logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2010 02:05:55(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Part 2

1. Many people still don't know about "The Past, The Present & the Future of Pop". What do you have to say?
Ahh, my debut album! The album is definitely like my oldest child and no matter how bad the proccess was making it, I feel like its the wisest of all.

2. What do you mean, how "bad" the process was?
Well, the album was super rushed. I had 30 tracks to record in a 1-2 month period and pick 10. Most of the songs weren't even written by me and I hated that. Fierce Music Label was just a mess at the time and I hardly had any say in my music.
the only tracks written by me were "Hot Shot", "Toy Soldier" (for the re-release), "Where I Belong" and "Dirty Undercover". Now all the tracks in my albums are written by me.

3. So what happen to those tracks that didn't make the album?
They are leftover demos that my fans can enjoy, I guess. I don't see any chance of me using them in the future, except for maybe my tours. They weren't written by me anyway, so It doesn't matter.

4. How would you describe the concept of "The Past, The Present and the Present of Pop" today?
It's funny because the concept is coincidentally the evolution of my music. "The Past" represents the R&B/Soul era of my music which I began with. "The Present" represents my "Dance-pop" music which I continued in my DOAPS era. "The Future" represents "Fierce Pop" music which is where it was introduced and will be continued in my new album.

5. 4 titles leaked from the new album "Fierce Pop". The 4 tracks were "Plead the fifth", "Destruction", "Don't Look At Me" and "Hunter". How do you feel about stuff leaking? Honestly it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers my fans. They want to be surprised and people who do this are being cruel to them. Unfortunetly we live in a world with great technology and it happens. So I can't be mad. At least the actual songs didn't leak.

6. What do you plan after this album?
After this album I'm taking a long long long. Did I say long already? Long break. I want to take more time for Roberto and Johnny.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 1

UserPostedImage

RS: So the new album is called “Fierce Pop” and the release of that will be late July or early August. What can we look forward to in the new album? Is there a certain concept?

SF: There is no particular concept in this one. I’m basically going random. I’m also not looking for mainstream success. All I’m looking for is for fan satisfaction; therefore I decided to produce the album myself. There is no one telling me what to do. This is me raw. I think my fans are going to love this album because I’m going back to my old roots but I’m also bringing in new soil.

RS: Have you decided on a lead single yet?

SF: There will be no singles. The reason to that is because I want the fans to listen to the whole album and let them choose their favorite tracks. I know that is risky for a pop artist, but one thing I notice is the disappointment of fans when their favorite songs don’t get released as singles. So I decided that I will make a video for each song and release them all. This goes back to the mainstream success (which I don’t care about). By me releasing every song I’m risking getting Top #’s on the charts, which once again I don’t care about. And I guess the highest selling songs will be picked up by the radio.

RS: Lets talk about the leaked song “The Bitch” that was suppose to be in the album. Many critics claim it to have a live performance feel to it. Is that a new direction you’re going or is it just for that song?

SF: Well that “feel” I call it “Fierce-Pop” a new genre I feel has been born. Many artists don’t take my “Fierce” persona seriously, but really they are not mature enough to understand or handle it. So I decided to make my whole album around this “Fierce-pop” sound, which is not what you hear on the radios these days. And “The Bitch” is just a taste of it.

RS: How was working with Ryan Ross Hernandez on the last album? There are rumors that you two will work on another collaboration for this album.

SF: Since working with Ryan Ross was only done for an experimental business matter, I don’t have much to say. Originally the song “I Love the Way You Loath Me” was going to be a solo since I wrote it as a solo, but I felt like it needed a male so I called Ryan. And the rumors are false. For this album there will be no collaborations. It is strictly all me. Fierce-Pop.

RS: So you are officially married. First off all, congratulations to you and Johnny. We want to know how the chemistry between you to is? You got to admit you two are the unexpected couple.

SF: Well thank you. Johnny is very romantic and intelligent. Every rocker has their soft side, and his won me over. That’s all I’m going to say (Giggles).

RS: you are also working on two other projects. Can you tell us about them?

SF: Yes. I will be working with Miss Vanity on a new album. It’s like a collab-album. The concept for that is killer. More info on that will be released in the future. Just keep checking the “Beware” website with the countdown clock. I will also be doing another side project, but I can’t talk about that yet.

RS: So the Pop Sinner World Tour has begun, how is it going so far?

SF: I’m very excited, so far we have done shows in sound check form, we haven’t done the real thing yet. But it has gone great. It’s a great preparation and the fans have been very loyal to me, and it feels great to have 20,000 people singing and dancing your songs. I’m also working with many artists for this tour. Unfortunately Bikki was unable to tour with us, but in replacement Moquel (a real talented young man) will join us. You should really check out his music.

RS: Is there anything you will like to say to your fans?

SF: I’m going to keep working hard for you guys, can’t wait to see you on tour. Dream big and thank you for making my dream come true. You guys are a blessing, thank you for all your support, I appreciate it! Love you all. Stay fierce!

Edited by user 03 February 2010 02:20:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified