logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Head South Records  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2023 02:22:51(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 50 post(s)
[Transcript of "Head South" Live Event Featuring Voodoo Dolls]

[The scene is set in the car park of a supermarket near Brighton, UK. The small stage stands against the urban backdrop, drawing the attention of passerby and curious customers. As the minutes ticked down to showtime, the scene was a bustling hive of activity. Haru Shibata, the enigmatic vocalist and guitarist, strummed her instrument with precision while Jack Lai, the irreverent drummer, shared jokes with curious children who were drawn to the rhythmic heartbeat of his drum kit..

Then, a moment of suspended anticipation enveloped the crowd as Jack raised his drumsticks high above his head, awaiting the signal to ignite the evening. With a resolute stare, Haru addressed the crowd, her voice carrying an air of both defiance and urgency, "hey, we're Voodoo Dolls from London."]

Haru Shibata: (addressing the audience) Hey, we're Voodoo Dolls from London!

[Without warning, Haru's voice pierces through the air, a raw scream setting the tone for the hypnotic journey about to unfold : "Everyone's for sale, here!!!!"]

[Her fingers dance across the guitar strings, conjuring a repetitive riff that wraps around the audience. Simultaneously, Jack's drumbeats resonate with a relentless pulse, echoing Haru's call.]

Jack Lai: (singing)

"Come on, I will tell you
How much I charge
To see my face and my empty eyes
Everyone's for sale!"

jack

[Haru adds depth to the performance with a blend of English and Japanese:]

Haru Shibata:

"Daremoga urimonodesu (everybody's for sale), Kono sekai de (in this World),
It's a pay-to-live World!"

[As the music reverberates, the crowd divides. Local fans, devoted and spirited, initiate a bestial pogo dance. Casual observers linger towards the back, absorbing the spectacle with varying degrees of engagement. Children, some covering their ears With hands, others captivated by the energy, paint a diverse picture of the audience.]

Jack Lai: (belting into the microphone for the bridge)

"You have to pay for everything you see,
and you'll take nothing to the grave!
From the cradle to the grave
We're just commodities in 1080p!
No more blood, just pixelized faces!"

haru

[Haru's ethereal vocals cut through the chaos, delivering a haunting spoken verse: (a juxtaposition of vulnerability and defiance):]

Haru Shibata:

"Watch me if you have some
I need some
Touch me if you have some,
I need some,
Don't you wanna see me now?
I need some
Don't you wanna see me now?"

[The guitar riffs echo, a reverberating punctuation to Haru's part. Her words cut through the air like a blade, a stark commentary on the commodification of life.]

[In spite of her petite stature, Haru's presence looms large. She confronts the supermarket customers, full carts as a backdrop.]

Haru Shibata:

"Click on my name,
Yeah, you can follow me
Faces pressed on screens
Half-off sale on my privacy
We're branded and packaged, can't you see?
Trading ourselves for pennies
It's a pay-to-live World!"

[The bridge returns:]

Jack Lai:

"You have to pay for everything you see
And you'll take nothing to the grave!
From the cradle to the grave
We're just commodities in 1080p!
No more blood, just pixelized faces."

[Haru steps forward, confronting the shoppers, their full carts a stark contrast to the raw, unfiltered energy on stage.]

Haru Shibata:

"Watch me if you have some
I need some
Touch me if you have some,
I need some,
Don't you wanna see me now?
I need some
Don't you wanna see me now?"

[Then Haru and Jack sing their parts together three times until the end:]

"You have to pay for everything you see, and you'll take nothing to the grave!
(Watch me if you have some, I need some)
From the cradle to the grave, we're just commodities in 1080p
(Touch me if you have some, I need some)
No more blood, just pixelized faces!
(Don't you wanna see me now? I need some)"

[As the song concludes, a brief silence hangs in the air, the impact of Voodoo Dolls' performance still resonating. Enthusiastic fans erupt into applause, their cheers a testament to the power of the music. Casual customers seamlessly resume their shopping routine, a surreal return to the everyday.]

[Haru and Jack, still in the afterglow of the performance, address the audience with smiles and gratitude.]

Haru Shibata and Jack Lai: Thank you!

[As they begin to gather their equipment, an eager fan's exclamation pierces the air, punctuating the moment with light-hearted humor.]

Fan: (to Jack) "Let me purchase you, Jack!"

[Haru laughs, and Jack responds in kind.]

Jack Lai: "Credit card?"

[Adjacent to the stage, representatives from Head South Records oversee a table laden with merchandise and Voodoo Dolls' debut single "Pay!", offering fans a tangible piece of the electrifying experience.]

t

Edited by user 28 September 2023 01:38:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 3 users thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/09/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/09/2023(UTC), 2001clay on 27/09/2023(UTC)