logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JohnnyZombie  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2024 15:42:57(UTC)
JohnnyZombie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 33 post(s)
UserPostedImage

The band, The Pines, recently released their debut album, "Lost Whispers in the Wind," which has been steadily gaining popularity on the charts. Originally planned to be released on Stella's birthday, February 5th, the album went through multiple iterations to ensure perfection. The album stands out among the current music landscape, as it combines contemporary elements with experimental sounds. Despite the band's busy schedule over the past nine days, we had the opportunity to chat with them about the album, their future touring plans, and their interests outside of music.

GMM: Good day, ladies. We appreciate you being here.

Stella: It is truly a pleasure to be here. I've been an avid subscriber of this magazine for approximately 15 years, as it is the only music review source I genuinely value.

Katie: You have never provided dishonest reviews. I am aware that you have given both Hollywood Zombie and Suicide Party both positive and negative feedback. Your straightforwardness encouraged us to revisit and improve the aspects that were lacking.

GMM: How does it feel to finally release the album? I understand that it underwent several revisions and adjustments, which must have been quite stressful.

Carrie: Stella is a perfectionist who strives for excellence in every aspect. She meticulously listens to various mixes until she deems them acceptable. We had four different versions: a rough mix, a low-fi mix, a hi-fi mix, and the final one we released.

Stella: I simply refuse to release a subpar product, whether it's for our fans or for ourselves. Despite my demanding nature, Johnny Guitar always manages to remain calm, and I honestly don't know how he does it.

Katie: Striving for perfection is beneficial. We had no strict deadlines, and I believe the label hasn't imposed any either. We can take a relaxed approach, as long as we are mindful not to prolong the process to the point where people forget about us.
GMM: Could you please share with us the story behind the last-minute decision to establish the producer and label known as Zombie Records?

Katie: In the past, we had a group of exceptionally talented individuals who operated Metamorphosis Records. I carefully selected these talented individuals, and for a substantial period, we became the most popular label in the industry. However, as is the nature of things, bands move on, break up, and people move on as well. Consequently, we made the difficult decision to close our doors. About a month ago, an idea struck us. We decided to build upon the foundation we had established at Metamorphosis and launch our very own label. We named it Zombie Records as a tribute to the former band members associated with the previous label.

Stella: Katie possesses a wealth of knowledge on this matter, while I am here to focus on making music. She excels in the intricate world of business, having pursued education during the period when our bands were on a hiatus. Additionally, our longtime best friend, Johnny Guitar, serves as the producer for our label.

Carrie: Naturally, we chose Johnny. When it came to selecting a producer, I would always choose my boyfriend over any other individuals. However, the main reason we decided on him was that everyone else was occupied with their own commitments. We engaged in discussions with Jonas Haaland and brought him on board, sharing our vision with him.
He did some mixes that we loved, but he was preoccupied with other projects. We have booked him for future releases. However, have you heard Johnny's work? He is highly regarded in the industry.

CMM: Are the Pines interested in touring, or do you solely focus on making music?

Katie: Touring does not make much sense to us, considering the way venues and Ticketmaster mistreat fans. We need to find a better solution where our fans can afford tickets without the interference of bots and scalpers.

Stella: It is incredibly frustrating. Katie and I wanted to attend a Taylor Swift concert, but getting tickets was nearly impossible. And even if you do manage to get them, people can rarely afford the exorbitant prices. The Misfits with Danzig are a perfect example of sellouts charging outrageous amounts. We are always brainstorming ways to provide our loyal fans with affordable tickets.

CMM: Besides music, what other pursuits do the members of the Pines engage in?

Stella: Katie and I recently got engaged! It's crazy, I know. We have been dating for 17 years now. Our main focus is jamming together and developing ideas for various projects.
We like to see shows and movies and travel to Tennessee, we are the boring ones lol

Katie: since I've joined the band, we've been working on some crazy shit. Lately we laid down a county punk album down in 3 days, it was energy drinks, coffee and maybe something else, we like a challenge, we have an album ready to be mixed but titles change and we wanted to do a double album called " Career suicide" but I don't think that will see the light of day.

Carrie: Johnny and I like to travel and we are simple people, we read a lot, that's were our inspiration comes from, we have two cats and like Carrie and Katie we also have jam sessions together, we did one the other night stoned the fuck out and came up with some trippy shit. Like Manson meets pink Floyd type shit.

CMM: what's going on about the lost album, I saw it was posted and ready to be released and now it's been deleted.

Stella: someone leaked that shit. The track listing was fake the album covers were fake, it was a good fake right?

Katie: 10 songs? Did they pull them out of our asses? We are lucky to have 4 or 5 outtakes. Crazy what people will do, plus we want to wait a few months to release it maybe as a deluxe edition. Who knows.
thanks 2 users thanked JohnnyZombie for this useful post.
Head South Records on 30/01/2024(UTC), erich hess on 03/02/2024(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2024 23:13:27(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
Erica: congrats, Katie and Stella! I couldn't imagine not touring,but I totally get it. Especially if one isn't exactly mainstream and selling out stadiums.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.