logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#1 Posted : 10 August 2013 12:25:33(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So, I used to play this really cool music game called music-maven a while back and I recently had the urge to start playing it again however, it's dead as dead can be....that made me sad.Some how though I remembered various people around the maven universe talking about this rockstar game so decided to come and check it out. From a brief look around of the forums I see a few maven people around, mostly hess and cronix, not surprised to find them at all lol. Sup guys, D-Gunz is back once again lol. Hail up to any other maven peeps around and of course to all the other people on here. I'll be jumping into RP in a bit.

Peace
thanks 4 users thanked TheGuerillaz for this useful post.
kandii on 10/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 10/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/08/2013(UTC), _Python_ on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2013 12:36:59(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
d gunz?!!? i think i just soiled my pants...front and back.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#3 Posted : 10 August 2013 12:40:13(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Hahaha! Who knew you'd miss me that much eh? How you been erich?
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2013 12:43:50(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

ive been ok,yourself?

as you can see,my sad ass is still doing this.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#5 Posted : 10 August 2013 12:48:28(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

good stuff, I've been good too man.

Way to keep the consistency lol. I've been thinking about coming back for a while now, decided to check out the maven forum and see what was going down there and low and behold it was gone. Being depressed I almost considered signing up for popmundo again....almost. Then i remembered here lol. I miss the good 'ol days at maven when there was more beef than at a texas barbecue. So who's around here from maven?
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 10 August 2013 12:54:57(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

popmundo?! your poor man,you. id rather just write to an empty forum than do that game.

lets see... there is me,andre and python. that is about it. beef can be had here. it can be like a slaughterhouse at times. mavens forum has been gone for awhile now. it was abandoned even before that. bobby cairo and i kept going until finally even we gave up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#7 Posted : 10 August 2013 13:07:19(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Yes, quite sad actually. Thankfully I came to my senses and didn't go through it. Just thinking about it....*shutters*

Hmmm...was thinking it was a bit more, oh well such is life. well i know i won't be bored with the shenanigans oh erich hess and the harlots hahaha. Well I'll jump into the RP soon enough so we'll see what kinda beef can be cooked up :P been a while though so we'll see how it goes lol. heh, it's kinda surreal to think maven is fully gone now, even when the game died the people stayed around for a while and kept things going, never thought it would actually die out completely. Ahh the memories lol
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 10 August 2013 13:14:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

it is fun here.loads of talented people abound. it some ways,it is far wilder than maven ever was. erich and the harlots are nearly all married and settled down now...in a relative sense.

mavens death was a sad one.it deserved better.it really did.i dont know why the forum died. i doubt most people here play the actual game.i know i dont and havent for years.murderswitch would have kept the forums up forever,but towards the end? it as just i and bobby cairo. bobby ended up doing time for fighting with his dad or something,and i couldnt just sit and talk to myself.so mr swtich pulled the plug.

i wish the forums still existed.if anything just to refer to. man,we did some great stuff there.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#9 Posted : 10 August 2013 13:43:21(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Well I'm looking forward to trying it out here. It does look much more active here, even more than when I first started maven and it seems to be really solid stuff. It'll be good to have some fun again lol. Hip-hop doesn't seem to be that much around here though at least from what I can tell. Hopefully I can remember how to RP and add a little caribbean spice to the mix haha

Yea it definitely just didn't get its due. Guess we'll just have to carry on the torch.That;s rough about Bobby though always liked that dude. We did do some excellent stuff there, and we lost so much of it cause we lost both switch's forum and the one doug set-up, plus we lost all the stuff when those hackers got to the forum. Sad, just sad. So you say they really play the actual game here, hmmm I guess that would save me on trying to learn the game lol.
Offline erich hess  
#10 Posted : 10 August 2013 13:55:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

it is super active here. with users in the uk and usa,there is always someone around! we definitely could use more hip hop here.we could use some Caribbean here.the spicier,the better.

i think a lot of people dont play the game here.in any case,much like mave,game stats and rp stats are unrelated. i was at work the other day,and was thinking how much i missed you and xcentrick. and as i live and breathe? here you are.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#11 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:11:20(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

I'm liking it already lol. Considered it spiced to the max pal! :D

well that works out well then for me haha. Funny enough though I was thinking of you and Xcentrik as well, plus Tayda. Man, I had some good times with you guys. Hey, if you missing me brought me back maybe it may get Xcentrik and Tayda back as well lol
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:17:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

oh man,tayda. she was great. so crazy to think how she started off terrible.i remember people hated her,and she ended up being one of the greats.oh i forgot,deadserious pops in from time to time. he/she (i never knew. though i am leaning towards male) does some good things here.

i do wonder what happened to xcentrick. i know he was even older than i am...and im pretty fucking old. i wish i would have saved his "80's according to x" thread.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#13 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:40:29(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Man, I actually forgot how terrible she was until you just mentioned lol. Shows how good she became, that she could actually make me forget that lol. To be honest though, I was kind of the same way when I first started out, most people didn't like me when I started out either. Was that whole DBD vs TLP beef, crazy how that got so serious, I find it funny as hell now that I think back on it. Think that's why I tried getting along with Tay though, kinda knew it how it was to be in the position. Tried it with Sammy as well, but that was a lost cause lol.

But yea, I remember X was old as hell lol. That 80's thread was dope though, it was time ago I was talking to someone about Public Enemy and I was telling about some of the X said about them.
thanks 1 user thanked TheGuerillaz for this useful post.
erich hess on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline _Python_  
#14 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:45:17(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Tayda was good, but I remember some of her older posts Applause

40ownz wasn't bad at what he did, and I've always leaned towards deadserious being a male as well lol
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:49:58(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

i loved 40's work. and going waaay back,syco's too.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline _Python_  
#16 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:53:42(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

i always wondered where all the rest of the maven player base went off to. that's the thing about the internet, they can be anywhere in cyberspace or somewhere IRL with no plans on making a return lol
UserPostedImage
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#17 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:57:52(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Hey, what's good python?

Yea 40, stuff was good! Syco was nice as well. But loved that reality show thing that 40 did, that was some serious stuff.

I remember deadserious, always thought was a guys as well, but to save my life I can't remember any of his artists or RPs
Offline _Python_  
#18 Posted : 10 August 2013 15:00:32(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

just hanging out man, currently typing out an introduction for my latest band. maybe the two of us could rp sometime?

what do you plan on rping btw? (if you are planning to rp here, that is)
UserPostedImage
Offline TheGuerillaz  
#19 Posted : 10 August 2013 15:14:53(UTC)
TheGuerillaz

Yea for sure, I'm planning on bringing a hip-hop duo, underground type. Socially conscious, political stuff, that sort of thing you know? So once I get them up and going we put something together. Thinking I may resurrect Levi Anderson as well, which I know hess will be pleased about. Didn't feel I did him justice over in maven so I plan to give a bit more attention this time.
Offline _Python_  
#20 Posted : 10 August 2013 15:22:56(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Lol. I'm working on a hip hop act now. So we can definitely let our artists work together.
UserPostedImage