logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#41 Posted : 13 June 2009 07:10:15(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you bikz. I think palm readings is simply superstition, which i dont believe in. However, i agree that Wicca deserves as much respect as any other religeon.
Offline Raphaela  
#42 Posted : 13 June 2009 07:26:36(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I find the whole Wicca concept much more interesting than Christianity.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline bikz  
#43 Posted : 13 June 2009 07:33:28(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
As utterly farcical as Wicca is, it is nothing remotely like Satan worship. It is just some very silly nonsense started less than 100 years ago in the UK, and is all neo-Pagan daftness. Not in the least part dark or sinister, they see themselves as "white witches", it's all very nice and is good for selling candles and dream-catchers to new-age twits I guess, but it's got none of the good ol' blood and guts of proper monothiestic religions.

Just a few notes on this -
1. How long ago a religion was started doesn't make a difference.
2. The term "white witch" meaning "good witch" is irritating and stupid. I'm only a white witch because I am Caucasian and Wiccan, two completely different things.
3. Instead of a dreamcatcher, I chose to own a very large pirate-style skull and crossbones door sign with the words "SOD OFF" on it. Much more effective! (:

If you don't like Wicca or religion as concepts then fine. It's when someone dislikes or mistreats a person, or group of people, for being religious that I can't stick.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline old.gregg  
#44 Posted : 13 June 2009 08:48:17(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
bikz wrote:
forkboy wrote:
As utterly farcical as Wicca is, it is nothing remotely like Satan worship. It is just some very silly nonsense started less than 100 years ago in the UK, and is all neo-Pagan daftness. Not in the least part dark or sinister, they see themselves as "white witches", it's all very nice and is good for selling candles and dream-catchers to new-age twits I guess, but it's got none of the good ol' blood and guts of proper monothiestic religions.

2. The term "white witch" meaning "good witch" is irritating and stupid. I'm only a white witch because I am Caucasian and Wiccan, two completely different things.
3. Instead of a dreamcatcher, I chose to own a very large pirate-style skull and crossbones door sign with the words "SOD OFF" on it. Much more effective! (:

If you don't like Wicca or religion as concepts then fine. It's when someone dislikes or mistreats a person, or group of people, for being religious that I can't stick.

I thought you were a new testament Christian, Bikz?
-
Offline bikz  
#45 Posted : 13 June 2009 09:12:04(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
I thought you were a new testament Christian, Bikz?

I tried it out, and gave it a good trial. But I couldn't stick a lot of the Christian ideals.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline tension101  
#46 Posted : 13 June 2009 09:34:16(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have mixed beliefs. I believe that a god created us, but not the god as we see. I dont beleive in, "heaven," exactly, but some kind of afterlife. Like, if we make good decisions throughout our life, (having NOTHING to do with being gay/lesbian/bi, or having any kind of religion, JUST if you make good decisions) you go your own personal afterlife. Sort of like a utpoia designed especially for you. (and here's where it starts to get a bit wierd, but this is what I believe) If someone who is close to you as family or a friend, you can visit their, "utopia," if you will.

However, I also believe that if you make Bad decisions, you will go to a place of eternal darkness, and behaunted by what you did for eternity. (which MAY be like what christians believe in with hell)

Now as for other religions, I'm gonna go ahead with the statement that your religion has connection from where you grow up and what your parents believe. my parents, for example, are devout christains, and I believed in christianity till I was 13, and started getting smarter and questioning things about the bible. If your parents were scientists, you may believe in scientology as opposed to christianity or any other religion.

These are just my beliefs, I don't really care about who or what religion doesn't agree with me. SHOOT! say what you want! I don't care! :D
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline forkboy  
#47 Posted : 13 June 2009 10:32:16(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
bikz wrote:
forkboy wrote:

I was making blanket generalisations.

I don't have a problem with most religious people, I mean if you think your life is that hollow then that's fine, whatever makes you happy. So long as religious wackjobs don't start trying to ruin shit for everyone else, be it Jews in Palestine, Muslims in Iran, Christians in America, Hindus in India or so-called Buddhists in Sri Lanka, I don't give a shit if they choose the path of ignorance.

But I will treat people who feel that need to believe with a degree of contempt as is my right to do so because I think believing in thinks that have no evidence is utterly bizarre.
Offline Lepelbos  
#48 Posted : 14 June 2009 11:10:03(UTC)
Lepelbos

So...all you people who believe in God. My question is: are Allah and God the same? God had a son and Allah not. I dont say it. Muslims and Christians say it. I personaly dont believe in a God.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#49 Posted : 14 June 2009 11:16:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Lepelbos wrote:
So...all you people who believe in God. My question is: are Allah and God the same? God had a son and Allah not. I dont say it. Muslims and Christians say it. I personaly dont believe in a God.

A Muslim would say Allah is God, and the Christian's are wrong about him. A Christian would say Allah is a false God.

Truth be told almost all monotheists worship the same deity in different clothes.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#50 Posted : 15 June 2009 01:20:45(UTC)
Lepelbos

Gildermershina wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

A Muslim would say Allah is God, and the Christian's are wrong about him. A Christian would say Allah is a false God.

Truth be told almost all monotheists worship the same deity in different clothes.

But still if both partys claim they have their own God, we have still two Gods. Becouse they both claim he/she/it exists. Both say there is one true God and one false God. The point is not that a god has different clothes, as you say it, but that one has/had a son and the other not. But if you ask me, i will say that mankind created God.
By the way I always ask people who created God. No one can answer me that. Its a believe people say.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#51 Posted : 15 June 2009 01:57:00(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Lepelbos wrote:
But still if both partys claim they have their own God, we have still two Gods. Becouse they both claim he/she/it exists. Both say there is one true God and one false God. The point is not that a god has different clothes, as you say it, but that one has/had a son and the other not. But if you ask me, i will say that mankind created God.
By the way I always ask people who created God. No one can answer me that. Its a believe people say.

Jesus was believed by Muslims to be a prophet, who was not true about claims of being the son of God, or else that he did not even make those claims. I'm not completely certain which it is. They are the same God. The three Abrahamic religions worship the same God. They are all based on the Torah. It's not complex.

And well done on that deep philosophical question chief. Can't believe nobody ever came up with that one bef....wait a minute! We were asked to think about that one in 2nd year RE. It works in a kind of the same way that "how can the universe come from nothing into something?"
Offline The Nimrods  
#52 Posted : 15 June 2009 07:14:19(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

Jesus was believed by Muslims to be a prophet, who was not true about claims of being the son of God, or else that he did not even make those claims. I'm not completely certain which it is. They are the same God. The three Abrahamic religions worship the same God. They are all based on the Torah. It's not complex.

And well done on that deep philosophical question chief. Can't believe nobody ever came up with that one bef....wait a minute! We were asked to think about that one in 2nd year RE. It works in a kind of the same way that "how can the universe come from nothing into something?"

Actually the Qauran is based off of Psalms which aren't in the Torah.But yeah basically you're right.Muslims believe Jesus said he was "Of God" which all prophets are,created with some divine energy given to them by God, basically small medium of his being, or at least that's what I've been told.Muslims also believe Jesus was resurrected with his divine power from God.Apparently Jesus wasn't even trying to make a new religion, he was trying to re work Judaism, I don't think in the bibe he told anyone to worship him.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Milady Vespers  
#53 Posted : 16 June 2015 09:09:49(UTC)
Milady Vespers

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My own personal view ( keep. in mind idgaf if this offends anybody, to each their own belief) is that I consider myself an agnostic panentheist naturalist..