logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2010 05:59:09(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Somerset Bissell - "As Long As My Hair Grew"
This is me way back when ....
UserPostedImage
.... my hair was long. A mess of dark auburn waves. My hair was my pride and joy, as was my new musical prowess. That was 1989, when what was to be Moronic Changeling begun. My best friend Nick said to me, in her rough Bristolian accent, "Less starrr' a band." I nodded my head. Nick was a year younger than me, but was much tougher than me. You never said no to Nickola Biggs, and you still don't. I was the singer, the guitarist, the pianist, and eventually the bassist, where I found my muse.
Why weren't we famous in 1989? Why were we unheard-of until we were in our 30s? Because that's the way fame is. Though Nick was like the world's greatest drummer even then, and made her money as a drums tutor, I had to start learning bass. And we had ordinary lives to carry on with - for Nick and her madness, it was that she had to learn.
There's a long story behind us - and hopefully, a long story in front of us. As long as, or longer than, my hair used to grow.

Raven Comatose - "Stephanie And Me"
I never thought about playing music professionally ....
UserPostedImage
.... until I modelled on a single cover for the band Tom o' Bedlam. They liked my modelling, one of the guys really liked me, so he named the song after me. I met the band and they all seemed really nice - kinda off the rails, but lovely crazy people. Kinda like me.
My first car was a Chevy called Jessica, and my first guitar was a Kramer called Stephanie. The three of us travelled a long way, across five states. Committing crimes just so that I could keep myself alive. I didn't want to live this way, but I didn't have the cash to survive without taking money. I made up fake names for myself, to keep myself hidden. I wrote a song, a very long guitar instrumental, called "Stephanie". I played high notes when I was happy, low notes when I was sad, and got it all on tape. The guys in Tom o' Bedlam had a listen to this. It wasn't good quality, but it was real emotion in music, even without words, and they were impressed. All thanks to my Stephanie, I joined the illustrious Moronic Changeling, and then started a highly successful solo career.

Would you like to find out more about these stories, and others?
Would you like to let people know about your life before you were a musician?
Then "Backstory" is the programme for you!

Yours forever faithfully,
-Dame Katie Kairiri.

OOC. What do you think? I'm thinking of making this maybe a weekly thing from March onwards? You can write out a good backstory for your artist - or, if you've got a long one, you could write a bit of it and do a two-part or three-part special - and PM it to me. I'll post it, in its original form, with a little introduction and closing to make up the TV show format, and we could make a good series out of this. As usual with bikzware, nobody's excluded from this, it's for anyone.
If interested, write a story and PM it to me at any time, with Backstory somewhere in the PM title so I know to archive it. First show will be 1st March 2010, with whoever gets in first. Also, as usual with bikzware, it may be cancelled if there's a lack of interest, but I don't think there will be, at least not right now. (Backstories are the in thing at the moment, and I'm jumping on the market, mwahaha. I also like character development and flashbacks in general.)
Oh, and one more thing - I will not complain about the work it entails, because - well, duh, it doesn't.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2010 06:44:27(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
OOC: Ive always wanted to do this but never found the time to but I would still love to do it and could write one up this weekend.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Laurelles1  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2010 07:00:10(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: I think it's a great idea. It could be a bit like the Bio channel on Sky.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2010 07:17:56(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Rip offs! Mine was first. Lol, sounds like a good idea Bikz.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Moquel  
#5 Posted : 29 January 2010 07:19:09(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
This is an awesome program. Like E! True Hollywood Story. I think the community is coming up with creative ways to make the experience to roleplay more fun. I think it's a great idea.
UserPostedImage