logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 30 July 2022 19:34:38(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Falling Into Place
Genre(s): Indie-Pop, Indie-Rock, Europop, Pop, R&B, Alternative Pop
Length: 42:11
Label: Ruff Round Records
Written By: Malik Jarvez, LoveChild
Release Date: August 8th 2022
Produced By: Michael Angelo, Winterlude, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb, Fredrik Sonefors, Martin Bjelke, Mr DJ Hurricane
Singles Released: I Got It Now (#2), Ex In My Bed (#1), Makes You Loney (Never Give Up) (#4)

“Falling Into Place” is the debut studio album by Puerto-Rican American singer-songwriter/actor Malik Jarvez the album is set for release on August 8th 2022 by Ruff Round Records. The album blends together a variety of different genres showcasing the versatility that Jarvez has a vocalist. All but one of the twelve track on the album were written solely by Malik himself with the exception of track three which was written by songwriter and producer LoveChild, for production Malik turned to many Swedish producers with the likes of Fredrik Sonefors and Martin Bjelke being the two most prominent producers across the entire record. The album has a total run time of forty-two minutes and eleven seconds, the album touches on various topics including love, heartbreak, sex, suicide and manipulation. The album has only one collaboration across the twelve tracks as Malik teams up with his girlfriend Rose Harris. The album was first announced back in October 2021 when Malik burst onto the scene with his debut single “I Got It Now” which proved to be a major success when it peaked at #2 on the singles chart. The 26 year-old quickly followed this single up with his second single from the album “Ex In My Bed” which proved to be an even bigger success than his debut when it peaked at #1 and spend four non-consecutive weeks at the top spot on the charts. Jarvez then took a short break before comping back with his latest single offering in the form of the more rock oriented “Make You Lonely (Never Give Up). Though this single has yet to chart it is set to be another huge success in Malik’s ever growing discography.

Critical reception for the album has been mostly postive 4Music’s Gemma Emerson gave the album a positive review stating. That opening the album with his debut single “I Got It Now” is a smart and clever move as it not only is familiar but has that kick that will make you wanna listen on to the rest of the the tracks to come”. Andrew Fabian wrote in his review of the album. “Okay come through Malik Jarvez, this is a strong debut it has a fantastic blend of genres, doesn’t just sit on the usual topics within its lyrical content all the time, sure there are songs about sex but it’s not a running theme and that in this day and age is quite refreshing, there’s some dark content nestled in there, fantastic job Malik!” He finished his review marking the album 9/10. Jessica Malone wrote in her review. “This album was a joy to listen to, for me the standout track had to be the track “Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up”, which of course is the latest single I just feel like his voice really suites the more rock edgy vibe that the track brings not to say any of the other tracks are bad because they are really not, top notch album from start to finish, another track of note for me is “Be Your Own Man”, absolutely loved this slow ballad clearly written as a sort of ode to his son Micah it’s just such an adorable song”. Though most reviews have been postive there have been some less favourable reviews like the review from Mark Jefferson who wrote. “Is Malik a one trick pony, no his proven that is this album a good debut…it’s alright it has some really strong tracks but overall I feel like there’s just so much more he could of given us, I personally feel like Malik’s a rocker at heart this pop stuff just seems almost forced on him at times his debut had a folky rock edge as does his new single but there’s so much pop and dance on this album that those stellar tracks get lost in the shuffle of generic pop dribble that is most of the album, I loved his debut single, wasn’t a fan of his second single, he deeemed himself with his new album only for me to be once again disappointed by his album as a whole, hopefully his fans will make it a success so that I can hold out for his second album being a better offering!” Nancy Erickson also wrote a less favourable review. “Don’t get me wrong the album is pretty dang good for a debut but I feel like something is missing, it has a bit of everything and that is not such a bad thing but the track “Be Your Own Man” is just so cringe like we get it you’ll always there for your son by my god boring…”

Malik’s comments on making the album
Quote:
Ah it’s finally time, time to put that debut album out there am I nervous heck yes, am I scared it’s going flop and fall flat on it ass of course I am but I honestly have worked so hard on this record, for me “Falling Into Place” is an album that really has summed up my life over the last 26 years on this plant and now I am sharing that with you, I never imagined myself as a singer I didn’t even know I had a good voice until Lexi Marie Taylor pointed it out, so you have her to thank for me even releasing this album, the writing process for me at times was easy and at times it was hard…some track were written within a few minutes others took literally months to write, craft and perfect. I truly feel that this album showcases who I want to be as an artist, I don’t want to be that plain Jane who is trying to fit into the mould, my music taste when listening to music varies and so does the music I make I want to showcase my voice within different genres, different topics because to me that has been and is the most fun part of creating music is getting to experiment and try out different styles, if I could describe my music or sound it would be unorthodox, edgy, creative and unique pop with shades of rock music in there too, so guys I hope you enjoy this record as much as I enjoyed creating the record, peace out Malik.

TRACKLIST:
1. I Got It Now
2. Falling Into Place
3. Loving You ft Rose Harris
4. Be Your Own Man
5. Better With You
6. Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up)
7. Mend Your Broken Heart
8. Ex In My Bed
9. Little Miss America
10. Puppet Master
11. Take The Risk
12. Darkest Side Of Life

Edited by user 01 September 2022 03:55:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/07/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/07/2022(UTC), kandii on 31/07/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 05/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2 Posted : 02 August 2022 11:31:05(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: I Got It Now
Genre: Pop, Pop-Rock
Release Date: November 30th 2021
Length: 3:23
Label: Independent
Written By: Malik Jarvez
Produced By: Peter Hammerton, Pontus Persson
Taken From: TBA

"I Got It Now" is the first official single by Puerto Rican-American singer Malik Jarvez, the 25 year-old has been quietly working on his music over the past year. Not a whole lot is known about this young man other than he was once married to famous model Ally Hanson with whom he has a 4 year-old son, he was also briefly linked to fellow singer Lexi Marie Taylor, but other than his dating past the guy is very ominous but with the release of this song his public profile will likely increase. ”I Got It Now” was written by Malik Jarvez and comes in at a total runtime of three minutes and two seconds. For production the 25 year-old turned to the faithful Sweeds as the track was produced by Swedish producers Peter Hammerton and Pontus Persson, whom are both renowned in Sweden for creating some of the best pop music in the past decade. ”I Got It Now” will be released independently across all major platforms on November 30th 2021. Lyrically the song talks about finally making it in whatever context the listener of the song takes it in, which is quiet fitting as a debut single as this could very well make Malik “make it” as a serious singer.

The overall sound of the song is heavily influenced by the two producers of the track as it is a full on pop rock bop, however sources close to Malik claim that the singer typically has a more alternative pop sound so perhaps the 25 year-old wanted make and release a more commercial and radio friendly song first as his debut and introduction into the music industry after all he is competing with some very big names at the moment. It is unclear weather this will be the 25 year-olds only release as no word yet has been made on weather an album or EP is coming but with Jarvez claiming to have been working on music over this past year during lockdown we can’t imagine or see why a full album isn’t on the way from the young man.

Critically the song has received mixed reviews from critics Lacy Adams of PopCrush wrote in her article. “What can I say about this debut offering, it’s pretty good but can he really sing as well as this track indicates or is studio magic at work, I’ll need to hear him live before I can make a fair judgement”. Johnathan Willis of Rolling Stone wrote “This 25 year-old has come out of nowhere with a pretty decent bop, is it the strongest song of 2021 probably not but if this is any indication of what we can expect from Jarvez in 2022 then color me excited”. Marsha Peters of Idolator gave a less favourable review giving it a 2/10 saying “At 25 years-old I’d have expected something more creative this sounds like a throw away song from any of the big boys out there in the pop world as a debut it is very lackluster, he will need to be much more creative in any follow up music to be a mainstay”. Jackson Shaw of AllMusic wrote in his article. “This guy looks like a rocker but sings pop, color me confused that aside his raspy voice makes this song stand out, lyrically I think is where the song is strongest, not that I am faulting the producers but lyrically Malik clearly knows how to write killer tracks.” Jessica Cara of Digital Spy wrote that “the song has potential to blow up on radio, it would also make a cracking Eurovision entry”. One of the best reviews came from DeLuca Jones of Metacritic wrote “For a debut this offering is catchy enough to get peoples attention, it’s also a bop about a postive topic and that we can get behind, overall cracking effort for a debut outing”. He ended his review giving the track a 7/10.

———

Bouncing back cause you know I'm coming through
Glowing up real high can't ever lose
I'm going world-wide gonna be on the news
Imma be a star ain't no excuse
This beats so upbeat takin' away depressin' blues

Now imma be a star in just a flash
Ain't gonna take it back
All these dubs and goals ain't gonna lose one
Aye, I got it now, yeah I got it now (yeah! yeah! yeah!)

Living with my true people
Making me smile everyday
I don't feed on the nasty the haters say
And I'm going places with just this one way
And my biggest flex is never letting go
Weather I was dealing with fire
Or dealing with winter snow
I just let it flow like woah
I'm the goat you already know
And I'm icy like a snow cone

Aye, I got it now, yeah I got it now (yeah! Yeah! Yeah!)
I got it now

I got it now I got it together
No matter sunny or chilly weather
And every day I just try to get better
And it's just so hard
When you got all of this pressure

This beats so upbeat takin' away depressin' blues

Ain't gonna take it back

And I got it now can't ever make a frown
I don't let it take me down
I can't stop now
Living how I want now
And I just say wow
My styles in fashion
All this just takes some passion

I bounced back as hard as I can
And now everyone says
"Wow! I knew you can!"
Yeah, got my new clan
But this is just the start
Of my game plan

Glowing up real high can't ever lose (Can't ever lose)
I'm going world-wide gonna be on the news (They want me in the news)
Aye, I got it now, yeah I got it now (I got it now, I got it now, oh woah)
I got it now

(Yeah)
(Yeah you know it is)
(Ohhhh, woah, yeah)

Bouncing back cause you know I'm coming through (I'm comin' through)
This beats so upbeat takin' away depressin' blues (depressin' blues)

Ain't gonna take it back (ain't no taking it back)
I got it now

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 02/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 05/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 02 August 2022 12:11:29(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Falling Into Place
Length: 3:14
Genre(s): Pop, Alternative Pop, Dance-Pop
Produced By: Fredrik Sonefors, Martin Bjelke

“Falling Into Place” is the second track on Malik Jarvez’ debut studio album of the same name. The song was written by Malik himself and is about the struggles of life and not falling into the grip and depths of depression. Production for the song was handled once again by Fredrik Sonefors and Martin Bjelke whom have produced a large portion of the 26 year-olds debut album. They were also the masterminds behind Malik’s #1 single “Ex In My Bed”.

Musically the track has a similar vibe to that of his debut single “I Got It Now” which opened the album. It has a pop sound overall however out of all 12 tracks on the album this track has the most commercially pop/dance sound lending to many of the critics claiming that this song is one of there weakest if not the weakest track across the entire album, the song has a total run time of three minutes and fourteen seconds making it also one of the shorter track across the album.

Malik wrote:
So here it is track number two, this song comes from a time in my life a fair few years back, I was about 17/18 and like many at that age I was struggling with my mental health and the general stress of life that being that age throws at you…so this track was actually one of the tracks that was first written for the album as I wrote it as a sort of pick me up to myself all those years ago so this song has been written down on paper for many, many years and now I have been able to craft and bring the song to life for you guys, so there you have it track number two is probably the most pop and dancy sounding track you are going to get from me, so pop fans cherish it, edgier pop, rock fans don’t worry there’s more coming for you guys on this album but for now enjoy this one!

Lyrics

Working hard to pay my bills
Whilst getting all up in my feels
Struggling on by day by day
Just to provide for the family
Life is tough, life is rough
But you gotta push though
Hide the scars, put on a face

Falling into place
Like we from outer space
Living our lives on the edge
Be a good boy and take your meds
Falling into place
In this society of dread

Putting on a front to make you happy
Deep down I am dying
Living in fear, praying for happiness
Making memories to last a lifetime
Life is tough, life is rough
Pushing boundaries to make a living

Falling into place
Like we from outer space
Falling into place
In this society of dread

On life support running out of time
Make the last moments count
Cherish them with everything you have left
Take your time don’t rush it
Make them memories
Don’t fade away leaving nothing behind

Falling into place
Like we from outer space
Falling into place
In this society of dread

Falling into place
Like we from outer space
Falling into place
In this society of dread

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
2001clay on 02/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 05/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2022 18:21:41(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Loving You ft. Rose Harris
Genre(s): Synth-Pop, Alternative R&B
Length: 3.29
Written By: Lovechild
Produced By: Mr DJ Hurricane, Lovechild
Taken From: Falling Into Place

“Loving You featuring Rose Harris” is the third track on the album and is the first and only collaboration effort of the album. The song features fellow singer Rose Harris whom also happens to be Malik’s girlfriend the song also marks the only track from the album to not be written by Malik himself…as the song was written by Lovechild, Lovechild also produced producing effort for the track alongside Malik’s label boss Mr DJ Hurricane.

Lyrically the song is about falling in love and of course for Rose and Malik that is exactly the case for the pair as they seem like they really are loved up at the moment, musically the song shifts the album once again in a new direction moving more into the alternative realm with a hint of R&B making it the only track on the album to have an urban vibe.

Malik wrote:
Ah so this is track number three, for me one of my favourites to record for obvious reasons, Rose and I had so much fun making this track together about our love and it shows in the way we deliver this song, sure this song is probably not for everyone and I totally get that, it could come across a bit cringy but hey love sometimes is cringy you can’t help that, Rose also added her own vibe on the track also with that urban vibe that her own music has which was a nice touch, it really shows my versatility as an artist and that for me is great because it broadens my fan base. So that’s it track three hope you guys like it and continue to listen to the song and relate to it!

Lyrics

[Malik:]
I can't believe i'm found love
Right here where we first met
Still in love and I can't shake the feeling
Hope we didn't do it wrong

[Rose:]
I never met someone like you
Our spark is like there is chemistry
Inside of heart

[Both:]
You make me feel so right
Putting final piece together
Don't know where to began yeah
We need to get to know each other
The more we know each other more
The more our relationship get better
I won't be there leaving u
'Cause We been through up & down on the journey

[Chorus:]
Loving you, is like a fairy tales
Imma make you feel, safe 'our love is getting stronger
I'll blow your mind away, away, away
Don't leave me alone, alone, alone
So please just stay

I never knew this love felt real
We've been sleeping in your bed of sex
It's like we're having breakfast in bed
Can't be kiss & tell for nobody

Don't wait me for too damn long
I don't ever wanna miss it
Cause i got something for you
I'll be waiting if ur needed me

[Chorus:]
So please just stay
So please just stay

Let me be the one who can protect you from danger
Your the only reason why i'm here
Is it what we dream about?

You put a move on my heart, 'cause this is what we wanted
Can you feel it on my heart?
This is what it felt like

[Chorus]
So please just stay
So please just stay
So please just stay

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
PANIC! on 05/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 05/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 06/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 06/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 07 August 2022 17:47:03(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Be Your Own Man
Length: 3:28
Genre(s): Pop, Alternative Pop
Produced By: Michael Angelo, Winterlude

“Be Your Own Man”. Is the fourth track from Malik’s debut album. The track was written by Malik himself, the track has been dubbed as an ode to his son Micah. The song was produced by Michael Angelo and Winterlude, who help to craft this ballad into somewhat of a masterpiece, many critics have praised this song for the vocal delivery of the track as well as the production value.

Musically the song takes the album into a slower territory as “Be Your Own Man” is the first ballad to appear on the album bringing the album down into a slower pace, with the track having a slower pace Malik’s vocals can really be shown more during this track and true to the rest of his music so far Malik displays a very raspy tone within his vocal delivery of this song.

Malik wrote:
So here is track number four, which critics have dubbed an ode to my boy Micah and they would be right in that, this track was written about my little boy, like I don’t want him to grow up and just be like me I want him to go out into the world and be unapologetically him, whoever he becomes when he is older I am his dad and no matter what I am gonna be there, it’s that simple and I know there are going to be many parents out there that can relate to this song and might even sing this song to there own children, I had so much fun creating this one I wanted to definitely make sure I included a song like this on my album because Micah is my pride and joy his the best thing to ever happen to me in my life because he gave me purpose in life, now I’ll stop being all soppy and let you enjoy this track!

Lyrics

I don’t want you to fall in line with me
Be yourself is all I ask
Forge your own path
Make your own mark on this world
Dominate the landscape
Make me proud of the boy I raised
Grow up to be you is all I ask of you
We’ll make a man out of you

Be your own man
Just remember that I’m always here
Ready to catch you if you fall
The girls will break your heart
Trust me I know it hurts
You have your moms heart
Follow your dreams
Grow up to be your own man is all I ask

I know there will come a day
You’ll think you won’t need me
But just know that your old man is here for you
I know I’ll catch you misbehaving
Playing around in the liquor cabinet
Causing a lot of trouble
Teenage rebellion
Just remember to always be you
We’ll make a good man out of you

Be your own man
Trust me I know it hurts
You have your moms heart
Follow your dreams

Be your own man
Trust me I know it hurts
You have your moms heart
Follow your dreams

There’s a reason I shaped you
Into the man you are
Now it’s your time to evolve
But there’s no rush to grow up
My boy be a child while it last
Growing up is tough I know but just remember
But just remember to be you
That is all I ask
Be a man, make me proud

Be your own man
Trust me I know it hurts
You have your moms heart
Follow your dreams

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
2001clay on 07/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 08/08/2022(UTC), erich hess on 08/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 13/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 09 August 2022 10:29:53(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Better With You
Length: 3:49
Genre(s): Pop, Alternative Pop

“Better With You” is the fifth track from Malik Jarvez’s debut album the track continues on from the previous track as this track also happens to be a ballad this time about the love of his life which we can only assume is about his current girlfriend Rose Harris. “Better With You” was written by Malik himself and talks about the love of his life and how he just couldn’t imagine being without them, production for the track was handled once again by Fredrik Sonefors and Martin Bjelke the masterminds behind his #1 single “Ex In My Bed”.

Musically the track has a similar vibe and presence to previous track and continues the slow ballad format keeping this section of the album at that slower pace in comparison to the start of the album, the production on this track is slightly quicker than the previous track so could that be an indication that this is the end of the slower pace section of the album.

Malik wrote:
So track five “Better With You” ah this is another one written that is close to my heart, yeah you guys can probably guess this one is about that the beautiful Rose Harris, honestly this track was one of the easiest for me to write it just flowed right onto the page without really having to think about it, guess that is what love does to you and I am sure many men and women can relate this song in one way or another as most of us have been madly in love at one point or another in our lives. So there it is track five “Better With You”.

Lyrics

Every moment with you
Every time you smile at me
Whenever I wake up
I am happy it’s next to you
I never want this feeling to change
Waking up and seeing that smile
It’s a whole new adventure when I am with you
Me and you equals passion

This world is so much better with you
The sun always shine bright upon you
Just the thought of you and I makes me melt
Better with you, it’s better with you

This world has become a paradise
I lay with my eyes wide open just staring at you
Your flawless in every which way
How did I get so lucky
I never want this feeling to change
Promise to always be mine
Me and you equals amazing

This world is just so perfect with you in it
I hope this love we have it never fades
We are like a spark to gasoline
Promise that you’ll never change
Keep that natural beauty you have
Me and you equals family

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
2001clay on 09/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 10/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 13/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#7 Posted : 09 August 2022 19:56:11(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up)
Length: 3:39
Genre(s): Indie-Rock, Indie-Pop, Alternative Pop

“Make You Lonely (Never Give Up)” is the third single by Puerto-Rican American singer Malik Jarvez, it is the follow up to his two hugely successful singles “I Got It Now” and “Ex In My Bed”. “Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up)”. Also serves as the third single to be taken from his debut studio album. “Falling Into Place” which is set for release towards the end of 2022. “Makes You Lonely (Never Gives Up)” follows on the lines of his previous single “Ex In My Bed”. The track was written by Malik Jarvez himself and was produced by Fredrik Sonefors, Martin Bjelke the same two men responsible for the production of his previous single. Musically the track has a more rock sound and vibe than his two prior single so fans are really getting a true insight and understanding of what his album as a whole is likely going to sound like. Lyrically the track discusses the loss of someone special weather that be a lover, a loved one or a friend it is unclear but could be related to all three which makes the track just like his previous singles very relatable.

Upon its release “Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up) received mixed reviews from critics with many of them claiming that despite his last single going to #1 that this track was his most adventurous yet, but also his most non-pop offering so far. Leslie Maxwell for 4Music wrote in her review, “This songs production is gritty and a lot more rock oriented that his previous efforts but I feel like personally looking at him, deep down you know that he has a more rock/indie vibe and has tried to go the pop route to try and get his foot in the door, but this track plays more on his true sound that we could possibly see from a second album from him, if we get one”. Max Allred wrote in his review. “Man this guy is just getting better and better, he can be that hit pop boy and then make it dark and rocky with a track like this one, is there nothing he can’t do, I do fear that this song may not resonate with fans of his last two singles as this is far more on the alternative/rock side rather than a pop sound so could struggle in the charts but if his fans are loyal then he shouldn’t have an issue. Macy Green wrote in her review. “Who commissioned this track sure its has a nice rock vibe but seriously that is all it has going for it, lyrically the song is lackluster, the production is good but not Pop enough for his fans to get it, honestly this could be a blemish on what had been a stellar few hits for this young man. Disappointed by this one”. Jamie for NME wrote. “Ya know what this is first offering I have paid attention to, it’s dark, it’s gritty and has a rock vibe which in my opinion his voice was made for, what is there not to like plus he looks like a rocker at heart and a hot one at that so I am here for this one hopefully he has a few more rock oriented tracks on his album, I am low hoping for a full rock based second album from his young man.”

Lyrics

I wake up again at night
And I can start to cry
I think that fits
But ask me how can that be
Remember times
Remember you
And once I was alone
I knew yes she was thinking of me

That feeling of warmth
I miss that feeling
Because for me there was only one
She was the only one that matters

I wish for the time back
Because you only live once
I'll write this song for you
Because when I think I am lonely
Never give up, no don't give up
Because your life goes on
Nostalgia is good though
Just thinking makes you lonely

I go out and meet people
Everyone was a stranger at one point or another
You never know who will be important
Hope for a happy ending

Miss this warmth
Somehow we are all the same
Looking for the one
Emotions make us get bullied
No matter what you do
Who meets determines the time
and yes I think a lot
But know that someone stays lonely

I wish for the time back
So I'll write this song for you
Nostalgia is good though

I wish for the time back
So I'll write this song for you
Nostalgia is good though

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 09/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 10/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 10/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 13/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 14 August 2022 21:10:21(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Mend Your Broken Heart
Length: 3:44
Genre(s): Indie-Rock, Indie-Pop, Alternative Pop
Produced By: Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad

“Mend Your Broken Heart” is the seventh track from Malik Jarvez’s debut studio album “Falling Into Place”. The track was written by Jarvez himself much like all but one of the tracks on the album, production was handled by Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad for the first time, it also marks his only producer credit found on the album. The song is written about meeting Rose and how she had previously been in a bad relationship where her ex treated her badly that she had trust issues, with Malik trying to fix her heart which he must of done because himself and Rose have been a couple now for a while.

Musically the track follows on from previous track and has a rock vibe however is set at a slower pace, almost going back to a ballad format, could see be a reoccurring theme could Malik keep the rest of the album apart from “Ex In My Bed” at a slower melodic pace or will we see more uptempo track further down the album, guess fans will have to continue listening to find out.

Malik wrote:
So track seven, Mend Your Broken Heart was actually one of the last track I wrote for the entire album in fact this track wasn’t even complete or conceptualised until after I had signed my contract with Ruff round Records, this track is sort of an ode to the most amazing women I know my beautiful girlfriend Rose, her partner really was an asshole and I am out here showing her that not all men are scumbags because there are nice guys like me out there, so I feel like us nice guys can relate to this song and girls can relate to this song also if they have a man who treats them right in there lives, so that is how track seven came about I hope you guys enjoy!

Lyrics

Your ex made it hard to trust men again
But just know that I am not like him
I have respect and morals
He ain’t no man for breaking you down
He was just a little boy
Trying to bat his ball in a man’s world

It’s my time, my time to mend your broken heart
Heal your scars, mend your broken heart
Believe in me I got you
He can’t hurt you now
I have your heart, time to show you love
I have the power to mend your broken heart

Girl I need you to trust me
I can show you the love you deserve
The love of a man
Not the love of a boy just out to play you
I know he hurt you but he was just a kid
Too young to play in the big boys playground

Believe in me I got you
He can’t hurt you now

Heart, heart, heart, heart, heart
Heart, heart, heart, heart, mend your broken heart

Believe in me I got you
He can’t hurt you now

Heart, heart, heart, heart, heart
Heart, heart, heart, heart, mend your broken heart

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
BrownSugar on 14/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 14/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 31/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#9 Posted : 14 August 2022 21:12:35(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Ex In My Bed
Genre(s): Synth-Pop, Alternative
Length: 3.34

“Ex In My Bed” is the second single from Puerto-Rican American singer song-writer Malik Jarvez. The song is the follow up to his hugely successful debut single “I Got It Now” which peaked at number #2 in the charts late last year and is still within the current top 10 of the charts. Malik first teased “Ex In My Bed” at the beginning of the year, the single marks his first official single with Ruff Round Records signing with them following the release of “I Got It Now”. Musically “Ex In My Bed” follows a similar sound to his debut however it has a little bit of a more pop vibe overall. The track is the second to be taken from his debut album “Falling Into Place” which is set for release later this year. “Ex In My Bed” was written by Malik Jarvez and was written about a past relationship and how he just couldn’t help himself hoping back into bed with her, the track has a run time of three minutes and thirty-four seconds. From a production standpoint Malik once again called in the swedes as once again two Swedish producers worked there magic on the track, in the form of Fredrick Sonefors and Martin Bjelke.

Unlike his debut “Ex In My Bed” has received mostly positive reviews from critics. James DeLuca from DigitalSpy wrote in his review. “Must admit I feel like this should of been his big debut hit, not that his debut was bad, but this track is a bop and then some.” Julia Mattews wrote in her review. “Okay okay hold up where did this guy spring from both singles he has dropped so far have been masterpieces, not only is he nice to look at but the boy has pipes for days apparently, another absolutel tune”. Katie Maxwell wrote a less favourable view on the 4Music website. “I just don’t understand the hype this guy seems to be getting like sure the song is okay but is it that groundbreaking it sounds like a throwaway hit that could of been made by literally any one else, his not that creative in my opinion”. Oscar Clarke wrote. “Dang this guy is gonna be huge if his entire album is full of little bops like this one, plus as a guy this song is so relatable from a lyrical standpoint so that’s just another postive in my eyes”. Neil Patrick for NME wrote. “Lyrically this song is not a creative or as strong as his debut but the production value is second to none once again, I could even go as far as saying that this song could be stronger in that sense than his debut offering.” Jasmine Cahill wrote. “Okay come through with another bop, plus isn’t he just a cutie pie…plus so humble but as for the track yet again can’t fault this out of ten I’d give this a solid 8 out of 10.” Harvey Jackson gave a less favourable rating of 2 out 10 on the NME website. “Bland, boring, predictable, recyclable track plain and simple”

MALIK’S TAKE ON “EX IN MY BED”
Quote:
Hey guys it's me Malik here, I honestly can't thank you enough for the support you guys have given me so far with my first single...honestly it has blown my mind that the single has done so well so far, I have so much more coming in 2022 speaking of...I can now reveal that my next single is called "Ex In My Bed", now I know what you guys are thinking this song was written before I fell in love with Rose, it is about my ex and how even after we divorced there where times well...the title of the song kinda says it all but of course now this would never happen because I am a loyal man and loyal boyfriend, but I feel like guys will be able to relate to this song because let's be honest who hasn't got back in bed with there ex even if it was a drunken mistake or not a drunken mistake either way I feel like the song is relatable even too women I'd imagine it's relatable too, I also have another little surprise for you guys I can give you a little sneak peak at the track with a cheeky little preview so I hope you guys like and let me know on twitter @Malik_Jarvez what you think positive or negative I will take it all on board.

EX IN MY BED

Don’t know why I can’t fight the temptation
My head says no, my body always says yes
Falling into old habits, going at it like rabbits
Why am I such a fool for you affection
We are over but I can’t help the flirtation

What is wrong with me
someone please tell me
Why oh why do I keep jumping into bed with my ex
My body keeps ruling over my heart and head
I know this is wrong but I can’t help myself
I can’t fight her wicked eyes
Can’t fight her wicked lies
Ex in my bed, she has that power over me
Ex in my bed, oh yeah we throwing shapes again

Here we go again hating on each other by day
Making love under the moonlight by night
We both know this is wrong, we can’t help ourselves
Why do I fall for your advances, like a fool
You just want me for one thing
No other man can give it to you better
My head and heart must stop letting this happen
But I can’t help the temptation

What is wrong with me
someone please tell me

Need to learn to fight the advances
Stop making me look foolish
Can’t seem to help myself but to play your game
It’s like cat and mouse we go around and round
We both need to move on, what we are doing is wrong
But I can’t fight the feeling of us

What is wrong with me
someone please tell me

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 14/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 31/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#10 Posted : 31 August 2022 07:42:56(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Little Miss America
Length: 3:13
Genre: Pop, Alternative Pop, Synth-Pop
Produced By: Micheal Angelo, Winterlude

“Little Miss America” is the ninth track from the album and continues the uptempo movement on from the previous track. The track was produced by production duo Micheal Angelo and Winterlude whom produced track number four on the album, which was the ballad “Be Your Own Man”. This time the duo opted to produce an uptempo number for the album, the track was written by Malik himself just like most of the album. Lyrically the track is written about a girl whom portrays this all America good girl image in front of cameras and others but behind closed doors has a naughty side. The track has a total runtime of three minutes and thirteen seconds, Malik hasn’t confirmed whom this song is written about it could be about Rose, his ex Lexi Marie Taylor or one of his other romances.

Musically the track follows on nicely from the previous track. “Ex In My Bed”. keeping up with this Pop alternative vibe that seems to Malik’s thing when it comes to his sound on uptempo numbers, his fans will be able to definitely get behind this track especially if they are fans of the singles that he has released so far in his career.

Malik wrote:
Ah track number nine “Little Miss America, or as I like to call it the track where I let out my inner rude boy, I honestly have never written anything quite as direct and explicit but this is the track that seems to be it for me, but I feel like people can still relate to this song, I mean how many girls do you know that play the little Miss innocent card but once you get them alone are the dirtiest, kinkiest girls about am I wrong fellas?, and ladies I am sure can relate this this especially if they are this kinda girl that portrays this image in front of people, this track for me was the hardest to write because writing so explicitly doesn’t come so naturally for me others I am sure it does but for me this one was definitely a hard one no pun intended to write for sure, so I hope you guess enjoy this track and enjoy a slightly naughty side of me!

Lyrics

Pretty little thing bout five foot three
Petite and sweet until she’s in the sheets
That’s where she becomes a freak
Playing it dirty, playing it rough
She likes to be in control
Playing with my joystick, joystick
Before she drops it down low

Little miss America makes me happy
She’s my kinda game to play
Miss America makes it hard, takes it rough
Makes it tough, little miss America has control
This pretty little thing has control of me
Six foot four and I’m on the floor
While she is working her magic
Little miss America makes it tough, takes it rough
miss America makes me explode

Little miss all American girl on camera
So innocent and tame but
She’s a little baddie behind closed doors
Sometimes I take control
Get in-between her legs and freak her
Make her weak, have her quivering
Drop the joystick in rough how she likes
Playing our own personal video game

Playing with my joystick, joystick
Before she drops it down low
Drop the joystick in rough how she likes
Playing our own personal video game

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 31/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 31 August 2022 08:11:02(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Puppet Master
Length: 3:20
Genre(s): Synth-Pop, Euro Pop
Produced By: Mr DJ Hurricane

“Puppet Master” is the tenth track on the album, the track is a Synth-Pop blended with a euro pop track, giving the track a very European vibe which will go over well with his fans in those territories. The track was once again solely written by Malik himself with production handled by his label boss Mr DJ Hurricane, which can only mean that this was o w of the last tracks produced or finished for the album. The track has a total runtime of three minutes and twenty seconds. Lyrically the track has similar theme to his #1 hit “Ex In My Bed” as it has the running theme of being unfaithful to his significant other and feeding them lies just to stay in there good books while playing dirty behind their back.

Not only does the track follow “Ex In My Bed” lyrically but musically the track also follows a similar pattern and sound, with the uptempo beat the way in which Malik delivers the vocals for the track also follow a similar pattern however “Puppet Master” showcases Malik utilising his falsetto vocal range which shows his range a diversity given Malik typically sings with a raspy deep tone.

Malik wrote:
So number ten almost at the end of the album, “Puppet Master” again wasn’t the easiest track to write given the fact I’m a very loyal person but just like with “Ex In My Bed” I had to put myself in the shoes of someone else, I had to come at this track with the mentality of someone who was unfaithful so I had to channel that person and this track came about, I feel like again this is relatable to men and women but for different reasons obviously, for men it’s relatable because well there are men out there that embody the lyrics of this one, and ladies can relate because well some women seem to just attract these kinda guys that just mess them around, so enjoy track ten guys this is “Puppet Master”

Lyrics

Told you lies to save my skin
Kept you sweet with my honeyed words
I don’t blame you if you walk away
Played you like a fool
Used you because I’m afraid of lonely
Played with your heart like a fiddle
I have a hold over you like a ghost in the night

I’m only going to break your heart
Break you heart, smash it into pieces
But for some reason I love it, love it
Love seeing you cry
Call me an asshole, make you my slave
But I love playing you like the puppet master
I am the puppet master of your heart

Told you this and that to not raise attention
Can’t help myself
I get a kick out of playing the game
Keep you sweet and close
So I don’t have to mark my grave and lay in it
Playing the field of love
While you stick by my side
Unaware of the games I play

Love seeing you cry

Puppet master
Puppet master
I am the puppet master
Puppet master
Puppet master
Call me the puppet master

Told you what you wanna hear
Just so I can keep it wet
Making you look foolish for my own gain
Call me a control freak
Controlling you like a boss at your job
Your friends can see the truth
But I am in your head and have the power over you
Like a vampire in the dead of night

Love seeing you cry

Puppet master
Puppet master
I am the puppet master
Puppet master
Puppet master

Puppet master
Puppet master
I am the puppet master
Puppet master
Puppet master

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
BrownSugar on 31/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 31/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 31/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#12 Posted : 01 September 2022 01:56:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Take The Risk
Length: 3:48
Genre(s): Alternative Pop, Synth-Pop
Produced By: Micheal Angelo, Winterlude

Track eleven comes in the form of “Take The Risk” the track continues to keep up with the uptempo track that seems to be ending the album. The track was written once again written solely by Malik himself and talks about taking risks in life even if you are scared of getting burned in the process, Malik once again teamed up with the production duo Micheal Angelo and Winterlude to create a gritty pop/rock blend that Malik has come known for since his debut, the track has a runtime of three minutes and forty-eight seconds making it one of the longest track on the album.

Musically the track has a darker gritty sound and like many of Malik’s tracks floats effortlessly between a blend of pop and rock, the track isn’t a punchy as some of his other tracks but the theme within the lyrics is darker and moody so the instrumental definitely reflects that nicely.

Malik wrote:
So track eleven almost at the end of the album now, what a rollercoaster it has been huh so now we come to….Take The Risk this track is a little darker and more gritty but that is the point I don’t want to be a one trick pony I want my music to spread across different genres and themes this one I feel is very music a track that if you say and read the lyrics you would be like, ya know what I am gonna take his advice I am gonna take the risk and if I crash and burn fuck it, that was how I felt when I first came into the industry when I finally got the courage to release my debut single, this track was definitely the mentality that I had so I have related to this one for sure, so there you have it track number eleven is “Take The Risk”. I hope you guys enjoy!

Lyrics

We might come across a little selfish
We can sometimes seem a little childish
But we aren’t afraid of the unknown
We thrive on the outrageous
We are risking it all for the glory
We aren’t afraid to face the world

We aren’t afraid so challenge yourself
Take the risk, play with the fire
Like a moth to the flame
It’s very dangerous, but we love it
We aren’t afraid so take the risk
Take the risk play with the fire
Take the risk, take the risk

We might come across crazy
We can sometimes come off outrageous
It’s all or nothing
We love to live on the edge
We aren’t afraid to dive into the forsaken lands
We take chances
Nothing every makes us show fear
We are fearless

Like a moth to the flame
Bombs away bombs away
Heading into the unknown
Bombs away, bombs away
Heading into the unknown

Like a moth to the flame

Like a moth to the flame
Bombs away bombs away
Heading into the unknown
Bombs away, bombs away
Heading into the unknown

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/09/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 01/09/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/09/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 01/09/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#13 Posted : 01 September 2022 03:54:28(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Darkest Side Of Life
Length: 3:11
Genre(s): Dance-Pop, Electro-Pop
Produced By: Joy Deb, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad

The twelfth and final track comes in the form of “Darkest Side Of Life”. The song was written by the 26 year-old and was produced by Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad making his second appearance on the album as a producer, the track also has additional production from Swedish producer Joy Deb who makes his first and only appearance as a producer on the album. Lyrically the song discusses being in a negative state of mind and wanting to break free from them but the demons in your head keep you from moving on and being free, this track has a dark theme one of the darkest on the entire album and closes out the album nicely.

Musically the song remains in line with the latter half of the album keeping uptempo despite the theme of the song, the uptempo nature of the song almost makes you forget about the dark meaning of the song and it’s lyrical content, the track has a total runtime of three minutes and eleven seconds so the track is short and sweet but certainly packs a whole lot of punch within those three minutes.

