logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#21 Posted : 17 August 2010 13:23:50(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
for me it was the days of mopsquad records.pete lamont really did something special there.the label had it's own forum that pete ran.big ole asshole was the anti pete with his antipop records.i cant really remember any other labels,but i'm sure they were around.oh, there was wp records.aka white pride records.ran by a guy named mike fern,mike and this guy named syco got into some hellacious fights.

then there was the petering out of things when carl went pay to play.so john faye,christope deckers,and myself toured subways and drank vanilla extract since we lost all our millions.jeany vixen might have been there too...maybe adam winter too.

one of my favorite people was jude duffy.he ran a band called sundays in june.a real nut job who i loved.he really inspired some great things out of people.

when was this? possibly 99 or 2000.rince was mod,and we had one of the most ill tempered admins ever.i forget his name,but i remember he was either in,or was in the israeli army.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Bobby Cairo  
#22 Posted : 17 August 2010 19:36:50(UTC)
Bobby Cairo

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Best year for me was when my first RSG band Furious Reign topped the global charts with our hit single "Tea With Tom Cruise". That was a proud moment, my first #1 single. That was either 2006 or 7. I never really hung out on the forums until I followed Erich here from a now-defunct MMORPG a few months ago.
Offline Rincewind  
#23 Posted : 17 August 2010 20:23:20(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
that was Vus..... erich...

and erm i reckon that was around about 04... some good times and a massive massive RP forum, never really been that big again since..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Raphaela  
#24 Posted : 18 August 2010 10:40:07(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I guess 2008. I had David and Ryland to spend a shitload of time doing nothing but posting on the Dirty Bastard thread haha.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline erich hess  
#25 Posted : 18 August 2010 14:04:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
it was that recent? i swear that was before i was married.i guess you'd know better than i.my memory isnt what it once was.whatever became of vus?
those were some good,good days.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Rincewind  
#26 Posted : 18 August 2010 18:39:32(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Vus went AWOL from the army and ended up being locked in prison at the same time as trying to rest control of the forum from carl..... i think he must hve had a breakdown or something....
interestingly its also the reason why Carl no longer appoints admins to his forums....

yeah i reckon it was 04 because kris was still kicking about and spamming the forums, and i know he died of cancer in 05 or early 06 which means it must of been 03/04..
and im just like:
Offline sharinganerror  
#27 Posted : 18 August 2010 18:55:06(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Probably 08' in it's entirety more-so than late 07' due to my band actually topping the charts and actually being able to roleplay. 09' was a dead year for me on a universal sense for me.

Edited by user 18 August 2010 18:57:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sharinganerror  
#28 Posted : 18 August 2010 18:57:33(UTC)
sharinganerror

Captain Insano wrote:
Mmmm, my favourite year is based on the financial year model meaning from mid 2007 to mid 2008 and even a few months beyond, where I remember the RP community was alive and vibrant with a good spread of users with different styles. Heaps of festivals, record labels (Midnight/Mythic, Eventual Records, Negative Records, Alpha Omega). I wish Lino would return, he was always good for a laugh whether it was intentional or not, my Aussie mates goatboy and Mouj (moooooouj! Come back!!).There was heaps of good users like St Jimmy, Yumi, sav, Preist, Gorloche, Python, Bikz...there are other artists whom the user names I forget (The Seymours, The Jackoffs, Archaic Couture). As far as threads go there were other epic God related threads that just went on and on. Good times

I feel like I should apologize for those God related threads now......
Offline genocidal king  
#29 Posted : 21 August 2010 07:39:02(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Without a doubt 2005 - 2006. There was a million times more activity in RP than there is now, and there were labels which lasted, bands which put real work into stuff, properly arranged festivals, rivalries, a real community...

Now, save for a few, its just a waste of time, one line RPs, bands and other ventures that last like a week two weeks (I include my own recent RP activity in that last criticism btw). Some people try (you and I know who you are), and Im not getting at them, but the majority dont.

Anyhow, back on topic, 2005/6 was the best time, by far.
UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#30 Posted : 21 August 2010 08:05:14(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
The problem with your self-righteous attitude is that there is no "weekly RP limit", there's no competition, it's just fun. And if people enjoy writing six lines then they are having fun and that's all that should fucking matter.

Honestly, I'd RP more often but I find there to be a certain group of people who take it far too seriously, expect everyone to take it as seriously as they do, and dedicate just as much time to it. If I wanted to write something more than "when the mood strikes me" I'd join an efed again because at least you are writing roleplays with a specific aim in mind.
Offline genocidal king  
#31 Posted : 21 August 2010 09:10:22(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

I wouldn't say I take it too seriously at all. As I said in my last post, had you in fact even bothered to read it properly, I am one of the people who I feel have let the section down quite a bit. I dont have a problem in the slightest with people wanting to post little bits of RP just for fun...but I fail to see the fun in writing, once a week, "<Insert band here> has released <insert album/single name here>. The tracks are 1. <track one> 2. <track 2> and 3. <track 3>." They cannot honestly be getting anything out of it. And it just clogs the section up with pish.

All I was saying was that back in those days, it was better, hence why I choose not to RP at all now. There was a community feel, which is entirely vital for an RP section to work, because people interacted and commented on each others work, and some collaborated on each other's RPs to d semake it enjoyable all round. Now, it's, in my opinion, not anywhere near as fun as that.

There is a difference between forming an opinion based on experience and self righteousness.

Edited by user 21 August 2010 09:13:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#32 Posted : 21 August 2010 09:37:25(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Wasn't neccessarily aimed soley at you. But I've gotten a vibe numerous times in the past however long that people don't RP seem to be letting the side down or some such bollocks.
Offline genocidal king  
#33 Posted : 21 August 2010 09:46:17(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Ok, maybe I worded what I meant to say a little wrongly. "Letting the side down" is probably not the right way to put it across. Of course no one is letting anyone down, no one is obligated to anyone else in any way, shape or form. I think Id just like the game side of the forum to have maintained the same community feel it once had.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#34 Posted : 21 August 2010 10:16:57(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

couldn't give a crap about rp, never have, never will.
and im just like:
Offline bikz  
#35 Posted : 26 August 2010 04:47:40(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
2007 baby. I miss the plots we made - intricate destruction with Gemma, the waging of war with Raven, and being a naughty child with Lewis ....
I don't really think that there's any way that we can bring the old ways back, save for emptying the forum into a wheelie bin, SCREAMING VERY LOUDLY, and starting afresh with 'my forum, my rules'. ;)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline rihajarvi  
#36 Posted : 26 August 2010 19:42:18(UTC)
rihajarvi

i really enjoyed the board about the time i first signed up for trsg (second half of 2005?). the rp section was incredible, you had the caulfields, sundays in june, early aneurysm and my freaky valentine, mr. prunce, pink pages, that goth band with long-ass song titles, il pinguini di sera and the athletic dwaries (!) and my all-time favorites bad reputation. 'twas sweet, even though i barely did any roleplaying myself. never really checked out the other boards until later on, but it seemed friendly and tight-knit apart from a couple of bros occasionally hating on st. jimmy.
or maybe not
Offline xNightsidex  
#37 Posted : 27 August 2010 00:32:36(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Skullkrusher. :3