logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2023 09:19:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Ride
Artists: DannyK
Release Date: July 16th, 2023
Genre: K-Pop, R&B, Pop
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Producers: Cory Dionne
Songwriters: Danny Kang, Anabel Cima, Valery Flashman
Label: Dahlhouse Entertainment, One Media Management

"Ride" is the debut solo single by Korean singer, songwriter and model DannyK released on July 16th, 2023 through Dahlhouse Entertainment. The song release follows an official single announcement and a debut stage performance at Bring The Heat Festival on July 15th, 2023. "Ride" is the lead single from K's upcoming debut mini album which has yet to be announced and titled. The record is also the first solo song released by DannyK since a heavily publicized, and rumored departure from popular K-Pop group BYS, first speculated in late 2022. With the group, DannyK emerged as a standout member for his breathtaking visuals, star potential, vocals, marketability and dance abilities, which in part, led to the group achieving popular hits. "Ride" features production from American producer Cory Dionne, who first produced the record in October of 2022 after Danny K entered talks with the Dionne to get on board for the initial mini album.

Following the writing and recording of "Ride", the record was not released quickly, but was purposely held from release in order not release solo music off the heels of a controversial fan letter released by BYS members pertaining to Kang's possible departure, and not to give the aura that Danny K was trying to capitalize off the rumored departure controversy. "Ride" was written by Danny K along with co-writers Anabel Cima, Valery Flashman and delves into the subject of independence and dissolution of relationships. Throughout the record, DannyK captivates his listeners with this groovy vocal performance and jubilant, confident mood, which surprisingly juxtaposes the quite scathing lyrics that are scattered throughout the K-Pop stars debut record.

Prior to the release of "Ride", DannyK emerged as the fresh faced, second to youngest member of K-pop boyband, BYS. At just 18 at the time, the young star set out to become a star having grown up in a small-town in Busan, South Korea. After trying out for a placement in Dahlhouse Entertainment, Kang was eventually offered a trainee contract with the entertainment company. After only having trained for one year, Danny was put in the final line up of BYS as the groups sub vocalist and main dancer, a position which saw Danny be the dancing focus of the group while receiving less vocal opportunities, especially in a group with six other extremely talented individuals. Still, DannyK made the absolute best of his position and was apart of two very successful singles with the group in "All Over U" and most recently, "Mind Games". DannyK also emerged as one of the fan favorites of the group. Following the release of both singles and promotional responsibilities alike, other members of the group, such as leader Lee Yung and main rapper, Kyle, embarked on solo endeavors outside of the group which led to oft-pushed back releases and a lack of an official body of work from the group.

Shortly after, rumors also began to escalate that there was in-fighting within the group, but this has never been confirmed. In 2022, DannyK posted a picture on Instagram, which set fans into a frenzy, who couldn't get enough of K's captivating visuals. Following this, an interaction with popular social media influencer, BitchWat and worldwide star, Billy, led to the hashtag #BYSDanny trending worldwide. Just two days later, DannyK opened up his very own twitter account after having only been active on Twitter through the BYS official group handle. Again, this caused speculation that Danny was either leaving BYS, or focusing on solo endeavors. The following week, Danny K's official website was announced along with a never fallen promotional video and official merchandise which in turn caused the Korean star to trend once more as fans began to anticipate an solo music.

That same day, Danny went on live shirtless to talk with fans. Fans also began to speculate that Billy was seated next Danny during this time following some suggestive tweets between the two and a male figure being seated next to Danny, but not being completely seen. This has never been confirmed or denied. In late 2022, the other members of BYS released an official statement via their website stating that: "BYS are not going anywhere! We are not breaking up. We are incredibly excited to forge ahead with plans we have this year and cannot wait to deliver new music and a mini album in the near feature". This fan letter closed off with signage from all members of BYS, aside from DannyK. However, Kyle took to twitter to stand in solidarity with DannyK, showing support through several tweets back and forth with Danny, which led to speculation that Kyle did not have much say in the statement from the group. Due to the release of the BYS statement, DannyK cancelled plans for his solo single to be released in the originally planned October date, as he felt it would be in bad faith to release a song on the heals of a group statement the overall controversy surrounding his placement in the group, which has still not fully understood or stamped. Instead, DannyK entered the studio to work on his mini album and perfect the "Ride" single. Opting to re-enter the studio with Cory Dionne, and others throughout the first quarter and early second quarter of 2023.

In July of 2023, having finished recording all the songs for his soon to be released mini album, DannyK re-emerged and announced via twitter and his website that his debut stage was to take place at Bring The Heat Festival on Saturday, July 15th. Along with this announcement, Kang also unveiled the artwork and single title of his debut, entitled "Ride" along with new exclusive merch to be sold at his very own vendor at Bring The Heat Festival. On July 15th, 2023 at Bring The Heat Festival, DannyK put on a show stopping performance of "Take Flight" and performed "Ride" for the first time. Due to the high anticipation and clever promotional choices, DannyK's performance garnered massive engagements across all social media platforms that also stood in line with the likes of established artists that headlined the event. The next day, on July 16th, "Ride" premiered worldwide and was made available for streaming and digital download with the song being serviced to radio on Monday, July 17th, 2023.

Sound wise, "Ride", is a upbeat, groovy R&B and Pop record that features muted guitar and hints of a trap beats, with its backing beats complementing Danny's smooth harmonies and direct lyrics. The chill beats and overall melody create elements that juxtaposes the slightly upfront lyrical content, which in many cases, can finally give fans answers to all of the speculation pertaining to Danny and how he feels at this current point in time. It can also be described as Danny's making a "statement" musically after more than a year of rumors surrounding his name. The record opens up with a sub woofed backing beat, which sees Danny introduce his listeners to some catchy spoken words before the record breaks into its trap driven backing beats as Danny provides harmonious vocals and clear quick paced lyrical content. As the song progresses, it disperses into a dance track due to the percussion during the big chorus which gives listeners a sense of suspense due to the building pre-chorus that breaks into the chorus that doesn't leave fans disappointed as all of the instruments come together to burst into a late night, summery, confident chorus. Considering Danny K's cool, laid-back confidence, the song’s bass-heavy chorus goes nicely with the breezy and chill production values, while the sudden "I'm blind to all the things you do" in Danny's sweet falsetto adds a bit of seductive prowress. Throughout the track, Danny's vocals are never static or boring but is constantly in flux to match the mood and story of the song.

Lyrically, "Ride" hits on the subject of independence, dissolution of relationships, being headstrong, carving out one's own lane and breaking free from control. In some ways, listers may liken this to being a response to anyone who has done DannyK wrong or tried to control him within his life, as Danny alludes to wanting to "switch up his currency" and "having no one running me" and being "just about done", which may further shed light on the control Danny may have faced while being a group with one sole leader and issues may have arisen. "Ride" sees Danny take the drivers seat in how own story, not allowing for the speculation to control the narrative anymore, but instead makes a huge statement with his cool delivery of some scathing lyrics that are quite complex in ways, with listeners having to listen to the song numerous times to unpack each section of the song with this imagery in the lyrics.

In the first verse of the song, DannyK reflects on the positives of past as he sings "Started out, from the highest high/With no doubt, we were on that ride" but implies that there was a demise somewhere along the way. He sings: "There was fire and we faltered/Burned down my look-out/Sunlight on my shoulder/Cast a shadow of doubt" which uses imagery to liken a fire as in-fighting and the sunlight being the lights of fame, creating a shadow of doubt between him and an unknown protagonist. The prechorus is slightly more direct,and implies that someone told him that he used to be fun, and now he's just about done. The chorus establishes DannyK letting it be known that he doesn't need that person, but they instead, need him, but instead he's riding on his own way and driving on his own side. He ends of off with a strong falsetto, as he coos "Driving on my own side/I'm blind to all things you do. Elsewhere, Danny sings: Said there was only room for one /Couldn't make that all of us?/Now watch my price go up/Unless you switch up your currency/Just know I'm having no one running me/Non-disclosure, can't ride for free" which makes it clear that he's "switching up" his currency and doing this own thing, as independent individual." Through the cool and breezy production, DannyK offers more than just a catchy debut solo, but a clear statement of his independence.

RIDE

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Yeah, yeah, yeah
(Imma ride, gon' ride, yeah, yeah)

Started out, from the highest high
With no doubt, we were on that ride
I was all summer wine
We were the mist of time
On my distant horizon

There was fire and we faltered
Burned down my look out
Sunlight on my shoulder
Casted a shadow of doubt

I was looking for forever
(You said, I used to be fun)
Like cherries in the ripe sun
(Now I'm just about done)

You need me I don't need you
For that ride or die too
Driving on my own side
I'm blind to all things you do
I said you need me I don't need you
For that ride or die too
Driving on my own side

I’m about done
Winding down this operation
Left me in stitches
They’ve come undone
Who knew you were an imitation
Full of my limitation
Like ripe cherries in the sun
I’m just about done

Said there was only room for one
Couldn't make that all of us?
Now watch my price go up
Unless you switch up your currency
Just know I'm having no one running me
Non-disclosure, can't ride for free

Doors closed, my soul's not for you
(I'm priceless)
No money can buy this
(It's all mine)
Switched up my currency
Having no one running me

For that ride or die too
Driving on my own side
For that ride or die too
Driving on my own side

Don't listen to what they say
The world's changing like every day
Soul's not for sale, fusing dimensions
Flight's not worth losing ascensions
Danny K energy, the new currency
Boost up your frequency
You need that energy to ride with me

For that ride or die too
Driving on my own side
For that ride or die too
Driving on my own side

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Sounds Like:

RELIVE DannyK's showstopping performance at Bring The Heat Festival!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 17/07/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/07/2023(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/07/2023(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 17/07/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 18/07/2023(UTC), RadioVine on 18/07/2023(UTC), erich hess on 19/07/2023(UTC), Stephyfierce35 on 20/07/2023(UTC), PANIC! on 21/07/2023(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2023 09:22:29(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3547 time(s) in 1270 post(s)
Camille Preston: Congrats on your debut single i mean you kill it on stage and when i saw you on stage i was proud mama! I'm excited to see what next for you Danny!

Slim Money: Heard your song man and it fucking dope! Grind don't stop so remember that!

OCC: Great Job

Edited by user 17 July 2023 09:24:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 17/07/2023(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2023 02:43:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Camille Preston: Congrats on your debut single i mean you kill it on stage and when i saw you on stage i was proud mama! I'm excited to see what next for you Danny!

Slim Money: Heard your song man and it fucking dope! Grind don't stop so remember that!

OCC: Great Job

Danny: @Camille Thank you Camille. Saw your performance too and you rocked it!

@Slim Money The grind never stops man! Thank you for the liberating works

OOC: Thanks so much for checking this out x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 18/07/2023(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2023 01:36:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Billy: I'll get the lube. Oh, it's not THAT kind of riding you're talking about? My bad. Anyway, this is still an absolute tit slapper of a song. It's totally my vibe. I love how chill and smooth it all sounds while still having enough pace and variety to remain exciting. Your voice, the production, it's all so lush. Fucking love it. See huge things coming your way. People are already talking, Danny mate ;)

OOC: Excellent work on everything here! From the lyrics, to the description, to the fantastic live performance, even the promo surrounding this launch - it has all been executed perfectly. I know this release has been a long time coming and I'm so happy to see it finally out there! Amazing, Jaime!

Edited by user 19 July 2023 01:40:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/07/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 19 July 2023 17:01:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Maliah: I love this track and it's an amazing way to debut as a solo artist. The hype train is fully in motion, with this single and your performance at the weekend, you really 'THAT GUY' right now and rightfully so. This is a great track and a perfect debut single, it showcases your abilities so much and sort of separates you from the group with more of an emphasis on the R&B side of things. I can't wait to see how this solo run works out for you, I think you're blowing up in a huge way and that's great to see. Also pretty sure I'm in love with your face ... but let's not get into that right now!

OOC: Great work on this debut, you've already quickly established his name and combining the festival performance with the single is just perfection. You've always been great with pulling things together like this and doing a roll-out that feels so real. The track is brilliantly written and incredibly in-depth too! Great stuff! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/07/2023(UTC)