logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ScaryShoes  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2010 08:12:59(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Groups: Registered
Man

The Voyd is pleased to announce that they will be on the cover on Alternative Press.

UserPostedImage

Interviewer: Thank you guys for sitting down with Alternative Press.

The Voyd: You are welcome. We are glad to be here.

Interviewer: Okay so can you guys introduce yourselves?

Andrew Hayes: I am Andrew Hayes and I am the lead singer as well as rhythm guitarist.

Zach McCann: I’m Zach McCann and I am lead guitar and sing back up.

Nick Reed: My name is Nick Reed and I am the drummer.

Brandon Carter: And I am Brandon Carter and I play the bass.

Interviewer: Where do you guys originate at?

Andrew: Well we all went to the same high school together at a school in south west Virginia.

Interviewer: So can you guys tell me how the band came to be?

Brandon: Well it all started with Zach and me jamming out in high school. He would always come over to my house after school and jam out. However, during our senior year, we wanted to compete in the talent show. So we decided to hold auditions for a singer and a drummer. Only two drummers came to our audition. One of which was our longtime friend Nick…

Nick: Which I totally destroyed the other drummer in the audition *laughs*

Brandon: …But unfortunately none of us could carry much of a tune. So walking into Edible Vibe, the local and only music venue in the town, we sat down and watched acts during amateur night. The second-to-last performer of course was Andrew. He was playing on the guitar and singing this soulful song. We always knew him since middle school but we never talked. It was truly hard getting him to work with us but finally it worked out and preformed at the talent show under the name “Forever 540”.
Interviewer: So did you guys win?

All: *laughs hard*

Brandon: Ha no. We came in second to a tap-dancing trio. They were pretty hot though so I didn’t mind losing to them.

Interviewer: So tell me about life after the talent show?

Zach: Well we decided to stay together because during our time practicing before the talent show we kind of began to grow close like brothers. We started performing all over south west Virginia and even got featured on the local news. However we wanted to change our name from Forever 540 to something else. We kept thinking about it and Nick came up the name “The Void” which was to resemble our life without the band so no matter what happened we would remember our roots. However we wanted to make sure no other band had that name so we changed the “i” to a “y” and we became The Voyd. After we saved up enough money, we bought a used van and started touring across the country. People started liking our work I’m guessing because where we went people wanted a CD but we never thought about it. So with the money we earned on touring we recorded our first single “My Life”. We got it to be released and somehow sold almost 78,000 copies which were astronomical considering we were only promoting with Myspace and Facebook. After that we decided to record more and I guess you can say the rest is history.

Interviewer: Well your freshman album “Prodigy” has sold 600,000 copies and there has been buzz and anticipation on the next album. How is that coming along?

Nick: Well with touring to promote our first album as well as doing interviews and buzz, it has been a hectic time for us. However, we are pleased to announce that we are about 60% percent done on the album. I know that the people at MTN Climber Records have been nothing but supportive for us through our hectic schedule.

Interviewer: Now you have mentioned you have been touring a lot lately. What has been the funniest moment while on tour?

Brandon: *laughs* Well I would have to say while exiting a show one night, we were heading on the tour bus and when we were about to head off and leave to the next city and we saw this really old lady, she had to be in her late 80’s,and she had this sign that said “Marry me Brandon”. I had to stop the bus and when I over there I signed an autograph but as I was about to go back to the bus, she pulled me close to her and started make out with me. Let’s just say I got a little more than I bargained for.

Interviewer: Well thank you so much for your time. Best of luck to you guys in the future and I hope to interview you guys again.
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2010 10:49:09(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
At the start of this interview, I thought you were a bunch of pillocks. By the end, I think you're alright.

Good luck, and throw me a copy of your next album when you've finished it, Prodigy was an okay album and seeing as you seem pretty cool and MTN Climber's a good label so the next one should be class.

Billy Failed Youth
Offline Paul Silver  
#3 Posted : 31 January 2010 12:17:36(UTC)
Paul Silver

Paul: Very good....I think you started very well!

Lex: Surely...the next great American band, good luck!
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 31 January 2010 12:42:47(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
That was great guys! One of the bands to watch out for this year!
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage