logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2015 12:03:29(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UserPostedImage

User: YaBoyMB
Title: Michael Brown - Lets Not Talk About It (AUDIO)
Genre: Psychedelic folk, folktronica
Lenght: 5:13
Writer(s): Michael Brown
Producer(s): Michael Brown
Published on: Apr 6th 2015
Views: 3,425,777
Dislikes: 29,893

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who is Michael Brown?

Michael Brown is a 17 year old up and coming musician from Los Angeles California he is known for posting covers on YouTube covering sounds by artists such as Isabel, Austin Nimmo, Evangeline Wolfe, Rum and others though having a small dedicated fanbase Michael never really picked up much attention before this his most popular video was a cover of Valentina Hart's debut single "Pantomime" the cover garnered more attention than his previous covers getting up to 400,000 views and 35,000 likes but he has never reached over that until now that is for the past few weeks Michael has been hinting at his small audience about releasing a debut single getting them hyped up tweeting lyrics, about being in the studio and even posting a teaser of the song on his Instagram for only a day Michael decided about two days ago it would be the perfect time to drop his new debut single "Lets Not Talk About It" posting it on both YouTube and iTunes and it seemed his promo tactics worked his fans began sharing the video all around social media it spreading it like a wildfire before he knew it his song was all over Twitter, Tumblr, Vine and just about every other social media website the song also garnered over three million views in just two days the song has yet to gain any radio play but that's expected to change pretty soon

About the song

"Lets Not Talk About It" is the debut single from American singer, songwriter, YouTuber Michael Black the song was written and produced by Michael using his macbook computer in the song Michael sings about a relationship that seemed to have failed he sings about his regret and his pain after the relationship but what jumps out with the lyrics is the fact that a 17 year old is singing about getting drunk or high see the chorus another surprising thing is how mature the song seems for a 17 year old to write and perform just everything about the song sounds a little too mature the sound, the lyrics just about everything however Michael seems to pull it off in a way you could tel from the way that he sings the song he can definitely relate to the song on a personal level which he should since he is the only writer on the track Michael has recently recorded a few other songs and has plans to release more music this year as an independent artist Michael has also stated after the success of the video that he will still be doing covers and posting as frequently as he's been posting lately however when a YouTuber more specifically a musician YouTuber gets this big of a video you're lucky if they ever post anything on YouTube ever again but we can always hope and even if he doesn't post on YouTube anymore you'll definitely be seeing a lot more of this kid if his single is anything to go by

The song opens up with only a drum being heard for a few seconds before the rest of the instruments kick in giving off a mellow sort of relaxed vibe this goes on for a few more seconds before we finally hear Michael come in his voice sounding deep and emotionless in a way as he sings through the first verse however his voice does definitely go with the mellow beat in the background after finishing the first verse we hear the beat slightly change Michael stops singing as we hear only the beat to the song after a few seconds he comes back in singing differently before he sounded almost emotionless and was singing in a deeper voice however he goes a little bit higher as he begins to sing the rather controversial chorus still keeping a laid back sort of voice though after finishing the chorus we hear the beat go back to normal Michael however once again goes quiet for a few seconds we then hear him come back in singing in that same almost emotionless deep laid back sort of style that he did in the first verse it once again matches the mellow yet funky beat after finishing the verse we hear only the beat once again just like before and once again like before we hear Michael come in singing the chorus the same way as before in that higher laid back style there is a slight rasp in his voice when he sings higher however it's barely noticeable and despite being American a slight accent can also be heard in the chorus after finishing the chorus we hear an instrumental break for about 20 seconds before Michael finally comes back in singing the chorus once more after finishing the chorus we get yet another instrumental break that goes one for about a minute or somewhere close to that before the song eventually comes to an end

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I love the way you lie
Because you do it like a pro baby
And after all I've tried
I guess that I never should have believed
I hope you meet someone you like
And he does what you done to me
If I could go back in time
I would just give it up

I want to just forget about it all
I've never felt this way before let's not talk about it
I'll get drunk and try to write a couple songs
Or maybe I'll just get high let's not talk about it
Or maybe I'll just get high let's not talk about it, let's not talk about it

Been trying not to sleep
Cause what was sweet dreams are nightmares
I've stopped trying to fight this pain
It's all because of you
I can't get you off my mind
I've gotta find a way to forget
I hate the way you lie
Because you do it like a pro baby

