logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2024 00:46:20(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3996 time(s) in 1366 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Evolution
Length: 54:35
Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Indie-Pop, Disco, Nu-Metal, Avant-Pop, Alternative
Label: La Familia
Written By: Amy-Jayne, Melva Griffin, Katie Stephenson
Produced By: Clarence Clarity, Chris Lyon, Danny L Harle, Jonathan Gilmore, Kyle Shearer
Singles From Album: I Don’t Mind (#7), Drove Me Crazy (#1), Selfish (#5)

“Evolution” is the long awaited third studio album by American singer-songwriter Amy-Jayne. The album is the follow up to her 2014 album “Cosmic Love” which was a commercial failure, causing the 33 year-old to be dropped by her former label Titanic Records. Amy later signed with La Famila and released two stand alone single “Strange Love”. Which reached #7 in the charts and “Tik Tok” featuring Cameron Jacobson which became #1 single. However neither of these singles appear on the album. The album was written by Amy-Jayne herself for 9 of the tracks the remainder of the tracks on the album where written by former The Dolls members Melva Griffin and Katie Stephenson respectively. Production for the album was handled by various producers including. Clarence Clarity, Chris Lyon, Danny L Harle, Jonathan Gilmore and Kyle Shearer. Across the 13 tracks the album has a total run time of 54 minutes and 35 seconds.

The album was scrapped, re-written and recorded various over times its years of its production as Amy wanted the album to be her best yet and didn't want to disappoint her fans old and new. The album's original writing and recording process began back in 2016 when the star was now recording as an independent artist when her previous recording contract with Titanic Records was cancelled following the of her second album. Amy later abandoned the album and took time away from writing and recording and the spotlight as a whole to give birth to her second child in 2018. After signing with La Familia the album was picked up and finalized after Amy was happy with it. To datethree singles have released from the album the #1 single "Drove Me Crazy” and two top 10 single “I Don’t Mind” and “Selfish” which charted at #7 and #5 respectively.

The album has received generally favourable reviews from critics. Neil Z. Yeung stated that “Evolution” is "an expertly crafted gem", praising the album for showcasing Amy's powerhouse vocal range as well as her personality. Jason Lipshutz of Billboard noted that it was an "an amazing body of work", with several tracks containing genre Amy isn’t known for which according to Jason was a fresh of fresh air. He highlighted Amy's whistle notes on "Perfect Destination" and concluded that "Hold On (Just Wait)" was a stand out track out of the 13 tracks found on the album. Writing for The Guardian, Michael Cragg praised the album for having an impeccable melodic infrastructure and cited that this is easily Amy's best album to date. Cragg acknowledged that originality was a key priority for Amy and stated that there was "something so fantastic about this album, it’s so infectious and head banging at the same time too". Michael Chaiken of Republican-American wrote that the album had great hooks, comparing it to songs released early in the Amy-Jayne's career. Saeed Saeed noted that every track in Evolution contained "colossal hooks, well written and a little dark side in many tracks", which were accompanied by Amy's killer vocals. He described Amy as Creating a true masterpiece with this album" before concluding that the album was "anything but subtle and that every songs hook slaps you right across the face".

Writing for Spectrum Culture, Jeffrey Davies criticized the overall jumbled sound, is it a pop album, is it a metal album or something in between, in addition to the staggered single releases from the album, stating that "Naked" and "Selfish" were "out of place" in comparison to the rest of the album. However, he commended Jayne's strong vocals and artistic talent for creating a dark eerie feeling as well as bringing back that infectious almost punk sound of the mid 00s , Helena Wadia of Evening Standard wrote that while Amy was skilled at "writing catchy tunes", she criticized the album for its use of "Metal music" and stated that it was way more out there than Amy's previous bodies of work. Nicholas Hautman of Us Weekly noted that the album's tracklist had two distinctive sides one was "more pop-driven and carefree", while other tracks presented a more dark,metal, melodic sound.

EVOLUTION; official tracklist
1. Drove Me Crazy
2. Selfish
3. Screw You
4. Perfect Destination
5. Nobody Compares To You
6. Hold On (Just Wait)
7. Go Home
8. Naked
9. I Feel Alive
10. I Don't Mind
11. Bond
12. Major Night
13. Flirty Eyes

Edited by user 26 August 2024 00:57:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 04/07/2024(UTC), Head South Records on 04/07/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/07/2024(UTC), RadioVine on 15/07/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/07/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2 Posted : 16 July 2024 22:57:16(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Drove Me Crazy
Length: 3.08
Genre(s): Nu metal, Hard rock, Pop, Avant-pop
Label: La Famila
Written By: Amy-Jayne
Produced By: Clarence Clarity, Jonathan Gilmore
Taken From The Album: Evolution

“Drove Me Crazy” is the second single lifted from American singer-songwriter Amy-Jayne’s yet to be released third studio album now rumoured to be called Evolution. The track is the follow up to her hugely successful comeback hit last year “I Don’t Mind” which reached #3 on the charts and saw Amy take a new more experimental direction with her music and “Drove Me Crazy” is know different. “Drove Me Crazy” was written by the 32 year-old herself and was produced by Clarence Clarity alongside Johnathan Gilmore with the former working exclusively with the singer on the entirety of her new album, so with this single and previous single being quite contrasting in sound it showcases the overall direction which her album is likely going to take.

The song showcases an array of genres that we have never seen from the singer before as the song is a Nu Metal, Hard Rock, Pop and Avant-Pop based track which sees the singer showcases her incredible vocal ability, lyrically the song talks about being crazy about a significant other and being somewhat obsessed. The track has a total runtime of just three minutes and eight seconds making it a much short track than the aforementioned lead single. “Drove Me Crazy” will be released worldwide on the 15th of January through La Familia and distributed to all major streaming services.

Critical reception to “Drove Me Crazy” has be mostly negative to mixed with many critics not quite understanding the sound direction taking with this new single. James Mackfall of DigitalSpy wrote in his review. “Okay so single #2, not quite sure about this one if I am honest this might be a bit too far out there for her fans to really get behind, like don’t get me wrong it’s a great song for an already established metal act, but for Amy this just seem so different”. Jenna Graham for NME wrote a favourable review of the track. “Come through Amy let out that inner bad bitch rock star out, this song has such an early Evanescence vibe and I am living for it, do I think it will confuse her fans yes, but will it bring a whole new audience to the singer absolutely and that surely can’t be a bad thing…solid 8/10”. Fabian Jose of Idolator also wrote a less than favourable review. “Colour me confused who’s idea was it to rebrand Amy as a rock/metal singer, I was confused by her last single and this one confuses me even more was this her managements decision or maybe Payton’s decision, this single could definitely be career suicide for Amy just when she was just making a comeback 2/10 for me can’t see this performing well.” Another positive review came from Johnny Carson who wrote in his hugely successful music blog. “Wow strangely I can vibe to this, this actually is catchy and punchy sure it’s totally different from what we are used to hearing but it’s a breath of fresh air to see Amy just enjoying her music and exploring so much with his new record, I STAN it! 9/10”. Gemma Khan also wrote a mixed review to the single. “Is this a great early 2000s sounding metal track absolutely, do I think this screams Amy-Jayne to me, absolutely not she’s known for big upbeat dancy bops and this is just so polar opposite to that, the one saving grace is that killer powerhouse voice that she possesses that still manages to punch through in this song, I’ll give it a 6/10 it’s would of had more success for an already big rock act but could struggle against the rest of Amy’s discography”.

Amy Talks “Drove Me Crazy” wrote:
So single #2 “Drove Me Crazy” I told you guys I was going to shock you with this album and ya girl wasn’t kidding, this honestly was such a fun track to create, it’s so different from anything I have anything I have ever released or recorded in the past and yes this could fail miserably but for me creating music is a form of art and I just wanted to have fun and enjoy myself making this album and this song was definitely one of those tracks, plus who doesn’t have that inner rock chick in them, I also feel like those this song does have a harsh sound to what is normal for me, if you pay attention to the lyrics the song is extremely relatable because who hasn’t been crazy about someone in their life, so single number 2 is out there I hope you enjoy this new side to me!

LYRICS

Now that I got a taste
I think that I'd suffocate
For every second that you aren't by my side
But now I'm stuck at the gate
Of Lucifer's estate

I fell in love with a boy I met in Hell
Thinking about all the things
The way you pull my strings
I love the way you turn me on
He ain't Hades but I'm the Queen
I'd do anything
So that I could take you home

He drove me, drove me crazy, yeahah

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Imma fucking blow all the ashes down
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Imma fucking go crazy for you now

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies

Now that I got a taste
I'm gonna hallucinate
I think I am tripping off your love
Started playing your game
As you got me in a checkmate
Now you are the King and I am the pawn

Thinking about all the things
The way you pull my strings
I love the way you turn me on
You're the King so let me be your Queen
I'd do anything so that we could rule the world

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies

Go crazy for you now
Blow all the ashes down

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 17/07/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 16 July 2024 22:58:16(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Selfish
Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Avant-pop, Electropop
Length: 3:21
Label: La Familia
Produced By: Kyle Shearer, Chris Lyon
Taken From The Album: Evolution

”Selfish” is the third single to be lifted from Amy-Jayne’s third studio album ”Evolution”, the single is the follow up to her hugely successful single ”Drove Me Cry” which gave Amy her third #1 single. ”Selfish” is set for release on March 21st 2024 through La Familia. The track was written by the 33-year-old herself with production being handled by Kyle Shearer and Chris Lyon. The track has a total runtime of three minutes and twenty-one seconds.

The track sees Amy back into the more pop realm but overall still remains in the rock/alternative territory that her previous singles from this era have had. The track discusses being selfish in a relationship but takes it from both sides of the relationship, being that both Amy and her significant other are both being selfish within the relationship, but ultimately leads to Amy thinking that the relationship ultimately is toxic and is not worth fighting for.

Unlike her previous single ”Selfish” has received positive reviews from music critics with many stated that this song is a return to form for the single despite her previous single still topping the charts Emma Barton of NME wrote in her review. “Ok this is much more an Amy track than her last single it's just poppy enough to feel like an Amy track and honestly the melody of this track is fire!” Ben McAdams of digitally wrote in his review which he gave the track a 9/10. “Honestly when her last single hit #1 I was super surprised but it shows she has got one heck of a fan base, this track however definitely has a much more radio friendly sound and my god has she come to slay with this one, from the lyrics to the production this is just too notch.” Erika Maxwell of Idolitor wrote on her review. “Okay this isn't another #1 single I am gonna riot because this track totally deserve to be a #1 hit, this is funky despite the lyrical content and that's what Amy has become known for during this era, honestly this is her best era of her career and that's a feat in itself considering she's now over a decade into her career, this is pop/alternative perfection I am so here for it.” Damien Ross wrote in his 8/10 review. “Damn this era is exploring so many different genres and sounds I am worried this album which these singles have been released from is gonna be a complete clusterfuck, but “Selfish” should have totally have been the lead single because this track is everything and more from from the lyrics to the melody right the way down to her vocal delivery it's just perfection, will it confuse some of her new found fans after her metal infused previous single maybe, but old school Amy fans are gonna eat this up!”

Amy on “Selfish” wrote:
Okay single number three brings me back to a more neutral pop sound but still has a little rock vibe, this track wasn't easy to right…if you couldn't guess by the lyrically content it's about the breakdown and selfish nature of my relationship with Dominic, but I didn't want it to be a sad soppy breakup track, I got together with the producers and decided to make it an upbeat breakup anthem, so that is it guys single three and beware my album is going to start streaming online very soon!

Selfish

We fell in deep, deeper than the ocean,
We rise in sky, higher than the atmosphere,
Our loves ruin, faster than a bullet,
Our mind blank, darker than the night,
You know what we do when we hold hands,
Only the hands hold but not our hearts,

We know what we always sadly do
We torturing us thats what we do
We wants to seperate yes we do

Am I selfish for wanting me time?
Am I selfish for loving me more?
Am I selfish for trying to fix us?
Are you selfish for wanting your time?
Are you selfish for loving me less?
Are you selfish for saying you're lonely?
Guess we both selfish

We float on water, lighter than air,
We fought on the daily, harder than the rain
We lost forever, longer than the Zelda
You know what can we do to survive this,
To survive we need to look at our credentials

We know what we always sadly do
We torturing us thats what we do
We want to seperate yes we do

Guess we both selfish, yuh

So why we're leavin? There's gotta be a reason
So why we're quitting? There's gotta be evidence
You are the fire and I am the gasoline,
We're clearly, not meant together

So who's the selfish, is it one of us?! (yuh, yuh)
So who's the wrong one, is it you or me?! (hm, hm)
No the selfish is the one who is selfish,
We both just trapped by thought that's called selfish

Sel - sel - selfish
Sel - sel - selfish
Sel - sel - selfish
Selfish does not define us,
But what we does define selfish

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Head South Records on 17/07/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/07/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2024 00:04:57(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Screw You
Length: 3:24
Genre(s): Nu Metal, Alternative Pop
Produced By: Clarence Clarity

“Screw You” is the third track on Amy-Jayne’s third studio album, the track was written by the 33 year-old herself and was produced by rock/metal producer Clarence Clarity…similarly to her #1 single and album opener “Screw You” is an aggressive angsty Nu metal and rock thriller with heavy drums and guitars. Lyrically the track discusses tell a man to basically do one in a relationship and get the hell out of her life in a very very aggressive manner, the track keeps with the theme this far as a song about a breakup or love and this is definitely a break up anthem heavy metal style.

Amy wrote:
So track three is “Screw You” this one was written a while ago and was actually intended to be a track for miss Katie Stephenson of The Dolls as she originally sang the demo many years ago and then I turned picked it back up because I wrote it and turned it into what it is you hear today, it is about a certain ex of mine I think we all know probably who and basically I told him to go fuck himself and get out of my life and he did, even up and abandoned his daughter he hasn’t even made the effort to come and see her, so for all the woman out there with deadbeat dads as the fathers of your babies this one is for you, scream this song at them, tell them to go and royally fuck themselves because ladies we deserve better!, so here is track number three “Screw You!”

SCREW YOU

You always make out that your the victim
When really I am the one who is being victimized
You treat me like im worthless and not special
So why should I have to stay in your life anymore
Because all I get from our bond is pain and hurt
Im through with you lies and im done with the game
You mean nothing to me anymore, so get a life

Screw you and your petty games
All you do is hurt the people who are closest to you
But you don't see the destruction that you cause
You make everything a challenge and im sick of it
And I am sick of you and this pathetic ego of yours
So get your act together or I'll be walking out
Screw you and screw us you mean nothing to me

You always try to make out that you care
But really your just laughing at me on the inside
You think your being funny with your jokes
But little do you realize that your jokes become personal
Every time you say im sorry but do you really mean it
No, I didn't think so, so we are done screw you

Screw you, screw you, fucking screw you asshole

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
Head South Records on 08/08/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 11/08/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 26 August 2024 01:17:36(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Perfect Destination
Length: 3:25
Genre(s): R&B, Synth-Pop, Rock
Produced By: Marco Roux

"Perfect Destination" Is the forth track for Amy-Jayne's third studio album. The track is a dark and somewhat haunting track written by Amy and produced by Marco Roux the mastermind producer behind the overall sound of her new album. The track is about being the perfect place for a man to be. The track has a run time of three minutes and twenty-five seconds and is one of the only tracks to showcase Amy's true vocal range and her first song in history to feature whistle notes from the star.

Amy wrote:
Ah track four, Perfect Destination this was a fun one to right…I mean what lady isn’t the perfect destination for a man to be right ladies?, this one is fun and actually one of the more pop sounding records on the album but still has a rock under tone within the production so I hope you guys like it…this is perfect destination!

PERFECT DESTINATION

You give me temptation.
I wanna be your attention.
Just tryin' be your obsession.
Let's forget our nation.
Cause I'm your only perfect destination.

Everytime you knock on the door.
The paradise get shaken of mine.
Even the walls feel the despair, now
And now my cloaks are torn ,baby.
So I appeared naked to you
Lord knows the man you are
Stripped me up from inside an' out.

Is it really all what you want?
Cause' there is no theory
what you an' I really want.
(you an' I really want.)

You gives me temptation.
Let's forget our nation.

The velvet sheets rollin' down the windows.
Wine stained a bit of my pillows.
Tattooed your name in my right hand.
Cause I don't want be your dirty little
One night stand.

Wake up the next day.
You, holding my waist.
Rooms scented like you.
Dress still, painted with last night scene.
Thrown beyond my reach.
But at least we got some feet.

Is it really all what you want?
Cause' there is no theory
what you an' I really want.
(you an' I really want.)

You gives me temptation.
Let's forget our nation.

We may toil around like best buddies.
But only you knows what we are.
World thinks they know us.
But I bet they don't.
And I promise they won't.

Cause,
You give me temptation.
Let's forget our nation.

Isn't me the perfect Destination
You cried for.
Isn't me the perfect Destination,
You thrived for.
You strived for.
You died for.
You cried for.
You thrived for.
You strived for.
You died for
Cause, I am your only perfect destination.

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/08/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 26 August 2024 01:36:55(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Nobody Compares To You
Length: 3:15
Genre(s): Alternative Pop, Pop-Rock
Produced By: Marco Roux

“Nobody Compares To You” is the fifth track on Amy-Jayne’s third studio album and keeps the album in its more commercially friendly lane. The track overall has an alternative pop and pop-rock song with some killer guitar riffs in the production. The track was written by Amy herself and discusses the topic of having a man that doesn’t compare to anyone else in the world. Production for the track was once again handled by Marco Roux who definitely added more of a rock spice to the track than he did on the previous track on the album.

Amy wrote:
”So track five is Nobody Compares To You” this one was written a while back when I thought my boyfriend at the time was the man of my dreams of course as we all know that didn’t end up being the case…but I feel like anyone can relate to this track because I feel like everyone man, woman, non-binary, or trans person can relate to being so madly in love that you think that nobody compares or comes close to the one that they love…so here is Nobody Compares To You!

NOBODY COMPARES TO YOU

I'd rather be alone than be with someone else.
I'd rather tell them all and not keep it to myself.
I wish I could tell you how much I think of you,
But I can't

I only want you
Nobody but you
Cause no one makes me feel the way you do

Baby boy tell me what you want from me
I swear that I'll do anything
Just to show you that I love you
And no one but you
Nobody compares to you
Nobody compares to you
Nobody compares

Every night before I fall asleep I think of you
And every morning that I wake up too
All I want is to have you near me
But you aren't

I only want you
Nobody but you
Cause no one makes me feel the way you do

So baby boy tell me what you want from me
I swear that I'll do anything
Just to show you that I love you
And no one but you
Nobody compares to you
Nobody compares to you
Nobody compares

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
Cerys Nyland on 27/08/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 28/08/2024(UTC)