logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PatagonianFox  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2009 06:58:56(UTC)
PatagonianFox

Groups: Registered

this would be a great idea for a FAQ.
Offline cam  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2009 10:12:35(UTC)
cam

It depends on how many points you spend on recording the album.

The more points you spend, the higher the cost increases, to represent the increased cost of spending longer in the studio I would assume.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline PatagonianFox  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2009 12:35:46(UTC)
PatagonianFox

yeah. i know it varies. i've only released 1 single, and if i recall correctly it costs £1,000,000 for the top producer at max points (35).

how much is it for the top producer when releasing an album using the max 150 points?
Offline Captain Insano  
#4 Posted : 17 July 2009 14:38:48(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
It costs 1.5 million at maximum points for an album
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline PatagonianFox  
#5 Posted : 17 July 2009 16:10:29(UTC)
PatagonianFox

cool. thank you.
Offline cam  
#6 Posted : 17 July 2009 19:56:15(UTC)
cam

A single with max points (35) costs £350,000.

So obviously at max points each point costs £10,000. Don't know if that still applied at less than full points, I have to be honest. And I think that as you take each step down the ladder in the production scale the next producer costs 10% less. I THINK. I'm not totally certain

UserPostedImage
Offline PatagonianFox  
#7 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:21:39(UTC)
PatagonianFox

cam wrote:

So obviously at max points each point costs £10,000. Don't know if that still applied at less than full points, I have to be honest. And I think that as you take each step down the ladder in the production scale the next producer costs 10% less. I THINK. I'm not totally certain

i don't think thats true. when i recorded my one and only single the top producer cost £1,000,000. i had to use Rubber Johnny, because i didn't have enough cash for a better producer. my single with max points consisting of 3 songs all rated above 95 was released with an 87 rating. i know i had at least £350,000, and i would have spent it on a better producer had it been an option.
Offline Gildermershina  
#8 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:50:37(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

i don't think thats true. when i recorded my one and only single the top producer cost £1,000,000. i had to use Rubber Johnny, because i didn't have enough cash for a better producer. my single with max points consisting of 3 songs all rated above 95 was released with an 87 rating. i know i had at least £350,000, and i would have spent it on a better producer had it been an option.

That's wrong, albums are 1 mil, singles 350k.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline cam  
#9 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:55:46(UTC)
cam

An album is well over £1m. I'm sure it's nearer £1.5m

UserPostedImage
Offline PatagonianFox  
#10 Posted : 18 July 2009 07:03:47(UTC)
PatagonianFox

Gildermershina wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

then call it a bug. i've been charging £99 per concert ticket since i was playing small clubs. i had well over £350,000, and could have easily afforded a better producer had it not costed so much.
Offline Aj  
#11 Posted : 18 July 2009 07:36:56(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
PatagonianFox wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

then call it a bug. i've been charging £99 per concert ticket since i was playing small clubs. i had well over £350,000, and could have easily afforded a better producer had it not costed so much.

You cant cant charge £99 per concert when you sell out small clubs? You can enter the number, but it doenst charge that much
Offline PatagonianFox  
#12 Posted : 18 July 2009 07:57:48(UTC)
PatagonianFox

Aj wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

You cant cant charge £99 per concert when you sell out small clubs? You can enter the number, but it doenst charge that much

yes you can. i read about it on this forum, and have been doing it ever since.
Offline Gildermershina  
#13 Posted : 18 July 2009 08:02:19(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
PatagonianFox wrote:
Aj wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

Yeah but it doesn't actually charge 99 for each gig, it just charges the maximum available.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#14 Posted : 18 July 2009 09:14:26(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
PatagonianFox wrote:
Aj wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

My point exactly :)
Offline cam  
#15 Posted : 19 July 2009 02:34:12(UTC)
cam

PatagonianFox wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
PatagonianFox wrote:
cam wrote:

Of course it's a bug. You have played this game right? UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage