logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2010 03:24:20(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

As Mind walk into the room in which they will be interviewed, there is a jolly air between them. They've finished the recording of their new album (The Juggernaut) and will celebrate its public release tomorrow. It's received immense reviews and the guys hope that they can back it up when the fans get hold of it.

Welcome to Metal Hammer guys. First off, congratulations on your new album. Do you think it will be a commercial success?

Jason Smith: Thanks... urrrr... well I hope so, since the release of that Failed Youth and friends CD selling so well, hopefully it will show in the sales. We're aiming for about twice the sales of Free Your Mind (Minds debut) and if we surpass that, great. We're still looking for the metal big time.

You've said in previous statements that you're releasing 3 albums this year. Why is that?

Aaron Del Potro: We've basically got a shitload of songs. We need to offload some of them, since they're all fairly good.
Jason Smith: Also, we can.
Harry Thornton: It's going to have a sorta conceptual theme to it aswell. It's easier to keep the fans captivated and in our grubby mitts by keeping them satisfied with new tours and new albums. 2010 is being named the Metal Invasion because of the upcoming metal bands this year, including us. If we blink, we'll miss it. Epicly.

How goes the tour speaking of it?

Robert Edwards: Y'Know, it's going amazingly. Reckoner have been great to work with and it's been one of the most fun experiences of my life.
Jason Smith: Also, we have an upcoming tour with Herr Fische in the midst.
Harry Thornton: We're also going to announce some more tours later in the year. ;)

I know it's too early to speak, but what info can you give us on the next album?

Jason Smith: The next one will be released sometime in the summer. It will probably be about June-ish.
Aaron Del Potro: Musically, it will have more prog, more experimental influences than attempted before. There are many bands that will influence it, but we don't want to name any names.
Robert Edwards: I think we're going to get some guests in aswell for it.

Do you think that your music can influence upcoming bands?

Jason: That would be awesome, but we're still in our infancy ourselves. We only like formed a couple of years ago.
Aaron: It's a miracle we've got as big as we have in such a short amount of time. When more of the metal and rock bands start flowing in, maybe more bands may look up to us, but not now. Now is way too early.
Harry: Our sound's changing too much really. If we stayed with one particular style, we would be more influential. But we don't like that.

Jason, have you got any hair tips?

Jason: Yeah, just never get a haircut and then curl it. That's about it. Now shut up.

What are your highlights from The Juggernaut?

Jason: All of the Anthema suite was great to work on..
Robert: For me, it's Divine Usurper. It's gonna be our single by the way. I just think it's the best thought out song.
Harry: The Trail of the Wanderer was a bit different to do. It was great.
Aaron: I personally think it's all shite. You would too if you'd worked on it as long as us.

What do you say about those who think that you need to keep to one style?

Jason: I want to make them lick a dog turd into a sharp pointed-stick and then poke them in the arse with it, but i'll settle for calling them nasty names.
Aaron: Seriously, they're all just people who think they know what they're talking about, but don't know jack.
Harry: Let them have their opinion. We're richer than them. Dancing

Finally, who did you want to win Big Brother?

All in unison: Stephen.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage