logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheCDs  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2010 16:23:27(UTC)
TheCDs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just days after being released from the hospital Tim Dunn was back on the stage. Wednesday night about 40 lucky people got to hear Dunn play a surprise set at the Bluebird Nightclub in his native Bloomington, Indiana. Performing under the guise of "The Key" Dunn gave the crowd a 45-minute acoustic set.

"At first not to many people recognized him," said Jason Zollner, a junior at Indiana University. "But after he started singing and people started to gather around him it became pretty obvious."

The Bluebird does not usually get artists with the reputation of Dunn said owner David Richeson.

"We usually get local acts, or up and comers. Very rarely we will get someone bigger, we had Dinosaur Jr. and Ingrid Michaelson here within the last year. I was surprised he would even want to play after all that he has went through. He came up to me yesterday and asked about doing a surprise show. The schedule was open, and even if it wasn't, I would be hard pressed to pass up someone with his resume," said Richeson.

Dunn, with his band Axiom, has released two albums that have charted in the top 5 in both America and the UK. Axiom's third album did not live up to expectations, critically or commercially, and is rumored to have contributed to Dunn's recent hospitalization. Dunn said he was happy to be back on stage.

"I have been in the studio forever recording nonstop with Mike and just missed the thrill of performance. It was nice to get up on stage and have a crowd who wanted to listen to me and enjoy the music," said Dunn.

According to reports from concert attendees the setlist consisted of a few covers of songs by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Oasis, and Bill Withers, as well as several original pieces. Local IU music professor and avid member of the local music scene Glen Gass said Dunn's concert was one of the highlights of his 22 years in Bloomington.

"Every once in a while one of these bars nabs a great artist that is at the top of their game. You get them in such an intimate setting and tonight was one of those nights. I doubt anyone else ever hears Tim play a lot of these songs live in a setting like this again," said Gass.

Edited by user 11 February 2010 16:23:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals