logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Nimrods  
#1 Posted : 28 January 2010 11:59:40(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Progressive metal band The Nimrods are know for their technicality and instrumental prowess.They are also one of the most successful bands out there.But at one point they weren't so progressive.This part of their Bio is those years.

The Nimrods started as jamming between two people.Founding members Jimmy Him and Davey Matlock.Jimmy Him born as James David Hetestein is a mix between one half Finnish,one quarter Swedish,and one quarter Polish.He speaks Finnish and Swedish fluently,both being spoken in Finland,however he cannot speak or understand Polish.He was born in Berkeley,California to Johan and Maria Hetestein who changed their names to John and Mary when they immigrated to America when Jimmy was born.Jimmy was born on August 10,1985.Davey was born in Helsinki,Finland to two Finnish parents.He speaks Finnish and Swedish fluently like Jimmy, they usually converse in Swedish in public.He was born on March 10,1985.He moved to America with his parents when he was 4 to San Fransisco,California for a few months before they moved to Berkeley where he met Jimmy in pre-school.Jimmy actually already had friends and only spoke to Davey because Davey had no knowledge of English yet.Their friendship grew and by the time they were in Kindergarten they were best friends.

During 5th grade Jimmy and Davey started listening to Jimmy's dad's Iggy Pop records which gave them their first taste of punk.They decided to start playing Stooges covers together,both playing guitar.Jimmy and Davey's fathers even played in a jazz band together.When they were in 8th grade,Davey started bass so they could actually play their own songs they began writing.At that point it was 1998 so they were mainly playing underground hardcore from the area which they heard by sneaking into punk clubs,Davey was already very tall so it wasn't too hard.At this point they also got into another southern California fad,Marijuana,and lots of it.According to Jimmy Him "In late summer of 1998,3 things happened.We saw our first live show,I turned 13,and we got our first bong." The guys joined the after school jazz band so they could have an excuse to bring their instruments to school, then skip and get stoned and play music.This was also their early signs of progressiveness,playing jazz after school.They also started jamming with some friends from school,starting several failed projects.

When they went to 9th grade something amazing happened.They discovered the band Brain Laceration.What was so important about this band was 1.They were local celebrities with their first RP selling 5,000 copies and 2.It had the man who is revered as a virtuoso on the drums today Kit Saunders.

Ketih(Usually just said as Keith though it is actually Keh-Tih) "Kit" Saunders is the son of German and Finnish parents born on May 8,1983.He was born in Berkeley and actually picked on Jimmy in elementary school.Kit was famous around their high school for his frequent use of speed and his erratic behavior.He was known to get into fights,dive into crowd,knock over his kit at the end of sets,and drink hard liquor like water.However,behind the kit his was only brilliance.One Friday night,after a Brain Laceration show, Jimmy and Davey were smoking with the band backstage (one of their failed projects opened for them).This was in 1999, Kit decided to give them some speed.This led to erratic behavior between the two and they often would sneak out and skipped even more to get high.However their relationship with Brain Laceration got bigger and Davey actually joined the band (Jimmy couldn't but he helped write lots of songs) they made and EP and even a demo in 2000.

Brain Laceration video from 2000 Davey is blond and on bass with aggressive lines already, Kit is well behind the Kit.

The band was very successful and eventually Jimmy and Davey decided to make a band together offering Kit to join as well.He did, this was the birth of The Nimrods.At first Kit was a session musician but BL broke up so The Nimrods were finally together as they are now.The first demo they did together was very well received and they began gigging around the bay area,making lots of progress in the west in general.Eventually they turned to a grungy sound which was too well received until their first record.

Early Nimrods grunge song Jimmy's vocals were tortured,bit too much meth that night.

The Nimrods began to hone their sound,also gaining a fan base,they were an established band getting larger and beginning to tour the east.That's all for now.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline The Nimrods  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2010 12:03:26(UTC)
The Nimrods

OOC:PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!! EVEN IF YOU JUST SAY GOOD RP OR BAD I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by moderator 28 January 2010 12:29:21(UTC)  | Reason: Here's a comment : Don't stretch the page. -bkx

The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2010 12:34:43(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
((OOC : Not bad work, even if you are whoring for comments and page-stretching, heh.))
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline The Nimrods  
#4 Posted : 28 January 2010 12:35:59(UTC)
The Nimrods

OOC:I didn't mean to page stretch it was more of a tool for RP but yes I am comment whoring

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline asdf  
#5 Posted : 28 January 2010 12:52:34(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Good, very good. But, I dont know about mixing real music with RSG bands....
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 28 January 2010 13:19:58(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
That was very good. Inspiring. Made me kind of want to do something similar for Casting Thin Shadows.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 28 January 2010 18:10:09(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
((OOC : Strange, I was about to do a bio-type thing for Moronic Changeling before I read this.))

I enjoyed this - gotta love backstory, it's a great way to really sink your teeth into the band and eat her all up eh.
-Machete
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline gumba  
#8 Posted : 29 January 2010 00:49:48(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
(OOC): Very good RP. I've got a backstory for how Pilot formed, but now it feels cliched and bullshit. Since they formed as a band the history has been pretty bonkers, should recap that at some point seeing Pilot have been around for ages (sort of).
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)