logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2010 08:10:16(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
King Tut's Wah Wah Hut........The place where it all begins........
There have been so many stories of unsigned and emerging bands who have played this venue, and are next seen being the hottest band around. Radiohead, Travis, Muse, Oasis, Blur, have all played in this venue and what next? Well, Radiohead are a Grammy award-winning band and Muse have been accepting awards as the best live act in the world today, would this be the same fate for Reckoner?

The stage lights grew dim as the MC grabbed the mic introducing the band performing for the night. The place was packed with more than 300 people who all came to listen to the band that sang "Negative", and to appear on TV ofcourse. The cameras were all there to televise the performance which was to be shown in BBC at the exact same time it would be shot. Backstage was even more tense as all 4 members of Reckoner look for Troy who was a 'bit' late, Carl then received a message from Troy to play Strike first and that he "would handle it". The MC had just finished his introduction speech as the band then appear to the crowd to check the sound of the instruments. Just as Carl begins the blues riff, Troy appears from the crowd, he was being carried by the audience to the stage and the cameras were all set on his face as he slowly approaches the stage. Troy then began singing in a bit of a weird voice, Carl thought that it would be a crazy night and he thought right, Troy was drunk...

It was a really different Troy the people saw that night, confident, cocky, and one hell of a performer...

Hello Glasgow!! How are you feeling tonight??? Well we are a band called Reckoner and this is a song called Bring Me Down!!

JC began playing the riff of the song just as Troy began singing like Freddie Mercury, only "higher". The camera was all around Troy's face, if Troy was not drunk he'd be doing his best not to be noticed too much by the cameras, but he was drunk, and that was the complete opposite of what would be happening. The set went on with some covers like Hyper Music by Muse, Paranoid Android by Radiohead, and Song 2 by Blur(just imagine how Troy looked like while singing this song),there was one song though where Troy couldn't be using his newfound energy, that would be in Oxygen...

We love you guys, this is a song dedicated to you, it's called Oxygen and it might likely be our next single..

Troy then sat on the piano chair as Carl plays on the clean guitar and JC begins using his guitar effects to make siren-like sounds. The song went on well and Troy's ego was resting for a bit. But just as the band thought it was over, they forgot one last thing, Negative was actually the last song. Negative was their famous debut single and it would make the crowd go wild, and when that happens, Troy would be all energy again and might get into some trouble.

This is our last song and it is called Negative

The crowd then scream as they hear Carl's arpeggios and the groovy bass and drum combo by JPC and Tristan. Troy then began singing the song with pure emotion. As the song progresses, Troy becomes more aggressive. The bridge then comes in, the most amazing part, and also the most aggressive part. JC and Carl both play on heavy distorted guitars, with JPC on distorted bass and Tristan on Cymbal crashing drums as the crowd sing with Troy, just as he is about to hit the final note (leading to JC's 30 second guitar solo), he dives to the crowd. Carl immediately grabs his mic and throws it to Troy, who luckily catches it even on his drunken state.Troy sings the final chorus with his soft voice as JC plays the piano. The camera then closes up on Troy's face and just after a snap, it was all over.

(OOC: Comment please and give some tips to make my roleplay even better..)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2010 10:59:04(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I really enjoyed it! You guys kicked ass! So much raw emotion, packed into such a short show. The transition between the three songs, so different, and yet still carrying your signature sound. It doesn't feel like you're new at all - more like you've been around forever and are just dressing down.
-Raven.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troy211619  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2010 13:35:03(UTC)
troy211619

Man

bikz wrote:
I really enjoyed it! You guys kicked ass! So much raw emotion, packed into such a short show. The transition between the three songs, so different, and yet still carrying your signature sound. It doesn't feel like you're new at all - more like you've been around forever and are just dressing down.
-Raven.

JPC:Thank you very much, glad you liked it!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2010 13:44:39(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Moquel: I love the part that you guys are really just being yourself and it's not that TV act many actors or musicians seem to portray.
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2010 23:27:06(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Moquel wrote:
Moquel: I love the part that you guys are really just being yourself and it's not that TV act many actors or musicians seem to portray.

JPC: That's what we are here for, to break the barriers between celebrities and musicians, we musicians should do music for the music itself, not to look good in the TV, not just for accepting the paychecks.. There really is a big difference with the two, just accepting the paychecks for doing something you don't want to do makes you feel dirty in the inside, just like a whore... But doing it for the crowd, the music you make, it feels like heaven.. So this is my message to all the new bands, do what you love and love what you do (BTW, Troy ain't here because he's sleeping in the hotel room, he is so drunk..)
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage