logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2024 08:30:31(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 7597 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: The Zone
Title: HYSTERIA
Genre(s): Pop, Nu Disco, House, Synthpop, Electropop, Funky House
Length: 32:40
Writers: C. Adams, L. Allen, C. Hudson, J. Ochoa-Steele, K. Ochoa-Steele, T. Sanders, O. Washington, B. Williams
Producers: makesh1ft, Leland, Alec Kraus, Damini, Rio Sosa
Format(s): CD, Vinyl, Cassette, Digital Download, Streaming
Label: Big Diamond Records
Singles Released: Guess It's True (#1), HYSTERIA (TBA)

HYSTERIA is the second studio album from American boy band The Zone, slated to be released by Big Diamond Records on January 31, 2024. It marks their first studio album in just over a decade, following "The High Life" in 2013. Work on a sophomore album initially started in 2014, with the group acting as a trio following Chris Adams' initial departure. The project was aborted due to the underperformance of the leading single, however. In 2021, the band reformed in their original line-up and work on a new project commenced over a two-year period. "HYSTERIA" was preceded by the release of two singles, "Guess It's True", which went on to become the band's first ever #1 single, and the album's title-track which was released alongside the pre-order of the full project. Primarily a pop record, it also incorporates elements of House, Dance and Nu Disco. "HYSTERIA" features production from an array of European DJs and producers. The Zone serve as executive producers on the album.

BACKGROUND & DEVELOPMENT

The Zone rose to prominence in 2012 amidst the "teen pop boom" of the early 2010s, entering the charts alongside the likes of Weekend, SYNCO, Mandy Williams, Chloe, Andrea, and Austin Nimmo to name but a few. The Zone released their debut single "Nothing They Can Say" in September 2012 to immediate support and acclaim, entering the Chart Heat Top 10 and peaking at #8. The band continued to promote and expand their brand, becoming support acts for Weekend and Isabel's tours, respectively. Three more singles followed in the forms of; "Make Up", "Beautiful in Every Way", and "Give Me a Try", the latter two also becoming Top 10 hits. Their anticipated debut album, "The High Life", was released to commercial success. The album peaked at #4 on Chart Heat Albums and is currently certified Double Platinum. The Zone continued a busy schedule of touring both as a supporting act and also going on to headline their own tour, "The High Life Tour", which ran from 2013 to 2014.

The group immediately began work on their second studio album after the successful release of their debut, pencilling in sessions amidst their tour. 2014 saw the beginning of public backlash and negative media attention for the group following Blake's split from Dustyn Blue-Conners. Scrutiny and intrusion was only amplified as the break-up came shortly after The Zone signed a new deal with Weekend's own label, Five Pesky Kids. Reports of infighting and creative stalemates between members of the band also began to emerge. Founding member Chris Adams quit the band in the spring of 2014, leaving the remaining members to continue as a trio. In June 2014, Blake, Jason and Liam released "Let's Let Go", their first single as a three-piece. The track was universally acclaimed with many dubbing it as "their best release yet". The group was praised for their musical growth and for maintaining a quality standard despite Chris' departure. Although warmly received by fans and critics alike, the single stalled at a lowly #30 on the Chart Heat Singles list. The poor performance of their initial leading single caused the band and Five Pesky Kids to halt plans for a follow-up release. After over a year of silence from anything The Zone related, a photograph of Allen, Ochoa-Steele and Williams working in the studio was posted on the band's official Instagram account in 2016. Despite the revelation of new music being in the works, nothing ever materialised from the sessions. Their follow-up post would be a group statement announcing their "indefinite hiatus" and thanking fans for their support over the years.

On July 20, 2021, The Zone formally announced their return with the original line-up, posting the first new group picture as a four-piece since 2014 across all of their social media platforms. The group began working independently on new material, sourcing collaborators and studio spaces of their own accord and out of their own funds. Despite an official reformation announcement in 2021, the group wouldn't publicly re-emerge until 2023, after spending over a year creating material and searching for a recording contract. The Zone formally announced their signing to Big Diamond Records in May 2023 with the promise of new music "imminently".

Throughout the recording sessions of what would become "HYSTERIA", The Zone worked exclusively with European dance music producers with the intention of finding a "cooler" and "mature" sound, shifting from the American teen-pop of their debut album. All members of the band were heavily involved in the writing process, with Chris Adams having a credit on every song within the final track listing.

MUSIC & LYRICS

"HYSTERIA" is an overall uptempo pop album with a "mature" and "refined" sound in comparison to their debut album, "The High Life", which was released when the members of the band were still in their teenage years. The songs on the album have been written from over a decade's worth of experience within the music industry as well as having no restrictions from A&R and labels, dictating potential lyrical themes and content. Topics such as anxiety, drug use, war, love, self esteem, ageing, and heartbreak are touched upon throughout the course of the record. Although not explicit in nature, "HYSTERIA" contains more adult themes and thought-provoking subjects than their first release. The track "High Life 2.0" was specifically written to reference their debut album, and to highlight the growth and the changes of the band and supporters over the past decade.

Chris Adams dubbed the album "an ode to being human", citing his reconciliation with his band members and the numerous feelings he's had to "sit in and process" throughout the years as inspiration for much of his writing on the project. Blake Williams played a significant role in laying out the sonic landscape of the album after making numerous industry connections during his successful solo career. Williams sourced multiple producers for the record, bringing in people he believed could help the band achieve the "cool and glossy" sound they wanted.

SINGLES

"Guess It's True" was released as the album's lead single on June 11, 2023. It was The Zone's first release in 9 years and first in a decade to feature all four original members of the band. The single was met with positive reviews and reactions from fans and critics alike, lauding their new "sophisticated" sound and refined, mature image. Many have highlighted the song as the key moment of The Zone going from "boy band" to "man band". "Guess It's True" was a commercial success, debuting at #1 on Chart Heat Singles and instantly becoming their highest-charting and now biggest-selling hit to date.

"HYSTERIA" is the title track and second single from the album. It was released on January 21, 2024 alongside the pre-order of its parent album. Initially pencilled in for a November release, the single was pushed back to a more suitable timeframe as the band did not believe it's House music production would earn it much airplay during the Holiday period. Upon release, the song was universally praised and commended for its "offbeat" styling and "adventurous" lyricism.

TRACKLIST

HYSTERIA
Aftertaste
Safe Here
In Between
Guess It's True
Last Thing
Canyons
High Life 2.0
Morning Glory
Comedown

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 23 January 2024 00:48:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 22/01/2024(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2024(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/01/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 22/01/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/01/2024(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2024 21:11:56(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: HYSTERIA
Genre(s): House Pop
Length: 3:39
Writer(s): C.Adams
Producer(s): Leland
From The Album: HYSTERIA

HYSTERIA is a song recorded by American vocal boy band The Zone. It serves as the opening track and second single from their upcoming, second studio album, also titled "HYSTERIA". The song was released on January 21st, 2024, ahead of the announcement of the track listing from its parent album. "HYSTERIA" follows the success of The Zone's comeback single, "Guess It's True", which went on to become the group's first chart-topper, debuting at the #1 position on the Chart Heat Singles in the summer of 2023. Production of the song was handled by Swedish DJ and producer "Leland". The track was written entirely by group member Chris Adams. Adams confessed to being "high as a kite" during the conception of the track, resulting in "odd" lyrical choices and structure and the overall "hyper-awareness" of the song. Upon presenting the song to the band, The Zone made a unanimous decision to push the track for single status as well as titling the new album in its honor, instantly falling in love with Adams' creation.

"HYSTERIA" is an upbeat House Pop song laden with elements of electropop and Funky House. The vocal composition consists of a juxtaposition of stylings, transitioning from "soft" and vocoder-tinged deliveries throughout the verses, to loud and anthemic "chants" in unison on the song's choruses. The mixed vocal executions and fast-paced beats lean into the song's offbeat lyricism. Production of the track was heavily inspired by late 1990s and early 2000s European Dance and House music. The song opens with repeated yet slightly muffled chanting from all four members of the band before formally launching into Blake Williams' verse. Williams, one of the group's leading writers and vocalists, features heavily on the song. He has two full verses as well as lines with the song's post-chorus. His naturally light and soft voice sets the tone for the track. Liam Allen features the least, taking on the song's two short pre-choruses. Jason Ochoa-Steele handles the third verse while Chris Adams rounds out the track, singing the final verse and outro. All four members chant the chorus in unison.

Lyrically, the song does not centre around one linear story. The track itself is said to be more of a "feeling" according Chris Adams, the sole writer of the song. Inspired by "clickbait", "bitesize info", "doom scrolling" and "fleeting trends", Adams decided to list off numerous worldly and societal matters that cause him great anxiety and/or intrigue. Wanting to replicate the feelings of the fight or flight response, the song frantically throws different and unrelated emotions, opinions and scenarios to the unsuspecting listeners all while being backed up by an escalating and infectious beat.

Critical reception of "HYSTERIA" has been mainly positive upon release thus far. Writing for Vulture, Jacob Terry dubbed the song as "the best and most intriguing thing The Zone has ever put their name too". He further added that the release of the song indicates "a promising and exciting new chapter for a group once counted out". Gabriel Tracey of The Guardian awarded the track 4 out of 5 stars and called the song "the bastard love child of a football chance and an Ibiza club anthem" before claiming it to be "an oddity but an earworm nonetheless". In a humorous review for Slant Magazine, Sally Hoffman wrote; Do the lyrics necessarily make much sense? No. Are we essentially listening to the ramblings of a guy stoned out his mind? Yes. Does that matter when it comes to great pop music? Absolutely not!. Emily Sutherland of Pitchfork branded "HYSTERIA" as a "panic attack of a song", "brilliantly batshit" and "a good dose of much-needed fun". Sutherland rounded out her review on a more mixed note, however, writing; "For as zany and experimental as it may be, The Zone still do themselves no favors in being marketed as a group for conspiracy theorists and a certain type of demographic."

Chris wrote:
"When I wrote this song, I was high as a kite. I was aware at the time that my thoughts might not be the most coherent or linear so I always planned to rework the notes I had made later down the line. When I looked back over what I had put down, however, it just sort of made more sense to be manic and all over the place. The song is essentially about how much of a mindfuck it is to navigate this world and all the emotions, expectations, responsibilities and requirements we have as flesh and blood. There's no rulebook and we didn't ask to be born. We're just here, having to deal with it. The track is really a stream of consciousness. I list off a bunch of contradictions I see going on. How we all tackle things differently. How we're the one species but there's so many different pockets striving for different things. How your dream is someone else's nightmare. How certain ideologies are praised, how some are torn down. It's hysterical in many ways. Being a human, living on this planet in 2024? It's a real fight. We seem to be in a constant state of fight or flight. Shit's chill for a week and then something drops that throws us through a loop. That's what I wanted to capture in this fucking nutty song!

Liam wrote:
"I totally got it when Chris played us what he was working on. I'm no stranger to a conspiracy or questioning the ways of the universe! To a lot of ears, the song seemed really rough and all over the place but that's what sold it. It was perfectly mad the way it was. I think that as scattershot as it may be, it has a universal appeal because I feel like everyone's all over the place at the moment. Not only did the song represent and resonate where we are as a collective race, but it also shone through what we're like behind closed doors as a band. We get high, talk about real shit, have worries and fears, have contrasting opinions. It's a weird little pop song but it's real. More real than all these picture-perfect love songs we've written. It just encompassed a lot of things so well. I really championed this to be a single and the album title."

Jason wrote:
"Chris is a wonderful writer and continuously floors me to this day. I believe this is why we never got that initial second album out back in the day after he left. The spark from his pen was just gone! I think that this is his most wonderful creation to date. On the surface, it can sounds really silly and simple, but when you really look into what's written, the questions being asked, the scenarios being highlighted, there's a real depth and a kind of sadness there. We really do live in such crazy times and so many of us are just searching for peace and comfort."

