logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2010 19:02:01(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
So I recently found out that there are certain places where it is illegal to trick or treat if your a certain age, one if you are over 12 years old!

So I was wondering what your opinions are about this? Who is too old for free candy? Am I too old for free presents on my birthday or Christmas? What would be a proper age for such a law? Do you agree with the law at all? Do you still trick or treat? Do you dress up?

I do, here is me and my cousin (I'm Freddy on the left).

UserPostedImage
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2010 19:05:45(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
It should be illegal for everyone. I fucking hate halloween, and I hate the idea that because some little arsehole knocks my front door, I'm expected to give them money or snakcks. Fuck off! Glorified begging at it's worst imo. The worst part is people dont even get into the spirit of what it's meant to be. Spongebob Squarepants, or an Oxo cube is not halloween
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2010 19:45:39(UTC)
asdf

Man

genocidal king wrote:
It should be illegal for everyone. I fucking hate halloween, and I hate the idea that because some little arsehole knocks my front door, I'm expected to give them money or snakcks. Fuck off! Glorified begging at it's worst imo. The worst part is people dont even get into the spirit of what it's meant to be. Spongebob Squarepants, or an Oxo cube is not halloween

Um turn your porch light out, thats what tells them your not giving out candy, also little kids should'nt be expected to dress up as Freddy or Dracula.

P.s. you give the snacks, not the money...

Edited by user 03 November 2010 19:46:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2010 20:33:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
asdf wrote:
genocidal king wrote:

Um turn your porch light out, thats what tells them your not giving out candy, also little kids should'nt be expected to dress up as Freddy or Dracula.

Trans-Atlanticism changes a lot of things my friend, it would appear. There is no etiquette over here regarding porch lights. In fact, most houses don't have what you would refer to as a porch. However, even if they did, this "ligfht off" method would really deter no one. Little kids here do dress up as devils, vampires, skeletons etc. It's the older people I take issue with. People in their late teens who go around dressed as Alice in friggin Wonderland and stuff.

Snacks are, of course the traditional gift of halloween. But its creeping in more and more that kids want money rather than snacks. Little bastards egg your house if you give them "candy"
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2010 20:42:18(UTC)
asdf

Man

Huh, here candy is the payment. Lol and what I refer to a porch light is just a light outside the house really. I agree though, I'm usually Freddy or Jason every year.

Offline Rincewind  
#6 Posted : 03 November 2010 20:48:21(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
penny for the guy..... Yes deffo a great tradition...

trick or treat? no way, hate that idea... back when i lived in manchester i grabbed the eggs of one bunch of arseholes and egged them..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Gildermershina  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2010 05:55:52(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
genocidal king wrote:
asdf wrote:
genocidal king wrote:

Trans-Atlanticism changes a lot of things my friend, it would appear. There is no etiquette over here regarding porch lights. In fact, most houses don't have what you would refer to as a porch. However, even if they did, this "ligfht off" method would really deter no one. Little kids here do dress up as devils, vampires, skeletons etc. It's the older people I take issue with. People in their late teens who go around dressed as Alice in friggin Wonderland and stuff.

Snacks are, of course the traditional gift of halloween. But its creeping in more and more that kids want money rather than snacks. Little bastards egg your house if you give them "candy"

I agree the whole punishment for not taking part thing is retarded. Thankfully, we live in a flat in an inner-city area, so there's really no trick-or-treating happening round here. Back when I was a kid in Perth, we lived in an area where we were pretty much the only kids on the street. And we just went around three or four houses then gave up.

Last year of primary school though my friend John and I did it up near his house, and some high school guy came running over to take my bag of sweets, and I kicked him in the shins and told him to piss off, which he did. Not like I hit him hard or anything, but I guess I was lucky he wasn't that into the whole robbing a kid thing, otherwise this story would be but a sad prelude to a pitifully meek adult life.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#8 Posted : 04 November 2010 07:50:41(UTC)
TheCDs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am still in college so Halloween here means all the ladies are in super skimpy costumes (moreso then their usual going out clothes). No complaints from me, I love the day.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline DistortedAudio  
#9 Posted : 04 November 2010 08:22:09(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Halloween is fucking fun, I don't want money and if you don't give me candy I'm fine with that too(there's more houses than yours). The thing I take offense to is the Dentist Families who hand out toothbrushes, it's kinda almost like an insult saying that you don't have one of your own(that's what it seems like).
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY