered if not the best, one of the best albums in recent times. R&B that came from the soul and she proved that you don't need to be pop to be successful. Eilidh has been in the radar for a long time but not until recent has she delivered #1 Hits back to back. Tisha Jackson has been a big name in the industry for quite a long time. Miss Jackson has delivered hit albums with hit singles, visuals and eye-catching performances. Her name is a brand, her tours sold out. Barbie Doll, possibly the under-dog but definitely not any less great than the other women. From inspiring songs to catchy indie hits. Crazy is right word for her, but I don't think she wants to be known as anything else. You guys voted for a winner, and we ready to announce her."

"And the winner is......"

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 14/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC), erich hess on 14/05/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#70 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:38:43(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erica and gretchen love dale and johnny's performance.
the pair are arm in arm singing by the end.

karoliena has moved and is sitting with erich.
the pair are passing a bottle back and forth.
erich,who was doing some serious pre gaming before the show, has slumped down in his chair. looking like the drunk that he is.

karoliena is the only person who can look dignified while chugging a bottle of cider.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#71 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:39:49(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha whispers to Nire,

"I am so ready to get perform and get the fuck up outta here. I hate award shows. Haha"

She holds his hand.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#72 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:40:47(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Dominic reaches his hand over to grab hers. "To be honest I'm ready to get out of here. I just want to see Mya."

Amy smiles and grabs his hand back. "I am missing her too baby, but can we at least wait till the end of the show then we can go home skip the after party, there always lame anyway"
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#73 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:42:33(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

Andrea is now on stage all on her lonesome for the presentation of this award. For someone who was dragged in at the last minute on a crazy whim from one of the creative directors, Andrea appears to be unfazed and is totally holding her own up on that stage. She makes her way to the centre and throws her head back so that her braids hang freely behind her and are no longer over her shoulders. She appears confident and is loving the feedback of the crowd who are cheering for her solo entrance. "Y'all having a good time up in The Hydro?!" Andrea smiles and looks out into the crowd. Rather than being like a loud hype-woman this time, she appears more centred and composed as she knows that it's all on her for this award and has to carry it like a professional. "This next award is one that all y'all stans have been going hard for online. Yes, it's time for Best Male Artist. The competition has been fierce. It makes the battles in Drag Race look weak as hell. There have been hundreds of thousands of fans debating, berating and shading in regards to this award. They all want their KING to be the one lifting the crown tonight...and honey, there's nothing more fearsome than a bunch of teenage girls defending their bae." Andrea pokes her tongue out and waits a few seconds, allowing the cameramen to show shots of some of the nominated artists up on the screen. She begins to fan herself lightly with the envelope as she continues on; "Got me a lil' hot under the collar just thinking about all the abs on this list! Aside from the obvious good looks, these guys are one talented bunch. Ranging from different genres, ages, beliefs, ethnicity, sexuality and levels of experience in the industry, these guys all have one thing in common - talent. Enough blowin' smoke up their asses. Here are the nominees!:"

Austin Nimmo
Kato
Dae Ho Park
Dominic Brown
Kidd Amaze

After revealing the nominees, Andrea slowly runs her fingertips over the seal of the envelope, delaying the moment to wind people up. She knows that a lot of fans have been tuning in just for this moment. Competition between male artists is ferocious. She opens up the envelope in an exaggerated and deliberately slow manner before widening her eyes and dropping her jaw, pretending to be stunned by the name she sees while also embracing the fact that only she knows who the winner is in this highly anticipating category. "Well, daammmnnn!!" Andrea gasps and covers her mouth. "I just wanna say that all y'all are winners in my eyes but according to the fans and this bitch piece of paper that just sliced my finger, the winner of Best Male Artist is..."

Andrea yells his name into the microphone before whooping and cheering for the winner.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 14/05/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#74 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:42:39(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
He kissed her and held her hand "Thanks for being here with me though it means a lot to me." he said knowing that she didn't like to lose.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#75 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:43:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erica:oh my god,jordan! i thought suzie had smothered him with her boobs by now.

Gretchen: if i havent killed you yet,im sure he will be fine.

erica:gooooooooo elidih
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#76 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:45:28(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)

"Without a doubt babe. You know I gotchu."

Tisha kissed his cheek then his lips.

She held his hand tighter and rest her head on his shoulder.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#77 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:46:01(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage

After his name has been announced, the arena responds with a sea of cheers and claps but it doesn't go unnoticed that there is a very small group of people booing and jeering the youngster. It's not over the top or a jaw-dropping negative reaction but the deep tremors of their boos still ripple and underlay the screams of love and support. From the off, it appears that Joshua has a lot to prove with this performance. Not only is he wanting to do himself justice and please the viewers, he also has to win over a bunch of fellow musicians in the crowd. He has become a very divisive figure in the industry over the last six months. The pitchforks and torches are out for him and it seems like some of his counterparts are even part of the angry mob. Ready or not, it is showtime. His signature logo appears on two big screens, looking like a white neon sign that constantly flickers. The entire stage remains in darkness and the audience eagerly await for the performance to begin. Over the speaker system, the beginning of the Christopher Hudson co-penned "Breathe Fire" is heard, which causes a frenzy among the audience. Most of them are excited solely for the fact that the performance is beginning, not because they are fans of the song. He has not released this as a single, never performed it before and the album has only been available for a week so only true Joshua fans really know the track. The introduction is actually playback from the studio version. The glitching, auto-tuned nature of the vocals prove this. While the into plays, the stage remains in darkness the entire time, with only his bright logo on the screens providing any source of light.

Oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, eh, oh
Oh, oh, ay, oh, oh, eh oh
Oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, eh, oh
Oh, oh, ay, oh, oh, eh oh

UserPostedImage

As soon as the live vocals kick in with the ad-libbed "Hmmmmm", the stage is illuminated and a thunderous whoop from the audience fills The SSE Hydro Arena. Joshua is seen sitting on a chair with his guitar, looking off to his left. As well as the prop of the chair, there is also a huge green wall with a thick white skirting board behind him. With nothing else in sight to add decoration, it gives off the aesthetic of an empty hallway or room which nicely compliments the rather "bare" and "stripped down" atmosphere that is present in the song. Joshua's attire is kept simple like always. He isn't one for flashy costumes and bizarre looks. It seems as though he is recreating the outfit seen on his PORCELAINHEART album cover and in some of the photoshoot for the record. With black jeans, a tight-fitting dark sweater and a ring on his middle finger, he certainly has the exact same look. Many fans have poked fun at him for his tight tops as they tend to go see-through when lights hit them but they are slowly becoming part of his "look" now. As he sings the verses, it is evident that this will be a more toned down version of the track. The official recording isn't exactly fast paced or chaotic either but with just his guitar on stage tonight, this performance is even more minimalist in its delivery. Joshua's voice flutters through the lines and the sadness can be heard from within his gorgeous tone. He is known for having an extremely unique voice, which divides opinions. Many people love his hoarseness, his stunning vibrato and the way he pronounces and enunciates certain words, while it really grates on others. For "Breathe Fire" though, he shows off a more soothing and melancholic side to his voice. The song is extremely personal to him and his emotional delivery really draws people in. The fact that he's only accompanied by a light plucking of his guitar really highlights the gift he possesses within his heart-rending voice.

Hmmmmm

Try to look through new eyes but I guess my judgement's still clouded
'Cause whatever my response is, the crowd are always left astounded
If there's something on this overworked mind, I should throw the key
But the deadly bark and the bite are forever begging to be set free
You try your best to soothe when this heart is beating irregular
Bang, bang, I lose my head once again, always going for the jugular

I turn on my heels, back into the woods, I keep on running wild
Fleeing from it all but my terrors still loom way up in the sky
Why do you even bother to seek me out and help calm all my storms?
Don't let me in again, this wolf only leaves everything torn
When you hear the thunder, you know that I'm out on the horizon
It doesn't scare you, so used to being struck with my lightning

UserPostedImage

Slipping into the pre-chorus, his voice fluctuates through the lines with his golden vibrato techniques that really tug at the heartstrings. Joshua truly does possess a highly emotive voice and it is clear as day that he means absolutely every word he is singing. Still keeping it stripped back and simple with his guitar, he is relying solely on the presence of his voice to carry and sell the song to the listeners and it is definitely working. It is extremely rich and has a lot of depth. Joshua manages to find the perfect balance of displaying vocal acrobatics while still keeping it rather reserved and restrained. With the amount of power he possesses and all the techniques he knows, it could be easy for him to "over sing" and show off, but he's keeping it to a minimum and presenting the best aspects of his voice in the manner he wishes to. As it glides into the chorus of "Breathe Fire", the instrumentation is still kept down to Joshua's guitar. The official audio is slightly more lively, with a heavier bass kicking in underneath it but that is all removed for this performance. It's clear he wishes to focus on the raw emotion and intensity of the lyrics for this one. As he sings the chorus, his voice sounds slightly huskier than before. This is to convey just how "hurt" and "angry" he is at this point in the story being told in the tune. In the first line of the chorus, he replaces the word "fucking" with "goddamn" so that the song can be transmitted live and also deemed appropriate for younger listeners. The switching of words actually works well and does not seem out of place at all, unlike in many other edited versions of songs. The fact that this is not a well known song means that not many people in the audience are singing along but that works well for Joshua. His voice and his alone is allowed to flourish because of this. As he sings the rather personal chorus, which many people may relate to, the camera pans around the room and shows a few weeping faces. "Breathe Fire" really is Joshua laying his heart out to all of us and lots of people in the audience are now getting a better understanding of the teen. Throughout the entire performance, he has not yet looked out into the audience or the camera. Whether it is nerves, a way of focusing on his instrument or part of the "gloom" act, it is certainly working in his favour as it is creating a rather sombre tone which fits in well with the song.

You tell me that it's all okay, that tomorrow is another day
Acting as if those wounds don't even sting
Tired eyes as it's been so long, knuckles white from holding on
I try to suppress the blaze that roars within

I'm so goddamn hard to love but I swear, I'm getting better
Learning to put down the gloves, turn down the pressure
It always pains me to know that I go and hurt you so
Tame this volcano with your waves, so blue and bold
Close the door, stitch my lips, don't wanna make a sound
Medicate these thoughts, I'll try to turn it back around
But just when things have been such bliss for a while
The dragon awakes and I go ahead and breathe fire
I breathe fi-i-ire, I breathe fire
I breathe fi-i-ire, I breathe fire

UserPostedImage

After finishing the chorus of a more stripped down version of "Breathe Fire", Joshua looks down at his feet signifying the end of it. The crowd scream after the beautiful little piece but there is some confusion as it all seems to be rather short. For those familiar with the song, they know that it goes on for much longer. After waiting for the applause to subside, Joshua gets up off of the chair and slowly approaches the centre of the stage where a new microphone stand is situated. He makes his way over while adjusting his guitar and earpieces. The audience eagerly await for what is going to happen next as it is a rather intriguing performance. Fans were not expecting Breathe Fire to be performed so who knows what else he has up his sleeve? As he gathers himself, the green wall set reels off to the side and reveals his band, who are all situated behind their instruments and ready to go. The show has clearly only just begun. Screams of "Joshua!!!" can be heard from around the venue as the young star ventures further down the stage.

UserPostedImage

"How are you doing tonight, Glasgow??!!" Joshua's voice booms into the microphone which in turn erupts a roar just equally as powerful from everyone around the three-tiered Hydro. The manic screaming is only extended and even amplified when Joshua begins to play the opening chords of "Don't Let It Go To Your Head". The single is currently very successful and is a staple in many playlists and on many radio stations around the globe. It's breezy summer vibes, witty lyrics and the fact that it spelled a huge comeback for Joshua is the reason so many love it. As he's on the bass guitar right now and is accompanied by his live band, the instrumentation has a slightly different sound.
It is not as "light" as it usually is, now sounding rawer, grittier and far more atmospheric than the official recording. He hasn't turned the song entirely on its head and the very essence is still there, it just seems a tad less "pop" and more "rockier" than one is used to hearing. A faint spotlight appears on Joshua as the stage is lit up with numerous blue rays of light, some of which shine upon and illuminate the members of his band. He is accompanied by two backing guitarists, really giving the chords a heavy layered effect, as well as a drummer and keyboard player.

Joshua's vocals appear to sound a little huskier and demanding than earlier as he has to compete with the sound of his live band. The lyrics may be a little sarcastic and somewhat sad but the slightly rapped nature of it alongside the infectious melody and beautiful musical arrangement makes "Don't Let It Go To Your Head" an extremely catchy little number. The audience clap along in unison with the beat of the track and Joshua can't help but smile. There's nothing like seeing and hearing a big crowd respond so positively to your own work. The camera pans around the room to show multiple famous faces bopping along to the song. Its summery vibes just get you moving - a totally irresistible beat. Joshua, who is not a dancer like Lincoln or Kato, even feels the vibes and can't stay still on stage. As he's focusing on playing the guitar and singing the song in its entirety, he can't exactly break into a full dance routine but he does groove around a little and is great at displaying emotion and rhythm with his facial expressions. For a white boy who plays guitar, he's certainly far from a plank of wood standing behind a mic on stage.

Who cares if I scribble down your name?
Who cares? Yeah, it's always been the damn same
I try to block out the constant ticking of my brain
You got me wrapped up, twisted in every little way
Daily struggle just trying to breathe and stay sane
But don't worry, it's all good here

So what if my hungry eyes start calling out?
Curled up on the floor, what the hell is that about?
It doesn't mean that you've got me hooked now
Not giving away this pride, that just ain't allowed
I'll just break down when you're not around
So don't worry, it's all good here

UserPostedImage

The camera zooms into Joshua's face after showing many wide shots since the beginning of the performance. Many whistles echo throughout The Hydro as they see him appear up close on the big screen as many young girls and guys in attendance have a thing for this cutie. He winks into the camera when he realises that he is now being broadcast on the one closest to him. This again sends a ripple of excitement through the arena. As he sings the pre-chorus, Joshua's voice really starts to flourish as the notes are slightly more testing. They're nothing too strenuous, just more use of his vibrato and notes that are held slightly longer than the verses, which are relatively buoyant and simple in terms of vocal delivery. The lighting on stage slowly transitions to a darker blue throughout this pre-chorus section. It gives off a very aquatic, underwater vibe which works well with the beautiful tropical nature of the songs instrumentation which is still very much intact despite no playback from the official recording being used.

As soon as the chorus kicks in, the relaxed and harmonious atmosphere which was built up throw Joshua's luscious vocals and the calming dark blue lights is suddenly gone and torn to shreds. With a heavy thrash of his guitar, stomp of his foot and the sudden transition back into brighter blue lights, it really is time to party. Joshua's unique voice blasts over the speakers, showing off the colossal power that he possesses. Many critics are always harsh on him, saying that he always strains his voice but to anyone who knows him and his music, they will know that Joshua's voice is naturally this harsh when he turns up the power. This is not a result of him straining or being unable to achieve the sound he's reaching for. In fact, this gravelly timbre really comes in handy tonight and helps take the song to the next level. As it is being performed with abrasive sounding instruments in an amplified live setting, his vocals really help give the piece a much more rockier edge. While his tone may not be everyone's cup of tea, the range and mastery in his voice cannot be denied by anyone. He is bringing that stage to life.

I'm the one that is in control right here
Cool, calm, collected, I have no fear
So don't go getting any clever ideas
Let me just make this bright and clear

Don't let it go, go to your head
I fall to pieces but what else is new?
I pour and pour, overflow that golden cup
Dutch courage and I hope for a stroke of luck
It's only all day and night that I think of you
Favorite heartbreak on vinyl spins and I feel the rush
Blare out my lungs 'cause who really gives a....?

[Instrumental break]

UserPostedImage

The tropical house influenced musical break comes in for the first time and, like expected, it has a much more vehement notes to it due to no playback being used. The keyboards, however, really help this breakdown stay true to its original version as the light keys and effects being used on the instrument really ring true to the sounds heard on the official recording. It is the layered guitars and drums that add more bite to the performance. Speaking of bite, Joshua's teeth sink into his bottom lip as he jams out on his guitar and nods his head along to the catchy beat of the song. His bouncy chocolate-brown quiff flops around as he is enveloped into his own little world up there on the stage. His love for music and performing is evident as he gets so caught up and lost in the moment. Joshua does not care if he looks like a damn fool, reminiscent of a kid dancing around in his bedroom while pretending they are a rock star. He has fought hard to get here so he has every right to make the most of it and make those hairbrush-holding, bedroom performances a reality. Light smoke drifts from the back of the stage where his band are situated and gently hovers around Joshua, like a protective and angelic shroud. He grins and holds back a little laugh as he sees the smoke creep up on him from the corner of his eye.

The sweet smiles don't last long, however. Coming out of the instrumental break, Joshua begins his second verse right on cue and sounds absolutely flawless but there is a hiccup in the performance. The drummer did not end his arrangement within the breakdown segment and while everyone else was finished, focusing on the verse, he was still playing the previous section and it overlapped the first two lines of Joshua's verse. Still singing and trying to remain as professional as possible, Joshua slowly turns his head around in the direction of his drummer and gently waves his hand as a way of telling him that he is doing something wrong. The movement is very subtle but the cameras pick up the DEATH GLARE that Joshua threw towards the drummer. Someone is getting fired for this. Despite the flaw in the performance, Joshua has still not given up and remained singing his verse throughout it all. The camera cuts to the audience to pick up reactions but rather than anything shady, a lot of them seem unfazed as they know all too well that things can go wrong during live shows and it's not as if the mistake was anything major. Joshua heads into the chorus once more and his spirits appear to be lifted yet again, smiling away as he belts out the catchy hook. The illuminations flutter in and out of dark and light shades of blue in rapid succession, looking somewhat like a lightning storm throughout the chorus. The darker shades dim Joshua's spotlight and make him appear like a silhouette, standing tall (over 6 feet) in the centre of the stage. There is actually something somewhat eerie about the little lighting display as it turns Joshua into a dark, giant looming figure rapidly appearing and disappearing in unison with the different shades brightening up the stage.

Does it matter if I want to fall to your feet,
Worship every inch and cry about how much you mean?
Won't say it out loud but I'll loop it in my dreams
Feels like I'm spending all my time down on my knees
Crawling over broken glass, so willing to bleed
No, don't worry, it's all good here

I'm the one that is in control right here
Cool, calm, collected, I have no fear
So don't go getting any clever ideas
Let me just make this bright and clear

[Instrumental break]

UserPostedImage

During the instrumental break, Joshua shouts out random buzz words like "Hey!" and "Come on!" while putting his hands in the air and clapping over his head. This in turn encourages the entire venue to clap once again in response to the song. This time around, the instrumental break focuses more on the energy of the people in the room, between the crowd involvement and Joshua's interaction on stage. He is no longer playing the guitar for this segment, leaving it up to his band to take over, which makes it sound a little more subdued than before as lead guitar is no longer involved. "I wanna see those hands in the air!!!" Joshua commands the audience like a pro and a wall of screams hurl his way as the audience lose it and throw their hands up. He bops around on stage with a smile that just can't be hidden. He knows that the next part of the song is the section many people go crazy for - the bridge. A spotlight shines solely on Joshua as his band fade into the darkness. This really is his time to shine.

This is Joshua's favourite segment of the entire song as it all rolls off his tongue, the audience always seem to go wild for it whenever he's played it live and he also has fun with it. Many songs on PORCELAINHEART are rather "serious" and have him sounding emotionally vulnerable, whereas this part allows the carefree Joshua to break free on stage and feel like a true pop star. Even though the lyrics are still not exactly the most joyful ever written, the sheer playfulness of the melody can make people forget that this entire song is about someone whose soul needs saving after turning to drink following a nasty break-up. Joshua's artistic ability allows him to do this with many of his songs - present them one way when they really have an entirely different feel and meaning behind them. Joshua slips into the rap-like bridge and the crowd go absolutely crazy for it, screaming and whooping as he delivers line after line. The huge response always comes from two places. Either people love this segment and they've been waiting to hear it since the song started or people are just hearing this for the first time and they are totally surprised and taken aback by his ability to spit words so clearly and rapidly. He does not try to emulate any other rappers nor put on a faux accent. The last thing Joshua would do is get himself involved in any cultural appropriation mess. Instead, he just shows off a different side to his natural vocal abilities. He sounds more like his regular speaking voice than anything else as his New Jersey accent is extremely prominent here and he sounds a tad nasally like he does when he talks but it's more endearing and cute than irritating. He closes his eyes to focus on this part as there is a lot to remember here: from the rapid succession of the lyrics, the way he has to change his delivery after the "Oh" and the immense breath control he has to possess and maintain throughout.

Yeah I said a little prayer this morning
Prayed that I would find the way, find an escape
To a clearer day, I was so afraid
So hung up, so twisted, soul needed saved
Like Satan, please not today
Tired of these days turning to grey
Gotta wash this sick, sick love down the drain
Starting to worry, it's not all good here
Oh
Man, the rain was a constant pouring
Shrouded in your clouds, the sun faded away
Wishing I was in a better place
Wishing I was no longer so damn afraid
Staring in an empty cup looking for a saving grace
In every droplet of poison I still see that face
R-Raise another shot for my pain and slay my fear
And this is something that I hate to share
But now it's time to make things bright and clear
I wanna hop of this ride, I ain't paying this fare
Escape these thoughts of you, clear this polluted air
Out of your toxins before I wind up dead
And yes I hold my hands up but don't let it go to your head

UserPostedImage

After the rap-sung bridge of the song, Joshua beams as he is clearly proud of himself for nailing that segment and as it's also his favourite part of the entire. The cheering and appraisal of the audience for his rapping abilities also help give his ego a little healthy boost. As the song enters the chorus once more, the spotlight on Joshua remains but dims down and the multiple blue beams of light illuminate the stage and his band once more. Strumming away on his guitar and roaring out the sarcastic chorus like it's nothing, a lot of people in the venue are now starting to give him a lot more credit as they realise the song is much harder to perform than initially expected. He spends a lot of time on a lengthy rap-sung segment which allows no room for a decent intake of breath and then slips straight into a powerful chorus. Joshua is a much more skilled vocalist than many believe. Living in the moment and really wanting to turn it up, Joshua sings the chorus with much more gusto than the official recording of "Don't Let It Go To your Head", sounding far more biting and soaring. It blends well with the rawer live instrumentation going on tonight. He also kicked off the chorus with a belt of "Don't let it go, go to your heeeeeeeaaaaaaadddddddd"which wowed the audience as it was totally unexpected for two reasons. One, it's not in the official recording. Two, not many people knew that Joshua Grimmie was capable of such VOCALS. The extended note causes the band to break slightly, allowing all ears to just focus on Joshua's belt. His voice growls and sounds a little hoarse but that is the beauty of it. His deliveries are extremely emotive. A drum roll kicks in, leading into the rest of the chorus being resumed. The camera briefly cuts to his boyfriend Johnny, who has just finished his performance, as well as a few others in attendance. They all seem to be smiling and enjoying Grimmie's time on stage.

[Instrumental break]

Oh, who really gives a....?

UserPostedImage

"Make some noise, Glasgow!!!!" Joshua yells out to the crowd and they respond with a wave of screaming and cheering. Joshua "rocks out" to the instrumental break this time, really getting into the spirit of the huge climax of the performance. He thrashes his guitar and bounces around on stage, heading over to some members of his band as they play in sync with one another. Despite not being a dancer, Joshua can still bring a stage to life with his presence and now he's travelling along the stage as he ferociously fires out the chords of the song, making great use of his space. He makes eye contact with his band before turning to face the audience yet again, smiling wildly at them as they cheer for him and sing along. It really is a monumental moment for him. To play to such a large crowd as part of a prestigious and high profile music award ceremony is a dream come true. Joshua has faced many personal and professional problems over the past two years which halted his career repeatedly, so this is a position that always seemed so out of reach to him. The sheer joy on his face cannot be hidden.

After the frantic instrumental break, Joshua returns to centre stage and sings the parting lines of the song in a much more relaxed manner. The heavy instrumentation subsides and it allows the audience to really hear and appreciate his unique vocals like they could during the short performance of "Breathe Fire". He sounds rather light and breathy, making good use of his vibrato while his naturally husky tone adds in that quirky edge. Aside from the earlier hiccup with the drummer, this performance has definitely been a success. Joshua's final line is delivered in such a tender and fluttering manner, it leaves the audience with a sweet taste in their mouths. Joshua has been known to be very "hit and miss" with his vocal performances but this was one to shut the critics up. His face glows with joy and he gives a cheesy grin before saying "Thank you!" in a rather small and somewhat sheepish voice. The audience stand and applaud the youngster after the performance, whooping and whistling as the lights fade to black.

In the darkness, Joshua and his band gather everything up as they prepare to exit the stage so that the show can move on to the next segment. From within the dark, Joshua's voice is suddenly heard booming over the sound system; "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, STEVE?!?!?!". He sounds extremely aggressive and far from the mild-mannered person who was just thanking the audience seconds ago. Although nobody can be sure, many believe that he is calling out his drummer for messing up earlier on. It's evident that Joshua was unaware that the microphones were still live. He just dropped the f-bomb on live TV. An awkward silence fills the arena.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 7 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 14/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/05/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 14/05/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/05/2017(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 14/05/2017(UTC)
#78 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:47:17(UTC)
Princess_Valentine2.0

Amy smiles and grabs his hand back. "I am missing her too baby, but can we at least wait till the end of the show then we can go home skip the after party, there always lame anyway"

Dominic wasn't too thrilled about the idea as he wasn't really in the mood to stay the whole time. "Yeah I guess. I'll be right back. Need something to get me through this night."

UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#79 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:52:47(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erica wildly cheers for austin. gretchen gives her a face and mouths "why?"

erica: are you kidding?! his fans are so loyal that they will kill whomever doesnt cheer. and god help you if you're the first to stop clapping. they are like stalin.

in the quiet of the arena after josh's performance,a lone voice is heard...

erica: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER,STEVE!!!

she turns beet red when she realizes people werent being loud,so she stood out.

erica: dont stick up for steve. *she glares at the people around her.

erich at first was really into josh's performance. until the end.

erich:man,fuck that guy. you arent anyone to be yelling at people.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/05/2017(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#80 Posted : 14 May 2017 06:52:49(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Dominic wasn't too thrilled about the idea as he wasn't really in the mood to stay the whole time. "Yeah I guess. I'll be right back. Need something to get me through this night."

Amy sighs. "Ok baby if you really wanna go we can, but I hope your talking about a drink because I need one too"
UserPostedImage