logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

38 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#581 Posted : 01 March 2019 01:12:11(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
" i bet adam black turned into a bastard out here as well." Erica muses,ignoring the fact she was no saint herself. "Luckily everyone i knew personally remained cool...unless Karoliena and Cassie rule their vault with an iron first." She sighs. This was always a possibility. It wasn't even the possible tyrant thing that bothered her. It was being content to stay in a vault all the time. What weirdo would like that?! "Hopefully it's just scrapes and what not. If Nina...." She starts,some of her humanity coming to the surface before it's quickly pushed back down with a terrible joke," i do hope you can patch this up. I'd hate to be .....disarmed." She laughs with out of place warmth.

Erica watches Rueben try to move the rubble. It was a fool's errand,but she didn't want to ruin his fun. Besides,maybe there was only one key brick that held it all in place? Erica winces and steps back as Rueben picks up the cap. Picking random shit off the ground could be dangerous. That cap could easily be bait for a trap or sniper. But he makes it through just fine. Erica does smile at his offer,but politely refuses. " no. You keep it and get some gum back home in diamond city." She says with a shake of her head. How much did gum sell for? She hadn't a clue. She usually just found hers.

The discovery of who's cap it was made erica lift her head to billy's voice. She grins at the dead raider. Why they didn't get to kill her,she certainly got what was coming for her. " i don't know if i like this version of the venus de milo." She says,putting her hand on her chin like an imagined art critic. Though seeing the armless woman made Erica's awareness of her own injury a little more vivid. Her heart does leap when Billy cries out. Yes! More chances for revenge. She slings the rifle over her injured arm and pulls out her knife. , oh c'mon,Billy. Let's take 'em!" She says boldly,pushing forward as he moves past her. Mutants or raiders,they all die.

But when Erica looks through the broken glass of the window,her blood runs cold. "No. No no!" She screams and runs to catch up to Billy. She would face down a behemoth with nothing but a hammer . no living thing struck fear into her...thats where the robots came in. Even a common Mr handy made her uneasy. Sentry bots terrified her. But assaultrons were in a category all their own. Why were they female shaped?! They were insanely fast and dangerous. She fires over her shoulder with her pistol at the raiders,not even attempting to hit the robot. "Billy...take care of that,please." She says in a rare weak voice.

Erich smiles at josh and nods. They had an understanding and that was all that was needed. It wasn't like they were going to hit the karaoke bar after this. "I think depeche mode said it best: i don't want to start any blasphemous rumors,but i think that God's got a sick sense of humor." Erich laughs softly at the idea that some of his last words might be depeche mode lyrics. A band he really didnt care for too much. If the being did exist,it was certainly true.

Erich makes a face at cram." I like spam,but it's knock offs can fuck right off. Add in some rads and way past it's experation date? Nope." He says,imagining cartoonish levels of diarrhea being the result Josh is talking about. The food so far was nearly worse than the hygiene. No wonder there wasn't an abundance of kids running around. Erich,in spite of everything,laughs out loud at Joshua talking about Dusty. So some of his last moments were going to involve depeche mode and dustyn in leather. Somehow,oddly fitting for Erich's life. " you know...i just don't see the dustyn thing. I mean,yeah. He's cute and all. But i can't imagine him as a sexual being. It's like that girl from way back when...izzy. But hey,if its what you're after. Oh,and I won't relay THAT part of our talk to piper." Erich chuckles. Dark humor was his way of dealing with this. He'd never actually meet this piper. "Yeah. We'll hit all the best places on that plane of existence. You'll be my wingman when i chat up Bettie page?" Erich asks,looking over. He may not have been in a band in two hundred years,but any psychobilly cat worth his salt digs Bettie page.

In the quiet,erich watches the glass catch the little bit of light in the room. It was pretty in it's way. "Hmm?" He says when Joshua calls his name.
When joshuas question is asked,erich's eyes widen with fear. He slowly nods before speaking. "Yes." He answers softly. He tries to focus on the positive,that hopefully Josh can't feel his injuries either. "I'm squeezing it" erich says to Josh,attempting to get the blood circulating again.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline BrownSugar  
#582 Posted : 01 March 2019 02:31:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
"FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!" Billy yells, trying his best to head upstairs backwards at a decent pace while focusing on the enemies. He ultimately trips and falls on his ass, hurting his back off the stairs. As he sits down, he groans and bears the pain while aiming his submachine gun. He sprays it and makes sure to target the raiders first as they're all the human and squishy. Firing at the Assaultron would just waste bullets. Billy manages to take down two of the raiders with fluke head shots and he counts himself lucky.

One of the raiders targets Erica while another one comes at Reuben. At this point, Reuben has fled through the doors and further into the corridor. Luckily for him, he is extra nimble and stealthy so he's had no problem dodging bullets and sprinting ahead. Reuben ducks for cover behind a trashcan in order to pull out his pistol in safety. Holding it in his hand sends a shiver down his spine. He hates using it but it's now or never. Reuben takes a deep breath and hops to his feet, pulling the trigger and getting the perfect head shot. He wanted it to be a swift kill anyway. Everything played out as if it were in slow motion but in reality, the whole ordeal was over in a matter of seconds. After realising that he's just shot someone dead, Reuben recoils and slides down the wall, curling up into a safe little ball behind the trashcan.

The Assaultron seems to have singled out Oscar much to his dismay. He has encountered one of these before back when he was travelling in a group with old friend Scott and it did take a village to stop it. He knows what they are capable of. It's all about precision and waiting for the right time to strike it but this metal bitch isn't slowing down. The robot swings its arm and slices Oscar across the chest causing blood to spray. "AHHH FUCK!!". Oscar clutches his chest and tries to run, shooting feebly behind him as it follows through the doors and down to where Reuben is hiding out. Billy sees the combat and leaps from the stairs in pursuit.

"Apparently the pies in the Port-A-Diners are the best thing in the wasteland but those machines never work for me. Homophobia at its finest, I tell you." Joshua jokes, his voice sounding weaker and drier as the night goes on. The pair keep inhaling dust and there's no water around, purified or not. "I'm with you on that one. Dustyn is cute and adorable plus he was one of my bosses. I can't see him that way...but there's no denying it looked like he was shoplifting a zucchini in that suit." The whole ordeal is surreal to Joshua. Part of him is worried about facing a painful death at any moment and another part is thinking about Dustyn in a fitting vault suit. You can't make this stuff up. "Wingman? I'm...I mean...I'd be honoured but...I'm not the best at that. The results...uhh...I shouldn't meddle in relationships...or potential ones," Joshua says in reference to the time he tried to get two fans engaged during a radio interview. It did not turn out as planned. That's the Grimmie way though. He always ends up one big walking meme no matter how good his intentions are.

"Oh..." he says at the realisation that he's lost feeling in his hand. Joshua already knew it but the confirmation hurts. "I...I can't feel it. I can't...I can't feel anything..." Another tear runs down his face before he starts to full-on bawl. "I can't feel anything!!". The panic truly sets in as he cries hopelessly into the darkness. Although it's a blessing that he can't feel his injuries, it's still terrifying him that he no longer has feeling in his body. It's like giving in and giving up control of himself and that's something Joshua does NOT do.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/03/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#583 Posted : 01 March 2019 04:17:23(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica hears billy's voice and the unmistakable sound of something living fall on the floor. She didn't put too much thought into it. No pissant raiders were getting the best of Billy. If they did,it wouldn't be for very long. Short of the assaultron's eye beam,she had utter confidence in him.

Erica keeps glancing at Rueben to make sure the robot isn't on him. Distracted,she doesn't notice the raider in pursuit firing at her. Luckily,his terrible aim and her small size saved her bacon once again. She is obvious until the Fed up raider throws throws his ammo-less gun at her,striking her in between the shoulders and causing her to tumble face first onto the dirty floor. The raider gets in a few good stomps on Erich's ribs. The pain causes her to wheeze loudly. Her attacker feels the upper hand firmly on his side and goes for one final stomp. Erica rolls onto her back and holds her knife so the raider stomps it,completely impaling his foot. When he screams in surprise,Erica withdraws the knife and stabs him over and over again,starting at his leg and moving to the torso. Slipping on the blood and dirt,she gets to her feet and keeps running. She ends up getting separated and runs into a dead end of an office. But she hears the assaultron's whirring and the scream of Oscar.

"I've heard of the pies. Erica said one of those diners in nuka world actually dispenses them." Erich says wistfully. Pie sounds really good right now. Pie with dr pepper. He closes his eyes and imagines the flakey crust of a good pie. He had no idea what a nuka world was,but it sounded fun. Erich does full out laugh at the zucchini bit. " i only wish I could say ive ever been descibed as smuggling a zucchini." He shakes his head and lets it fall slightly backward onto the blocks behind him. He guess Joshua has a point about meddling in relationships. " i didn't say i wanted a relationship with her.." He winks before coughing loudly. He wasn't sure how the afterlife worked,but he was pretty sure monogamy wasn't part of it. There being together forever really meant forever. "Let's hope its a long time before dustyn and his zucchini join us."

Erich swallows hard. He had no idea what to do or say. He suddenly felt,correctly,that was his fault. Without his wanting to find Karoliena,Joshua would still be chilling in diamond city. when reality sets in for Joshua,Erich tries reaching for his head so that maybe he could feel some human contact and comfort,but erich was about 5 inches too far away. What should someone say in this situation? All Erich could come up with was screaming for help omce more. "GOD DAMMIT,YOU RAT BASTARDS. HELP US! "
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline BrownSugar  
#584 Posted : 01 March 2019 18:18:53(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Oh for fuck sake, leave me alone!!" Oscar cries out, still clutching his bleeding chest and pathetically firing at the mental monstrosity as he runs for his life. He's waiting and hoping for the Assaultron to fire its laser, giving them an opportunity to attack it while its guard is down but this one doesn't seem to be letting up. Property of Blake's goons, this one is probably defected and among some of the oldest models in existence. It swipes again, slashing Oscar's back and causing him to stumble through another set of doors, leading to yet another stair case. Screw hunting all the levels for friends, Oscar's getting out of here. He stumbles to the stairs, bleeding severely and holding onto the rails.

Billy continues to follow, shooting at the machine but it appears to be almost indestructible. As it's not adhering to the usual Assaultron rules, it's evident that brute force is the only thing that will take this bitch down. Either that or having the balls to get close enough to hack it but as it's not standing still, that's going to prove difficult. "Leave him alone you metal titted bitch!" Billy roars, firing his submachine into its back before it disappears through the doors with Oscar. "Erica! We need more help here!" Billy knows she's not a fan of Assaultrons but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Reuben sees this from his hiding spot and has luckily gone unnoticed. He cowers in fear and contemplates for a moment, seeing his friends run past him with Oscar clearly in a bad way and Billy calling them to arms. As terrified as he is, Reuben feels guilty for hiding away behind a bin while the others are in deadly combat. He takes a deep breath and runs to catch up with Billy, almost slipping on the trails of blood Oscar has left behind. Reuben has no idea what he's going to do or how he can be of any help but it surely must be better to have an extra hand when dealing with an Assaultron.

As Joshua cries out he feels embarrassed but can't help it. He has finally snapped and the floodgates are open. The fact that he'll never really get to make it official with Piper, his only options being a painful death by being split in half or slowly dying of thirst and hunger, the fact that he'll be dying so young and helpless...it's all at the forefront of his mind now no matter how hard he tried to suppress it. "I'm sorry, Erich.....I'm sorry..." he says as he weeps, apologising for not remaining strong enough. Joshua knows it must be jarring for Erich.

"Oh shut the fuck up," says a voice in the distance. The voice alone causes Joshua to turn off the waterworks immediately. He totally skips the comedown period and goes to a crying mess to being frozen in fear in the matter of a second. As he and Erich are pinned down, they can't lift their heads up to see but Joshua knows exactly who is there. The crunching of glass and rubble under boots grows louder and closer. Suddenly, Blake stands there looming over them. He's yielding a very large and threatening looking harpoon gun, proudly displaying it in his grip, holding it up to the light shining through the glass. Blake's taking his chances standing under the makeshift guillotine but he likes to live dangerously. "Isn't this delightful? Joshua Grimmie and Erich Hess pinned down and helpless. I think the stars are aligning for me once again."

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" Joshua spits, the venom in his voice being highly toxic. He has no time or love for him. Joshua might be pinned down and close to death but that's not going to make him cower away from Blake. He knows that this twisted little man wants power and control. Joshua will only give him that satisfaction over his dead body and in this situation, he means it literally.

Blake chuckles and paces back and forth between the pair. "Come up here and say that. Oh wait...you can't. You can't do anything can you? You can't get up, you can't get out of here, you can't complete your mission, you can't see Piper again. Oh and you can't kill me. I heard all the things you wanted to do me, Joshua. Twisted. We'll make a raider out of you yet." Blake laughs and crouches down, ruffling Joshua's hair.

"Get away from me you fucking psychotic boot licking asshole!" Joshua hisses at him before being silenced by an almighty smack across the face from Blake which echoes across the room.

"DON'T SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!! HAVE SOME RESPECT!!" Blake stands up and shakes his hand around to relieve some of the sting in it. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Blake laughs and walks a few inches over to Erich. He looks down at him with a tilt of his head and places his foot on his chest. Blake presses his boot down onto Erich just enough to cause some intimidating pressure but not as a means of causing pain. "How's it hanging, Hess? Making friends?"
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#585 Posted : 02 March 2019 00:17:34(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

In her office,Erica looks for stuff to block the doorway with. She has a desk and a file cabinet. Probably not enough to keep out an oddly arousing murder machine. But..maybe it's circuits were damaged and it'd lose count of how many targets there were? She could just chill in here and wait this whole thing out. She hears the screaming and mayhem outside and she's more resolved to stay put. Being scared is a feeling she hadn't had in a long time. Yet,here she was. Shaking like the endless amount of wastelanders she had gunned down.
Erica is silent when Billy calls for her help.she sits on the floor,drawing her knees to her chin. Her arm was killing her,her back hurt. Everything was getting stiffer as her adrenaline ebbed. She looks down at her assault rifle and up at the roof. She only held onto one rule in her new life: never screw over someone from the before times...and that's exactly what she was doing. "God dammit." She hisses and gets on her feet. She takes off running full bore back to where shit was going down. She leaps from the top of the stairs to the bottom and keeps running. Spotting her target,she mentally makes a bargain with whatever being runs the universe and drop kicks the assaultron.

Erich is terrible when people cry. He goes full hank hill and doesn't know what to say or do. All he can manage is a "man,don't be. Sometimes you're the toilet,and sometimes you're the user. We just happen to be the toilet at the moment." He says softly.

Erich stops when he hears the voice. It was one that should have filled him wifh anger or fear. But he's emotionally drained and finds Blake's presence amusing more than anything. Hey,being killed was better than starving to death next to a corpse,if erich was going to be honest with himself. "Thank god,it's Blake! Here i was worried my death would be a total sausage hang." Erich grins. He had nothing to lose.he was certain to die,Joshua couldn't feel a thing. Fuck this guy. Harpoon away. Erich agreed with Joshua's actions,Blake was in the wrong spot to receive groveling.

Erich does flinch at the sound of the smack. He did morbidly wonder if Joshua even felt it. If there was any hope of getting from under this concrete,he would be infuriated. But as it sits,there was nothing he could do to change the situation. Erich does give a grunt under the weight of Blake. "Meh, you know. Short and shriveled. The usual." Erich says as if they were co-workers around a water cooler. "Yeah. It's amazing the friends you can make when hopelessly trapped. You should try it sometime. Ten outta ten." He says,looking up to blake.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#586 Posted : 02 March 2019 02:40:00(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

As Erica kicks the Assaultron, the machine falls forward and impales Oscar with its bladed arm. It pierces his chest, through his back and out the other side. As the robot stumbles, Oscar falls to his knees and spits up blood while remaining on the huge blade. Before it has time to withdraw the blade, Billy hops onto the Assaulton's back and quickly gets to work on overriding it's controls. He's never worked so fast in his life nor felt as nervous. Billy's heart races like a train as he reworks the circuits knowing that this thing can turn around and splice him in two at any second. Once he's successful in initiating self destruct, Billy looks over its shoulder to the bleeding Oscar. "I'm sorry, Oz..." Billy immediately turns away, not wanting to dwell on the situation. "GET BACK!!" he commands Reuben and Erica.

Reuben takes hold of Erica and runs with her, fearing that she might go rouge or become self destructive herself. She may be angry at the bot for fatally wounding Oscar or she may be angry at herself for kicking it into him. Either way, Reuben doesn't want to risk his favourite person doing something stupid so he takes it upon himself to direct her away from the blast. He's surprisingly strong when needed, practically picking Erica up off her feet.

As the robot burns up and rattles, Billy holds a door open for his remaining two companions. As the numbers dwindle, it's starting to feel like a sadistic game show like in that episode of Doctor Who. The floors rattle and the bang causes a ringing in the ears. Even Reuben is experiencing discomfort from the sounds of exploding metal.

"Are you OK?" Reuben softly asks Erica, keeping an arm around.

Billy remains silent, looking lost in his thoughts. It's clear that he's thinking about the loss of Oscar, someone who, despite all of the clashing, has always been there. Now...obliterated.

"Friends? There are no real friends in the wasteland, Erich. It's just a bunch of people using you so they have a place to sleep and a preferably Deathclaw-proof roof above their heads. Everyone is waiting to screw you over. As soon as a better offer comes along, they ditch you...maybe even try to kill you," Blake shrugs and takes his boot off of Erich. He looks around the room, purposely kicking pieces of dirt over Erich and Joshua as he turns around in a little circle. The looming serrated glass captures his attention and he lets out a little laugh. "Wow. That really is a thing of beauty. The way it's cut, the way it catches the light, the way it'll tear through your torsos like a hot knife through butter. Amazing. Should I give it a nudge?"

"Why? You gonna lay under it with us? Asshole," Joshua butts in, getting straight to the point and making his feelings clear. He can't fake niceties like Erich. If Joshua can't physically tear Blake a new one, he'll let his words do it.

"You're sounding a little dry and husky there Joshua..." Blake begins as he takes his backpack off from over his shoulder. He rummages around and produces a carton of dirty water. "You need to stay hydrated!" Blake pops it open and starts to pour the dirty water over Joshua's face. Joshua coughs and turns his head from side to side, feeling like he's drowning with the contents splashing over his face and going up his nose while being pinned. Blake keeps going under the carton is empty, throwing it at Erich when he's finished. Before he has time to make another sarcastic remark to Joshua, a muffled boom is heard. The glass rattles and Blake makes sure to step away, standing behind Erich's head for safety just in case. Unbeknownst to them, it is the explosion of the Assaultron and Oscar that's heard. "Oooh...seems like something's close! I think someone else wants to join our little party."

Edited by user 02 March 2019 02:40:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#587 Posted : 02 March 2019 03:51:31(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

The robot falls in slow motion and Erica can see the mistake as it happens. In her mind a tiny Steven Hawking rolls around trying to come up with a physics equation to save the day. But,little Steven finally just throws up his arms and rolls away. Erica is crushed at this being entirely her fault. She could have just stayed in her office and oscar would at least have had a chance. She can feel herself being dragged away by someone as her despair turns to anger. If people would have let her be,Oscar would be alive right now. Her heels drag two little trails in the dust that she focuses on so intensely that she doesn't register the explosion until Rueben speaks. While he saved her from death or at least serious injury,she still jerks away from him. "No no no no no." She screams,running back towards the burning robot and bits of Oscar. She glances around as if there was some magical way of putting everyone back together again. She groans in frustration before whipping the rifle around and unloading the magazine into the robot husk and what's left of Oscar. Lucky for her,the bullets tear into the ancient concrete instead of ricocheting around. When the rifle clicks empty,she grabs it by the hot barrel and swings it like a bat at the robot who is beyond caring at this point. When the gun finally bends and warps,she drops to her knees and sighs. She wanted to cry,but she hadn't been able to do that in years. Silently,she puts a foot on what used to be Oscar,and pulls the assaultron's sword arm out of Oscar. The gun was shit anyway and these were made of good steel.

"Much like the old world,just people are more open about it now." Erich spats. In spite of being relatively cheerful,erich had a bleak world view. Which is probably why be was cheerful. Maybe people needed that in their lives. Erich watches Blake and narrows his eyes in hopes of blocking the dirt. He sputters a bit and goes back to his Blake watching. He hated the man and certainly wanted him to die. Preferably by his hand. But he'd have better luck sprouting wings and flying to the moon than hurting Blake now. "Bet you ten bucks you can't knock that glass down. Actually,i know you can't.look " Erich teases Blake like a kid. He had accepted his fate and was ready to meet it. He had an appointment at a bar with Bettie page.

Erich is rathef pissed about being hit with the carton. It was strange such a thing would piss him off at a time like this. In the grand scheme of things,it didn't matter at all. " now you're waterboarding people,Blake? You sure you aren't Donald Trump?" Erich asks,trying to lift the beam off again. He had visions of feeding that carton to Blake . erich assumed tHe boom was another mutant.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#588 Posted : 26 March 2019 14:25:29(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"It wasn't our fault, it wasn't our fault..." Billy says in a shaken voice as he puts an arm around Erica. Between her pushing the robot into Oscar and Billy detonating them, the pair have enough guilt to share and may be facing a lifetime of night terrors regarding this moment but they can't dwell on this. They can't beat themselves up. Enemies are still at large, friends are still missing and there's an exit that still needs to be located. The show must go on. "We tried our best," Billy says, looking down at the bullet ridden concrete as he tries to fake some confidence and enforce some reassurance. His eyes dart around from his feet, to Erica, to Reuben, to the ceiling, anywhere apart from the smouldering remains of Oscar and the Assaultron. "Come on, we have to stick together..."

Billy ushers Reuben in and they proceed downstairs in a sort of huddle with Erica in the middle. Unbeknownst to them, with Joshua and Erich trapped and all the others on the outside, they are the only three still walking about this huge building with enemies around every corner. They're the most vulnerable and have to stick together. The threesome carefully step over the chaos. "Are you...you want...?" Reuben asks, holding out a pipe revolver pistol to Erica. He witnessed her go through a plethora of bullets before smashing up her rifle. She may be in need of a new albeit less impressive weapon. "Oh..." Reuben stops in his tracks and screws up his face as they hit the next level. The smell is heavy and choking. A mixture of dust and dampness fills the air. It's clearly been disturbed by the blast.

"Smells like a lot of chaos ensued here. Reuben, Erica...keep your wits about you," Billy commands as he edges forward slightly, gently breaking away from their safe huddle formation. While the events of Oscar's demise is preying on his mind, he has to subdue it and step up to the plate. It's time to be a leader again.

"Blake just fuck off...just fuck right off," Joshua says in a hoarse voice. He doesn't want his last moments on Earth to be wasted on some villainous spiel by this wet cabbage of a man. Time is ticking and Joshua's not impressed. "Can you just save it? We get it. You're an asshole. You're bad. You have a fucking chip on your shoulder. Can you either kill us or leave? I want this over with. It's boring me. It's so easy to be the bad guy and...you can't even succeed at that! We don't fear you, we roll our eyes at you. You're a moron." Joshua knows that Blake is lording over them to show off his power in the hope that they'll beg for their lives. He's not giving him that satisfaction. People like Blake thrive on fear and power.

Blake scoffs and chuckles at Joshua's remarks before leaning on the pillar that's pinning Joshua down. Fortunately, Joshua is rather numb so he does not feel the pain and pressure of the added weight. "I didn't succeed? That's rich coming from you. Guess what, Joshy? YOU DIDN'T SAVE THE WORLD! There are no statues or shrines dedicated to you and I know how badly you wanted that so. You couldn't save the poor, you couldn't save the gays, you couldn't save America...you couldn't even save your own sister," Blake shrugs and pouts in mock sadness. Hitting people where it hurts has become Blake's forte.

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!" Joshua spits, squirming around as if he'll suddenly muster up the super human strength needed to lift up this pillar and launch it at Blake. "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! YOU FUCKING MICK JONES SYNTH REJECT LOOKING ASSHOLE!!"

Blake pretends to yawn and looks over at Erich, grasping his harpoon gun and holding it up to the light. "Shall we kill him now and shut him up or see how far we can wind him up first?". Blake hops off of the pillar and walks over to Erich, tilting his head and viewing his current situation. It's clear that Erich is under less rubble than Joshua and is more likely to wriggle free despite the odds still being slim. He'll have to keep an eye on him. "It's pretty much over for Joshy but I could help you out of your situation. What's your freedom worth?"
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#589 Posted : 28 March 2019 00:16:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica was still burning with anger and shame,but she allowed billy's arm around her. She even returned the gesture,slipping her arm around his waist. She let her head fall briefly on his upper arm and nodded. " so it goes." She says softly,briefly quoting slaughterhouse five. Death was just part of life,nothing special. She had to keep that mentality. And if she had her way,she was bringing death to many today. Erica blushed as she saw the demolished concrete and the bent rifle. She had lost her cool... A cool only she thought she possessed. " Yeah. Let's find our way out of here. I'm ready for a luke warm beer." She says tiredly.

As they move downstairs,erica can almost feel the gravity of earth getting stronger. They were that much closer to getting out and back on the road. Being short,erica had to keep glancing around billy and Rueben's shoulders in order to see what was in front and behind her. Erica blushes deeply when Rueben starts to speak. He didn't elaborate,but he still indirectly mentioned one of Erica's lowest moments. She considered snapping at him,let him know she was still dangerous. But ultimately decided against it. She smiled and eased the offered pistol back to Rueben ." no. You may need it. " she says directly to him and raises her assaultron sword arm. "I like the personal touch." She grins. The assaultron sword was decent if someone knew how to use a sword,which she did. She owed it to mariko to cut down their enemies. Even sentry bots could be pierced with the assaultron arm.
Erica's face also sours at the smell. " smells like about 40 wet dogs " she muses. " she steps slightly to the side of the group,opening up swinging room for her sword and nods to Billy.billy

Erich grins as joshua lays into Blake. Blake vastly underestimated the bitterness of men with nothing left to lose. What was he going to do? Kill them? Big whoop. Better now than later. He listens in as blake insults Joshua about not saving the world. "Yeah! Big audio dynamite wasn't nearly as good as public image limited. Run off and fix that." Erich says,waving his hand dismissively. He could only assume that Blake was the cause of Ashley's death. Certainly from the way Joshua reacted. Blake deserved death,but there was nothing either of them could really do to him beside egg him on.

Erich rolls his eyes at the question about Joshua. "That's like tackling someone on the 1 yard line. What's the point?" Erich says to Blake sarcastically. Death by harpoon would be a terrible way to go. But Joshua was probably near death or paralyzed already. Erich didnt want their last moments together to be like this,but what could he do? Erich glares at Blake for a moment,he is barley out of reach,so many fantasies of revenge flow through Erich's mind but they're ultimately just that. He shakes his head at Blake . "sorry,old bean. I'm a cheap bastard. Now piss or get off the pot. I've got places to be and people to do."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#590 Posted : 28 March 2019 03:30:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

As they enter the new floor, Billy slowly nudges the first door they see with his foot, gingerly opening it. They're greeted with yet another disused office. It's a pretty drab and pedestrian space but Billy seems intrigued. Aiming his gun, he inches forward into the room and heads straight for the window. The glass is severely shattered but the iron bars on the outside remain intact, keeping them in their prison. "Yes!" Billy says with glee as he looks through the bars. "We're on the first floor. We just need to locate the next flight of stairs and then we're fucking out of here!" It's been a long time coming and he thought it was a lost cause for the longest time. He never wanted to admit it to the others but he believed they'd meet their maker at the hands of a mutant in here. Seeing that they only have one level to go is a real pinch yourself moment. "Come on!"

Reuben backs out of the room, leading the others out back into the corridor. The road ahead seems treacherous however. Beams and wires hang from the ceiling, the floors make a God awful noise with each step, dust is nipping eyes and clogging airways while an eerie silence fills the level. It's a deathtrap that's clearly been affected by a blast or seven. "Ewww..." Reuben grimaces as he steps over the decapitated corpse of a mutant hound. He slips on some of the blood, falling on his ass with a girly scream. He scrambles back to his feet, looking completely horrified. "Ahh, fucking hell!!". He must have been feeling the terror as Reuben never cusses. He winces and wipes his bloodied hands on the wall.

"Watch your step there, Reu," Billy says sarcastically in a tone drier than the air down here. He's about to laugh but immediately throws his guard back up and raises his gun. "Shhhh!" he commands, leaning against the wall and listening intently. "Hear that?". A couple of muffles male voices are heard coming from...somewhere. One of them, albeit quiet and distance, sounds horrifyingly familiar. "Is that...is that...Blake's voice?". Suddenly, Billy isn't feeling too perky.

Just a few feet away, Blake and the others continue their verbal jousting in one of the dilapidated rooms. "I'm giving you a choice, Erich. I could leave you here to either starve, get split in half or eaten by molerats or you can join a winning side with me and we can both get out of here. A slow death or freedom? I know what I'd choose."

Joshua lets out an exaggerated laugh, mocking Blake for all he can. "You recruiting now?? Winning team?? What fucking team?! Everyone is dead, Blake. There's no team or agenda now. Face it, you have no plan and you're scared. You know your way around this place more than anyone else and you're still lingering in the dark? Your guys are either dead or have ran for the hills. You have no idea what the fuck you're doing now. Is that why you're keeping us around...hoping you'll form a little friendship with us and we'll end up feeling sorry for you?"

"No, I-" Blake begins but is cut off by Joshua as quickly as he started.

"You've pissed off the Minutemen, you've pissed off the Brotherhood, you've stole from Gunners and word is going to get out about what you and your twisted crew have been up to. You're finished, Blake. What's this plan of yours, huh?" Joshua potentially has minutes left on the Earth and he's not spending it as a victim. As long as he can still speak, he's going to tear into this man.

"My plan is to survive. That's always the plan, Joshy," Blake says standing up and walking towards Joshua, drawing all sorts of daggers at him. "It's a shame you're not part of the plan!" Blake swings his leg and boots Joshua in the chest before proceeding to stomp on him repeatedly. "WHAT DID I SAY TO YOU ABOUT HOW YOU ADDRESS ME?!" he yells through gritted teeth, laying his heavy boots into Joshua. Blake takes a deep breath and composes himself before sitting down on the fallen pillar. Joshua is right, Blake has no plan and is losing it.

Joshua starts coughing violently after Blake's assault and it's not too long before blood starts to come up. He turns to Erich, reaching his hand out for him again. Joshua's nose begins to bleed too, showing signs of internal damage.

"Pathetic..." Blake says quietly as he watches Joshua feebly reach for Erich.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#591 Posted : 28 March 2019 05:08:27(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

At the prospect of another room full of threats,Erica readies her sword. She was ready to get messy. Whatever was behind that door was going to be on the receiving end of something theatrically gruesome. After her outburst before,she needed to reestablish herself as a force not to be trifled with. Granted,it was just Billy and Rueben,but she had her pride. She almost sounds sad when it's an empty office. Her steps slow and make heavier sounds on the dusty and rubble strewn floor. But light! Billy saw light! " oh my god,light! We are in the home stretch now!" She says excitedly,patting both her companions on the shoulder.

Back in the corridor she tries to gingerly step around what a left of the hound. They we're hideous things that were actually cuter when beheaded. That mouth creeped her out. Rueben slipping around amuses Erica and she giggles as Rueben swears. It was so odd to hear coming from him. It was like hearing Mr Rogers swear or something. She bends down next to the dog and pats it's cold side. " stay. " she orders before smiling and telling it, " good dog!" In a voice filled with high praise for the obedient hound . her mirth is cut short when Billy draws attention to the voice. A slow smile spreads on her face and she silently shoots off towards the sound. Out from the reach of Billy,who probably would have tried to stop her,she starts skipping while singing. " I'm coming to get you,Blake! Imma going to get you. Gimme an e. Gimme an r. Gimme an I. Gimme a c. Gimme an A! What's that spell? " she sings out sweetly .

In their dank little hole,Blake had his captive audience and seemed to really be enjoying it. Erich just shakes his head at Blake and his proposition. " oh sure. We'll just discuss that whole dustyn thing over some chilled nuka? Nah. I'll starve. " erich says defiantly and turns his head away to disrespect Blake as much as a confined man could do.

Erich nods in agreement as joshua speaks. Joshua was right. Like the prewar days,Blake was all alone. Joshua was admirable. He had principles which was something Erich respected. As Joshua spoke,he did feel slightly sorry for Blake. The same sort of sorry one feels when the neighborhood kid who shocks frogs with a battery charger is mauled by a dog he was attempting to fornicate with. However,Erich does wince at the violence that occurs right next to him. He flinches with every kick. He knew Joshua couldn't take much more of it and reaches out for joshua's hand as well. " this is the difference between you and Josh. People would shun your hand" erich says bitterly. He stares into joshua's eyes before speaking to Blake. "Oh and add the harlots out of goodneighbor to the list of people that want your ass. You might want to get on that. " erich smiles when he hears Erica's voice. He hoped their entire group was with her and ready to rain down holy hell on blake. That'd be something he'd like to see before he died.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#592 Posted : 28 March 2019 06:34:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Billy sighs softly and has to stop himself from rolling his eyes in front of Erica. It's not how he wanted to handle things. While Blake deserves to die horribly and the sooner the better, Billy still wanted time to prepare and formulate a plan. There's no telling how armed and protected Blake is. They also don't have him in sight and he can easily slip away now that he knows he's been found. Billy wanted to take the stealthy approach but it's too late now. Erica's brazenness has forced them to do things the heavy-handed and direct way. "Right..." Billy says, switching from his pistol to his rifle. "Let's get this son of a cunt!" With that, Billy charges down the corridor in the direction of the voice.

Reuben shuffles behind in his bloody shoes, not wanting to risk falling again. He's terrified and has no idea what their plan is but his adrenaline is pumping and he's in survival mode. He knows that in order to get out of here, some bones have to break and more blood has to spill. After surviving Blake's torment, the explosion upstairs, attacks by mutants, hounds, raiders and an assaultron as well as witnessing what happened to Oscar, Reuben's shell is hardening. He's still a very sensitive soul but no longer wishes to bury his head in the sand. "What is the plan, Billy?" he asks, holding his gun in a shaky hand.

"I...have no fucking idea..." Billy confesses, heading in the direction of the voice. Blake obviously stops so they can no longer track him. "Hello!?" Billy calls out, swinging around with his gun in case someone decides to pop out and launch an attack. "Come out whoever and wherever the fuck you are!"

Blake puts his fingers on his lips, telling Erich and Joshua to stay quiet as if that'll ever happen. He keeps his harpoon close to his chest when he hears the voices of Erica and Billy. "We've got company," Blake says with a grin. It's been a while since he's shot an able bodied person down. With an evil smirk on his face, he winks at Erich and Joshua before stepping back, under the panel of glass and off into the dark ruins of the building.

"HEL-" Joshua starts to call out before his voice cracks and he erupts into a fit of bloody coughs. While he may not be able to get his words out, his coughing is still loud enough for the others to hear and follow.

Billy hears the cry and springs into action, heading down to the left and towards a door frame which is partially barricaded by rubble. "Hello?!" he calls out again, carefully stepping up to a space between the debris. He turns back to face Erica and Reuben. "I think that's one of our guys in there. Help me move this shit out the way."
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#593 Posted : 28 March 2019 22:53:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica is still skipping as she makes her way towards where she hears Blake's voice. She assumed most people were like herself and enjoyed the direct approach. It made sense to her,Blake enjoyed violence,she enjoyed violence. It should have worked. "Cmon,don't blue ball me ,Blake" she keeps taunting,now occasionally letting the sword scrape the walls. She pauses slightly when she hears the sound of someone else with Blake. It was a short sound,maybe only a word. But he definitely had someone else there. Maybe Nina and Erich was still alive! This only fueled her lust for blood. Erica halts when she is blocked by rubble. "God damn shitty construction. Can't even handle 200 years or a nuclear blast. "Each one of these rocks is going in your ass,Blakey shakey"

Erich mimics Blake's finger gesture,just with a different finger. He was still stuck,Joshua was still near death. The only difference was maybe now they wouldn't be alone when they died. " careful,the fucking coward ran! Joshua and i are in here! Joshua is....hurt. Bad." Erich calls out. He reaches out for joshua," they're coming for us.they're coming." He says gratefully. " We'll meet our fate among friends."

Erica nods and atarts hefting rubble with Rueben and Billy. "This will be the first time anyone will be happy to see Joshua grimmie." She jokes to her party,not knowing the severity of what was in the room.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#594 Posted : 29 March 2019 01:56:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

After clearing the rubble out of the way, Billy crouches and shuffles forward into the room, making sure to remain low to minimise the risk of being struck by a projectile. Blake is around. Somewhere. Once his eyes adjust to the darkness, he sees the state of Erich and Joshua as well as the room. "Holy fuck! Stupid question but are guys alright?" He crouches down next to Erich before looking up, having to do a double take as he catches sight of the huge panel of glass looming above them all. "Fucking hell!" he blurts out in disbelief. Billy looks over at Joshua then back at Erich. "How's he?" Billy asks in a low voice. He can already see that Joshua is in a bad way and will take a lot more time and effort to free than it will Erich.

Reuben enters the room with Erica, keeping guard with his gun. If he's going to shoot a person best believe it'll be Blake. He shuffles around, keeping close to Erica and often feeling things with his hands. Being deaf and entering a pitch black room is really disorienting for him, cutting off more of his senses. Reuben makes no qualms about it though as this isn't about him.

Billy sees Reuben struggling and decides to ease things up for him. "Reu, you help Erich out. Erica and I will help Joshy," he says with a smile, knowing that it'll be an easier task for Reuben as Erich is much closer to the light of the corridor and is under less debris. "We've got some catching up to do after this," Billy smirks, rubbing some dust off of Erich's forehead before getting up to aid Joshua.

Joshua continues to cough, extending his arms out for Billy and Erica as if he's wanting a hug or to be lifted up like an infant. He just wants some contact after all this time feeling isolated and hopeless. "We're here now, Joshua," Billy says in a soft voice, giving him a very delicate hug in fear of hurting him. He's in bad shape.

"B-Blake...he went over there..." Joshua says in a panic before coughing violently again, still pointing in the direction of his captor to warn them.

Billy sighs and looks over his shoulder. "We'll deal with him, don't worry. He's at the top of all our hit lists. There's an entire team of us and one of him," Billy says reassuringly before looking over Joshua and assessing the situation. When he sees the huge pillar laying over his waist and the pool of blood seeping from under it, Billy's heart sinks. He takes that into account when he sees the amount of blood coming up from Joshua's throat and down from his nose. There's internal bleeding and in these days, nothing can really be done about that. He sighs and looks over at Erica, waiting to see what she makes of the situation.

Reuben offers out a gumdrop to Erich.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#595 Posted : 29 March 2019 04:29:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Patience wasn't a virtue Erica possessed. So it felt like years before they could clear the passageway. If It was around 250 years earlier,she would be heartbroken at the chipped nails and scuffed skin on her hands. But here she was and glamour was in short supply. Though skinning Blake to make a skirt of him had crossed her mind. Erica lets Billy go in first,he probably had a better plan than her...and a gun. Erica grabs Rueben's hand and leads him. If they had to run,he'd at least be tugged in the right direction. "Jesus Christ." Erica says in supplement to billy's assessment of the situation. With the debris on them,it was amazing Erich and Joshua were still breathing. Her attention is drawn upwards by the sound of cracking glass. "The hell?" She asks softly while peering into the void above them. She gingerly steps to the side when she notices what it is. She nudges Reuben and looks up.

Erich is elated to see his friends here with them . for a split second,he wasn't trapped and Joshua was fine. But it wasn't long before reaity reared its head though. He still couldn't pull himself out and joshuas blood had dried on the concrete. The trapped dust captured in it almost made it look fuzzy. Erich looks to Billy and shakes his head slowly. " he was fucked before Blake got to him. Dont sorry about me,get him out." Erich says in a panic while waving his arms. Josh may be in bad shape, but he deserved to be free first. However,he did slap billy's butt and smirked. " this is the second most glad i am to see you." He grins in spite of everything. If Joshua was dying,he thought people should act normal around him.

Erica lets her raging hate boner for Blake go limp. Joshua needed her to be completely here. Erica holds one of joshuas arms and hugs it. His torso looked misshapen,so she didn't want to chance hurting him. " Joshua...youve looked better. " She says softly,rearranging his hair to somewhat normal.she erica looks over the pillar,the very pale color of joshuas exposed skin. There was blood leaking from places she couldn't see. Leaning back out of joshuas sight,she met billy's eyes and closed hers slowly. Short of DRASTIC measures. There was nothing they could do. And drastic was impossible since none of them could properly program a robobrain.

"Blake can fuck off,Joshua." Erica says softly,kneeling next to Joshua. He could wait. They needed to focus on Joshua. " you think if we get erich out,all of us could lift the pillar? Or even get some tools... Erica suggests. It was horrifying to know Joshua would just rot there if he perished.

Erich politely shakes his head at Rueben's offer. " my throat is too damned dry,but thanks." He smiles weakly.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#596 Posted : 30 March 2019 00:57:01(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Billy holds his head in his hands for a moment, trying his best to process everything and keep a cool head. Getting Joshua out is going to be a difficult task and one which may not be fruitful. There's no telling how bad he is under the pillar and with signs of internal bleeding, his fate is pretty much sealed. There's a high chance of Joshua dying within the next few minutes and Billy doesn't know whether just putting him out of his misery or giving him a little while longer to live in pain is the best option.

Before Billy gets to speak, Joshua nods and coughs as he hears Erica's plan. He wants out of here. "Yeah-y-yeah...please....please help me out of here..." he pleads, keeping his arms extended for more embraces. Joshua isn't stupid. He knows that his number is pretty much up but he'll be damned if laying down helpless is how he goes.

"OK, mate..." Billy says softly, giving Joshua's hand a stroke. "We'll get you out of here in no time." Billy has always felt somewhat paternal to Joshua. Back in the old world, he used to manage him since he was 16. He is so proud of what Joshua achieved and the amazing young man he grew to be. They're both opinionated and stubborn as hell, often clashing a lot but Billy always admires that in a person. Not many people have the balls to challenge Billy but Joshua? He'd lecture absolutely anyone if he felt that he was right or hard done by. He once got into a heated debate with Gordon Ramsay over a lobster roll. It was quite something.

Reuben begins to lift the rubble off of Erich, gingerly clearing off the smaller and easier portions first. He's surprisingly strong given his sheepish demeanor, lifting sections of concrete up and away with ease. "How you feel?" he asks, kicking some of the debris off to the side. All that is left to remove is a large table top which is sprawled across Erich's legs, keeping him pinned down. Reuben bends down and grabs an edge of the surface. "One...two...three...". Reuben grunts and begins to lift the table but a terrifying cracking noise fills the room before an extremely loud scraping follows. By moving the table, it's caused a ripple effect on the rubble and disturbed the glass. The huge panel comes sliding down a good five feet before locking into place again.

"FUUUUCKKK!!!" Joshua calls out as he can see it coming down towards them from his ground viewpoint.

"Holy shit!!!" Billy yells in suit as he turns to look up. He throws himself down onto the ground, trying to get as low as possible. When it stops mid-air, Billy tries his best to compose himself, clutching his chest as he catches his breath and feels his heart racing. He looks over and sees a terrified Reuben, holding a large table top at a 45 degree angle. By keeping it still, he's holding the glass in place. "Reuben...you're going to have to stay there. Do not move and inch, OK? Disturbing the mess is loosening that glass." Billy shuffles around on his butt, remaining low and on the floor. He surveys the scene. Joshua is still trapped, Reuben can't hold that thing forever, Erich might not have the power to walk and he and Erica are stuck at the furthest end of the room. It's a dilemma indeed. "Erich, can you wriggle out of that gap? Erica and I are gonna help Joshua. Are you able to get over here and lend a hand?"

"Just go..." Joshua says, looking up at the ceiling and sounding terrified yet defeated.

"What?" Billy asks in concern and disbelief. He knows that getting at least four people out of here rather than killing all five is the more sensible thing to do but it's still so...tragic. "Joshua...we're not leaving you, man. You're not...you aren't staying down here. We'll get you out. It's going to be tricky but we'll get you out of here."

"I'm dying. I can feel it. I've tried to fight this all night but there's no avoiding it now," Joshua says as a tear falls from his left eye. He stays staring up above him rather than giving anyone eye contact. He knows that will just set him off. "Don't play the hero. It gets you in places like this. Go, save yourselves and just...live. Be fucking happy. Go and love who you want to love, do what you want to do. Time is slipping away...don't waste it on someone who wasted his own." Joshua bites his bottom lip and fights back more tears as he can practically feel the final curtain closing. "Been a crazy life, huh?"
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#597 Posted : 30 March 2019 03:39:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"If anyone's stashing some buffout,nows the time." Erica grins when faced with a difficult,but doable task of extracting Joshua. She wanted to keep everyone's spirits up,especially Joshua's. He always caught shit,but here were people that cared enough not to slink away and save their own skins. Erica kisses joshuas dusty forehead softly before mentally preparing herself for manual labor. The woman weighed all of 90 pounds,but she was going to put as much as she could into lifting this thing. " i hear Trump's head is still alive and worshipped by the enclave. We're going to need you,so hold on." She quips before standing.

Erich felt helpless watching Rueben free him. He hated having things done for him,even if he physcially couldn't. He was the sort who would struggle for 20 minutes to open a soda bottle with his arm in a cast,rather than ever ask for help. "Stiff as hell. Unfortunately,just my legs." He tells Reuben while already trying to scooch backwards out of his little hole. Erich freezes when the glass makes itself known again. Minutes ago,he was resigned to his fate,but now? He very much wanted to live. "Sword of Damocles,am i right?" He says nervously after the glass doesn't kill them all instantly. In her side of the room,Erica has curled into a little ball on the floor,holding up her sword in hopes of diverting any glass from her body...pointless as it was hundreds of pounds of glass.

"Fuck,anyone else need a clean pair of pants?" Erich gasps when the glass fully stops and tense calm returns. Not only was Rueben havjng to do something for him,Reuben was now in danger because of it. This was the world's most intense game of Tetris and the music was speeding up. "Just a tiny bit more..." Erich pleads to rueben as the table is moved the fraction of a millimeter that erich needed. Using his arms,he pulls this legs out of the mess of rebar that had trapped his ankles. Due to the prolonged cut off of circulation,Erich's legs were numb,but operable. They just felt like he was atop someone else's legs. He limped to his feet,and felt a thousand feet tall. "God damn,that's a feeling i never thought I'd feel again!" He says in exhaustion. He pats Rueben on the shoulder and nods his thanks. "Fuck Yeah,lets get Joshua." Erich says with determination. Even on shakes legs,he could still be of use. He'd have to disregard osha standards and lift with his back and not his legs.

"The hell we are." Erica says in response to Joshua telling them to go. She flicks her sword in case anyone tries to make a run for it.

"No. Joshua. " erich says,making his way carefully to Joshua. " im not letting you die alone. That's the worst fear i have and im not allowing you to do it." Erich says ,holding on to Joshua's arm. He had grown close to Joshua in a way that only comes from nearly sharing a grave with someone. Erich wasn't fooling himself into thinking Joshua would be fine this time tomorrow. But he deserved better. "You wouldn't leave us." Erich finally says. He always admired Joshua's fire. Yeah,he goofed on Joshua in the past...even recent past. But it was done out of a weird respect.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#598 Posted : 30 March 2019 13:52:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Reuben closes his eyes and lets a few tears run down his face. His legs tremble and he can feel himself becoming lightheaded as the fear and pressure sets in. One wrong move from him and they could all die a horrible death. Everyone is counting on him to hold the table in place and stay still so not to disturb any more of the rubble. He keeps his eyes closed and tries to block everything out, remaining as centred and focused as he possibly can.

Billy can't help but smile when he sees Erich back up and on his feet. His heart might be racing at an alarming pace and he could potentially be split in two by a huge panel of serrated glass but Billy still feels an undercurrent of glee flow throughout his body. It's no secret that Billy has a thing for Erich and he's glad to see that he's fine, for now. "I think that's payback for the wobbly legs you gave me a couple nights ago," Billy jokes, trying to keep the morale up. His adrenaline is rushing and he's very aware of how against the clock they are.

"I knew you'd get out..." Joshua says in a quiet voice, smiling softly up at Erich. He's definitely made a new friend for life, regardless of how much of it he has left. The bond of a near death experienced coupled with being trapped together for hours and sharing a common hatred for the same man is a bond that cannot be broken. He tilts his head as if gesturing to Erich for him to come closer so that he can whisper. "Can you...when...when you get out of here...if you o-or the others go back to Diamond City...keep l-looking into the Mayor for me. The City isn't as safe as you think..." Joshua pleads in a hoarse yet breathy voice before reaching his hand out to hold Erich's again. He's freezing and caked in blood and dust but the contact makes him feel better.

Billy tries his best not to listen in, fearing he'll get too emotional hearing Joshua's possible final words. He wants to remain positive and upbeat for him. "Right guys, you helping me move this then?" he asks, positioning himself over the pillar that has been pinning Joshua down all this time.

With everyone getting into position, Billy's blood runs cold as he hears the crackle of debris under someone's foot from the far end of the room. They aren't alone.

Joshua's eyes widen as he hears it too. He looks up at his friends and silently mouths, "Go!", wanting to save them before it's too late.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#599 Posted : 31 March 2019 08:58:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich wanted to celebrate his new found freedom,pick every one up and spin them around. really go for it. the the cloud hanging over it all was: joshua wasnt coming along with them. "you said you wouldnt tell." erich says to billy with a smirk. erich was glad to be out from under impending death ,though was increasingly feeling guilty that he wasnt spending his last moments here with josh. his true fate could be worse,but at the moment it was in the future.

to erich, joshua's initial words cut deep. perhaps if he had been more open with joshua centuries ago they would not. but here,in this little room? the words did hurt a little. he did know joshua didnt mean them that way. there was never any mistaking how joshua felt about anything. contracting muscles that have spent hours stretched,erich painfully kneels down so he can be close to joshua and hear his ever fainter voice. erich wordlessly nods to joshua. even in this vile hour,joshua was still thinking about the big picture and not about himself. he was indeed a better man than erich was,that was for sure. "yeah. we'll keep an eye on him. see what we can dig up. no rat bastard will be safe. i promise." erich says to joshua solemnly. he takes joshuas hand and holds it gently.

"yeah. we'll look into him. everyone has their vices and the harlots offer it all." erica pipes up to joshua. if one thing was certain,nobody was clean in the wasteland. it was only a degree of how dirty one was....or wished to be. the practical part of erica's mind realized that rueben was her way into diamond city again. though she'd never out him as letting her in. she also hoped that by not murdering someone at the noodle stand again,she'd just another grubby face in the crowd.

"lets do this." erica and erich say in unison to billy. they were prepared to see the absolute worst when they lfted this concrete off of joshua,but anything was better than leaving him to die alone. erica's ears prick up at the very out of place sound. there was the constant shifting of rubble and trickle of pebbles,but this sound was slightly different.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#600 Posted : 31 March 2019 10:35:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Although the events take place in a matter of seconds, everything plays out in slow motion for Billy. Everything somehow manages to be dragged out yet seem like a blur simultaneously. It is a true outer body experience. Being in a compromising position while facing the possibility of death does strange things to a person's mind. Survival mode and self preservation kicks in. Decisions are made in a heartbeat while actions are carried out quicker. While wanting to be there for Joshua and hating himself for the decision he's making, it has to be done. "RUN!!" he commands Erich and Erica, giving Erich a push forward and grabbing Erica by the wrist behind him.

A quick glimpse over reveals Blake standing at the far end of the room on the opposite side of the glass panel. He doesn't linger, leaving the group no other choice but the act fast. Blake aims his harpoon gun up in the air at a 45 degree angle, targeting the upper regions of the serrated glass. It's clear what his intentions are. If the panel isn't going to fall itself, he'll speed the proceedings up himself.

Billy sprints across the rubble, buckling his ankle but he has no time to register the discomfort. He continues to shove Erich forward and pull Erica in tow towards the opening in the wall which they came through. His heart twinges again briefly as they pass Reuben who is still stood holding a huge table top and trying to stop everything from dismantling. There's no time to grab him. They just have to hope for the best. They barely reach the exit before a bloodcurdling scream erupts and shit truly hits the fan.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Joshua bellows at a volume you'd expect from a terrified young man about to die. The swishing of Blake's fired harpoon is heard before the loud shattering of the glass. The horrific sounds pile up in quick succession and the final blow is a horrific, deafening and stomach-churning bursting sound followed by an emphatic shattering and spraying of blood. Joshua's screaming is abruptly silenced.

After the panel collapses and a few more pieces of debris hits the ground, everything bar the thumping sounds of heartbeats in ears falls silent. That is until Billy looks back to check on the situation and begins to wretch and gag. "OH MY-!!" Billy gags loudly, covering his mouth and turning away. "Don't...don't...don't look..." but of course, a statement like that only causes intrigue.

Reuben, now shielding himself under the table and clusters of concrete, peers out from his makeshift shelter and audibly gasps at the sight. A huge slab of glass stands in the room, impaled into the floor and is completely covered in blood. Forget a little spray or splat, the entire panel is doused in red and smeared with innards. The surrounding floor is decorated in a similar fashion with chunks of flesh, clothing and guts swimming in a dark red river. The glass didn't just slice Joshua. With the sheer weight of it, the force it came down with and the pressure on his soft body, it burst him like a balloon.

Billy looks down at his shaking hand and sees that it's covered in blood spray from the carnage. He can feel himself tearing up and trembling frantically as the shock sets in. Joshua's life was just taken from him in the most brutal and undeserving way. He turns to Erich, knowing that the pair had bonded down here. "E-Erich....I....I....". He's lost for words.
UserPostedImage