*Instrumental break*

Edited by user 09 April 2015 12:04:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 09/04/2015(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 09/04/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 09/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 09/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/04/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 10/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 11/04/2015(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2015 12:16:39(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: You're fucking hot! Oh you have a nice voice, yeah that too hahaha
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 09/04/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2015 13:06:53(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
Erich: I like this cat's mentality. Why talk about shit when there are perfectly fine drugs and alcohol out there?! I personally avoided talking to my neighbor for 15 years. I once made eye contact through a window while he was masturbating. He was partially at fault for having the blinds open,and I may have been siphoning gas from his car. He later perished from alcohol poisoning.The important part is we avoided ever speaking of it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 09/04/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/04/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2015 13:08:40(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Jordan: you picked the one instrument I can play and you sing and can play better then me. This is why I'm even consider a one hit wonder

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 09 April 2015 13:29:47(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: You're fucking hot! Oh you have a nice voice, yeah that too hahaha

Michael: Aye gracias sexy, really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: I like this cat's mentality. Why talk about shit when there are perfectly fine drugs and alcohol out there?! I personally avoided talking to my neighbor for 15 years. I once made eye contact through a window while he was masturbating. He was partially at fault for having the blinds open,and I may have been siphoning gas from his car. He later perished from alcohol poisoning.The important part is we avoided ever speaking of it.

Michael: Jesus I think you just gave me the video for this song you gotta direct it tho haha but for real you need to write a book about that shit or something man I can see it becoming a movie and everything and I'm sure you can do better than that Fifty Shades of Shit man get on it

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Jordan: you picked the one instrument I can play and you sing and can play better then me. This is why I'm even consider a one hit wonder

Michael Aye man thanks for those compliments I appreciate that but just get some stuff out there man you ain't gotta be something you don't wanna be you know what I'm saying?
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/04/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 09 April 2015 13:39:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
That would be like using the beatles as the soundtrack to the goonies. Id direct,but only if I get the role of masturbator. I'm at the stage in my career where I can't take a role stealing gas.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 09/04/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/04/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 09 April 2015 13:50:19(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Evangeline: As a folk musician myself, I'm constantly excited by the return of folk to the mainstream, and I think the rise of "folktronica" music is my favorite sub-genre to come out of it. Thusly, I loved listening to this song. One of my fans sent me to your YouTube page after you did a cover of one of my songs, and I've been following it ever since. Fantastic job. I think you're really going to join the ranks of the other current folk artists soon. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#8 Posted : 10 April 2015 00:41:29(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
That would be like using the beatles as the soundtrack to the goonies. Id direct,but only if I get the role of masturbator. I'm at the stage in my career where I can't take a role stealing gas.

Michael: Aye man I get that and you got yourself a deal however I won't be playing the role of gas stealer either I ain't trying to watch someone do the deed we'll get an extra to play you

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Evangeline: As a folk musician myself, I'm constantly excited by the return of folk to the mainstream, and I think the rise of "folktronica" music is my favorite sub-genre to come out of it. Thusly, I loved listening to this song. One of my fans sent me to your YouTube page after you did a cover of one of my songs, and I've been following it ever since. Fantastic job. I think you're really going to join the ranks of the other current folk artists soon. :)

Michael: Aye I appreciate that and I appreciate the fact that you been subscribed for awhile too team MB go hard haha and thank you so much but I wouldn't exactly classify myself as a folk artist I don't even know what to classify myself as to be honest there are a lot of genre's I love so who knows I could be releasing a folk song today and possibly a more alternative song tomorrow or even a pop song you know what I mean? But it is an honor to be mentioned in that way so thanks again
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 10 April 2015 04:28:52(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: GOSH I had no idea you were only 17 you look and sound like you're mid 20s, you lil baby bird! Spreadin the ~newbie love~ from one newcomer to another, good luck and have fun with all the attention you've been getting and are about to get, it can get a lil overwhelming. Also I'm sooo here for folktronica and the song is a jaaayum, the chorus is stuck in my head. Booo you and your songwriting talents!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 10/04/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#10 Posted : 10 April 2015 06:34:19(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: GOSH I had no idea you were only 17 you look and sound like you're mid 20s, you lil baby bird! Spreadin the ~newbie love~ from one newcomer to another, good luck and have fun with all the attention you've been getting and are about to get, it can get a lil overwhelming. Also I'm sooo here for folktronica and the song is a jaaayum, the chorus is stuck in my head. Booo you and your songwriting talents!

Michael: Aye I promise I'm only 17 but that don't mean I'm a baby haha and thanks V I really appreciate the advice and good luck to yourself too even tho I know you don't need it ha thanks again ma it means a lot comin' from an incredible writer like yourself
My Acts

UserPostedImage