Malik wrote:
So here it is the final track on my debut “Darkest Side Of Life”. This one was a tough one to write, it does come from a very dark place and from a very dark period in my life and is one song written from a truly personal experience and standpoint, I know there will be many people out there just like me, those of us that suffer from anxiety and depression two things I have struggled with in my life for many years, it doesn’t get any easier but this song hopefully reminds you that your not alone, is fame folk are just like you…we are human we go though the same things as you and I feel like this song shows that I am not perfect I have my insecurities and my flaws but I don’t let that define me, neither should any of you, so people enjoy the final track on the album and I cannot wait to hear what you guys think of the album as a whole!

Lyrics

My mind begins to trip
Broken and beaten, tore apart by the demon
Demon in my mind plays havoc with me
Suicidal thoughts creep into my mind
The devils in the details
I just wanna die, or cry trying

I am living on the darkest side of life
Not wanting to take another breath
But it’s time to start anew
I’m tired of living life on the dark side
Tired of life on the darkest side of life

I don’t want to be a failure
But the demon keeps me from shaking them
Outta my mind, life support on speed dial
I can’t go on living
Picking up the pieces of my broken soul
Mind, body and soul trapped in his domain
Trapped in the devils playground

I gotta escape his domain
I gotta escape his playground
I must escape his playground
Let me out of the darkest side of life
Please I beg of you
Get out of my head
Let me out of the darkest side of life

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
2001clay on 01/09/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/09/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 01/09/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#14 Posted : 01 September 2022 04:01:26(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Rose Harris: My BABY!!!!!!! I’m so proud of you and to hear your album is so refreshing to hear!

Slim Money: Yo I just heard your album and that was tight! Keep grinding and don’t stop u feel me?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 01/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#15 Posted : 02 September 2022 13:06:19(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Rose Harris: My BABY!!!!!!! I’m so proud of you and to hear your album is so refreshing to hear!

Malik: Baby I love that you support me so much and you where a big part of this album too, so thank you for being so amazing!

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Slim Money: Yo I just heard your album and that was tight! Keep grinding and don’t stop u feel me?

Malik: Yo thanks man, I am glad you are liking it!

Edited by user 02 September 2022 13:27:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 02/09/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#16 Posted : 04 September 2022 19:45:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Oscar: I was right when I said your album will surprise me. This is a solid record that's equally enjoyable as it is interesting. I love how it weaves different shades and styles of pop and rock. Keeps me on my toes without being too avant garde and jarring. Beautifully blended and crafted selection of songs. You have such a confident voice and seem to have a strong grip on your identity as an artist already. Very impressive debut! You have yourself a true fan, Malik!

OOC: Excellent work here! It's great to see you posting RPs again and it's wonderful to have a full album from you again. I know that it has been quite some time since you've released a full project on here and to also tackle a brand new character simultaneously is very impressive. Congrats on this release! Honestly your best project to date!!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 05/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#17 Posted : 06 September 2022 05:54:39(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Oscar: I was right when I said your album will surprise me. This is a solid record that's equally enjoyable as it is interesting. I love how it weaves different shades and styles of pop and rock. Keeps me on my toes without being too avant garde and jarring. Beautifully blended and crafted selection of songs. You have such a confident voice and seem to have a strong grip on your identity as an artist already. Very impressive debut! You have yourself a true fan, Malik!

OOC: Excellent work here! It's great to see you posting RPs again and it's wonderful to have a full album from you again. I know that it has been quite some time since you've released a full project on here and to also tackle a brand new character simultaneously is very impressive. Congrats on this release! Honestly your best project to date!!

Malik: Oscar my man thank you for the kind words, yeah I feel like the blend of pop and rock just comes naturally to me, I am glad that you enjoyed it man and hope that it resonates with others just like it did with you, really glad that you are enjoying the album!

Ooc - Thanks Sean, you are one of the people who I have spoken to about how hard it was to write this album and actually getting it together so I am glad that it is done and out there, I am honestly proud of how his album has turned out and I am enjoying Malik’s character as a whole, so I have plenty more of Malik to come you’ll probably get sick of him but thank you for the kind words again Sean!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/09/2022(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#18 Posted : 07 September 2022 14:37:32(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: The best thing about a debut album is that you are starting from scratch with little to no expectations, so you have the chance to display yourself however you wish. With "Falling Into Place" you did not stick yourself into one lane given the different sounds and genres that are explored, you can go anywhere from here and it wouldn't feel forced. The lyrics are a balance between personal and relatable to a wider audience. The smash hit "Ex in My Bed" is a great example of that. You created a really strong first impression on your blank canvas and I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

OOC: Welcome back! This is such a strong effort to put out shortly after your return to the forums. Your hard work clearly paid off with this album thread. Both the descriptions and lyrics are some of the best stuff I've read from you.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 07/09/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#19 Posted : 11 September 2022 18:27:12(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: The best thing about a debut album is that you are starting from scratch with little to no expectations, so you have the chance to display yourself however you wish. With "Falling Into Place" you did not stick yourself into one lane given the different sounds and genres that are explored, you can go anywhere from here and it wouldn't feel forced. The lyrics are a balance between personal and relatable to a wider audience. The smash hit "Ex in My Bed" is a great example of that. You created a really strong first impression on your blank canvas and I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

OOC: Welcome back! This is such a strong effort to put out shortly after your return to the forums. Your hard work clearly paid off with this album thread. Both the descriptions and lyrics are some of the best stuff I've read from you.

Malik: Thank you do much dude, hearing this from you, you are one of my own inspiration so the fact you are jamming out and enjoying this album and it’s diversity in sound is honestly so humbling and great to hear!

Ooc - thank you so much!
UserPostedImage