logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2010 19:57:59(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Comatose is the second single of British Alternative Rock Band Reckoner. The music video of the song was released last February 8 and was directed by the band's close friend, Dale Tucker. It would be released online(and on cd) on February 14 at 12:00 midnight(UK Time) and would be free for the first 50 purchasers of the online single(read below for more information)
UserPostedImage

General Info:
1.Comatose(Mascenon)
-"The song is about a dream that I once had, I was in this room and i felt that something bad was going to happen and when I tried to move, I couldn't. I tried my best to move but something was stopping me and I even tried to scream but nothing went out of my mouth. I woke up at four in the morning screaming and sweating, it was a really scary experience", Troy explains. The song begins with synthy siren-like sounds made by Carl's guitar. The bass and drums then come in as Troy begins to sing. During the first chorus, JC plays the piano while the synth guitar continues and as the chorus comes to an end, Troy begins to play his guitar in heavy distortion. The song progresses to the bridge with heavy guitar layered by synth guitar and arpeggiated piano chords and slowly descends into a lonely piano outro with continuous synth guitar."It is the scariest song in our catalog, but it is also one of the best,. It kinda shows the darker side of Reckoner, even darker then how Negative does"m JC seriously says.

2.Sleep(Mascenon)
-"The song is like Comatose's sequel", according to Troy. The song is heavier and features no synth or piano unlike Comatose. It begins with the drum and bass combo progressing with three heavily distorted guitars and finally ends with some Drop D, random made, heavy metal-ish riffs all made by JC.

3.Inside My Head(Mascenon)
-"The song is an acoustic song played by a band", Carl sarcastically explains. Troy plays the tambourine, JC and Carl plays the guitars, JPC plays the acoustic bass and Tristan plays a simple drumset. "The song is about an individual's thoughts about different issues occurring in his life, it's pretty simple once you listen to it and maybe you'd like it", says Troy.

Released on: February 14
Record Label:Suicide Records
Produced by: Kieran Marks
All songs written by Troy Mascenon

A Message To Our Fans
The release of Comatose was delayed for 3 days(OOC: wasn't able to get hold of a proper computer) which upset some fans of the band. A message from frontman Troy Mascenon states:
"We are apologizing to every fan who has anticipated the release of Comatose, but the delay was beyond our control so we have decided that we would be giving out free copies to the first 50 people who have purchased the single online. We would begin this promo at exactly 12:00 midnight(UK Time). Again we apologize to the fans and we hope none of you have hard feelings, the song is great anyway so we hope that you enjoy every second of it."(OOC: Please put some comments below of fans who forgive the band for the delay or get mad just to make the atmosphere of the thread more interesting)

Edited by user 13 February 2010 20:00:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2010 21:29:56(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Mike: "Hey don't worry about it, what is three days? As well as this it's a fantastic single and the B-sides are top draw as well."
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 13 February 2010 23:05:51(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
'Comatose' is the most overused word in music nowadays and it's fucking annoying. Any originality? Please? It's becoming worse than Fierce. Which is even worse because Jakey Comatose is a good musician, and Stephanie Fierce really isn't.

Billy
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2010 00:11:39(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Aj wrote:
'Comatose' is the most overused word in music nowadays and it's fucking annoying. Any originality? Please? It's becoming worse than Fierce. Which is even worse because Jakey Comatose is a good musician, and Stephanie Fierce really isn't.

Billy

Joshy : Yeh, our first single was called "Comatose" .... I guess it's just the in thing to be!
Lukey : Not really, it's not a fun thing to be. It's like being dead, but then you come back to life later and it's a crap life.
Sophy : Or in your case, Joshy, the in thing to be IN. Not that I have a problem with that, knock yourself out - ha ha - but Raven might.
OOC : Your song description sounds like the rewrite of "Comatose" I did for FAWM. (I skipped my scream because I couldn't get it right, but still tried to be scary.)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 14 February 2010 02:42:27(UTC)
troy211619

Man

OOC:It's only now that I've noticed these stuff.Negative is our debut single which is also the name of Jakey Comatose's new album. Comatose is also the first single of Shadow Of My Former Self which is the single we'd be releasing now. It was really my intention to name these songs as such since I want to make my band a bad band into being one of the best someday(That's why I'm working so hard trying my best to do RPs, but in my next album, expect something better from us...Dancing )
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6 Posted : 14 February 2010 03:31:17(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Blaine: I don't mind the names. It's the music that counts. Besides, instant hit for them with those song titles. It'll attract people to them. But still, personally, I don't care about titles. I could name my next album Making Love to a Dominatrix, if I wanted to and the songs would still be written as well as I wrote the others. Of course, I'd go broke for releasing something like that, but hell, I'd still try making good music.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline troy211619  
#7 Posted : 14 February 2010 03:34:09(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Mt. Epic wrote:
Blaine: I don't mind the names. It's the music that counts. Besides, instant hit for them with those song titles. It'll attract people to them. But still, personally, I don't care about titles. I could name my next album Making Love to a Dominatrix, if I wanted to and the songs would still be written as well as I wrote the others. Of course, I'd go broke for releasing something like that, but hell, I'd still try making good music.

Troy:You are totally right and I thank you for making me realize that!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ScaryShoes  
#8 Posted : 14 February 2010 05:54:48(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

Andrew: I hate to say it but I am impressed with your single. I wanted to truly find something wrong here with this but I honestly can't. For once I just want to say good job.
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
Offline old.gregg  
#9 Posted : 14 February 2010 05:59:49(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:

Jakey: That, really. You guys are a good band, I couldn't care less what you call it. Good stuff! Look forward to having you guys on tour with me (:

Edited by user 14 February 2010 06:03:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline troy211619  
#10 Posted : 14 February 2010 18:34:39(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Troy:Thanks guys for all the support, by the way, the release of our debut album has been moved to the 16th so watch out for it!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#11 Posted : 14 February 2010 19:21:12(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn: I bet the delay was for legal reasons, god knows everyone under the sun has used the name "Comatose" for an album or single at some point. I wonder how much the settlement was.

Mike Peck: That's just the label exec in you. You haven't worked for a label in a long long time. Give these guys the benefit of the doubt, releasing and distributing music is hard work.

Tim Dunn: Hey, I still know that you gotta protect your properties. If I ran a label that had an artist who released a single called "Comatose" you better believe I would be doing everything necessary to get a name change or get the release blocked. Most likely though I would take an out of court settlement on it.

Edited by user 14 February 2010 19:21:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals