logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 02 May 2011 22:13:40(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
So he's dead!! Wooo! What does everyone thing about it? Is it a positive thing that we're celebrating the death of someone? Or perhaps it's immoral no matter what atrocities they've commited?

Not only that, but everyone seems so wrapped up in the fact the big bad guy is dead that they seem to be forgetting that there could be some seriously fucking big reprocussions of this.

Seems to me that we've just gone up to the attic and rather than taking out the whole hive we've just squished the queen, and we're now standing around naked dancing about how great it is.
Offline Gildermershina  
#2 Posted : 02 May 2011 22:42:54(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Now call me a pansy liberal, but the death of Osama Bin Laden doesn't especially do anything for me. Sure, I think he probably should have killed for what he had done and may be capable of in the future. For me, I'm more interested in the repercussions of it. I want to see the Obama-opposed folks come out with the latest ridiculous reason why this wasn't good enough. I want to see what reaction this has amongst various groups in the middle-east. I want to see what unfolds from this, because it's pretty obviously not over.

I was reminded of a particular Dubya thing that I hated though; the way he refers to fighting "terror". Not terrorists, but terror. A subtle adjustment that turns them from being people fighting for their cause, into a vast unknowable metaphysical concept with no beginning or end. It leads scared people down the path of labelling all muslims "evil", rather than ever trying to understand their position.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2011 23:14:35(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I think this could have some bad repercussions, and honestly I dont see how this is really going to change anything. The world still hates the U.S., the U.S. is collapsing on itself, and people will always still want to take over the world.

This has ended nothing, but could very well start something. Not to mention it interrupted my watching of Celebrity Apprentice when they thought Obama was going to make a speech...even though he didn't actually start the speech himself until well after I had missed my stories. lol
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 02 May 2011 23:27:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Apparently he was shot in the left eye. How interesting.
Offline MATTT  
#5 Posted : 03 May 2011 00:41:06(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
I think for Americans is good to celebrate is death for 1 day and 1 day only because Americans(me being on myself) tend to not look at the big picture and we need to see that now we have a bigger problem on our hands because for years the Talaban had said if he dies there is going to be even more pain then before. So I think we need to start looking more on that. What I do think though is he was the greatest hide and seek champion of all time! But I guess im happy he's dead. Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#6 Posted : 03 May 2011 01:21:13(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
the world was fucked anyway.... this is just going to help it go a bit faster.... He died a martyr, and can now be used as a symbol of American imperialism and oppression for many different bands of people..... Will killing him even change the way that Al-Qaida opperate? i think not one bit.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
#7 Posted : 03 May 2011 01:44:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

I feel that is wrong that people are celebrating his death. This could definitely spark some tension with people who were behind him.
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 03 May 2011 02:40:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
A momentary respite?

by Me

Whilst it is a victory for the US, it is little more than a moral victory today.
The world woke up this morning to news that Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, the man who masterminded the murder of over 3,000 people in the 9/11 attacks, had been killed by American forces in Pakistan.
Bin Laden was apparently holed up in a compound in Islamabad, and was living in a mansion, a stark contrast to the picture of a bearded man darting between caves that we have come to expect over the past decade. American troops shot bin Laden dead in a ground operation, the result of US intelligence first brought to light in August of last year.
Of the attack, President Obama said it was "the most significant moment in the US war against terror to date." Bin Laden had been number one on the FBI's list of most wanted criminals.
But what does his death really mean? Is it perhaps more significant to the US public than it is to those who followed Bin Laden?
As crowds gathered outside the White House today, merrily chanting "USA USA USA!" they'd be forgiven for believing that the world was all rosy again. The US has after all made catching Bin Laden it's priority since September 2001.
However, in the middle east, the probability is that members of Al Qaeda were merely moving on and planning their next action. The terrorist group would no doubt have been prepared for this eventuality. Whilst they were briefed and trained to protect Bin Laden with their lives, the fire fight within the compound gives proof of this, they would have also been briefed on the moves which would follow Bin Laden's death. As arrogant as he was throughout his years in hiding, Bin Laden himself cannot have expected to evade capture from the US for the rest of his natural life, and he would have made sure that plans to move on in his absence were drawn up.
So whilst US citizens celebrate today, there should be a feeling of anxiety in the air. Whilst we would all like to hope that this sort of thing would extinguish the threat of violence, the probability exists that it merely strengthens the resolve of those who seek to bring harm to the Western World.

Just my short take
UserPostedImage
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#9 Posted : 03 May 2011 04:36:26(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
I think his death will not change anything...WE CAN'T CELEBRATE the Death of a person! He was a killer but some americans are killers too...
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
Offline Mt. Epic  
#10 Posted : 03 May 2011 10:17:53(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
If you're having security problems, I feel bad for you son! I got 99 problems but Bin Laden ain't one!
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline genocidal king  
#11 Posted : 03 May 2011 10:19:59(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

It's getting amazing now..."yeah, we just kind of threw him in the sea...we didn't get any photos...or videos...no one verified his face...it was totally him though, I swear"
UserPostedImage
#12 Posted : 03 May 2011 10:21:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

genocidal king wrote:
It's getting amazing now..."yeah, we just kind of threw him in the sea...we didn't get any photos...or videos...no one verified his face...it was totally him though, I swear"

Think of the fish, man.

Edited by user 03 May 2011 10:22:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : 03 May 2011 10:22:04(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

So, It's that true? Is Bin Laden Really dead?
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
Offline Mt. Epic  
#14 Posted : 03 May 2011 10:26:03(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Realms Of Darkness wrote:
I think his death will not change anything...WE CAN'T CELEBRATE the Death of a person! He was a killer but some americans are killers too...

Each side has a justified reasoning behind it...I'm not saying I'm a Bin Laden sympathizer, but he's not just "evil" for a reason. America didn't just get attacked because he thought it was funny. And our response wasn't necessarily that great either. Two buildings of ours destroyed...Two countries of theirs were annihilated...and we're still vengeful! Doesn't seem very "justified", now does it? Great day that swine has perished, but it should still be a day of reflection
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
#15 Posted : 03 May 2011 10:56:32(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Mt. Epic wrote:
Realms Of Darkness wrote:

Each side has a justified reasoning behind it...I'm not saying I'm a Bin Laden sympathizer, but he's not just "evil" for a reason. America didn't just get attacked because he thought it was funny. And our response wasn't necessarily that great either. Two buildings of ours destroyed...Two countries of theirs were annihilated...and we're still vengeful! Doesn't seem very "justified", now does it? Great day that swine has perished, but it should still be a day of reflection

You're right man.
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
Offline Gildermershina  
#16 Posted : 03 May 2011 18:59:01(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

genocidal king wrote:

Yeah, to comply with Islamic practice, preventing his grave from becoming a shrine. Plus, according to that same law any body has to be buried within 24 hours. You know, after confirming his DNA. What do you want, corpse pictures? You honestly think anyone is going to fake Osama Bin Laden's death, given that he could easily issue a couple videos as he has done in the past to disprove it?
Offline genocidal king  
#17 Posted : 03 May 2011 19:19:02(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Gildermershina wrote:
genocidal king wrote:

Yeah, to comply with Islamic practice, preventing his grave from becoming a shrine. Plus, according to that same law any body has to be buried within 24 hours. You know, after confirming his DNA. What do you want, corpse pictures? You honestly think anyone is going to fake Osama Bin Laden's death, given that he could easily issue a couple videos as he has done in the past to disprove it?

Yes, I am well aware of all of this. I was merely being flippant.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#18 Posted : 03 May 2011 19:19:27(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

funny how they kept both of saddams childrens bodies for 11 days before releasing them though eh?
also its against Islamic practise for bodies to become shrines anyway... even the saudi kings bodies are beried in unmarked graves, so that wouldn't really have been an issue i don't think....
and im just like:
Offline Gildermershina  
#19 Posted : 04 May 2011 05:27:42(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Rincewind wrote:
funny how they kept both of saddams childrens bodies for 11 days before releasing them though eh?
also its against Islamic practise for bodies to become shrines anyway... even the saudi kings bodies are beried in unmarked graves, so that wouldn't really have been an issue i don't think....

I think it's a good thing. Even though the cringeworthy jingoism going on in the US, the whole "we got him!" thing is horrible, at least they buried him according to tradition and didn't take the body home as a prize. It's much more culturally sensitive, and even though he took extreme measures, Osama had legitimate gripes about the west that are fairly popular throughout the region.

I am happy about the huge boost to Obama's re-election chances, coming hot on the heels of the birth certificate issue, oh and this unbelievably amazing performance:

Edited by user 04 May 2011 05:30:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rincewind  
#20 Posted : 04 May 2011 19:57:07(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

proof that he was the most evil man known.... EVER!!!!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/...back-neighbours-say.html

also, that speech is amazing!
and im just like: