logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#41 Posted : 25 February 2010 10:01:22(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
That aside, I don't see why this tax would only comes from citizens. And why should people pay for things they see no benefit from? Well the majority of people on health insurance are paying more than they need to pay. If you never get sick, then you see no benefit from the insurance, and you are simply paying for other people's healthcare. Indeed, most people don't need anything near the amount of insurance they pay, which is what the insurers bank on. so you're still paying for something you don't necessarily get a direct benefit from, but others do. So again, what exactly is the difference there?

Having health insurance and never needing it provides more benefits to me than paying into a government run health insurance program and then being told I'm not eligible because my income is too high. I derive more utility from the "peace of mind" I get by at least having the coverage than I do from paying into a program that I am not eligible for.

You wouldn't be ineligible. Everyone would be eligible. The idea is, say you come down with pneumonia, no insurance, then it would just mean you'd be guaranteed treatment regardless.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#42 Posted : 05 March 2010 23:49:59(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline jagg3r  
#43 Posted : 26 March 2010 22:47:01(UTC)
jagg3r

Groups: Registered

My opinion is that you should look at someone like George Bush, Bush, as shown in the film "W", is just one of people and has the peoples ideas. Which is arguably why he got voted in. And look what he did! (The war on terror for example). Now I'm not saying that if the public had more power we would turn into George Bush but all I'm saying is that we need a leader, someone with a vision, not one of the public. When you look at people like Mandela, Ghandi and Martin Luther King, I think it would be safe to say they are not just people from the public.
Offline maximys  
#44 Posted : 23 April 2010 11:52:57(UTC)
maximys

jagg3r wrote:
My opinion is that you should look at someone like George Bush, Bush, as shown in the film "W", is just one of people and has the peoples ideas. Which is arguably why he got voted in. And look what he did! (The war on terror for example). Now I'm not saying that if the public had more power we would turn into George Bush but all I'm saying is that we need a leader, someone with a vision, not one of the public. When you look at people like Mandela, Ghandi and Martin Luther King, I think it would be safe to say they are not just people from the public.

The people your talking about were not politicians. Plus, they were not leaders, but representers.(They did lead people on how to acheive what they wanted.) Leaders tell pepole what to do, but representers support the pepole in doing what the people want to do. The government should represent us, not lead us. We should control the government.
Masters of Destruction the band
Offline forkboy  
#45 Posted : 24 April 2010 02:59:14(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
maximys wrote:
jagg3r wrote:

The people your talking about were not politicians.

Gandhi and Mandela both disagree, what with Gandhi being the most important in the Indian National Congress before independence and Mandela being a leader of the African National Congress both during Apartheid and after it, as well as being the first black president of South Africa.