logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Moquel  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2010 14:39:35(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Hot Topic Online With Moquel and Rena Smith

.UserPostedImage

Hot Topic Online Rena Smith interviews Moquel about his recent tour success, and his coming soon debut and even his love life.

[i]Q: How have life been every since your big signings to Spice Records?
A: It's been a life time changing experience. I always dreamed of being signed to a such a talented label with such much determination. I feel really blessed to be working with such talented people in the field and industry. It had changed my life and everything in life, and dreams can come true.

Q: How is it like home with DBM?
A: It's like a family enviorment. So much love and success in the room and so much strong leadership in the industry. You are working with people who know the industry, who knows music and who supports you like a family does. I feel right at home when I'm in a meeting with Emma.

Q: You came from a family who went though rough times?
A: Yes, while, when I was young, it was a lot of things that went on that also just made me stronger. It didnt affect on what I WANTED to do as a artist or as a person. It just kind of happened to make me and my family stronger. My dad did a lot of things in his life that he regreted, even my mom did drugs to take over the pain of my dad hurting her emotional. We did soulutions that we wished we didnt do, but guess what? It's not about where you were, it's about where you are now.

Q: Do you still talk to your dad?
A: I mean, every before the cases and the battle, my dad and I was always close. I was a daddy's boy, just looking, all the time for my dad. I would never go to my mom, I will always ask for my dad to come and pick me up or even come help me with things. So when I did not get custody with my dad, I had to get use to my mom. I STILL talk to my dad. He is in Europe working with a production film company that he always dreamed of doing.

Q: What was your favorite part of going into music with your parents, even when you all was going though bad times?
A: The love. The love was just the greatest thing you can give too anyone who is chasing a dream big as this one. The biggest and favorite part is just knowing the love that I knew I had from my parents, while chasing something I just loved doing. They supported me in it and that's why I think it kept his closer together by the music of soul and music.

Q: Do you think the music trait based on to your sister, Precious?
A: Most def! She is actually trying to get her music off the ground. She is recording in Europe with my dad next month, which I'm happy to see her, willing to work hard for her music.

Q: What inspired you to do the music that you are aiming to do?
A: Messages of life. You know, you go thought a lot of trails and risks and the whole nine yards of life to get where you want to be. I just took all the love, risks and trails and it became a message to me and to my music.

Q: Can you tell me how you and murder became a inspiration to you?
A: So many things had happened in my life and it's like murder, just killing of different things in my life, but I made the risks and trails come back to life by realizing the murder in the first place, along with the lesson in the murder. We learn on what we do and that's how I love from it.
Q: When you are recording, what's going though your mind?
A: My mind connects with the beat, the lyrics and my motivation towards the song. I'm thinking about all the aspects of the song and the lyrics and connected it with my voice and my range to the style I want to aim for.

Q: Your name came from " more cool' to Moquel?
A: Signals that we need more cool, relative and fun music out there. No matter what genre it is, take your music seriously and take it fun also. Always have fun with your music you are making, always have fun with the lyrics and beats you are creating. Just give it a more cool vibe and a more musicial motion to it.

Q: Your song you performed at the Wireless Longue called I Just Wanna Dance, tell us the story behind that.
A: I just though about how I will feel if I'm having a great time, plus I have this amazing dancer across from me, but I'm kind of a shy boy. I just though about how I will feel if I want to dance, I'm having a blast, I'm sweating and everything is off in the world but my dancing is just uncontrolly on!

Q: Nice. How do you feel about performing? A lot of people say you are a good performer.
A: The definition of performing is getting the crowd to vibe with you on the song. I'm more of the person who gets the feel of the song and then I focus on the vibe with the performance and the song all together. All about the vibe.

Q: Your touring with the Pop Sinner Tour!
A: Hell yes! Pop Sinner tour is SUCH a blessing to work with! Let me tell you! The damn special effects and the managers we are working with have this tour with a amazing HIGH performing and excitement rate. They focus on the vibe, the fun and the meaning of the Sinner. What will we do? We will perform, make music and also just vibe with the crowd. I went on that stage the first night and I FELT the crowd, I FELT the special effects and the whole nine yards! I FELT the excitement in the voices and the performances with the openers.

Q: How does it feel to open with a big tour on your first tour?
A: The man God is only on my side. To get such a offer to replace someone that is bigger then me, I'm just so blessed to recieve the tour.

Q: When you recieve the call about the offer. What did you do?
A: I dropped the phone and my mouth was wide open because I couldnt DREAMED of me being apart of something this big. I thought that I had to in least but really famous and known in my music for it. It's great for people to give you a big chance like this. Oh wow- it's such a blessing.

Q: Is this your dream job to do?
A: Everyday.

Q: When can we see a debut from Moquel?
A: The process of that is artwork and banners are getting made now. Going on and off in NY, London and the touring areas for meetings to get that big debut for you guys. Should be in the beginning of March.

Q: Have you choose your debut single yet?
A: You have to keep in updates to see. (smiles)

Q: But you do have the debut album name?
A: Yes, suppose to be Cold Readings.

Q: When can we recieve that?
A: We are aiming for March, the end of March. So it's good.

Q: Thank you a lot for this interview, Moquel. We will have to bring you back for more questions when your debut is here.UserPostedImage

Edited by user 14 February 2010 14:45:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline the strom  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2010 15:05:14(UTC)
the strom

Groups: Registered

ooc: nice rp
UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben