logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2010 00:17:20(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
UserPostedImage
NME called Reckoner for their exclusive interview of the band only 2 hours before the actual interview took place in a local cafe in London. The band showed up on time in casual attire. Upon seeing us, the band shook hands and sat down ordering their coffee and we began the interview.

NME:Hey guys, as you all know you are one of the most in demand bands right now, playing gigs all over the UK, your debut single Negative has sold over 600,000 copies, you have been invited by stars like Jakey Comatose and Clear Vision to be their supporting acts on tour. How does it feel to finally be "Rockstars"?
Troy:It actually feels great, we get to meet a lot of people from different parts of the country we hav, we have received gifts from our fans who attend the gigs, for this instance someone gave Carl a 6-pack of beer back when we were on tour with Mind.
Carl:Yeah, that was great beer, and the cap I'm wearing now is actually a gift someone gave me back in Glasgow!

NME:Well good for you guys, so with Negative selling more than 600,000 copies and getting in #48 at the UK Charts, do you think you should release your album sometime now?
JPC:Actually, we were thinking of releasing one more single before we'd release our album. The band had to meet up with Kieran Marks,who produced the album, yesterday before the gig at Glasgow to talk the matter off and we settled on releasing one more single which would either be Comatose or Oxygen before releasing our debut album titled "Invisible". But the release date for the single has been set and it would be on February 13.

NME::I'm sure your fans would love to know a little detail about the album! Would you mind giving us a sneak peak on the album
Troy:Sure, well the album is entitled "Invisible" because the album is about personal issues mainly about depression, emotional stress, and the feeling of being unknown, or Invisible. It includes some famous live tracks of ours like Strike, Comatose, and Bring Me Down. Negative and Oxygen are also included with some other tracks that we are not allowed to tell.
JC:It's a surprise!!!

NME:Okay, now let's talk about some personal stuff, it has been 6 years since your band has been formed and you haven't changed your line up, not even a bit. Don't you guys ever fight with each other?
Tristan:Actually fights in the band were occasional back in the early years, I still remember a time that I hit Troy really hard in the face which lead to a brawl, luckily there were atleast 5 guys who stopped us, 5 REALLY HUGE GUYS..*laughs*
Troy:Yeah, but through the years we treated each other more and more like brothers, so we go along pretty well and those inband brawls are now history.
Carl:I love you guys!
All:*laughing really hard and Troy almost chokes on his drink*
JC:Are you alright there mate?
Troy:Yeah*coughs* I'm fine just choked a bit there.

NME:Okay, now let's get back on business, your band's sound is very distinct, which is a great sign for a new band. What are your musical inspirations?
Troy:Actually if we made a list it would fill up more than 3 pages so we'd just mention the main inspirations. Radiohead,Queen,Muse,Coldplay,Clear Vision,Quarantine,PANIC!, and Jakey Comatose.

NME:I actually have been in one of your concerts and I have to say you guys are really amazing live, the energy, the emotion, it's all so great. What are your preparations before going on stage?
Troy:Beer..... That's it, it was pretty obvious in our gig at King Tut's wasn't it?
JC:Yeah, you were such an ass. My preparations are pretty simple, a glass of water, a great book, and some scales on the guitar. I know the book part was weird but it's true..
JPC:Just practicing the bass gets me going..
Carl:Water, vocalizing, and I'm ready to go..
Tristan:Listening to a few songs on my IPod, obviously its me and Troy who don't practice before gigs, it's in the genes..
All:*Laughs*

NME:Well that's all the time we have, really enjoyed talking with you guys and hope to see you again soon!
Carl:Want a hug?
All:*Laughs*
Troy:Yeah it's a pleasure to meet you too and I'm sure we'd see each other again sometime..

AS SAID IN THE INTERVIEW, THE BAND ARE NOT YET DECIDED WITH WHAT SINGLE TO RELEASE AND IT'S UP TO YOU FANS TO VOTE!!!(OOC:comment below)
OXYGEN or COMATOSE
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2010 01:44:55(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I think Comatose. Not because it's the name of the record label I co-run with Jakey Comatose but because of the live performance I saw of that song. If you guys need a producer I'd be glad to produce the album or some tracks with you guys.
-Regan Futrell[Quarantine]
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline troy211619  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2010 01:51:53(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Regan wrote:
I think Comatose. Not because it's the name of the record label I co-run with Jakey Comatose but because of the live performance I saw of that song. If you guys need a producer I'd be glad to produce the album or some tracks with you guys.

Troy:Regan Futrell!!!(Tristan, JPC, and Carl try to put Troy in the van)
JPC:He wanted to say that he loves your work very much and he could you sign his copy of Amneisa..
We'd love for you to produce the album, but the album is already 90% completed with all the tracks in it, we'd love to work with you on our second album if you want to..
Troy:*shouts faintly* REEEEGGGGGGAAAAANNN!!!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2010 01:54:43(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
troy211619 wrote:
Regan wrote:

JPC:He wanted to say that he loves your work very much and he could you sign his copy of Amneisa..
We'd love for you to produce the album, but the album is already 90% completed with all the tracks in it, we'd love to work with you on our second album if you want to..

Haha. Yeah I'll sign it! *signs copy of Amneisa* Yeah I'm down for producing the second album just keep in touch.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 01 February 2010 02:00:26(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Regan wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
Regan wrote:

Haha. Yeah I'll sign it! *signs copy of Amneisa* Yeah I'm down for producing the second album just keep in touch.
-Regan Futrell

JPC:We would be very excited on working with you!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ScaryShoes  
#6 Posted : 01 February 2010 04:50:54(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

Andrew: Good job on making NME. However, some American bands *cough*The Voyd *cough* seem to be a better musicians than others.
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
Offline troy211619  
#7 Posted : 01 February 2010 16:52:32(UTC)
troy211619

Man

ScaryShoes wrote:
Andrew: Good job on making NME. However, some American bands *cough*The Voyd *cough* seem to be a better musicians than others.

JPC: Yah i know, you guys are great! But all I'm asking for is which song would you like to appear as a single, and you got wrong grammar on the bold part just wanted to add....:)

Edited by user 01 February 2010 21:31:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ScaryShoes  
#8 Posted : 02 February 2010 02:03:49(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

troy211619 wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:

JPC: Yah i know, you guys are great! But all I'm asking for is which song would you like to appear as a single, and you got wrong grammar on the bold part just wanted to add....:)
Wow. I never caught that. Usually I am great at grammar but it doesn't matter because I am a rockstar ha
Bands:
-Disbanded
Offline troy211619  
#9 Posted : 02 February 2010 18:28:12(UTC)
troy211619

Man

ScaryShoes wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:

Wow. I never caught that. Usually I am great at grammar but it doesn't matter because I am a rockstar ha
Troy: Dude, let me tell you one last time that ALL WE WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE OUR NEXT SINGLE??? and dude, have some humility, we are just about the same level here and maybe my band could kick your band's ass..

Edited by user 03 February 2010 00:38:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ScaryShoes  
#10 Posted : 03 February 2010 09:30:26(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

troy211619 wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:

Troy: Dude, let me tell you one last time that ALL WE WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE OUR NEXT SINGLE??? and dude, have some humility, we are just about the same level here and maybe my band could kick your band's ass..
Andrew: Yeah that did not make any sense buddy. I am starting to see flaws in the UK education. At least in America we know how to make non awkward sentences. But if you truly want to prove something with us then release a single on the same day as us and we will see how many singles will sold between the two of us. If I had to take bets i would say... The Voyd. People love American made anyways!
Bands:
-Disbanded
Offline troy211619  
#11 Posted : 03 February 2010 22:29:01(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Troy: Okay, we'd be releasing our second single on the 10th..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#12 Posted : 03 February 2010 22:45:13(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
ScaryShoes wrote:

You really think it doesn't matter? Correct grammar is one of the most important things for a "rockstar" to know. If you write your own lyrics, you don't want them to look like they were written by a primary school child, do you?
Anyway. Back on topic .... Comatose.
-Bikki.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence