logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 02 February 2010 05:54:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Brad Sanderson is standing outside a small rundown building which was once one of the most popular clubs in New York back in the 80’s. I walk up to Brad and he greets me with a smile and says, “I’m thinking about buying this place, myself and Max (Armstrong) we’re thinking about buying this place together but we can’t decide on what we’d use it for either a club, a record studio or something else but we’re definitely interested, you wanna give it a look around”.
We enter the building and straight away the amount of space is rather surprising it looks quite small and basic from the outside but when you go inside it could be used for a number of things.
“I think it should be a music complex, I’m really interested in making it into some sort of music teaching facility, but It needs to be a joint decision”.
We leave the building and make our way over to a coffee shop across from the building, straight away he’s greeted by a waitress who appears to know who he is and what he does, he exchanges pleasantry’s and order’s two coffee’s.

Q: So how’s the record coming along, everything on schedule?
“Yeah it’s actually ahead of schedule, we’ve recorded five tracks and their being mixed and all of that kind of thing, I’m recording the other five tracks in March so hopefully the album will be out by August, I’m not really used to the recording process yet but I’m learning something new about the music industry every single day, it’s a real eye opener”.

Q: It’s been rumoured that your gonna be doing a couple of covers for the B-Sides to 4th Of July what songs would you be interested in covering?
“Well I’ve got the first B-Side to 4th Of July all sorted out it’s gonna be a cover of (I Know) The World Is Black & White by Ryan Ross Hernandez, It’s mainly instrumental but It’s a track I like a lot and I’ve followed Ryan’s music for a while now, It’s that blues style with a more pop/contemporary sound that I’m a fan of and I like that fact that he can cover so many genre’s of music”.

Q: That’s interesting, what kind of songs would we see on your ipod?
“Well I go through phases, like one month I’ll be really into older music which focuses more on the lyrics and the next month I’d be listening to flat out pop tracks. I tend to listen to particular albums rather than just random musicians at the moment I’m really into Dark Secret Love by Ryan Ross Hernandez, Stephanie Fierce: The Past, The Present & The Future Of Pop, Scream By Failed Youth and Are Etched In Stone Or Just Scratched In The Sand? By English Rose. It’s quite a random selection but that’s a taster of the kind of tastes in the music I listen to.

Q: It stretches from Blues, Pop, Punk and Indie not necessarily Rock which is obviously your main genre?
“Well I think they’re all extensions of rock music maybe with the exception of Steph’s album but Blues as a rock element to it and Punk Rock and Indie Rock and even Pop Rock it’s all just different types of rock really. I don’t think it matters what kind of music you like. If your into Punk bands like Failed Youth you can still be into Pop music like Stephanie’s albums. I don’t follow one particular genre I follow all music.

Q: You’ve been living with Alicia Reid for a couple of years now, what kind of music does she like that you don’t enjoy?
“Well I do try to embrace all music genre’s but there’s a couple of musical soundtrack albums that can really get me annoyed, not only do I have to sit through the film but I also have to listen to the music afterwards, It’s worth it thought”.

Q: Your set to get married in April what we’re the things you considered before proposing?
“We’ve lived together for about two years so we knew we we’re both committed and we’ve talked about the future, kids and our careers and that kind of thing and we wanted the same things so it seemed like a pretty easy decision to make. We’re both very much in love and the only question I had to ask myself was do I want to be with Alicia forever and the answer was a definite yes”.

Q: You’ve got a massive year on the horizon for 2011 with the world tour how do you think you’ll cope with that?
“Well I’ve spoken to a few people about the difficulty of touring and the main thing people said was after the tour take at least two months off from the band before considering making another record or doing another tour”.

Q: Your from New Jersey and you and Alicia are close friends with Max Armstrong and his girlfriend Juliette Moore, how would you describe Max as a friend?
“There’s never a dull moment when you hanging out with Max even working in the studio on my album has been fun even at the moments which most people would find boring he somehow manages to make things fun and interesting, our friendship is based on two things Music and our love of New Jersey, we’re both Jersey boys and we enjoy hanging out in Jersey when we’re not on tour.

We finish out coffee’s and leave the coffee shop, we walk down the street and Brad says “There’s a little record store about two minutes away from here it’s got some really great discs”. We make our way into the record store and we look around for a bit and I notice the enthusiasm that Brad has for music and everything surrounding it, he purchases three albums and we leave the record store.
“Well thanks for the interview and all the best on the debut album”,
“Thanks by the way I bought these albums for you, drive safely”.
As I open the bag I take a look at what albums he’s bought me, the first one is Heartbreaks & Outtakes by The Junction, the second one is Stephanie Fierce: Diary Of A Pop Sinner Vol 1 and the third one is Broken Down On Memory Lane by PANIC!.
After the interview I realise that Brad is having the only career he was ever meant to have, His passion for Music is evident as soon as you meet him, and his passion for music is matched equally with his charm and kindness.