Blake wrote:
"This song is the ramblings of a madman. I love it. After Chris played us his first version and said he envisioned a frantic production behind it, I suggested we take it to Leland to amplify it. He's a DJ I've known for many years. Him and I actually did a track years back that never got released. I've always found his productions to be so intense and intricate without it sounding like straight-up noise. His work has many layers and elements while still sounding polished and precise. Chris did a wonderful job with the words and I knew putting it against a bouncy, glitchy Swedish beat would crank it up to an 11. This is for sure the whackiest thing we've ever done as a group and I can't think of opening up our new album in any other way."

"HYSTERIA"

All
Blake
Chris
Jason
Liam

Here comes the...
Here comes the...
Here comes the...
Here comes the...

It's a dog without a bone, yearning for a bite
Diving at my ankles, desperate for a fight
It's tired conversations leaving me braindead
The struggle to hit the floor when safe in bed
Some heads roll while the other side rocks
Some walk away, some don't know how to stop

Admitting there's an elephant standing in the room
That gut-churning sense of some impending doom
Trying to appease those who live for pleasure
Putting to ease the ones that are under pressure
Stealing the spotlight before you can blink
Feeling exposed and just dying to shrink

Ooh, baby, baby, I'm getting hysterical
Ah, ooh, baby, baby, I bang my head on the wall

Hysteria! Here it comes again
Hysteria! And it's giving me the bends
Never threaten me with a good time
I'll keep dancing 'til the fever bites
Grab a doctor, go grab a nurse
Have this feeling it'll only get worse
Hysteria! It's come to re-offend
Hysteria! The fun just never ends

What goes around, comes around
And if it goes up, it comes down

(Goes around and around, yeah)

Never feeling more alive when the empty bottle spins
Calling us to war over the stupidest little things
Finding who you really are when it all falls dark
Knowing your limits when swimming with the sharks
Someone else's drama giving you a rush
Breaking out in cold sweats when they know too much

Ooh, baby, baby, I'm getting hysterical
Ah, ooh, baby, baby, I bang my head on the wall

Hysteria! Here it comes again
Hysteria! And it's giving me the bends
Never threaten me with a good time
I'll keep dancing 'til the fever bites
Grab a doctor, go grab a nurse
Have this feeling it'll only get worse
Hysteria! It's come to re-offend
Hysteria! The fun just never ends

Can't seem to satisfy our hunger
And we're never getting any younger
Innocent dreams being turned into money
Mad at the stings with a handful of honey
Turning a blind eye to the madman's delight
Not sure what to do now, what a wonderful life

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/01/2024(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 23/01/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/01/2024(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/01/2024(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2024 00:46:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Aftertaste
Genre(s): Pop, Garage, Dance
Length: 3:29
Writer(s): C.Adams, J.Ochoa-Steele, K.Ochoa-Steele, B.Williams
Producer(s): Damini

Aftertaste is a song recorded by American vocal boy band The Zone. It serves as the second track from their upcoming, second studio album, "HYSTERIA". The track was written entirely by group members Chris Adams, Blake Williams, Jason Ochoa-Steele, and his wife, singer-songwriter Kourtney Ochoa-Steele. Production of the song was handled by Italian DJ and producer "Damini". The track originated from a 2021 demo that Kourtney initially began working on alongside Damini with the intention of pitching it to another artists. After the reformation of her husband's band, Kourtney presented the demo recording to Jason. The couple then reworked the song alongside Adams and Williams. "Aftertaste" tells the story of a friends with benefits situation where one party is developing more serious, romantic feelings but not confessing that so not to jeopardise any future encounters. Instead, they make do and hang on to the memories or the "aftertaste" of their last meet up during the interim.

"Aftertaste" is an electronic pop and dance song with an underlying two-step beat and a UK garage infused rhythm. An electronic instrumental break features throughout as the song's post-chorus. The vocal composition features a fairly even distribution between all four members of the band. Vocal deliveries are "smooth" an vocoder-tinged in places, with generated glitchy quips sparsely added. Jason Ochoa-Steele opens up the song, taking on the entirety of the first verse. Chris Adams sings the pre-choruses as well as the song's bridge. Liam Allen handles the second verse while Blake Williams sings the entire chorus and fading outro lines. Williams voice is slightly pitched with some digital effects laden over it, giving the song a "futuristic" vibe. "Aftertaste" is noted of its "flipped" line distribution, as lead vocalists Chris and Blake are often the driving force on the main verses of The Zone's songs, with Jason and Liam usually taking smaller roles.

