logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Nimrods  
#1 Posted : 02 February 2010 00:37:40(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I:So guys we're gonna jump right into this, you released a new single a few weeks ago called "As She Falls",it sold a little over a million copies, however you didn't really give it any press.Why is this?

TN: Jimmy:Well we didn't really have the time,we've been laying low for a while now and we've been tired, we're on tour and it's exhausting,we didn't really need to hype up the release.I mean it sold a million copies right?

Davey:However our new single "Downward Spiral" was just released and will hit the charts today so there's that hype haha.It's a really good single, we're hoping it'll win something.

Kit:As for the laying low thing, we're trying to jump back in to the midst of things I guess, we're gonna be re-building our site and just getting out in the open more.We own a bar but we're never there so we might show up their more, we'll probably head there after this haha.

I:Speaking of touring, what do you do before a show?

TN: Jimmy:Well we're a rehearsal band.So we rehearse all the time off tour, however touring is tiring as it is and we could play the songs in our sleep so we practice through the tougher parts of the set and we'll jam for like 30 minutes just for fun, we like jamming more than practicing because it gives us new ideas.

Davey:I'm the most fit of the group probably the other two are pretty lazy.So I jog around the venue a good 2 or three times depending on size, that'll be in the morning though.After that I usually read or just crank up a good album and play along,I've been playing a lot of jazz to develop some new technique.

Kit:We all have a beer or two just to ease the stress and then we usually split a joint about 30 minutes before the show,really helps with the relaxation *laughs*.I can't actually drink much because I'm the drummer and need to be I guess coherent or I can jeopardize the show, that happened in our early days and Jimmy and Davey beat me in my sleep!

I:What songs do you play on your set list?

TN: Davey: We can't tell you, you'll have to come see.But we play a lot off of "BLEED!" like 4 songs, we play 3 songs off of COH part 1 and 2 off of part two. 2 off the Odyssey,2 off the Iliad,and 2 off the new album.

I:So you add lots of variety?

TN: Jimmy: Yeah because we like to give old fans and new fans a treat you know?We like a lot of our older songs as well, a lot of them are actually harder to play, that's why I'm glad we have a rhythm guitarist.

I:Your other two musicians, guitarist Jaska and keyboardist Jack haven't actually been in the spotlight is there a reason for that?

TN: Kit:Well they're more of session musicians and they don't really like the spot light much I guess.They're gonna do their own thing soon actually, start up a new band and play with us as support, it takes serious balls to play with 2 bands, I think it's insane.

I:What about your personal lives? The only one that's usually focused on is Jimmy's with Bikki Kitton.

TN: Kit:Well Davey and I are single, Davey's more committed than I am though, because honestly I'm fine with hanging out with groupies for a day but Davey actually wants a girlfriend.

Davey:I'm more sensitive than Jimmy! And I don't look like a girl so your friends won't think you're a lesbian. Call meeeeeeeeee!

Jimmy:That was a moment of weakness I didn't expect.

I: You've all had serious drug habits, how are you now?

TN: Jimmy: I'm sober, I smoke pot daily but that's because staying in a bus all day is boring.Heroin,Coke,Speed, I don't need them anymore and I have more important things in my life right now, I have a band, a new album,and 2 kids, I don't have time for hard drugs to fuck shit up.

I: That's inspiring, speaking of which, who are your influences/inspirations?

TN: Jimmy:There are so many. Casting Thin Shadows, Moronic Changeling, K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E.,Metallica,Death,Opeth,Cynic,ATHEIST!,Suffocation,Miles Davis,Django Reinhardt,My dad,Transferium Project,Sudan,The Theosophical Society,so very many.

Davey:Victor Wooten, RHCP,Cliff Burton,Steve Gigiorgio,Sean Malone, Alex Webster, any good death metal bassist that's audible, Martin Mendez,Chris Squire, even Mike Dirnt from Green Day.

Kit:Gene Hoglan, George Kollias, Derek Roddy, Buddy Rich, Mike Smith, Martin Lopez,Frost!,Hellhammer, Immortal, DANNY CAREY!,Keith Moon, John Bonham,Neil Peart, really RUSH as a whole.

I:How do you combine so many styles into one and still make it heavy?

TN: Jimmy:Well distortion helps *laughs* but usually to combine styles I'll listen to like a death metal band and then like Yes or something.Really the key to fusion music is the drums and the bass, I could play some serious tech death riffs and if it has a tribal breakdown with some latin jazz and funk bass, it's progressive.Usually I'll write a metal riff or a clean riff and then expand on the riffs and say to myself "What if I added a clean part" or "What if this had a really nice jazzy bassline".

Davey:My songwriting style is very bass oriented obviously which is partially why the Nimrods as a whole is a very bass oriented band.I like to write parts that gives me space to do what I want to on bass with lots of technical riffs at the same time.But usually if we're all working on a song I'll write the clean jazzy parts to show off my bass, Jimmy will write the heavy parts to show off his guitar, and Kit will make tribal shit to show off his drums, or something really brutal.

I:Your band is one of the heaviest, why are you still called The Nimrods?

TN: Jimmy:Because we're the same people.Just three really lighthearted Nimrods who happen to play Progressive Death metal the music has changed but not us.A kid in a music store may see our name and think we're some dumb pop band but once he flips through our CDs he'll see we aren't.

I:What do you think about what you dubbed "The Metal Invasion"

TN: Jimmy: I like it. I'm glad people are broadening their horizons to more extreme music, and it's good because we work hard and yeah we're millionaires but a lot of bands deserve to be and aren't, it's hard making a living off of metal but we do and I'm glad other people have the chance to.

I: Anyone you want to give your blessing to?

TN: Davey:Mind and Black Gold Reign, the other ones are good but they stick out. Oh and Machete, chick metal=hot and brutal!

I:That's all for now check out the new Nimrods album called "Sinister Visions" and their new single "Downward Spiral" thanks!

Edited by user 02 February 2010 00:38:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Synxhard  
#2 Posted : 02 February 2010 09:56:54(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey guys, glad to see someone likes what we're doing especially coming from you dudes, cause The Nimrods have been such a huge inspiration since I was a kid. Definitely gonna try to see one of your upcoming shows.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

OOC: Nice job man.
Offline The Nimrods  
#3 Posted : 02 February 2010 10:06:49(UTC)
The Nimrods

Synxhard wrote:
Hey guys, glad to see someone likes what we're doing especially coming from you dudes, cause The Nimrods have been such a huge inspiration since I was a kid. Definitely gonna try to see one of your upcoming shows.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

OOC: Nice job man.

Jimmy:Since you were a kid?We've only been around a few years dude.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Synxhard  
#4 Posted : 02 February 2010 10:33:30(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

I'm only 19 dude

-Matt
Black Gold Reign
Offline The Nimrods  
#5 Posted : 02 February 2010 10:38:02(UTC)
The Nimrods

Synxhard wrote:
I'm only 19 dude

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

Jimmy:Oh. I'm 24. Nice to meet you haha

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Synxhard  
#6 Posted : 02 February 2010 13:56:29(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

The Nimrods wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I'm only 19 dude

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

Jimmy:Oh. I'm 24. Nice to meet you haha

Its all good. lol, nice to meet you too I guess