logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2024 16:56:23(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Better Than Me
Length: 2:57
Genre(s): Alternative Pop, Synth-Pop
Release Date: 5th January 2024
Label: Independent/Self-Released
Written By: Elyar Black
Produced By: Edwardo Lopez, Sebastian “Sebi” Ashmore
Taken From The Album: Self Reflection

“Better Than Me” is the brand new single by Elyar Black and once again sees the 31 year-old release music entirely independently with no label backing. The single is the second to be lifted from his upcoming second studio album ”Self Reflection” which is scheduled for release later this year. ”Better Than Me” is the follow up to his hugely successful comeback single ”New Perspective” which was released late last year and topped the charts for two consecutive weeks.”Better Than Me” was written by the 31 year-old and was produced once again by Edwardo Lopez and Sebastian “Sebi” Ashmore whom wherealso tthe masterminds behind Elyar’s previous single. The track has a run time of two minutes and fifty-seven seconds making it one of the shortest tracks in Elyar’s discography so far in his career.

”Better Than Me” once again follows Elyar on his journey of self discovery and reflection with the 31 year-old talking about a past relationship and how as much he doesn't like to admit it but his exs new partner is a much better man than he was during the time in their relationship, we can only assume that this track was written about Elyar’s well publicized relationship with Lexi Marie Taylor and how he mistreated her during their on and off again relationship and how her current partner whom we can only assume is in reference to Beau Elliott treats her better. So once again just like with ”New Persective” ”Better Than Me” once again shows a more honest and vulnerable side to the 31 year-old.

Critical reception for ”Better Than Me” has been mixed to mostly positive with Erica Blackman writing in her review. “Ah after his comeback last year I couldn't wait for more new and I haven't been disappointed this is another stellar track from the younger Black brother and once again shows his only human”. Jessica Maxwell wrote a less than favourable review writing “Finally Elyar is being honest and showing the world his true colors, I always knew he was an asshole and this track in my eyes proves that, props to him for confirming it though I guess”. Daniel Garcia of NME gave the track a score of 8.5/10 in his review. “Regardless of if this track paints Elyar in a not-so-nice light the track itself is a bop that can't be denied, another fabulous track from what is shaping up to be a great album!”. Taylor Erikson wrote in her review giving the track a 6/10. “Its a decent track actually I feel like it will go over well with his fanbase that he already has but lyrically doesn't paint him in the best image but maybe that was the point?”. Esmee Colland wrote in her review. “Showing his true colors and admitting he messed up that takes serious guts so in reality we should be praising him for that, as for the track itself once again is produced so well, Elyar definitely knows his limitations as a vocals and sticks to where his vocals shine so you can't fault that”. Jenna Cladwell of Digital Spy wrote in her review. “This is such an open and honest track, definitely would make any girl cautious to date the 31-year-old but as a track as a whole it is an upbeat bop and masks the overall negativity of the lyrically content well, I could see this track doing well as a whole package.” she gave the song a 7/10. Cian James wrote in his review of the track. “As a whole package this song is so well produced but it does unfortunately showcase Elyar’s vocal limitations but when you look like he does who cares if he has the greatest singing voice or not am I right?…this track also is very open and honest which is rare in this day and age…Elyar certainly won't be landing many chicks with this track but perhaps that was the point, everyone has their flaws and maybe now he has matured and realised his mistakes and come out of it a better man, overall though another top tune from the guy that cannot be denied.”

Elyar’s thoughts on “Better Than Me” wrote:

“So single number #2 is a track that wasn't easy to write that's for sure, opening up and admitting you fucked up is not an easy thing to do but I feel like it was necessary to heal and learn from my past mistakes…I wasn’t the greatest boyfriend back in the day though physically I would never lay my hands on a woman, mentally for years I did mess with Lexi’s head and she thought I was a great guy because of that when in reality I probably wasn't at the time. Then Beau came along and she realized and had her eyes opened that I wasn't that great of a guy, sure I could satisfy her in the bedroom but outside of that we argued a lot and our relationship was toxic for the majority of it, I wasn't the most faithful I can hold my hands up and admit that and this song shows that, for me this song is for all the ladies out there that have been in a toxic relationship with a man and its also for the lads whom need to realized that they can't win if they treated a woman this way. like I said this wasn't easy to write it wasn't easy to expose my flaws but I was young and stupid in the time period this song is about and now I am 31…almost 32 years old I can admit that I have matured and grown up noticed those flaws and worked on them and worked on myself to be a better version of myself so I hope people who listen to this don't listen and think I am still that same person because I am not.”

“I firstly want to thank Lexi without her this track never would have come about and also Beau, now I know he and I haven't had the best track record but can't fault the guy in all honesty his actually a decent guy who's extremely misunderstood of course I need to thank the producers once again they have worked wonders and made this track what it is and I can't thank them enough for the vibe they created for this track which wasn't easy given the lyrically content. So that's it guys I hope you enjoy the track and don't judge me to harshly!”

BETTER THAN ME

All the time spend chasing my dream
Focusing solely on me, myself and I
When in reality I should of been focusing on the two of us
Not a day go by that I don’t live with regrets
For all the times I messed with your head
I get that I played with your emotions
Turned you into a narcissist bitch with no cognitive function
Then he came along and changed the game
God damn it drove me insane

It’s taking me years to realise
That’s his a better man than me
I treated you like a puppet in my own sick circus
Yet he treated you like a Queen made you feel worthy
I understand now why you couldn’t let him go
His better than me in every which way
Even though that pains me to say
He lead you to a life that’s stable
For that I should be thankful
Better than me, better than me
Though it pains me to say

I made your life hell for the best part of 10 years
Thought I was a king balling it like I’m in Buckingham Palace
Hurting you with my harsh word
Selling your soul to the devil
Just to make things work
Made you fall for my charms
When really it was just doing harm
Karmas a bitch, now I know it’s true
So many years I fucked with you
Making you believe my love with pure
But really I just made your life a god damn bore

His better than me, better than me
Better than me, god damn it his better than me
His better than me, oh so better than me
Better than me, fuck this his better than me
Better than me, better than me, better than me

Feeling like I have lost touch with my humanity
Driving you to total crazy levels of insanity
Wrecking your mind with my sick twisted games
Making you play sides, hoping to win the game
He and I are one and the same
Except his the one keeping you sane
Forgive me father for I have sinned
30 years of life and I still have nothing
All those years wasted being immature
For fuck sake why was I such a man whore
You didn’t deserve any of this
Forgive me for all the I have done
Except his the one that’s won

His better than me, better than me
Better than me, god damn it his better than me
His better than me, oh so better than me
Better than me, fuck this his better than me
Better than me, better than me, better than me

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 05/01/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 06/01/2024(UTC), JohnnyZombie on 06/01/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 06/01/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 06/01/2024(UTC), erich hess on 15/01/2024(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2024 03:09:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 7597 post(s)
Beau: Hard agree

OOC: Another great release for Elyar. Always nice to have you back around and active on the forum! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 07/01/2024(UTC)
Online 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2024 09:40:16(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3544 time(s) in 1268 post(s)
Liam Russell: I kept listening to your song like 2 times cause i was like hold up is this him? This song is the one man like i see you
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 10/01/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 11 January 2024 00:07:08(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Beau: Hard agree

OOC: Another great release for Elyar. Always nice to have you back around and active on the forum! :)

Elyar: Definitely agree mate, like I said you are extremely misunderstood!

Ooc - thanks I have had a lot of stuff just sitting on my computer hopefully with the activity picking up there will be more to come

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Liam Russell: I kept listening to your song like 2 times cause i was like hold up is this him? This song is the one man like I see you

Elyar: Thanks man, yeah I know the vibe is totally different from my usual stuff but I guess that was the point but glad you like it, dude.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/01/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 16 January 2024 21:19:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8574 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Maliah: Elyar, you totally caught me off guard with this track. I think the opening verse is one of the strongest pop intro's I've heard in a very long time. It feels like a super raw and honest song and in 2024 I think we should all be trying to be a little self-reflective and honest with our own past mistakes. Truly though, you totally fuckin' got me with this track, honesty is such a beautiful trait to see showcased in a track like this. Great job on this track!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 17/01/2024(UTC)