logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheCDs  
#21 Posted : 03 April 2010 06:35:07(UTC)
TheCDs

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Best Band (2 nominees)

Axiom: 3 albums, 2 EPs, and a whole lot of storylines. In addition to their impressive catalog, including a US #1 album and a UK #3, the band has been active in the community. Whether competing in the Battle of the Bands, organizing the Rock for the World festival, or working with the Jazz All-Stars, Mike and Tim have been working constantly since the formation of Axiom. The music ain't half bad either.

The Jazz All-Stars: Taking some of the best musicians in the biz today, the Jazz All-Stars, brainchild of Tim Dunn, is the premier jazz band in the industry. Combining influences from jazz greats such as John Coltrane, Thelonius Monk, and Miles Davis with a contemporary and polished sound the Jazz All-Stars are bringing jazz back to the forefront. Their debut album, Under a Blue Moon was a critical success, being hailed as the next great thing in jazz music.

Best Newcomer

Axiom Tim Dunn may not be new to the industry but Axiom is. Flying onto the scene in November 2009 they have achieved great commercial and critical success. In addition they have organized a major festival in Rock for the World, lead the Jazz All-Stars, and have made it to the quarterfinals of the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands (and are hoping to move to the semifinals).

Best Album (2 nominees)

Tales of a Wasteland Hero: The sophomore album from Axiom. On Wasteland Hero, Axiom further defined their sound with experiments in blues rock, acoustic rock, and solo piano pieces. The album was a critical and commercial success, reaching #1 in the US and #3 in the UK. It also managed to sell over 1 million copies despite being released in only two regions.

http://www.therockstargame.com/...p;m=52499&#post52499 Album info
http://www.therockstargame.com/...o_album.asp?AlbumID=2621 Sales info

Under a Blue Moon: The Jazz All-Stars debut album was a critical success. Hailed as a great work in modern jazz the album showcases the star studded lineups style and skill. Songs range from standard shuffles to electric swing, latin jazz, fusion, and everything in between. While it may not be a huge commercial success its one of the best albums released this year, just ask any of the several people involved.

http://www.therockstargame.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=4037 Album info

Best Live Act

Axiom: Axiom has been a fan favorite live. From the simply piano and guitar shows to their new stage show complete with a backup band Axiom has been actively performing live. Perhaps there is no greater testament to their live shows than their appearance in the quarterfinals of the DTBotB. Stop by one of the battle of the bands shows to get a taste of this bands penchant for showmanship and style.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline bvgf  
#22 Posted : 03 April 2010 07:19:32(UTC)
bvgf

Groups: Registered
Man

Best Band - CD Of Iton
Best Newcomer - CD Of Iron
Best Album - CD Of Iron(Self-Titled)
Best Single - Anarchy
Best Live Act - CD Of Iron
Best Gig/Tour/Festival - The Tool Set tour(Febuary to June 2010)
Best Personality - Any of the following:

Zachary Barr
Jean-Paul Emanuel
Greg Thompson
Nathan Kangto
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#23 Posted : 03 April 2010 14:48:41(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Best Solo Artist- Tisha has sold over 21 million albums worldwide since 2007. Tisha has also sold over 29 millions singles worldwide. She has just released her new album and has already sold 576,109 copies in 2 weeks.

Best Single- Good Woman Down- This song is Tisha's most inspirational song to date. It also features new music sensation Alicia Lena. The song is Tisha's first single off her new album I AM...BEAUTIFULLY HUMAN.
Shatter To Pieces (Ft.Sexy Star)-Tisha hooked up with Sexy Star to crate this up tempo song. It has reached the Top 40 in all regions, and has sold 728,635 singles sales in just 4 weeks.

Best Album- I AM...BEAUTIFULLY HUMAN- This album is Tisha's most personal album. It tackles the heavy topics of domestic violence, racism, break ups, homosexuality, and love. The album has reached the Top 5 and Top 10 in every region. The two disc album has already sold 576,109 copies in just 2 weeks.

Most Attractive Female
-Tisha has one of the most orginal sense of styles. Her fashion style is always moving forward and is hip. Tisha's beauty is undeniable and fresh.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Laurelles1  
#24 Posted : 03 April 2010 22:04:38(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Well... my votes are in. Hehehe.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#25 Posted : 03 April 2010 22:18:57(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC : It's weird not receiving and counting the votes, and not knowing who the nominees are until just before I post them .... I know I didn't last time either, but it's been me for so long, and I've done the second most (Birdie : 1st-9th; Lewis : 10th-11th; Bikki : 12th-18th [12th-15th & 1st-3rd]; Elliot : 19th-20th [4th-5th]).
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline genocidal king  
#26 Posted : 03 April 2010 23:43:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
My plugs for blood of wecz to come at 5.30 pm when I get back from work, feel like I might be too late :/
UserPostedImage
Offline troymazing  
#27 Posted : 04 April 2010 01:07:18(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Best Solo Artist
Aurora Fortin - with 35,000,000 singles sold and 12,00,000 albums shifted, Aurora has made a major impact in pop music. Her last three albums went #1, and she is currently is on a winning streak for singles, with her last five going #1. She's played in huge stadiums, and entertained people all over the world. She's also given birth to twins and come out of the closet during all of this. Who else could do the same?

Best Artwork
Madison O'Leary - "Ecstasy"
UserPostedImage

Best Album
Aurora Fortin - The Price of Fame
Written solely by Aurora Fortin, The Price of Fame chronicles her life at the top of the pop industry and the things she's gone through. In the time that she created The Price of Fame, she carried twins, came out to the world and found love. What else could she have done? The inspiration is evident in the album, which charted at #1 in Australia/New Zealand, Asia and Europe. It also debuted at #1 on the world charts.

Best Collaboration
Madison O'Leary & Sexy Star - "The Glamour, Glitter & Tears World Tour"

Best Website
Madison O'Leary's official website

Most Attractive Male
Sexy Star

Most Attractive Female
Aurora Fortin

If the award title is blue, the line below it is clickable link.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline genocidal king  
#28 Posted : 04 April 2010 04:00:17(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Best Band - Blood Of Wecz - Blood Of Wecz have been on the go for almost 20 years, releasing 14 albums in that time. Keeping the death metal truly old school, and never bowing to the need for a (ewww) keyboard player, Wecz have brought the sound of "REAL" death metal to crowds around the world for almost two decades. The band almost called it quits late in 2008, when Alex P was fired and Eirik Latvallah quit under intense strain, but they motored on slowly.
And now, in 2010 Blood Of Wecz launched their return bid to the full time market. Recording and touring non-stop, Wecz have already released 2 EP's in 2010, and plan to release their 15th Studio Album next month. The band have also booked a SELL OUT World Tour with such amazing bands as MIND, CHIMERA, BLACK GOLD REIGN, RAINING SUICIDE and more, playing to arenas in all corners of the globe.
Blood of Wecz are back, and are here to stay.

Best Artwork - Blood Of Wecz - Bit of a curveball here, but does artwork have to be CD artwork?? How about the sexy, fallen angels LIMITED EDITION tshirt released by Bloof OF Wecz in 2010, a snazzy piece of work indeed
UserPostedImage

Best Live Act - Blood Of Wecz - See various Delta Tau BOTB threads for more info and RP

Best gig/tour/festival - MANIFEST 2010 - In it's first year, Manifest 2010 will be the first EVER TRSG metal only festival. It will be indoor, and will be played by some of metal's greatest. During the day fans compete at GH and Rock band, or visit band stalls and tattoo tents, and at night...well they just fucking go wild! The festival will be yearly, and we hope to grow it year on year!

Best gig/tour/festival - BLOOD OF WECZ/CHIMERA/MIND - THree of metals biggest hit the UK very fucking hard this June, nuff said!

Also, I know they're not my band, but I give my backing for best newcomer to MIND!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#29 Posted : 04 April 2010 04:19:38(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" I just found out Moquel is a judge, Thanks for the this big chance! He couldnt wait!"
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#30 Posted : 04 April 2010 04:38:59(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
genocidal king wrote:

Also, I know they're not my band, but I give my backing for best newcomer to MIND!!!!

Jason: Thanks dude :)
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bdylan88  
#31 Posted : 04 April 2010 04:48:51(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The Bards would like to nominate Enoch for best band.
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline Paradox  
#32 Posted : 05 April 2010 01:29:07(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Best Band - Insolent Paradox
Best Album - Thoughtcrime see here (post 40)
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Marksy  
#33 Posted : 05 April 2010 02:02:08(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Best Band: The Verdict Is Vengeance - After releasing a small number of singles showing different styles of music, the band began to work on their debut album 'Liberation' on 31st December 2009, which has since sold over 1.5 million copies. The album has both a heavy, and yet soft edge with more details to be found HERE

Best Live Act: The Verdict Is Vengeance - http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3596

Most Attractive Male: Kieran Marks

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#34 Posted : 05 April 2010 02:49:51(UTC)
Moquel

Can you make like a list of the so far noms expect going looking for them thought the threads and postes?
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#35 Posted : 05 April 2010 02:56:09(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Moquel wrote:
Can you make like a list of the so far noms expect going looking for them thought the threads and postes?

OOC : You don't know who's nominated so far, you just make your own decisions based on who you think deserves them, and then PM them to Elliot. You can nominate anyone/anything in TRSG, as long as it's not your own artists and it fits the category, whether they've plugged on here or not.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Moquel  
#36 Posted : 05 April 2010 05:34:57(UTC)
Moquel

Cassie Champan, Agent to Holly Zona will like to nomiatte Holly for the following:

Best Newcomer:
Holly released her debut single, " Dear Holly" which has become a internet sensation hit. With the number one spot on Urban radio stations, Holly single is a calling card for her future music.

Best Attractive Female
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#37 Posted : 05 April 2010 06:54:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
OOC: When do we find out who's performing?
Offline bikz  
#38 Posted : 05 April 2010 07:28:26(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Usually around the start of the second round (in this case, 9/4).
UserPostedImage
Offline gumba  
#39 Posted : 06 April 2010 00:56:54(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Best Band - Definitely Pilot. Numerous bands claim them as an influence, and they've been around years and have got close(ish) but never won this award.

Best Album - Pilot - So Are The Cougars. It was an album that saw Pilot push the envelope and explore some different ways of making songs, nestled nicely between the out and out pop of the majority of their recordings, and the crazy prog of their Allodynia trilogy. It also saw them get angry and make some important statements about the state of the world today. It also spawned 4 hit singles, the rocking Sirens, the beautiful Let The Lovers Come Together, the bizarre Seven Seas, and the epic Faultlines. For more info, look here (posts #17 & 18)

Best Artwork - Pilot - Let The Lovers Come Together

UserPostedImage

Best Live Band - Pilot (obviously)

Check out a live show RP here (Post #27)

Edited by user 06 April 2010 01:01:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline Regan  
#40 Posted : 06 April 2010 12:01:30(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
ooc: Ill have my votes and all that wednesday. on vacation for right now! its spring break for my school. And im AT THE BEACH! im a little tipsy!

Edited by user 06 April 2010 12:05:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18