logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2010 03:46:15(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
UserPostedImage

whereami.co.uk
The Lost - Official Site

Information
The Lost was founded early 2007 as a political punk outfit of four terribly mislead young lads, two of which just kicked out of one of the best universities in England and then living in a shabby flat in east London; and the other two good friends of primary songwriter and bass guitarist Liam O’Mally. The band consisted of him (Liam O’Mally,), Ben Alex, Ian Knight and Mike Jenkins.

Liam being the brains of the band – the songwriter who crafted song’s from the pits of his anarchistic anger at society. Ben, the charismatic lead singer whose charm, arrogance and swagger brought a different dimension to the band. With his many life-absorbing addictions, it gave little time to spend with his fellow band members apart from Liam. Ian, a talented guitarist who however often lacked stage presence – which of course was more than made up for by Ben. However, this did lead him to be the lesser known member of the band. And finally Mike, the fast paced drummer who’s skills were the driving force behind the lyrics, cramming them into your ears with perfect beats and luscious solo’s.

The band released their debut album, named ‘Lost and Found’ around a year after their formation. This dark, menacing punk band showed talent, and the album received much praise from critics – especially the lead single, titled ‘Clowning Around’ which received a Birdie award for Best Single. Shortly after, they released ‘Habit’, showing Liam’s new found maturity and often experimenting in alternative and grunge genres. This one also had some tracks written by Ben, much to his pleasure, and the angsty teen in him was really released. However, it was an attractive one. His wild tales of drug addictions and pain in the life of an addict brought to life the album, and threw listeners into an emotional rollercoaster.

After this, the band wanted to go in a slightly different direction. The album, titled ‘The Nightmare Handbook’, incorporated elements of doom metal and on a lot of tracks featured synthesisers, and also grunge. The experimental album was a success and the band who had covered three different genres (Punk, Grunge, Doom) looked as if they were going from strength to strength. However a few weeks later, brains Liam O’Mally announced the bands separation. Ben’s drug behaviour had become erratic to say the least, however Liam insisted his friends actions were only a small reason in a number that affected the collapse of the band. Ian and Mike never gave comments on their own personal opinions.

Sadly, a while after that Ben suffered a deliberate attempt on his life in the form of a heroin overdose. Luckily, he was discovered by his then-girlfriend-now-wife-to-be Leslie. No one knows any more information, rather than that he was sober at the time of the attempt.

Albums:
Lost and Found
Habit
The Nightmare Handbook
The Lost: Live In New York
The Lost: Unreleased Cover Tapes

Influences: The Nimrods; The Prisoners

Genre: Punk; Grunge; Alternative; Doom; Experimental Rock

Label: MolotoV

Members (Present):
Ben Alex; Vocals/Piano
Liam O’Mally; Bass/Vocals/Acoustic Guitar

Members (Past):
Ian Knight; Lead Guitar
Mike Jenkins; Drums

Edited by user 16 January 2010 13:12:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2010 03:53:53(UTC)
Aj

Man

Announcement:

Here it is, the new Lost website! Hurrah! So yes, this does mean that WE ARE BACK. Well, by we I mean me and Ben anyway. Mike and Ian are yet to settle their differences with us, and are currently busy with the rest of their projects. So we wish Mike and Ian the best of luck with Prog band The Amendment and hope they do well. Only joking of course, I don't wish them well because their two grumpy assholes who need to grow up. I can hear Mr. Sun and Mr. News of The World typing up the story now - 'Lost Back, Ben Still As Bitchy'. But fuck it, I say what I think and I'm sure them two would say exactly the same as I'm saying right now.

We thought we'd announce it now, seeing as there's no time like the present. We're also looking at finding a new drummer and a new lead guitarist, so if your interested in an audition pm me and we'll see what we can do, though I already have an idea for a new drummer.

So, that's all really. Hallo everyone! We weren't gone very long, but still, we just thought fuck it man. You only live once, no point wasting it away doing nothing with it. Liam's always been the heart of this band and I've always kinda been the penis. Mike and Ian were just limbs, hanging off the side. Who the fuck needs normal limbs anyway? We're hopefully going to get some new shiny cool prostetic robot crazy things with the new guitarest and drummer. Anyway this is getting off topic.

Love to all our fans out there!

:)

Ben
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 16 January 2010 12:46:22(UTC)
Aj

Man

New Album, New Members:

Well, we announced our comeback just three days ago and already we've come up with brilliant plan and we've know exactly what we're going to do over the coming months and when we're going to do it - all that's left is telling you. First off, we'd like to announce that we're going to be releasing our next album (as of yet untitled) some time early March/late February. We've already got the bare bones of what the albums going to be about, so it's got a general scheme and we're probably going to look on expanding from our recent success with The Nightmare Handbook, so expect to see a slightly more Alt Rock version of us, however we'll still have The Lost's patented Punk/Grunge going on, minus the doom that the last album had. We're going to be releasing three singles up to that point, and the first single should be with you early February. Capiche?

I'm also very happy to announce we have found our two new band members! First off, we have the amazing Leslie to-be-Alex! Obviously I think she's bloody brilliant and I know you guys will do, her punk drum style is absolutely key to what we want to do at the moment and she's a fantastic lady and the love of my life. Also, next up is the already hugely-famous and fucking awesome Favourite Son, coming straight from legendary punk band The Prisoners. Now he's been a great mate of mine for a while now, and having him in the band is real honour and we're going to crack out some fucking awesome songs with him at the helm of the lead guitar. Obviously, Liam's picking up his bass again and singing on the odd song, and I'll be on the piano and the vocals.

Sadly I can't say anything about the upcoming album aside from when it'll be out, however what I can and will say is it'll be bloody awesome.

Peace,

Ben
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 31 January 2010 11:00:20(UTC)
Aj

Man

A Name and a Theme and a Collaboration and a Single

Okay, been a while since we've posted here but I've got some super important announcements to make. We've got some information about the new album which I'm sure your going to love. The album's working title is Violence With Violins, and the albums going to have a slightly more edgy, dark tone to it. We're looking at making a really mature, adult album here with some slick interesting ideas behind the songs rather than your straight up punk or grunge tunes. We're also venturing into classical music with this, as you can tell from the name it's going to feature a lot of violin work and we're looking at getting someone really awesome to do it for us. At the moment it's nothing but a concept, but we've all sat round the table and we're likin what we're doin'.

Also, we're currently in talks with killer musicians The Rockers and thinking about releasing a second follow up album to our earlier collaboration, which was pretty awesome. So yes more updates sooner rather than later hopefully, so thanks for reading and being patient with us!

A new single, titled 'Child's Play' is going to be released tomorrow, and it's a little bit of a glimpse as to what the new album's going to be like. The song's information will be posted tomorrow at the same time as the release, and Liam's doing a short interview to go with it.

Love,

Ben