logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#41 Posted : 21 November 2011 00:10:12(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
We're all stuck in the past.

RP is a lot more serious now-a-days, when everyone else is doing it, so do you. My RP's never were set for silly though, and I doubt that I could do that sort of thing if I wanted too. Like you said, everyone is doing great stuff, there's just less people doing stuff at all.

One huge thing is, there is hardly any interaction among users. I mean look at some of the old RP lists of topics. You had tons of labels, all warring it out, you had studios that people hired, you had places to buy instruments from, stuff like that are all gone now. The worst part is, it would be hard to bring it back now anyway, because hardly anyone would use them.

But I guess that goes back to the fact that there's hardly anyone here at all.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
thanks 1 user thanked asdf for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2011(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#42 Posted : 21 November 2011 00:11:41(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Also, that thread was posted like three days after I joined the forums. Before my time my ass. I just didn't participate in that particular conversation. Lol.

Edit: never mind, you just sent me a link to page 5 of the conversation. Here I thought I am thinking I was awesome.

Edited by user 21 November 2011 00:12:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#43 Posted : 21 November 2011 09:33:07(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Captain Insano Go to Quoted Post
I don't mind the current RP group so much...but it can just be incredibly tedious and dull. It seems to have no life. No standout characters/bands that made you chuckle with their RP's and interactions. There are plenty of good RP's going around with people putting in a fair bit of effort with band bios, lyrics, artwork, interveiws etc etc however there are no bands with hair raising shenanigans like Aerospliff or Thunderwolf or MAD. I tried with my bands like The Infidels! to inject a bit of silliness about the place but hardly anyone seemed to care...it was like people were in their own little RP world (which I am guilty of doing at times)

I guess I am stuck in the past but that's how I see it.

You've sorta hit the nail on the head. That's what I want, to be able to put up my RPs and read others' and smile and laugh. I can't work out why I'm such a popular roleplayer now, when my style of RP doesn't fit in the current group at all. I literally find it near impossible to fit into either of the popular RP styles (fast-paced, eg. Twitter, and long-term, eg. album hype - both really tough). But as we know, this place is made out of glue for me.

I'm stuck in the fucking Wayback Machine and WAY more bitter than I let on (I could go on for ages about stuff that's changed from the forum I loved so much). But what can you do, if I'm the minority then so be it.

Edited by user 21 November 2011 09:46:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#44 Posted : 21 November 2011 10:25:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bikz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Captain Insano Go to Quoted Post
I don't mind the current RP group so much...but it can just be incredibly tedious and dull. It seems to have no life. No standout characters/bands that made you chuckle with their RP's and interactions. There are plenty of good RP's going around with people putting in a fair bit of effort with band bios, lyrics, artwork, interveiws etc etc however there are no bands with hair raising shenanigans like Aerospliff or Thunderwolf or MAD. I tried with my bands like The Infidels! to inject a bit of silliness about the place but hardly anyone seemed to care...it was like people were in their own little RP world (which I am guilty of doing at times)

I guess I am stuck in the past but that's how I see it.

You've sorta hit the nail on the head. That's what I want, to be able to put up my RPs and read others' and smile and laugh. I can't work out why I'm such a popular roleplayer now, when my style of RP doesn't fit in the current group at all. I literally find it near impossible to fit into either of the popular RP styles (fast-paced, eg. Twitter, and long-term, eg. album hype - both really tough). But as we know, this place is made out of glue for me.

I'm stuck in the fucking Wayback Machine and WAY more bitter than I let on (I could go on for ages about stuff that's changed from the forum I loved so much). But what can you do, if I'm the minority then so be it.

Amen. But it is what it is, if that's the culture, we have to try to fit in, otherwise we're letting the game get to our heads ;)
Offline Cwlcymro  
#45 Posted : 29 November 2011 06:40:58(UTC)
Cwlcymro

Wow! The Bonfire Thread is alive!!!

Reading it now, I seem to hate the same people now as I did back then! If only the religion thread was around, my oh my did that one get heated!
Offline Rincewind  
#46 Posted : 29 November 2011 08:37:05(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
meh, i hate everyone so no longer need a Bonfire thread...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Mr Neutron  
#47 Posted : 17 December 2011 21:12:11(UTC)
Mr Neutron

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
i'll roleplay when MOP squad returns. that mess in there, now, is mostly undecipherable to my aging mind.
UserPostedImage