Chris wrote:
"When Jason and Kourtney played the rough demo, I was instantly attracted to it. That little instrumental part after the chorus was what hooked me. It's been slightly lifted and reworked but not too dissimilar to what is played. It instantly made me think of those early 1980's video games. You're against the clock and the odds. There's no cheats, no hacks, no internet forums for answers. You just have to navigate through or you blow up and die and it's game over. I really wanted to tap into that feeling of walking on eggshells and trying not to step on a mine. Keep a good thing going and the high score up. I mean, I've been in a similar situation. You don't go in thinking or with the intention of catching feelings. You just do and suddenly it's like, "well, shit!". We really wanted to bring that to light on "Aftertaste". A case of; "I want more but I'm gonna respect the rules and boundaries because we're only going to get hurt if not". Trouble with that is, the longer you keep it going, the harder it's going to be to walk away or cope when it does come crashing down. Who really thinks logically when they're infatuated though?"

Jason wrote:
"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is my favorite song on the album. Not that I'm being biased or anything because it was brought to the table by my beautiful, talented wife. That's just a bonus! I really think that there's something special within this song. Now, I can't relate to the story being told. I've never experienced that. That's just what it is to me - a story. With Damini's insane production and how we approached the lyrics, it really strikes a chord with me, however. It's a fun track but there's definitely a sadness to it. I can totally picture someone putting a brave face on and making the long journey home because they haven't been allowed to stay the night. The blues that set in when a wonderful day draws to a close and it's time to say goodbye. Different scenarios but I can relate to that. You don't want to let that high go because reality will soon set in and it ain't as fun."

"Aftertaste"

All
Blake
Chris
Jason
Liam

It's a biting cold night when you send me home
Who really wants to spend midnight alone?
No need to explain again, I know, I know
Cool it down for a while before I light your phone
Too afraid to go ahead and call your bluff
I'll keep on talking smooth and playing rough

Who knows, I might see you out some night?
Live far our but it's still possible, right?
And, maybe, if only by some kind of miracle
I'll pick up if you ever want to call

Been warned all about too much of a good thing
Candy-coated, honey-dipped, the cat who got the cream
I'll stay in my imagination, rose-tinted daydreams
Suppress my appetite until I'm back at your place
For now, I'll bite my lip and savour the aftertaste
The after ta-ay-ay-ay-ah-aste

[Instrumental Break]

Play it as cool as the November air that assaults the face
I'm totally not hanging on to every word you say
If you were to ask me, I'd say that it's rather passé
I'll get another invitation if I keep it blasé
Keep on twisting the truth about
Can't recapture once word gets out

Who knows, I might see you out in town?
Not your neighbourhood but you might venture down
And, maybe, you could even come swing around
Little different but I'm sure it's allowed

[Instrumental Break]

Hanging on to the aftertaste
I don't want this to dissipate
Swallowed pride and clenched teeth
It's worth if for something sweet

Hanging on to the aftertaste
I don't want this to dissipate
Swallowed pride and clenched teeth
It's worth if for something sweet

[Instrumental Break]

Ay-ay-ah-ay
Ay-ay-ah-ay
The aftertaste
Ay-ay-ah-ay

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 23/01/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/01/2024(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 24/01/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/01/2024(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2024 07:05:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Safe Here
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop
Length: 3:31
Writer(s): C.Adams, B.Williams
Producer(s): Alec Kraus

Safe Here is a song recorded by American vocal boy band The Zone. It serves as the third track from their upcoming, second studio album, "HYSTERIA". The track was written by group members Chris Adams and Blake Williams. Production of the song was handled by Swedish producer Alec Kraus. The track was originally composed by Chris Adams as a solo recording in 2016 during his time away from the band. When recording sessions for "HYSTERIA" began, Adams brought the song to the project, reworking for the group alongside Blake Williams, with new production from Kraus. Lyrically, the song is written from the perspective of someone who is scared to grow older and face the responsibilities and expectations that come with being an adult within this world. They mentally regress to when they were a child and teenager, preferring to live in the past and recount the glory days as opposed to facing the future and making important, life-changing decisions.

"Safe Here" is a synthpop song with elements of new wave, heavily inspired by popular music from the 1980's. The song opens with a slower tempo on the first verse before becoming more guitar driven and amplifying in pace and production elements as it continues. The vocal composition features a fairly even distribution between all four members of the band. Members of the group lean into their softer, falsetto tones for the majority of the song and delicately harmonise on the second halves of the choruses. Liam Allen opens the song, singing against much more stripped down production. As the instrumentation builds, Jason Ochoa-Steele comes in for the pre-choruses. Chris Adams features prominently, as he uses his falsetto range to sing the first half of every chorus on his own. Adams also sings the latter half of the song's bridge. Blake Williams also appears in different sections of the song, singing the second verse and taking on the first half of the bridge.

Chris wrote:
"I wrote this song a good few years ago when I was approaching 25. Now, when you're beyond that age, you realise just how young you still are but at the time? It's frightening! It certainly was for me. I had what I called a "quarter life crisis". I was out of the band, without a deal, no team, no real plan or safety net. Just thrown into the deep end. It was the first time in my life where I felt this pressure to do and be something. First time taking stock of who I was and where I wanted to go. Up until that point, I had just fallen into everything. Elementary, to high school, to being scouted for a performing arts placement, to meeting people who were into music. It was all such a smooth course. Then I found myself in my mid-twenties, having to make my own decisions and be responsible for my own life. Fuck. I just wanted to curl up and suck my thumb. That's what inspired this track. That sinking feeling when you realise your youth is gone and how fleeting it all is. How everything shone a little brighter back then, and how much easier it was to play Power Rangers and not have to deal with landlords and bills."

Blake wrote:
"Chris performed his original version of this track a few times and I was floored when I heard it back then. It was an honor to work on a new version with him. I didn't wanna overstep as it's clearly a very personal song for him. We tweaked and reframed a few things but I'm so glad that the heart is still there. It's a rather cathartic subject. I think the production growing more "thumping" and urgent throughout really drives home the message. Time is ticking and not slowing down for anyone. Get on or get left behind. Sometimes, it feels safer to be left behind. Of course, that insular bubble inevitably pops but I think it was pretty cool how we made this song capture that period of regression. I can't think of many other songs that touch on the subject but I do know it's a big deal for a lot of people. I'd be lying if I said I've never wanted to shirk all these fucking responsibilities and just go back to the skatepark."

"Safe Here"

All
Blake
Chris
Jason
Liam

Honestly, I feel much more safe here
Everybody's wrapped around and embracing what I fear
I don't like how things go and change
How can you be ok when this ain't the same?
Rewatching the classics 'cause I know what's next
Reminiscing 'cause the grass was much greener then

The good old days where we drank too much
I didn't mind being your crutch
Sure it's fun at the top but it's a long way down
I think I'll keep my feet on the ground

I miss the days of building grand castles with sand
Then they all fell down and slipped through my hands
Deal with it later, just drift in the breeze
Seen one too many brought down to their knees

My closest friends have turned and fled
It's safer here inside of my head
For now, I'll keep holding my breath

Laughing until our bellies got the ache
In the arcade where all the cool kids play
Tearing up skate parks, building an appetite
Staying out later when the nights got light
It's hard to let go, relinquish control
Give up the ghost, and so the story goes...

The good old days where we drank too much
I didn't mind being your crutch
Sure it's fun at the top but it's a long way down
I think I'll keep my feet on the ground

I'm not exactly sure what I've to do
Anybody out there want to give me a clue?
Sucking my thumb, a big old hole in my shoe
They sure didn't teach this in school

I'm not exactly sure what I've to do
Anybody out there want to give me a clue?
Sucking my thumb, a big old hole in my shoe
They sure didn't teach this in school

I'll hold my breath

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 24/01/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/01/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/01/2024(UTC)