logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Head South Records  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2023 07:18:01(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Sigrún's début single now available

Watch the video here

Title: Banished
Artist: Sigrún
Genre: Alternative Rock

[Opening shot]
The music video opens with a sweeping aerial view of a vast and rugged Icelandic landscape. The camera slowly descends, revealing Sigrún standing alone on a desolate hill, framed by a dramatic, overcast sky.

g

I don't know why I am
The way I am

As Sigrún begins to sing, the camera focuses on her, capturing the raw emotion in her performance. She walks with purpose through the rugged terrain, the wind whipping her hair and clothes.

g

The lyrics "I don't know why I am, The way I am" resonate against the backdrop of the harsh, natural beauty of Iceland.

Earth is Trembling
Earth is trembling again
Charken mountains
In the dark lands
Ashes on boots
I got to Head on

Interwoven with the performance shots are powerful visual metaphors. Close-ups of Sigrún's boots covered in ashes symbolize her journey through adversity. The camera also captures fleeting glimpses of her looking skyward, as if seeking guidance from a higher power.

h

I'm banished
I got to head on, baby!
Banished and scorned
I'm banished
Just heading on!

As the chorus hits, the imagery intensifies. Shots of volcanic landscapes and steaming geysers reinforce the lyrics. The viewer feels the elemental forces at play, reflecting Sigrún's internal struggles.

Oh, the tempest roars
The thunder crashes
In the heart of the storm
My spirit lashes

h

A seamless transition takes us to a new location, showcasing the contrast between the dark, foreboding land and a roaring volcano. Sigrún stands in front of the eruption, her presence a defiant force against the elements.

There is Sulphur
In the air
I'm breathing
Help me Jesus
To get through it

j

Sigrún continues to sing with unwavering determination. The lyrics "Earth is Trembling, As long as I'm breathing" take on a visceral quality, mirroring the dynamic energy of the environment.

I'm banished
I got to head on, baby!
Banished and scorned
Just heading on!

UserPostedImage

The bridge begins, and this time, the visuals intensify even further. The camera captures the earth quaking beneath Sigrún's feet, emphasizing her resilience in the face of adversity. The juxtaposition of her solitary figure against the vast, turbulent landscape creates a powerful visual contrast.

b

I'm shaking the Earth
Distancing continents
I live in ice age
While they're burning

The music video takes a contemplative turn, with moments of stillness and introspection. Sigrún's gaze pierces through the camera, conveying a sense of inner strength and resolve. The lyrics "Distancing continents, I'm shaking the Earth, I live in ice age, While they are burning" resonate deeply against the backdrop of the stark Icelandic environment.

h

As the video approaches its climax, Sigrún's performance reaches its peak. The visuals amplify the intensity, with sweeping shots capturing the magnitude of her presence in this unforgiving landscape.

Idon't know why I am
The way I am
Banished by Humans
Banished and scorned
I got to head on, baby!
I'm banished
I'm banished
Banished

b

h

The video concludes with a wide shot of Sigrún standing on a cliff, gazing out at the turbulent sea. The wind whistles around her, echoing the strength and determination she has shown throughout the video. The final frames fade to black, leaving the viewer with a lingering sense of Sigrún's indomitable spirit.

Idon't know why I am
The way I am
Banished,
Banished ...

e

[End credits]
The screen displays credits for the director, cinematographer, production team, and, of course, Sigrún. The haunting melody of "Banished" lingers in the background, leaving a lasting impression on the audience.

[Lyrics]

I don't know why I am
The way I am

Earth is trembling
Earth is trembling again
Charken mountains
In the dark lands
Ashes on boots
I got to head on

I'm banished
I got to head on, baby!
Banished and scorned
Just heading on!

Oh, the tempest roars
The thunder crashes
In the heart of the storm
My spirit lashes.
There is sulphur
In the air
I'm breathing
Help me Jesus

I'm banished
I got to head on, baby!
Banished and scorned
Just heading on!

I'm shaking the Earth
Distancing continents
I live in ice age
While they're burning

Idon't know why I am
The way I am
I'm banished by Humans
Banished and scorned
I got to head on, baby!

I'm banished
I'm banished

Banished,
Banished...

Edited by user 04 December 2023 20:56:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 5 users thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
2001clay on 10/11/2023(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/11/2023(UTC), erich hess on 11/11/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/01/2024(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/01/2024(UTC)
Offline Head South Records  
#2 Posted : 04 December 2023 18:01:07(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 50 post(s)
h

I'm thrilled to announce the release of my debut album! Huge thanks to Head South Records and all the incredible artists who joined me on this journey. I'm incredibly satisfied with the result! I feel so lucky !

To my amazing fans, your lovely comments reached me, and even though I'm not on social media, your support means the world! Thank you for being a part of this musical adventure. 🙏❤️

This album is not mine anymore, it's all yours now. Hope you'll enjoy it ! 😄

j
h
g
l
j
s
d
p
y
whale
h
g
g

Edited by user 10 January 2024 21:33:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 4 users thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/12/2023(UTC), 2001clay on 07/12/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/01/2024(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/01/2024(UTC)