logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2023 15:00:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3959 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Maniac
Genre: Electro-Pop, Latin-Pop, Reggaeton
Length: 2:54
Label: Big Diamond Records
Written By: Cameron Jacobson (Verses), Dennis Matkosky, Michael Sembello (Chorus)
Produced By: Jacobo Calderon, Edwardo Gomez
Taken From The Album: 21st Century Boy

”Maniac” is the second official single by American singer-songwriter and dancer Cameron Jacobson, the now 22 year-olds previous release came in the form of 2020’s ”Pompeii” which was a top ten hit when it reached #8 on the chart heat singles chart. Following the release of Pompeii and a stint in celebrity big brother the young star seemingly disappeared. Fast forward three years and the singer signed with Big Diamond Records and secretly began working on his debut album now title ”21st Century Boy”

”Maniac” not only marks the return of the young star but also marks his first official release for Big Diamond records. ”Maniac” was written by Cameron himself with the star also sampling the song of the same name from the Flashdance motion picture using the chorus of the sampled song within his own lyrics. ”Maniac” was produced by Spanish production duo Jacobo Calderon and Edwardo Gomez giving the song a strong Latin vibe. The song is the first to be lifted from Cameron’s debut album which is due to be released early in 2024. The song has a total run time of two minutes and fifty four seconds.

Critical reception for the track has been mixed to mostly positive with many critics liking the use of the sample, however many felt the vocals were a little overproduced. Marco Rossi of DigitalSpy wrote in his review. “Using the sample from Flashdance I can’t say I saw that coming since that movie came out in the 80s long before Cameron was even born, but I must say I like how he has incorporated the chorus of that song into his own song, he has somehow managed to make a bop from a very old song and mix it with his own lyrics to make an entirely knew song, colour me impressed by the young man”. Jessica Kara from NME wrote in her postive review. “Oh this song is a little naughty, naughty but a dang bop….and that sample brings back memories from my own childhood”. Aaron Jackson was less favourable in his review of the song writing. “Now I can see this going over with millennials and people of a similar age to Cameron but I’m sorry this is just far to generic for me, I also found that his use of a track from the 80s a little odd 4/10 from me. Harris Mack from idolator wrote in his review in which he gave the song a 2/10. “Very generic plus I feel like his vocals are over produced, like I wonder what he would sound like singing this live, I detect a lot of auto tune and studio techniques that made this song even remotely listenable, plus to me the sample from the incredible Flashdance makes no sense against his own lyrics.”

Cameron Jacobson wrote:
Ah my second single, feels like it has been a hot minute for me to be releasing music, I had a blast with this one and when the producers came to me with the sample I was intrigued because I’ve never seen Flashdance but apparently the song from that film was mad popular in the 80s, so I figured why not spice it up and make a sexy song around that song with a cheeky sample. So here it is my second single “Maniac” hope you guys love it as much as I loved making it!

Lyrics
Contains a sample from the song “Maniac” by Michael Sembello (from the movie Flashdance)

When she hits the club the boys stop and stare
The way she works and twerks it
Driving us boys loco
She drops it like it’s hot in here
Dancing like nobody is watching
She got the temperature rising
With her booty shaking, booty shaking
It’s earthquaking

Shaking it like it’s hot
Got me burning up
Shaking it like it’s hot
Got me burning up

She’s a maniac, maniac dancing
And she dances it like she’s never danced before
She's maniac, maniac dancing
And she dances it like she's never danced before

The way she moves is like a does of dopamine
She’s moves and sets the mood
All the boys getting naked
Tempted by the way she moves
She’s so VIP
She’s throwing shapes
Like this young boy ain’t ever seen
Oh mami got papi sweating
Turning up the heat

Shaking it like it’s hot
Got me burning up
Shaking it like it’s hot
Got me burning up

Shaking it like it’s hot
Got me burning up
Shaking it like it’s hot
Got me burning up

SOUNDS LIKE:

CONTAINS A SAMPLE FROM:

Edited by user 15 August 2023 15:06:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/08/2023(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 15/08/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/08/2023(UTC), erich hess on 17/08/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/08/2023(UTC), PANIC! on 27/08/2023(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2023 12:26:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Lincoln: Omggggg it's sooooo good to have you back, Cameron! This song is such a bop and I really looooove the sample in the chorus. I really love 80s pop and high energy music. Makes me want to dance like there's no tomorrow! So happy that you're releasing music again and can't wait to hear more :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 16/08/2023(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 22 August 2023 11:57:37(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3959 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Lincoln: Omggggg it's sooooo good to have you back, Cameron! This song is such a bop and I really looooove the sample in the chorus. I really love 80s pop and high energy music. Makes me want to dance like there's no tomorrow! So happy that you're releasing music again and can't wait to hear more :)

Cameron: Thanks man, honestly feels great to back, have loved every second of making this album and I can’t wait to release more singles and the eventual album, so glad you like it man!
UserPostedImage